- Klitschko's title defense vs Fury rescheduled for Nov. 28 Updated: Oct-02-15 10:10 am
BERLIN - Wladimir Klitschko's postponed heavyweight title defense against Tyson Fury has been rescheduled for Nov. 28 at the same Duesseldorf venue.
- Muhammad Ali honored in his Kentucky hometown Updated: Oct-01-15 11:50 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Muhammad Ali won another round of love and appreciation for his achievements as a fighter in and out of the ring. He even got the hardware to prove it.
- Column: Ali, Frazier and the cost of the Thrilla in Manilla Updated: Sep-30-15 3:50 pm
It was, Muhammad Ali would later say, the closest thing to death he had ever known.
- Ali, Holder, rapper Nas among 2015 DuBois Medal recipients Updated: Sep-28-15 4:22 pm
CAMBRIDGE, Massachusetts - Boxing legend Muhammad Ali, U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder and rapper Nasir "Nas" Jones are among the 2015 recipients of Harvard's W.E.B. DuBois Medal.
- Wilder stops Duhaupas in 11th to defend heavyweight title Updated: Sep-27-15 12:57 am
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - Deontay Wilder kept landing punches, and Johann Duhaupas kept standing there.
- Heavyweight Breazeale remains unbeaten on Wilder undercard Updated: Sep-26-15 10:28 pm
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - Heavyweight Dominic Breazeale withstood a strong effort from undersized Fred Kassi to post a 10-round unanimous decision Saturday night and remain undefeated.
- Ex-Sandoval aide appointed to Nevada Athletic Commission Updated: Sep-25-15 1:06 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Gov. Brian Sandoval has appointed one of his former top advisers to the Nevada panel that regulates boxing and mixed martial arts.
- Alvarez, Chilemba to box for shot at champ Stevenson Updated: Sep-24-15 5:11 pm
MONTREAL - Eleider Alvarez will face Isaac Chilemba in an elimination bout to become the top light heavyweight contender in the World Boxing Council, promoter Yvon Michel announced Thursday.
- No. 11 Clemson outlasts Louisville 20-17 in ACC opener Updated: Sep-18-15 10:00 am
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Clemson players chose to focus more on the result of their performance against Louisville rather than how it looked, a wise choice considering things were sometimes hard to look at.
- Boxing great Ali gets award in his hometown of Louisville Updated: Sep-17-15 3:53 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Boxing great Muhammad Ali once again heard a crowd chanting his name Thursday and had a medal draped around his neck in his Kentucky hometown.
- Timothy Bradley announces Nov. 7 bout with Brandon Rios Updated: Sep-16-15 8:56 pm
LOS ANGELES - Floyd Mayweather Jr. insists he is retired. Manny Pacquiao faces a long road back from shoulder surgery.
- Pacquiao says Street View will help Philippine tourism Updated: Sep-16-15 11:45 am
MANILA, Philippines - Filipino boxing icon Manny Pacquiao and tourism officials said Wednesday images of the Philippine capital and the country's main tourist spots on Google's Street View could help attract more visitors to the country.
- Pacquiao is OK with no rematch with Mayweather Updated: Sep-16-15 10:20 am
MANILA, Philippines - Manny Pacquiao doubts he will have a rematch with Floyd Mayweather because the American says he's retiring. And besides, boxing is not his priority these days.
- Muhammad Ali launches University of Louisville scholarship Updated: Sep-16-15 7:44 am
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Muhammad Ali, along with his wife, Lonnie, has made a donation to the University of Louisville baseball team for a scholarship in the legendary boxer's name.
- Mayweather decisions Berto in last fight to remain unbeaten Updated: Sep-13-15 1:20 am
LAS VEGAS - His career winding down to its final seconds, Floyd Mayweather Jr. took a victory lap around the ring, his fist raised in triumph.
- Statue honoring former heavyweight champ Frazier unveiled Updated: Sep-13-15 12:06 am
PHILADELPHIA - A statue honoring former heavyweight boxing champion Joe Frazier was unveiled Saturday.
- Jack beats Groves in title fight Updated: Sep-12-15 11:25 pm
LAS VEGAS - Badou Jack put George Groves down in the first round Saturday night on his way to winning a 12-round split decision to retain his super middleweight title.
- Peter Quillin stops Australia's Michael Zerafa in 5th Updated: Sep-12-15 6:43 pm
LEDYARD, Connecticut - Peter Quillin stopped Australia's Michael Zerafa with a roundhouse right at 1:06 of the fifth round of their super middleweight bout Saturday.
- Putin gives Roy Jones Jr. Russian citizenship Updated: Sep-12-15 11:08 am
MOSCOW - Vladimir Putin has given Russian citizenship to former world heavyweight boxing champion Roy Jones Jr.