- Petersen falls short as No. 23 Broncos beat Huskies 16-13 Updated: Sep-05-15 3:09 am
BOISE, Idaho - The cameras followed Chris Petersen everywhere he went, from arriving on the bus, to the first steps he took on the famous blue turf dressed in purple.
- Petersen falls short as No. 23 Broncos beat Huskies 16-13 Updated: Sep-05-15 3:06 am
BOISE, Idaho - Once the leader of Boise State's rise to prominence, Chris Petersen was on the verge of ending the Broncos' hopes for another special year in the season opener.
- Oregon State defeats Weber State 26-7 in Andersen's debut Updated: Sep-05-15 12:48 am
CORVALLIS, Oregon - Seth Collins won himself the starter's job for Oregon State.
- No. 4 Baylor plenty of offense in 56-21 opener at SMU Updated: Sep-05-15 12:22 am
DALLAS - Art Briles and the Baylor Bears made the most of their fresh start - and chance to finally move past the playoff snub and Cotton Bowl meltdown that ended last season.
- Army falls to FBS Fordham 37-35 Updated: Sep-05-15 12:21 am
WEST POINT, New York - After losing most his triple-option weapons and two dozen other players to graduation, Army coach Jeff Monken expected to learn plenty about his team in real time Friday night.
- Kent State-Illinois postponed until Saturday by lightning Updated: Sep-05-15 12:14 am
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - An Illinois football team eager to put months of turmoil aside and play football will have to wait an extra day after Friday's opener against Kent State was postponed after three hours of lightning.
- No. 5 Michigan St. tops W. Mich 37-24, sets sights on Oregon Updated: Sep-05-15 12:05 am
KALAMAZOO, Michigan - Michigan State looked as if it needed a tuneup before playing Oregon.
- Fordham knocks off another FBS team with 37-35 win over Army Updated: Sep-04-15 11:50 pm
WEST POINT, New York - Fordham turned a nightmare beginning into a dream ending - and put the big boys on notice again.
- Petersen tries to stay low-key in return to Boise State Updated: Sep-04-15 11:03 pm
BOISE, Idaho - Chris Petersen tried to stay out of the limelight in his return to Boise.
- Syracuse routs Rhode Island 47-0 Updated: Sep-04-15 10:34 pm
SYRACUSE, New York - Eric Dungey threw for two touchdowns and Syracuse routed Rhode Island 47-0 in the opener for both teams on Friday night.
- Defensive scores gives Jacksonville 20-14 win over Delaware Updated: Sep-04-15 10:22 pm
NEWARK, Delaware - Justin Horton recovered a fumble in the end zone with 2:09 left to secure Jacksonville's 20-14 season-opening win over Delaware on Friday night.
- Tennis officials eye security after drone crashes at US Open Updated: Sep-04-15 10:11 pm
NEW YORK - A drone crash during a U.S. Open match has tennis officials thinking about whether they can do more to safeguard the sprawling National Tennis Center from such hazards, a spokesman said Friday.
- Lehigh outlasts Central Connecticut 20-14 Updated: Sep-04-15 9:54 pm
NEW BRITAIN, Connecticut - Nick Shafnisky passed for one touchdown, ran for another and Lehigh outlasted Central Connecticut State 20-14 in the opener for both teams Friday night.
- Temple looks for showcase victory over rival Penn State Updated: Sep-04-15 9:06 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Temple can boast a sold out stadium for its opener, a rare feat in the 12 years the Owls have called Lincoln Financial Field home.
- Eagles clear spot for Tebow, trading Barkley to Cardinals Updated: Sep-04-15 8:53 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Tim Tebow made Matt Barkley expendable.
- Jordy Nelson to be inducted in K-State Ring of Honor Updated: Sep-04-15 8:44 pm
MANHATTAN, Kansas - Jordy Nelson's favorite Kansas State memory doesn't involve a record, recognition or even an iconic moment such as carrying Bill Snyder off the field following the coach's final game of his first tenure with the Wildcats.
- Charlotte holds off Georgia State 23-20 in FBS debut Updated: Sep-04-15 8:02 pm
ATLANTA - Matt Johnson threw for 242 yards and a touchdown to help Charlotte beat Georgia State 23-20 in the 49ers' FBS debut Friday at the Georgia Dome.
- Ex-Oklahoma State basketball player sues coach, university Updated: Sep-04-15 7:59 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - Former Oklahoma State basketball player Stevie Clark is suing OSU, the university's Board of Regents and men's basketball coach Travis Ford for allegedly being forced to take psychotropic drugs.
- Column: Football should be Xs and Os, not proselytizing Updated: Sep-04-15 7:00 pm
ATLANTA - A football season begins, and with it comes religion on the gridiron.
- Rutgers coach Flood under fire heading into season opener Updated: Sep-04-15 3:40 pm
PISCATAWAY, New Jersey - When Rutgers opens the season against Norfolk State Saturday, coach Kyle Flood seemingly is going to lead the team on the field at Rutgers Stadium.
- Obama to meet with NCAA champion Duke basketball team Updated: Sep-04-15 3:34 pm
DURHAM, North Carolina - President Obama is meeting with the Duke basketball team to congratulate the Blue Devils on their NCAA championship earlier this year.
- Golson debuts at QB for No. 10 Florida State vs. Texas State Updated: Sep-04-15 3:29 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - The last time Everett Golson played at Doak Campbell Stadium he nearly led Notre Dame to an upset of then top-ranked Florida State. Nearly 11 months later, Golson returns as the Seminoles' starting quarterback as 10th-ranked Florida State opens against Texas State.
- Krzyzewski, Duke to visit White House on Tuesday Updated: Sep-04-15 3:29 pm
DURHAM, North Carolina - Duke's men's basketball team is headed back to the White House next week to celebrate its latest national title.
- Wyoming guard injures knee during workout Updated: Sep-04-15 3:12 pm
LARAMIE, Wyoming - Wyoming sophomore guard Trey Washington injured a knee during individual workouts earlier this week.
- Old friends Narduzzi, Pelini square off in opener Updated: Sep-04-15 3:09 pm
PITTSBURGH - Bo Pelini and Pat Narduzzi have spent the better part of their lives occasionally staring across the football field at one another.