- Dynamo tie Whitecaps 1-1 in first game since coach resigned Updated: May-28-16 8:25 pm
VANCOUVER, British Columbia - Defender DaMarcus Beasley scored in the 20th minute to help the Houston Dynamo tie the Vancouver Whitecaps 1-1 on Saturday.
- Former NC State, BC assistant Don Horton dies at 58 Updated: May-28-16 5:52 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Don Horton, former North Carolina State and Boston College assistant football coach, has died. He was 58.
- Canisius hires Reggie Witherspoon as basketball coach Updated: May-28-16 12:45 pm
BUFFALO, New York - Reggie Witherspoon is returning home to Buffalo to coach the Canisius College basketball team.
- Former wrestling coach pleads guilty to videotaping boys Updated: May-27-16 7:09 pm
ELKHART, Indiana - A former northern Indiana teacher and wrestling coach has pleaded guilty to charges alleging he videotaped naked boys in a locker room.
- Brazil's Dunga names Kaka to replace injured Douglas Costa Updated: May-27-16 4:36 pm
RIO DE JANEIRO - Brazil coach Dunga has called up Orlando City midfielder Kaka to replace Bayern Munich's Douglas Costa, who is out of the Copa America Centenario with an injured left thigh.
- Uncertainty leaves Baylor in danger of return to bad ol'days Updated: May-27-16 4:09 pm
Enveloped by uncertainty, Baylor football is facing the possibility of a lost season, NCAA sanctions and the program slipping back toward the losing ways that predated Art Briles' tenure as coach.
- Mississippi self-imposes scholarship cuts in football Updated: May-27-16 3:50 pm
OXFORD, Mississippi - Mississippi has self-imposed scholarship reductions in football because of NCAA violations and is still investigating more allegations involving first-round NFL draft pick Laremy Tunsil.
- UNC's Roy Williams recovering from knee replacement surgery Updated: May-27-16 1:11 pm
CHAPEL HILL, North Carolina - North Carolina Hall of Fame men's basketball coach Roy Williams is recovering from knee replacement surgery.
- Former Asbury University coach wins civil case Updated: May-27-16 12:07 pm
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Two state courts have affirmed a Jessamine County jury's verdict in favor of Debi Powell, a former women's basketball coach at Asbury University.
- Coroner: Wrestling coach victim in murder-suicide Updated: May-27-16 8:36 am
SLATINGTON, Pennsylvania - A youth wrestling coach was fatally shot in what a coroner says was a murder-suicide in an eastern Pennsylvania home.
- Baylor looks to rebuild after report on sex assaults Updated: May-27-16 8:35 am
AUSTIN, Texas - Baylor University will look to rebuild its reputation and perhaps its football program after an outside review found administrators mishandled allegations of sexual assault and the team operated under the perception it was above the rules.
- Serial winner Mourinho hired to revive fading Man United Updated: May-27-16 7:40 am
MANCHESTER, England - Manchester United needed a serial winner to restore the team's status as a European powerhouse. Jose Mourinho craved an iconic stage like Old Trafford to remind the world of his rare talent as a coach.
- Former coach remembers Olympic hurdler Mamie Rallins Updated: May-27-16 4:04 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The former coach of Olympic hurdler Mamie Rallins says she was a "hard worker" who achieved success on and off the track.
- News Guide: Review finds Baylor disregarded sexual assault Updated: May-27-16 2:23 am
DALLAS - After months of silence, Baylor University responded to mounting criticism of its handling of accusations of sexual assaults and other attacks by football players by demoting its president, Ken Starr, and firing its football coach, Art Briles.
- AP Source: Rockets, D'Antoni agree on 4-year deal Updated: May-26-16 11:33 pm
Mike D'Antoni is taking his "Seven Seconds or Less" offense to Houston, where James Harden is waiting to give his new coach the kind of weapon that could be a perfect fit for his system.
- Briles' daughter calls Baylor case a 'media witch hunt' Updated: May-26-16 7:33 pm
The daughter of outgoing Baylor football coach Art Briles called the circumstances that led to his ouster a "media witch hunt" and wrote that her father is a "man of incredible character" in a Facebook post.
- The Latest: US says it's aware of Baylor announcement Updated: May-26-16 7:29 pm
WACO, Texas - The Latest on Baylor University's demotion of its president and firing of its football coach amid criticism of the school's handling of sexual assault complaints involving players (all times local):
- LeBeau speaking up again now he's running Titans defense Updated: May-26-16 5:52 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The Tennessee Titans are back to just one man running their defense, and Dick LeBeau is ready to speak up once again.
- Zidane feels 'lucky' to be back in Champions League final Updated: May-26-16 2:15 pm
MADRID - Zinedine Zidane couldn't have asked for much more after only five months as Real Madrid's head coach. The former France great has a chance to end the season celebrating the Champions League title, just like he did 14 years ago as a player for the Spanish powerhouse.
- Fleming hired to coach St. Bonaventure women's basketball Updated: May-26-16 2:02 pm
OLEAN, New York - St. Bonaventure has hired Bowling Green assistant Jesse Fleming to coach its women's basketball team.
- Police investigate Minnesota wrestlers amid drug allegations Updated: May-26-16 1:43 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The University of Minnesota police department is investigating allegations that several Golden Gophers wrestlers have been involved in selling and using drugs.
- Howard County gymnastics coach facing child pornography charges Updated: May-26-16 1:25 pm
WINDSOR MILL, Maryland - A longtime Howard County gymnastics instructor has been arrested on child pornography charges.
- Tennessee plans to bring back Serrano for 6th season Updated: May-26-16 1:19 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - Tennessee baseball coach Dave Serrano will have another year to try getting the Volunteers back up the Southeastern Conference standings.
- Dumitru, coach who escaped communist Romania, dies at 76 Updated: May-26-16 12:37 pm
JOHANNESBURG - Ted Dumitru, the former South African national soccer team coach whose 40-year career took him from communist Romania to Turkey, Germany, the United States and across Africa, died Thursday. He was 76.
- Owen Coyle out as coach of the Houston Dynamo Updated: May-26-16 12:16 am
HOUSTON - Owen Coyle is out as coach of the Houston Dynamo.