- Carta wins NCAA title as Duke advances Updated: May-23-16 11:38 pm
EUGENE, Oregon - Duke freshman Virginia Elena Carta won the NCAA individual title Monday for her first college victory, closing with a 3-under 69 and an eight-shot victory.
- Nevada's shot-blocking frosh Oliver pulls out of NBA draft Updated: May-23-16 8:34 pm
RENO, Nevada - Nevada forward Cameron Oliver has pulled out of the NBA draft and plans to be back with the Wolf Pack for his sophomore season.
- North Texas AD Rick Villarreal stepping down after 16 years Updated: May-23-16 7:16 pm
DENTON, Texas - North Texas athletic director Rick Villarreal is stepping down after 16 years, a tenure marked by persistent instability in the football program despite the building of a new stadium.
- Virginia lacrosse coach out after 24 years, 4 championships Updated: May-23-16 7:06 pm
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia - Virginia says hall of fame men's lacrosse coach Dom Starsia is out after leading the Cavaliers to four national championships, 13 Final Fours and six Atlantic Coast Conference titles in 24 seasons as coach.
- Satellite camps, recruiting, hoops hot topics around the SEC Updated: May-23-16 6:49 pm
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - Southeastern Conference coaches and athletic directors will convene next week with familiar topics on the agenda, including football recruiting in general and satellite camps in particular, along with strengthening men's basketball across the league.
- Arkansas pitching coach Jorn announces retirement Updated: May-23-16 6:08 pm
FAYETTEVILLE, Arkansas - Arkansas pitching coach Dave Jorn has announced his retirement after a combined 20 years with the Razorbacks, including the last 14 seasons working under head coach Dave Van Horn.
- Gophers take top seed in Big 10 baseball tournament Updated: May-23-16 5:53 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Minnesota will take its 23rd regular-season Big Ten baseball title and the top seed into the conference tournament this week.
- Bevo mascot chosen, returns to Texas sideline in 2016 Updated: May-23-16 5:52 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - The University of Texas says a new longhorn steer mascot has been selected and will be introduced at the 2016 season-opener against Notre Dame on Sept. 4.
- Late-season surge lifts Louisiana-Lafayette in Sun Belt Updated: May-23-16 5:37 pm
Louisiana-Lafayette has come within one step of reaching the College World Series in each of the last two seasons, falling each time in super regionals.
- Pitt RB James Conner says he is cancer-free Updated: May-23-16 5:07 pm
Pittsburgh running back James Conner says he is cancer-free, less than six months after being diagnosed with Hodgkin lymphoma.
- Arkansas State-Utah State football game rescheduled for TV Updated: May-23-16 4:51 pm
JONESBORO, Arkansas - The Arkansas State at Utah State football game has been rescheduled and will be broadcast nationally.
- Georgia's Juwan Parker granted medical redshirt Updated: May-23-16 4:47 pm
ATHENS, Georgia - Georgia guard Juwan Parker has been awarded a medical redshirt, leaving him with two years of eligibility, after missing the 2015-16 season with a partially torn Achilles tendon.
- Clemson's Beer sweeps honors as ACC's top player, freshman Updated: May-23-16 4:45 pm
GREENSBORO, North Carolina - Clemson outfielder Seth Beer is the first player in Atlantic Coast Conference history to be named league player of the year and freshman of the year in the same season.
- Falcons' Vic Beasley Jr. samples new dual role as OLB and DE Updated: May-23-16 4:42 pm
FLOWERY BRANCH, Georgia - Vic Beasley Jr. is learning a new position for his second season with the Atlanta Falcons.
- Schedule set for NCAA softball Norman Super Regional Updated: May-23-16 4:30 pm
NORMAN, Oklahoma - The schedule is set for the NCAA softball Norman Super Regional between No. 3 seeded Oklahoma and No. 14 Louisiana-Lafayette.
- Ventura: Relievers, media pose threats to Bradley's streak Updated: May-23-16 4:29 pm
CHICAGO - Robin Ventura holds the longest hitting streak in major college baseball at 58 games. But the Chicago White Sox manager thinks Boston's Jackie Bradley Jr. faces many more obstacles as he tries to build on a 27-game streak.
- SEC names A&M's White top player, Gators' Shore top pitcher Updated: May-23-16 4:21 pm
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - Texas A&M's Boomer White is the Southeastern Conference baseball player of the year and Florida's Logan Shore is pitcher of the year.
- Evan Maxwell transferring from Liberty to Kansas Updated: May-23-16 4:15 pm
LAWRENCE, Kansas - Liberty forward Evan Maxwell is transferring to Kansas, where the school announced Monday that he will have to sit out next season under NCAA rules.
- Panthers' Thompson cited in accident that injured ex-Duke QB Updated: May-23-16 4:11 pm
WEDDINGTON, North Carolina - Carolina Panthers linebacker Shaq Thompson was cited for a head-on accident that injured former Duke quarterback Anthony Boone over the weekend, a North Carolina Highway Patrol trooper said Monday.
- Mangum wins Ferris Trophy Updated: May-23-16 4:07 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Mississippi State freshman outfielder Jake Mangum has won this year's Ferriss Trophy, which is given to Mississippi's top college baseball player.
- No NBA: Trevon Bluiett staying at Xavier for junior season Updated: May-23-16 3:50 pm
CINCINNATI - Forward Trevon Bluiett has withdrawn from consideration from the NBA draft and will return to Xavier for his junior season.
- BC receiver Troy Flutie, NFL star's nephew, charged with DUI Updated: May-23-16 3:10 pm
NATICK, Massachusetts - Boston College receiver Troy Flutie has been suspended from the football team after police charged him with operating a vehicle under the influence of liquor.
- ACC Tournament begins with Miami, Louisville as favorites Updated: May-23-16 12:27 pm
Virginia won the Atlantic Coast Conference's first national championship in six decades. Miami and Louisville look like the best contenders for the next one.
- Montana names Chris Cobb as associate head men's hoops coach Updated: May-23-16 12:21 pm
MISSOULA, Montana - Montana men's basketball coach Travis DeCuire has promoted assistant Chris Cobb to associate head coach.
- Gov. McAuliffe takes state plane to Final Four, Cuba Updated: May-23-16 12:01 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Records show that Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe has used a state airplane to fly to Cuba and a University of Virginia basketball game in Chicago, among other destinations.