- Paris secures 8m euros in sponsorship deals for Olympic bid Updated: Feb-09-16 6:13 am
PARIS - Leaders of the Paris bid for the 2024 Olympics secured about 8 million euros ($8.9 million) in sponsorship deals with four major French groups on Tuesday.
- The Latest: Eli Manning outshone many ads on social media Updated: Feb-07-16 11:05 pm
NEW YORK - The latest developments in Super Bowl commercials before, during and after the Big Game:
- Alleyne ties Oregon record in 73-48 win over WSU women Updated: Feb-06-16 12:56 am
PULLMAN, Washington - Jillian Alleyne had 25 points on 10-of-13 shooting and 14 rebounds to tie the school record with her 88th career double-double and Oregon used a dominating start to defeat Washington State 73-48 on Friday night.
- NY lawmaker: NFL should require synthetic marijuana testing Updated: Feb-05-16 4:15 pm
ALBANY, New York - A New York state lawmaker who has sponsored bills targeting synthetic marijuana is calling on the NFL to require players to take drug tests for the substance.
- Kroenke business partner pushes St. Louis-area development Updated: Feb-05-16 10:52 am
MARYLAND HEIGHTS, Missouri - Weeks after the NFL agreed to allow Rams owner Stan Kroenke to move his team out of St. Louis, one of the billionaire sports mogul's business partners is pushing a development plan in the city's suburbs that could be funded in part by taxpayer money.
- Buffalo Sabres, cancer center launch prevention campaign Updated: Feb-04-16 3:10 am
BUFFALO, New York - The Buffalo Sabres and an upstate cancer center have announced a partnership aimed at helping hockey fans prevent and detect cancer.
- Las Vegas Sands wants stadium for UNLV, possibly Raiders Updated: Jan-28-16 7:13 pm
LAS VEGAS - The billionaire owner of the Las Vegas Sands casino company wants to help build a professional-grade stadium at the UNLV campus and is meeting with the owner of the Oakland Raiders.
- Columbia groups sponsors Anderson's NASCAR truck Updated: Jan-27-16 3:39 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Columbia is backing hometown NASCAR truck racer Jordan Anderson this season.
- Earthquakes find their jersey sponsor in Sutter Health Updated: Jan-26-16 6:12 pm
SAN JOSE, California - The San Jose Earthquakes have a jersey sponsor at last.
- Bach: Lamine Diack brought IAAF 'into the abyss' Updated: Jan-25-16 9:10 am
FRANKFURT, Germany - IOC President Thomas Bach says former IAAF head Lamine Diack brought his sport "into the abyss" by extorting money from athletes to cover up doping.
- Adidas says it is seeking more information from IAAF Updated: Jan-25-16 4:27 am
FRANKFURT, Germany - Adidas, a major sponsor of global athletics, is in "close contact" with track and field's governing body, the IAAF, about the sport's doping and corruption scandals, the sportswear company said Monday, amid reports it is considering ending its sponsorship.
- Alleyne leads Oregon women to 77-65 win over Utah Updated: Jan-24-16 5:55 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Jillian Alleyne had 23 of her 26 points in the first half and grabbed 12 rebounds to match the Pac 12 record of 85 double-doubles and Oregon defeated Utah 77-65 on Sunday.
- Sande's leadership helped Reno's PGA Tour event survive Updated: Jan-22-16 2:02 am
RENO, Nevada - There were times John Sande III thought the Reno-Tahoe Open, now known as the Barracuda Championship, might not make it.
- Indy 500 adds PennGrade Motor Oil as presenting sponsor Updated: Jan-21-16 5:31 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - The Indianapolis 500 will have its first presenting sponsor at its 100th race in May.
- Company co-owned by Olympian files antitrust suit in Eugene Updated: Jan-21-16 10:50 am
EUGENE, Oregon - A company owned by two-time Olympian Nick Symmonds and his coach have filed a federal antitrust lawsuit in Eugene against USA Track & Field and the U.S. Olympic Committee.
- Paris 2024 Olympic bid secures $2 million sponsorship deal Updated: Jan-21-16 8:11 am
PARIS - Leaders of the Paris bid for the 2024 Olympics secured a 2 million euros ($2.2 million) sponsorship deal Thursday with the operator of France's national lottery.
- WADA appoints outside experts to oversee Russia reforms Updated: Jan-20-16 5:12 pm
MOSCOW - The World Anti-Doping Agency wants three outside experts to oversee the cleanup of Russia's anti-doping system.
- Hyundai reaches deal as title sponsor PGA Tour's LA event Updated: Jan-20-16 2:33 pm
FOUNTAIN VALLEY, California - Hyundai has reached a deal to become the title sponsor of the PGA Tour event at Riviera Country Club, following Northern Trust's decision to shift from the Los Angeles tournament to the FedEx Cup playoff opener in the New York/New Jersey area.
- Arum: Pacquiao undercard will be all-Hispanic reply to Trump Updated: Jan-19-16 6:56 pm
BEVERLY HILLS, California - Boxing promoter Bob Arum plans to make a statement against Donald Trump with an all-Hispanic undercard on his next big pay-per-view show.
- Northern Trust to shift title sponsorship from LA to NY Updated: Jan-19-16 1:34 pm
HONOLULU - Northern Trust is moving its title sponsorship on the PGA Tour from Los Angeles to New York and will become the opening FedEx Cup playoff event next year, which could create a small domino effect of sponsors.
- NBA commissioner wants to learn more about Pistons, downtown Updated: Jan-18-16 3:07 pm
DETROIT - Commissioner Adam Silver is noncommital about the possibility of the Detroit Pistons moving downtown.
- IOC asks for transcripts suggesting 2020 Olympic bid bribery Updated: Jan-15-16 9:52 am
LONDON - The IOC is ready to examine allegations of possible bribery in the bidding for the 2020 Olympics.
- The Latest: Olympic committee to work closely with IAAF Updated: Jan-14-16 12:31 pm
MUNICH - The Latest from the IAAF investigation (all times local):
- UEFA signs Chinese electronics firm Hisense for Euro 2016 Updated: Jan-14-16 4:37 am
NYON, Switzerland - UEFA says it has signed a deal with consumer electronics firm Hisense as the first Chinese sponsor of the European Championship.