- Ex-Red Sox player bidding to become next Vermont governor Updated: May-25-16 9:48 am
BURLINGTON, Vermont - A former Major League Baseball player is running for governor in Vermont as a member of the Liberty Union party, which bills itself as nonviolent and socialist.
- State to consider new lottery game to fund history museum Updated: May-25-16 3:12 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A new proposal calls for creating a new state lottery game and using the proceeds from the first six months to help develop a $15-million Rhode Island history center in Bristol.
- Madson, A's bullpen let one slip away to Mariners Updated: May-25-16 3:10 am
SEATTLE - Things fell apart in a hurry for Oakland's usually reliable bullpen Tuesday night.
- Martin homers in 9th, Mariners rally to beat A's 6-5 Updated: May-25-16 2:35 am
SEATTLE - Leonys Martin needed a few looks to figure out Ryan Madson's changeup, and then he solved the offspeed pitch in a big way.
- Padres finally score but still lose to Giants again, 8-2 Updated: May-25-16 2:35 am
SAN FRANCISCO - The Padres ended their latest long scoring drought on light-hitting Jon Jay's home run leading off the sixth inning.
- Dodgers rout Reds 8-2, send Cincy to 9th straight loss Updated: May-25-16 2:19 am
LOS ANGELES - Yasiel Puig's failure to run out a single in the sixth inning drew the ire of Dodgers manager Dave Roberts and got him pulled from the game.
- Crawford, Samardzija lead Giants past Padres again, 8-2 Updated: May-25-16 2:15 am
SAN FRANCISCO - Jeff Samardzija appreciates good defense as much as the next pitcher and he continues to marvel at some of the plays made behind him.
- Orioles foiled by defensive positioning in 3-2 loss Updated: May-25-16 1:55 am
HOUSTON - Baltimore's Adam Jones was playing shallow in center field when 5-foot-6 rookie Tony Kemp came to the plate with no outs in the 13th inning.
- Correa's RBI single in 13th lifts Astros over Orioles 3-2 Updated: May-25-16 1:51 am
HOUSTON - When the Baltimore Orioles walked the two batters ahead of Houston's Carlos Correa to load the bases in the 13th inning on Tuesday night, the star shortstop had only one thought.
- Angels squander great chance in 6th, lose to Rangers 4-1 Updated: May-25-16 1:43 am
ARLINGTON, Texas - Even after Kole Calhoun couldn't get a runner home from third with nobody out, the Los Angeles Angels still had Mike Trout and Albert Pujols coming up against Texas pitcher Martin Perez.
- LSU scores twice in 9th for 5-4 tourney win over Tennessee Updated: May-25-16 12:53 am
HOOVER, Alabama - Gregg Deichmann hit a tying homer in the bottom of the ninth and Kramer Robertson singled home the winning run to lift LSU to a 5-4 victory over Tennessee on Tuesday night in the Southeastern Conference tournament.
- Twins fall 7-4 to Royals, as 9th inning rally yields no runs Updated: May-25-16 12:48 am
MINNEAPOLIS - Bottom of the ninth. Bases loaded. No outs. Down by only three runs.
- Perez, surging Royals take down Twins 7-4 Updated: May-25-16 12:44 am
MINNEAPOLIS - The bases were loaded with no outs in the bottom of the ninth, and Wade Davis was staked to a three-run lead for the Kansas City Royals.
- Sale struggles as White Sox lose 6-2 to Indians Updated: May-25-16 12:28 am
CHICAGO - Chris Sale's assessment was brutally honest.
- Rangers youngsters Perez, Mazara key 4-1 win over Angels Updated: May-25-16 12:16 am
ARLINGTON, Texas - Martin Perez pumped his fist and shouted - and the Texas left-hander kept on hollering as he came off the mound when he escaped a sixth-inning jam against the Los Angeles Angels.
- Wacha rocked again, Cardinals routed 12-3 by Cubs Updated: May-25-16 12:12 am
ST. LOUIS - Michael Wacha was a 17-game winner last year and a breakout star as a rookie in 2013. But right now, the St. Louis Cardinals pitcher has trouble getting anybody out.
- Sluggers at top of order fizzle as Blue Jays lose to Yanks Updated: May-25-16 12:07 am
NEW YORK - Pushing their best hitters to the top of the batting order has not worked out yet for the Toronto Blue Jays.
- Tomlin wins again as Indians beat Sale, White Sox 6-2 Updated: May-25-16 12:03 am
CHICAGO - Cleveland manager Terry Francona raved about Josh Tomlin. The Indians roared when Mike Napoli's awkward slide into third base was shown on the TV in the visitors' clubhouse.
- Miller drops to 1-6 as Diamondbacks fall to Pirates 12-1 Updated: May-24-16 11:57 pm
PITTSBURGH - Shelby Miller knows his job is to keep the ball in the strike zone and the ballpark.
- The Latest: Barksdale wins Democratic Senate primary Updated: May-24-16 11:49 pm
ATLANTA - The Latest on Georgia's primary elections (all times local):
- Struggling Harvey goes silent after Mets' 7-4 loss to Nats Updated: May-24-16 11:48 pm
WASHINGTON - Matt Harvey's latest performance brought up many questions, most of which centered upon his future in the New York Mets' rotation.
- De La Rosa falters in Fenway debut, Red Sox beat Rockies 8-3 Updated: May-24-16 11:46 pm
BOSTON - There was a time when Colorado Rockies starter Jorge De La Rosa figured to be a regular on the mound at Fenway Park.
- Polanco drives in 5, Pirates crush Diamondbacks 12-1 Updated: May-24-16 11:45 pm
PITTSBURGH - Thrust into the third spot in the lineup behind superstar teammate Andrew McCutchen earlier this month, Gregory Polanco knew it might take a while to get settled.
- Hammel stars on mound, plate in Cubs' rout of Cardinals Updated: May-24-16 11:39 pm
ST. LOUIS - Jason Hammel had a lot to do with the early six-run cushion.
- City Council approves stadium deal with Texas Rangers Updated: May-24-16 11:36 pm
ARLINGTON, Texas - The Arlington City Council has approved a master agreement setting forth the public-private setup to build a retractable-roof ballpark for the Texas Rangers.