- Sponsors say Blatter resignation one step in FIFA reform Updated: Jun-02-15 7:26 pm
NEW YORK - For FIFA's top sponsors, the resignation of Sepp Blatter is just the first step in restoring the reputation of soccer's governing body and regaining the fans' trust following a corruption scandal.
- FIFA probe shines light on middle-man sports marketing firms Updated: May-28-15 4:56 pm
NEW YORK - The U.S. Justice Department's targeting of FIFA, soccer's global governing body, has put a spotlight on the powerful role that marketing firms play in the global sports arena.
- Visa becomes first FIFA sponsor to warn it could jump ship Updated: May-28-15 11:13 am
LONDON - Worried that their reputations will be tarnished by their links to FIFA, major sponsors are demanding that soccer's global governing body clean up its act, with Visa even warning it is prepared to jump ship.
- Ahead of FIFA election, sponsor Visa threatens to pull out Updated: May-28-15 5:56 am
ZURICH - Sepp Blatter was preparing for the FIFA presidential election with world soccer reeling from the arrest of several officials and a key sponsor threatening to cut ties with the scandal-tainted organization.
- Nike says it's cooperating with authorities in FIFA probe Updated: May-27-15 5:00 pm
NEW YORK - Nike says it is cooperating with authorities in the U.S. probe into corruption of FIFA, the governing body of soccer worldwide.
- SMI, Coca-Cola extend partnership 5 years Updated: May-24-15 2:16 pm
CONCORD, North Carolina - Speedway Motorsports Inc. and The Coca-Cola Co. have extended their partnership for five more years through 2020.
- Blatter set to polarize opinion for 4 more years at FIFA Updated: May-23-15 10:39 am
GENEVA - Sepp Blatter divides opinion so much even his opponents are charmed by him.
- FIFA sponsors Adidas, Coke, Visa express concern over Qatar Updated: May-20-15 7:48 pm
LONDON - FIFA came under pressure from sponsors Adidas, Coca-Cola and Visa on Wednesday to push Qatar to deliver reforms for migrant workers as the country rapidly expands to host the 2022 World Cup.
- Workers' group to FIFA sponsors: Qatar a blot on your brand Updated: May-18-15 1:06 pm
LONDON - Advocates for workers' rights are urging FIFA sponsors to take more responsibility for the treatment of World Cup workers in Qatar, calling the "horrific" working conditions there a blot on any company's brand.
- Vikings co-owner sued in New Jersey over real estate company Updated: May-16-15 12:09 am
FREEHOLD, New Jersey - A co-owner of the NFL's Minnesota Vikings has been sued in New Jersey by the children of a former partner who say their father was cut out of a real estate deal by Zygi Wilf and his father.
- FedEx to sponsor UEFA Europa League soccer Updated: May-15-15 1:43 pm
NEW YORK - FedEx said Friday that it signed a deal to sponsor a major European soccer league as it seeks to expand its presence in the region.
- Packers defend sponsorship deals with the military Updated: May-12-15 3:18 pm
GREEN BAY, Wisconsin - The Green Bay Packers organization defended its sponsorship deal with the Wisconsin National Guard following recent criticism of such deals from a U.S. senator who singled out the New York Jets.
- California desert golf tournament gets new title sponsor Updated: May-11-15 11:03 am
LA QUINTA, California - The PGA Tour has another title sponsor and some stability for its tournament long known as the Bob Hope Classic.
- Some Texas universities use private firms to raise money Updated: May-07-15 5:10 pm
SAN ANTONIO - Texas universities are relying heavily on private marketing firms to raise tens of millions of dollars from corporate sponsors for their athletic programs.
- UFC's Reebok deal will pay fighters based on cage experience Updated: May-06-15 5:14 pm
LOS ANGELES - UFC fighters will be paid between $2,500 and $40,000 per bout for wearing Reebok gear under the mixed martial arts promotion's new sponsorship deal.
- Chase Elliott gets NAPA sponsorship on No. 24 car in 2016 Updated: May-06-15 2:39 pm
CONCORD, North Carolina - Chase Elliott is bringing NAPA's sponsorship with him to the Sprint Cup Series.