- Sam Hunt: Playing Super Bowl blends love for music, sports Updated: Feb-07-16 8:16 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - As a kid, Sam Hunt dreamt of playing in the Super Bowl. And he was on the right path as a quarterback for both Middle Tennessee State University and the University of Alabama at Birmingham.
- No. 12 Texas A&M women beat No. 23 Tennessee 76-71 in OT Updated: Feb-07-16 8:04 pm
COLLEGE STATION, Texas - Trailing by 11 points with three minutes left, all hope of a comeback for Texas A&M seemed utterly lost. Then in the sudden blink of an eye, everything took a 180 degree turn.
- Brunner's 3-point play lets No. 8 Arizona State es Updated: Feb-07-16 7:57 pm
TEMPE, Arizona - No. 8 Arizona State was struggling so much coach Charli Turner Thorne decided during one first-half timeout to turn things over to her players in order to "empower" and relax them.
- Minnesota's Banham ties NCAA record with 60 points Updated: Feb-07-16 7:49 pm
EVANSTON, Illinois - Rachel Banham tied a NCAA record with 60 points - with 10 coming in the first overtime and eight in the second - to lead Minnesota to a 112-106 win over Northwestern on Sunday.
- Brooks scores 30 as No. 16 Oregon beats Utah 76-66 Updated: Feb-07-16 7:40 pm
EUGENE, Oregon - Any campaign for Oregon's Dillon Brooks as Pac-12 player of the year might have to start with an endorsement from a coach outside his own camp.
- Cobb, Milin lead Fairfield to 80-70 victory over Manhattan Updated: Feb-07-16 6:34 pm
BRIDGEPORT, Connecticut - Curtis Cobb scored 20 points and Matija Milin added a career-high 19 points plus nine rebounds to lead Fairfield to an 80-70 victory over Manhattan on Sunday.
- Curry's 31 helps James Madison beat Hofstra 98-95 in OT Updated: Feb-07-16 6:28 pm
HARRISONBURG, Virginia - Ron Curry had seven 3-pointers and a career-high 31 points and Shakir Brown had eight of his 15 in overtime as James Madison defeated Hofstra 98-95 on Sunday.
- Birt leads Tulsa over Houston 77-63 Updated: Feb-07-16 6:13 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - Pat Birt matched his season high of 27 points and Tulsa beat Houston 77-63 on Sunday.
- Police: college soccer player's body found in Ohio creek Updated: Feb-07-16 6:11 pm
DELAWARE, Ohio - Police are investigating the death of an Ohio Wesleyan University soccer player whose body was found in a creek in central Ohio.
- No. 13 Louisville folds in 66-61 loss to No. 3 Notre Dame Updated: Feb-07-16 6:04 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Leading by six with 8 1/2 minutes remaining, No. 13 Louisville had outplayed third-ranked Notre Dame and appeared headed to a win that would put them atop the Atlantic Coast Conference.
- Robertson scores 19 to lead Canisius past Rider 67-61 Updated: Feb-07-16 5:56 pm
BUFFALO, New York - Kassius Robertson made four 3-pointers and scored 19 points to help Canisius hold off Rider 67-61 on Sunday.
- Powers keys No. 17 Michigan St women in 74-69 win over Iowa Updated: Feb-07-16 5:47 pm
IOWA CITY, Iowa - Aerial Powers scored 25 points and had a key steal and two free throws in the closing seconds, Tori Jankoska hit four free throws in the final 23 seconds and No. 17 Michigan State held off Iowa 74-69 on Sunday.
- No. 3 Notre Dame rallies past No. 13 Louisville 66-61 Updated: Feb-07-16 5:47 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - No matter how many shots third-ranked Notre Dame missed for three quarters against No. 13 Louisville, the final one allowed one last chance for redemption.
- Hamblin, Weise lead No. 9 Oregon State women past WSU, 54-45 Updated: Feb-07-16 5:40 pm
PULLMAN, Washington - Oregon State basketball fans call Ruth Hamblin "The Hammer," but it was Sydney Wiese who nailed down the Beavers' 10th consecutive win Sunday at Washington State.
- Oregon women score 35 in 4th, beat No. 24 Washington 75-63 Updated: Feb-07-16 5:38 pm
SEATTLE - Maite Cazorla and Kat Cooper each scored 16 points and Oregon used 35 fourth-quarter points to beat No. 24 Washington 75-63 on Sunday.
- No. 11 Mississippi State women defeat No. 21 Missouri 52-42 Updated: Feb-07-16 5:38 pm
STARKVILLE, Mississippi - Morgan William scored 17 points and Victoria Vivians 13, and the two guards made big plays late in No. 11 Mississippi State's 52-42 victory over No. 21 Missouri on Sunday.
- No. 14 UCLA women ease by Arizona 73-39 Updated: Feb-07-16 5:28 pm
TUCSON, Arizona - Monique Billings scored 14 points and No. 14 UCLA forced 25 turnovers in a 73-39 victory over Arizona on Sunday.
- Milton, Moore help No. 12 SMU rout South Florida 92-58 Updated: Feb-07-16 5:22 pm
TAMPA, Florida - There were a lot of things Larry Brown could appreciate about the way SMU played against South Florida on Sunday.
- Thomas, Bingley lead No. 10 Florida State past Clemson Updated: Feb-07-16 5:14 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - After having a week off between games, Florida State started off slowly on Sunday against Clemson before getting into a rhythm in the second half.
- Balance leads Utah women past Colorado 76-68 Updated: Feb-07-16 4:35 pm
BOULDER, Colorado - Emily Potter led a balanced attack with 13 points and six blocks and Utah closed the game on a 12-5 run to defeat Colorado for the second time in four days, 76-68 on Sunday.
- Adams' 3-pointer gives Bonnies 65-62 win over Billikens Updated: Feb-07-16 4:25 pm
ST. BONAVENTURE, New York - Jaylen Adams hit a last-second 3-pointer to give St. Bonaventure a 65-62 victory over Saint Louis on Sunday.
- McClellan, Newton lead No. 17 Miami past Georgia Tech 75-68 Updated: Feb-07-16 4:22 pm
ATLANTA - With Miami clinging to a three-point lead and the shot clock running down, Ja'Quan Newton had no choice except to throw up a towering shot from the corner with a Georgia Tech player right in his face.
- Big first half carries Iona past Niagara 75-61 Updated: Feb-07-16 4:20 pm
NIAGARA FALLS, New York - Isaiah Williams scored 21 points and Iona used a big first half to defeat Niagara 75-61 on Sunday.
- Martin, No. 25 Oklahoma State women beat Texas Tech 70-57 Updated: Feb-07-16 4:19 pm
STILLWATER, Oklahoma - Brittney Martin scored 32 points and grabbed 15 rebounds for her eighth straight double-double and No. 25 Oklahoma State beat Texas Tech 70-57 on Sunday for the Cowgirls' sixth victory in a row.
- Jok scores 23 to lead No. 5 Iowa past Illinois, 77-65 Updated: Feb-07-16 4:19 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Just over three minutes into the second half, Iowa's Peter Jok stole the ball from Illinois guard Khalid Lewis and glided to the other end of the court for a two-handed dunk.