- Kluber gives up early lead, Indians beaten by Angels Updated: Aug-04-15 3:06 am
ANAHEIM, California - Staked to a three-run lead before he ever threw a pitch, Corey Kluber couldn't hold it.
- Gillaspie HR helps Angels beat Indians, end 6-game skid Updated: Aug-04-15 2:26 am
ANAHEIM, California - For the third time in four days, the Los Angeles Angels faced a Cy Young award winner. Unlike Zack Greinke and Clayton Kershaw in their series with the Dodgers, they found many of Corey Kluber's pitches quite hittable.
- Ramirez tries vault, tagged out in 9th; Chisox fall to Rays Updated: Aug-04-15 2:23 am
CHICAGO - Alexei Ramirez made a valiant effort, that's for sure.
- Hessman sets minor league HR record with No. 433 Updated: Aug-04-15 2:23 am
TOLEDO, Ohio - Call him the real-life Crash Davis.
- Coco Crisp returns from long DL stint as A's lose to Orioles Updated: Aug-04-15 2:05 am
OAKLAND, California - Coco Crisp has long been considered a catalyst for the Oakland Athletics.
- The Henry Ford to host historic baseball tournament Updated: Aug-04-15 1:58 am
DEARBORN, Michigan - The Henry Ford history attraction in suburban Detroit is hosting baseball games played by 1867 rules at Greenfield Village.
- Chris Davis, Caleb Joseph homer as Orioles beat A's 9-2 Updated: Aug-04-15 1:57 am
OAKLAND, California - Baltimore rookie Tyler Wilson is accustomed to bouncing between the big leagues and the minors by now.
- Mahtook single in 9th lifts Rays to 5-4 win over White Sox Updated: Aug-04-15 1:56 am
CHICAGO - If the Tampa Bay bench hadn't been so depleted, Mikie Mahtook might never have batted with two outs in the ninth inning
- Cubs, Pirates postponed after 2 long rain delays Updated: Aug-04-15 1:44 am
PITTSBURGH - A day after needing to leave early because of dizziness, Kris Bryant returned to the Chicago Cubs' lineup.
- Butler struggles, Mariners beat Rockies 8-7 Updated: Aug-04-15 1:28 am
DENVER - Eddie Butler has struggled in his short time with the Colorado Rockies.
- Cruz hits 30th homer, Mariners beat Rockies 8-7 Updated: Aug-04-15 1:22 am
DENVER - Once again, Felix Hernandez came back strong after a loss.
- Astros go through 2 starters in 12-9 loss at Rangers Updated: Aug-04-15 1:19 am
ARLINGTON, Texas - The Houston Astros were planning to send 21-year-old Lance McCullers back to the minors even before he got only one out in his latest start.
- Cubs, Pirates postponed after 2 long rain delays Updated: Aug-04-15 1:18 am
PITTSBURGH - A.J. Burnett didn't get good news Monday after having an MRI on his ailing elbow. Yet the Pittsburgh right-hander knew it could have been worse.
- Peralta struggles in second start since coming off DL Updated: Aug-04-15 1:08 am
MILWAUKEE - Wily Peralta's second start after spending more than two months on the disabled list with a strained oblique didn't go nearly as well as the first.
- Beltre's 3rd career cycle in Rangers' 12-9 win over Astros Updated: Aug-04-15 12:48 am
ARLINGTON, Texas - Adrian Beltre came to bat in the fifth inning looking for a pitch he could hit over the wall. He got one for an impressive modern-day record.
- Solarte's two homers lift Padres to 13-5 rout of Brewers Updated: Aug-04-15 12:47 am
MILWAUKEE - The San Diego Padres got production throughout their batting order, including two homers by Yangervis Solarte, to rout the Brewers.
- Giants blow leads in 9-8, 12-inning loss to Braves Updated: Aug-04-15 12:38 am
ATLANTA - Brandon Crawford felt confident that the San Francisco Giants were about to wrap up another victory and head to the hotel early.
- Koehler struggles again in Marlins' 12-1 loss to Mets Updated: Aug-04-15 12:35 am
MIAMI - Tom Koehler struggled again against the New York Mets.
- Braves keep rallying, Garcia HR in 12th beats Giants 9-8 Updated: Aug-04-15 12:14 am
ATLANTA - For a 30-year-old rookie prone to timely hits, Adonis Garcia is making his new teammates glad to have him aboard.
- Cespedes hits 3 doubles, Mets top Marlins, take NL East lead Updated: Aug-04-15 12:03 am
MIAMI - The New York Mets acquired Yoenis Cespedes last week, hoping he would be a big hit in the middle of their lineup.
- Beltre has 3rd career cycle for Rangers Updated: Aug-03-15 11:17 pm
ARLINGTON, Texas - Adrian Beltre had his third career cycle Monday night, becoming the first major league player since the 1930s to accomplish that feat.
- Godley's fine start continues, D'backs beat Nats 6-4 Updated: Aug-03-15 10:24 pm
- Bryant returns to Cubs' lineup Updated: Aug-03-15 10:20 pm
PITTSBURGH - Rookie third baseman Kris Bryant was back in the Chicago Cubs' lineup on Monday night against the Pittsburgh Pirates, a day after leaving a win at Milwaukee when he felt woozy following a headfirst slide into second base.
- Indians put 2B Kipnis on DL with shoulder inflammation Updated: Aug-03-15 10:12 pm
ANAHEIM, California - The Cleveland Indians have put All-Star second baseman Jason Kipnis on the 15-day disabled list because of chronic inflammation in his right shoulder.
- Rockies RHP Gray to make MLB debut Updated: Aug-03-15 9:50 pm
DENVER - The Colorado Rockies are about to introduce a top prospect a week after trading the face of the franchise.