- DC Commission to WBC: Lucian Bute failed doping test Updated: May-27-16 6:23 pm
WASHINGTON - Lucian Bute failed a doping test after his super middleweight title bout against Badou Jack, the World Boxing Council said it was notified by the D. C. Boxing and Wrestling Commission.
- WBC champ Wilder can choose next opponent Updated: May-25-16 2:38 pm
Heavyweight champion Deontay Wilder can choose his next opponent in defending his World Boxing Council title.
- Column: McGregor vs Mayweather, a freak show with precedent Updated: May-24-16 5:13 pm
The freak show that Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Conor McGregor are talking about will almost surely never happen, and for that anyone who would even consider opening their wallet to pay for it should be grateful.
- Lebedev stops Ramirez to unify WBA, IBF cruiserweight belts Updated: May-21-16 6:16 pm
MOSCOW - Russia's Denis Lebedev stopped Argentina's Victor Emilio Ramirez in the second round to unify the WBA and IBF cruiserweight titles on Saturday.
- Dorticos beats Kalenga for WBA cruiserweight title Updated: May-20-16 6:16 pm
PARIS - Yunier Dorticos of Cuba used unrelenting uppercuts and impressive accuracy to stop Youri Kalenga in the 10th round and take the vacant WBA interim cruiserweight title in Paris on Friday.
- Boxer Jermain Taylor avoids prison time for 3 felony charges Updated: May-20-16 2:23 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Former middleweight champion Jermain Taylor has avoided prison time on several felony charges stemming from three separate incidents in Arkansas, including firing a gun at a Martin Luther King Jr. parade.
- Pacquiao's Senate victory brings him closer to presidency Updated: May-19-16 7:29 am
MANILA, Philippines - Boxing great Manny Pacquiao was proclaimed Thursday as a winner of a Philippine Senate seat, bringing him closer to a possible crack at the presidency.
- Alvarez vacates WBC title as fight with Golovkin nears Updated: May-18-16 8:58 pm
Canelo Alvarez insists he wants to make the biggest fight boxing has to offer.
- Thunder's Steven Adams apologizes for 'monkeys' comment Updated: May-17-16 5:37 pm
OAKLAND, California - Oklahoma City center Steven Adams understands that he has to live with the fallout of using a derogatory term to describe Golden State's guards.
- De Niro is back in the boxing ring, but the gloves are off Updated: May-17-16 5:17 pm
CANNES, France - The gloves have finally come off Robert De Niro.
- Wilder on Povetkin doping: Like coming to fight with a knife Updated: May-17-16 3:58 pm
Deontay Wilder was willing to risk his heavyweight title and unbeaten mark against a hometown hero in Moscow.
- Povetkin says he is clean after Wilder bout postponed Updated: May-16-16 6:57 am
MOSCOW - Russian heavyweight Alexander Povetkin denied taking meldonium Monday after a failed doping test caused his fight against WBC champion Deontay Wilder to be postponed.
- WBC postpones Wilder-Povetkin fight after failed drug test Updated: May-15-16 4:34 pm
MOSCOW - Heavyweight champion Deontay Wilder's title defense against Alexander Povetkin has been postponed by the WBC after the Russian challenger failed a drug test, and Wilder's promoter says it could be canceled altogether.
- Haskins beats Morales with confident title defense Updated: May-14-16 11:13 pm
CARDIFF, Wales - Britain's Lee Haskins successfully defended his IBF world bantamweight title with a unanimous points victory over Mexico's Ivan Morales on Saturday.
- Russian boxer Povetkin fails drug test ahead of Wilder fight Updated: May-13-16 2:32 pm
MOSCOW - Alexander Povetkin's promoter says the Russian boxer has failed a drug test ahead of his WBC heavyweight title fight with reigning champion Deontay Wilder.
- Lucas Browne stripped of WBA heavyweight title, suspended Updated: May-13-16 12:36 am
SYDNEY - The World Boxing Association has stripped Australian Lucas Browne of his heavyweight title and suspended him for six months after his B sample on a doping test also returned a positive finding.
- Boxing's next big fight could be a real knockout Updated: May-10-16 5:38 pm
LAS VEGAS - The good news for boxing fans is the fight they really want to see may actually happen before they grow too old to enjoy it.
- Canelo Alvarez stops Amir Khan in 6th round Updated: May-08-16 2:07 am
LAS VEGAS - Canelo Alvarez got on his knees to check on Amir Khan after knocking him unconscious with a big right hand in the sixth round of their title fight.
- Trump: I have too much integrity to cheat at golf Updated: May-05-16 5:44 pm
Donald Trump wants to make one thing perfectly clear - he doesn't cheat at golf.
- After role in 'Creed,' Bellew to fight for world title Updated: May-05-16 5:46 am
LIVERPOOL, England - The last time British boxer Tony Bellew fought for a world title, it was in a Hollywood movie.
- Oscar De La Hoya hits Trump where it hurts, says he cheats Updated: May-04-16 4:15 pm
LAS VEGAS - Of all the things Donald Trump has been called on the campaign trail, this one might sting the most: golf cheat.
- A year later, could Mayweather and Pacquiao do it again? Updated: May-02-16 5:56 pm
LAS VEGAS - They met a year ago this week in a fight that was the richest ever, even if it disappointed most of the millions who watched it.
- Jack retains WBC title with majority draw against Updated: May-01-16 1:35 am
WASHINGTON - Although Badou Jack didn't get the decisive victory he was looking for Saturday night, he's still planning on a unification bout with James DeGale next.
- Andre Berto stops Victor Ortiz in 4th round, avenging loss Updated: Apr-30-16 10:45 pm
CARSON, California - Andre Berto spent five years regretting his inability to land the punches that would have finished off Victor Ortiz during his first career defeat.
- Bellew to fight Makabu for vacant WBC cruiserweight title Updated: Apr-29-16 1:19 pm
LIVERPOOL, England - Tony Bellew will fight Ilunga Makabu for the vacant WBC cruiserweight title at Everton's Goodison Park stadium on May 29.