- North Dakota's Jeff Campbell champ in College Home Run Derby Updated: Jul-02-15 11:35 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - Jeff Campbell of North Dakota won the College Home Run Derby, hitting 10 homers in the finals to easily defeat Wake Forest's Will Craig on Thursday night.
- Parents of Illinois players don't believe coach allegations Updated: Jul-02-15 9:50 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - The parents of a current University of Illinois women's basketball player and an incoming recruit said Thursday that they don't believe the allegations made by seven former players in a lawsuit this week accusing coaches of creating racial hostility.
- District attorney declines to file charges against Diddy Updated: Jul-02-15 9:04 pm
LOS ANGELES - The Los Angeles County district attorney's office declined Thursday to file felony charges against Sean "Diddy" Combs for a confrontation last month at the University of California, Los Angeles, where his son plays football.
- Utah CB Dominique Hatfield charged with robbery, theft Updated: Jul-02-15 6:31 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Utah cornerback Dominique Hatfield has been charged with aggravated robbery and theft by prosecutors who say he robbed a man at knifepoint who planned to buy an Xbox game console from him.
- Chargers tight end Antonio Gates suspended 4 games Updated: Jul-02-15 6:29 pm
SAN DIEGO - Antonio Gates' squeaky-clean image took a big hit Thursday when the San Diego Chargers' star tight end was suspended without pay for the first four games of the 2015 season for violating the NFL's policy on performance-enhancing substances.
- Championship football coach heads Furman hall of fame class Updated: Jul-02-15 5:38 pm
GREENVILLE, South Carolina - Former football coach Jimmy Satterfield heads up a group of five named to the Furman Athletics Hall of Fame.
- Former Virginia Tech athletic director Jim Weaver dies Updated: Jul-02-15 5:36 pm
Jim Weaver, who guided Virginia Tech's transition into the Atlantic Coast Conference and served as the university's athletic director for more than 16 years, has died.
- Clemson, coach Dabo Swinney adjusts to offseason problems Updated: Jul-02-15 5:09 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - It has not been the most trouble-free offseason for Clemson and coach Dabo Swinney.
- Anderson, Gordon and Thomas transfer to Seton Hall Updated: Jul-02-15 5:06 pm
SOUTH ORANGE, New Jersey - Two guards and a forward have transferred to Seton Hall.
- Lumberjacks' DeGroote dies at 22 while vacationing Updated: Jul-02-15 5:03 pm
DENALI NATIONAL PARK AND PRESERVE, Alaska - Northern Arizona football player Michael DeGroote died after apparently shooting himself with a gun while vacationing with his family in Alaska.
- Rangers' Martin St. Louis announces retirement Updated: Jul-02-15 3:54 pm
- Post player transfers to Arkansas basketball team Updated: Jul-02-15 2:37 pm
FAYETTEVILLE, Arkansas - University of Arkansas basketball coach Mike Anderson has announced the transfer of a 6-foot-10 post player from Kennesaw State to the Razorbacks.
- Arkansas State hires assistant women's basketball coach Updated: Jul-02-15 12:20 pm
JONESBORO, Arkansas - Arkansas State has announced the hiring of an assistant women's basketball coach.
- Bike fundraiser for brain injured ex-football player ends Updated: Jul-02-15 11:15 am
MANKATO, Minnesota - The father and brother of a former Minnesota State University football player who suffered a brain injury last year have finished a cross-country bike tour to raise money for those with similar injuries.
- Former NDSU hoops standout Alexander going pro in Germany Updated: Jul-02-15 9:41 am
FARGO, North Dakota - Former North Dakota State University men's basketball standout Lawrence Alexander has signed a professional contract with a team in Germany.
- Sabres draftee Eichel signs entry level deal, leaving school Updated: Jul-01-15 7:28 pm
BUFFALO, New York - Jack Eichel is eager to begin his NHL career.
- Rangers busy on opening day of free agency Updated: Jul-01-15 6:33 pm
GREENBURGH, New York - The New York Rangers have signed defenseman Raphael Diaz and forwards Jayson Megna, Matt Lindblad, Viktor Stalberg and Brian Gibbons as free agents.
- Pitt's Tyler Boyd waives DUI hearing, hopes for probation Updated: Jul-01-15 5:56 pm
PITTSBURGH - Pittsburgh star wide receiver Tyler Boyd has waived his right to a preliminary hearing on drunken driving charges and several related citations and hopes to enter a probation program for first-time offenders, his defense attorney said Wednesday.
- Duquesne University athletics to add women's bowling team Updated: Jul-01-15 5:49 pm
PITTSBURGH - Duquesne University officials announced the school will add women's bowling to its athletic program as its 17th sport.
- Arkansas says 1 million Hog fans passed turnstiles Updated: Jul-01-15 5:03 pm
FAYETTEVILLE, Arkansas - The University of Arkansas says more than 1 million paying fans passed the turnstiles to attend Razorback sporting events in the 2014-15 school year.
- New sports uniforms level the playing field for Muslim girls Updated: Jul-01-15 12:19 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Girls in stylish athletic wear walk the runway as the sounds of Taylor Swift and Katy Perry blare from speakers. The crowd claps and cheers as the young models strike poses with basketballs, lacrosse sticks and boxing gloves. Finally, the big reveal: the Lady Warriors community traveling basketball team takes the stage in their cardinal red uniforms.
- UND slugger Campbell to compete in College Home Run Derby Updated: Jul-01-15 2:27 am
GRAND FORKS, North Dakota - University of North Dakota slugger Jeff Campbell is participating in this year's TD Ameritrade College Home Run Derby.
- Kansas adds UNC transfer guard Jessica Washington Updated: Jun-30-15 9:30 pm
LAWRENCE, Kansas - Kansas has added North Carolina transfer guard Jessica Washington.
- Former VMI coach Ikenberry hired at James Madison Updated: Jun-30-15 6:39 pm
HARRISONBURG, Virginia - Former VMI head baseball coach Marlin Ikenberry has been hired as the coach at James Madison.
- Yow savors Wolfpack's work to reach goal of Top 25 status Updated: Jun-30-15 6:23 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Athletic director Debbie Yow has spent five years pushing to turn North Carolina State into a top-25 program. The 2014-15 sports season has brought the Wolfpack to the edge of that goal.