- Texas coach Charlie Strong making promises, can he deliver? Updated: Oct-07-15 4:59 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Shortly after 11 a.m. on Nov. 17, 2014, Texas coach Charlie Strong made a promise: five-loss seasons would "never happen again" in the Longhorns program.
- Eastern Kentucky University cancels classes; cites threat Updated: Oct-07-15 4:47 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Eastern Kentucky University canceled classes and shifted a home football game to another campus because of an escalating threat after the discovery of graffiti that threatened to "kill all" this week, school officials said Wednesday.
- Freshmen expected to contribute heavily for Penn State Updated: Oct-07-15 4:45 pm
State College, Pennsylvania - In the last four years, Patrick Chambers has visited living room after living room and has been told no again and again.
- No. 2 TCU, No. 3 Baylor so far on track to Big 12 title game Updated: Oct-07-15 4:04 pm
The Big 12 does not have a conference championship game. It sure looks there is one on the schedule on the night after Thanksgiving.
- Dismissed Michigan football player charged with 3 felonies Updated: Oct-07-15 3:43 pm
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - Former Michigan football player Logan Tuley-Tillman has been charged with three felonies, nearly a month after the offensive tackle was kicked off the team.
- Tuskegee-Morehouse meet in mostly one-sided rivalry Updated: Oct-07-15 3:34 pm
It is one of the oldest rivalries in college football, though not one of the most competitive.
- Rutgers reinstates wide receiver Carroo after charges tossed Updated: Oct-07-15 3:13 pm
PISCATAWAY, New Jersey - The Rutgers football team reinstated wide receiver Leonte Carroo on Wednesday, a day after criminal charges against him were dropped.
- Hakstol confident in leap from college to Flyers coach Updated: Oct-07-15 2:51 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Dave Hakstol left the college game behind at North Dakota when he was hired by the Flyers. He never stopped recruiting.
- Rodriquez: Arizona's 3-3-5 defensive scheme not the problem Updated: Oct-07-15 2:42 pm
Arizona coach Rich Rodriguez has heard it every time his defense stumbles, even back in his days at West Virginia: Scrap the 3-3-5 defense.
- ACC's medical observers another set of eyes to spot injury Updated: Oct-07-15 2:41 pm
When the Atlantic Coast Conference announced a new policy requiring medical observers at every game this season, Syracuse's Brad Pike was hesitant, unsure how it would work.
- Pacers add rookie Kadeem Jack to training camp roster Updated: Oct-07-15 2:14 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - The Indiana Pacers signed former Rutgers start Kadeem Jack on Wednesday.
- WVU safety Karl Joseph out for season with knee injury Updated: Oct-07-15 2:05 pm
MORGANTOWN, West Virginia - West Virginia safety Karl Joseph will miss the remainder of the season after sustaining a right knee injury during practice, coach Dana Holgorsen said Wednesday.
- OU, OSU women's players named preseason All-Big 12 Updated: Oct-07-15 1:24 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - Oklahoma's Gabbi Ortiz and Oklahoma State's Brittney Martin have been selected to the preseason All-Big 12 women's basketball team.
- Michigan State football raffle winners need to pick up cash Updated: Oct-07-15 1:11 pm
EAST LANSING, Michigan - Michigan State wasn't the only winner against Oregon and Central Michigan: Football fans who bought raffle tickets at Spartan Stadium won thousands of dollars but haven't claimed their prizes yet.
- Tennessee dismisses WR Howard from team for rules violation Updated: Oct-07-15 1:08 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - Tennessee wide receiver Alton "Pig" Howard has been dismissed from the team for a violation of unspecified team rules.
- LSU-South Carolina game moved to Louisiana due to flooding Updated: Oct-07-15 12:37 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - South Carolina is moving its home game against LSU to Baton Rouge because of massive flooding around the university.
- Correction: Referee Punched story Updated: Oct-07-15 11:50 am
KISSIMMEE, Florida - In an Oct. 5 story about a referee being punched after a disputed call at a football game, The Associated Press erroneously described the suspect. The suspect described himself as a youth league coach, not a high school football coach.
- A guide to watching sports if you don't have cable Updated: Oct-07-15 11:49 am
NEW YORK - It's football season, and baseball playoffs are starting. Don't have cable? You can still watch.
- Former UW forward pleads guilty to counterfeit charge Updated: Oct-07-15 10:19 am
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - Former University of Wyoming basketball player Afam Muojeke (uh-FAHM', moo-JEK'-ee) has pleaded guilty to one count of attempting to pass counterfeit currency.
- Some highly touted teams flop in opening month of season Updated: Oct-07-15 3:36 am
ATLANTA - Georgia Tech never expected to be in this position, facing its first four-game losing streak in nearly two decades.
- New challenges for Tennessee's Barnes after years in Texas Updated: Oct-06-15 9:17 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - Tennessee coach Rick Barnes' new surroundings have the veteran coach adopting a slightly different approach in preseason practices.
- Colorado coach sorry for pushing assistant during Ducks loss Updated: Oct-06-15 7:59 pm
BOULDER, Colorado - Colorado coach Mike MacIntyre said he was sorry for getting into a sideline altercation with an assistant coach during a 41-24 loss to Oregon over the weekend.
- No. 20 UCLA dearly missed 3 injured defenders in 1st loss Updated: Oct-06-15 7:51 pm
LOS ANGELES - If absence makes the heart grow fonder, No. 20 UCLA will be pining over linebacker Myles Jack and cornerback Fabian Moreau for a long time.
- QB drama at Oregon: What will the Ducks do next? Updated: Oct-06-15 7:28 pm
About the only thing that's certain about the Oregon Ducks at quarterback is there's a lot of uncertainty.
- Louisville campus police reviewing escort allegations Updated: Oct-06-15 7:19 pm
Louisville campus police now say they are reviewing allegations that a former men's basketball staffer hired escorts to dance and have sex with recruits and players in a dormitory.