- 2018 Winter Games chief quits; ex minister set to step in Updated: May-03-16 9:16 am
SEOUL, South Korea - A former South Korean government minister was nominated to take over the organizing committee of the 2018 Winter Olympics on Tuesday, just hours after Cho Yang-ho quit amid escalating financial troubles at the business group his family controls.
- Lance Armstrong asking judge to end government lawsuit Updated: Apr-28-16 5:34 pm
WASHINGTON - Lance Armstrong has asked a federal judge to end a lawsuit against him by the U.S. government that seeks to recover millions of dollars in sponsorship money the U.S. Postal Service paid to his cycling teams.
- Dodgers radio announcers Monday and Steiner sign new deals Updated: Apr-28-16 2:51 pm
LOS ANGELES - Los Angeles Dodgers broadcasters Rick Monday and Charley Steiner have signed multi-year deals to continue their 12-year partnership on the team's flagship radio station.
- Romo's fantasy company fighting with NFL in court again Updated: Apr-27-16 9:00 pm
DALLAS - A fantasy football company partly owned by Dallas quarterback Tony Romo is fighting the NFL in court again, this time claiming the league is interfering with a second attempt to hold a fan-centric convention by asking sponsors not to participate.
- Camping World scores naming rights to Citrus Bowl Stadium Updated: Apr-26-16 6:20 pm
ORLANDO, Florida - First came the remake. Now the Citrus Bowl has a new name.
- $10M Sanderson gift starts $100M drive for children's health Updated: Apr-25-16 8:17 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - The CEO of Mississippi's largest publicly held company is pledging $10 million toward the expansion of pediatric medical facilities at the University of Mississippi Medical Center.
- Michigan State announces partnership with Fox Sports Updated: Apr-21-16 4:26 pm
EAST LANSING, Michigan - Michigan State's athletic department has announced a 15-year multimedia rights partnership with Fox Sports that will provide guaranteed revenues of over $150 million.
- Townsend Bell lands California Pizza Kitchen for Indy 500 Updated: Apr-16-16 8:18 pm
LONG BEACH, California - Townsend Bell finalized sponsorship for his Indianapolis 500 effort when he announced a deal Saturday with California Pizza Kitchen.
- Photo Gallery: NBA to sell ads on jerseys Updated: Apr-15-16 6:32 pm
For Sale By Owners: a valuable patch of basketball real estate on television every night.
- NBA to begin selling jersey sponsorships in 2017-18 Updated: Apr-15-16 5:28 pm
NEW YORK - The NBA will begin putting sponsorship logos on player uniforms in 2017-18, a move that could generate at least $100 million annually and a step that the NFL, Major League Baseball and NHL have yet to take.
- FIFA adviser: Strip nations of World Cups over rights abuses Updated: Apr-14-16 11:07 am
World Cups should be removed from countries failing to eradicate human rights abuses, a report commissioned by FIFA in response to concerns about the mistreatment of workers in Qatar said Thursday.
- 76ers launch innovation lab at New Jersey training site Updated: Apr-13-16 12:19 pm
PHILADELPHIA - The Philadelphia 76ers are set to launch a lab designed to help local startup companies at their new training complex.
- RBC, Boeing back on Hilton Head for 2017 Updated: Apr-13-16 12:12 pm
HILTON HEAD ISLAND, South Carolina - The Royal Bank of Canada and the Boeing Co. will return as sponsors in 2017 for the RBC Heritage.
- Devils Backbone Brewing Company partners with Anheuser-Busch Updated: Apr-12-16 12:05 pm
ROSELAND, Virginia - Anheuser-Busch has announced an agreement to acquire Roseland-based Devils Backbone Brewing Company.
- Hawks join Emory in building 'unprecedented' headquarters Updated: Apr-05-16 6:56 pm
ATLANTA - Tony Ressler had one early objective when his ownership group bought the Atlanta Hawks last June.