- Reds outfield prospect Duran suspended for positive test Updated: Feb-05-16 5:37 pm
NEW YORK - Cincinnati Reds outfield prospect Juan Duran has been suspended for the first 80 games of the season under Major League Baseball's drug program following a positive test for three performance-enhancing substances.
- Hoover beats Reds in arbitration, improving players to 2-0 Updated: Feb-05-16 4:07 pm
PHOENIX - Reliever J.J. Hoover has won his salary arbitration case against the Cincinnati Reds, improving players to 2-0 against teams this year.
- Kozma, Pestano, Swarzak sign minor league deals with Yanks Updated: Feb-05-16 2:57 pm
NEW YORK - While the New York Yankees have not signed any free agents to major league contracts, they announced 15 minor league deals Friday.
- Penn State awaiting improvement options for Beaver Stadium Updated: Feb-05-16 2:04 pm
STATE COLLEGE, Pennsylvania - A team of architects and engineers have spent the last two months at Penn State helping formulate a plan that will include a renovation or rebuild of Beaver Stadium.
- David Aardsma agrees to minor league contract with Blue Jays Updated: Feb-05-16 11:42 am
Pitcher David Aardsma has agreed to a minor league contract with the Toronto Blue Jays and will report to big league spring training.
- Venezuela beats Cuba 3-1, reaches Caribbean Series semis Updated: Feb-05-16 9:59 am
SANTO DOMINGO, Dominican Republic - Alex Romero, Jose Martinez and Sandy Leon drove in runs to lead Venezuela's Aragua Tigers over Cuba's Ciego de Avila 3-1 Thursday and advance to the Caribbean Series semifinals.
- Fernando Rodney and Padres finalize $2 million, 1-year deal Updated: Feb-04-16 9:09 pm
SAN DIEGO - Reliever Fernando Rodney and the San Diego Padres completed their $2 million, one-year contract on Thursday.
- Orioles, LHP Matusz agree to $3.9 million, 1-year contract Updated: Feb-04-16 8:00 pm
BALTIMORE - The Orioles have reached agreement with left-hander Brian Matusz on a $3.9 million, one-year contract, avoiding arbitration.
- Bash Brother to Cash Brother: Canseco hits Japan bank plan Updated: Feb-04-16 7:38 pm
A Japanese economic plan has prompted Jose Canseco to jump into a whole new field - financial advice.
- Kendrick and Dodgers finalize $20 million, 2-year contract Updated: Feb-04-16 7:22 pm
LOS ANGELES - The Dodgers finalized their $20 million, two-year contract with free-agent Howie Kendrick on Thursday, bringing back the second baseman in part because of his willingness to play multiple positions.
- Marlins sign infielder Don Kelly to minor league deal Updated: Feb-04-16 6:52 pm
MIAMI - Infielder Don Kelly has signed a minor league contract with the Miami Marlins, with an invitation to major league spring training.
- 2 minor league pitchers draw 50-game drug suspensions Updated: Feb-04-16 5:08 pm
NEW YORK - Two minor league pitchers have been suspended 50 games each because of drug violations.
- Orioles get RHP Despaigne from Padres for minor leaguer Updated: Feb-04-16 3:17 pm
- Oklahoma State picked 2nd, Oklahoma 4th in Big 12 baseball Updated: Feb-04-16 1:22 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - Oklahoma State is picked to finish second in the Big 12 baseball race and Oklahoma is picked fourth in a preseason poll of conference coaches.
- Troubled bar near Fenway Park closing for good Updated: Feb-04-16 7:22 am
BOSTON - A popular bar near Fenway Park that's been the site of several violent incidents, including a fatal shooting in November, is shutting down for good.
- Former MLB outfielder Gomes signs with Rakuten Eagles Updated: Feb-04-16 2:52 am
TOKYO - Free-agent outfielder Jonny Gomes has agreed to a one-year deal with the Rakuten Eagles of Japan's Pacific League.
- NFL and law enforcement: No credible threat to Super Bowl 50 Updated: Feb-03-16 8:51 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - NFL security leaders and top law enforcement officials say there is "no credible threat" to Super Bowl 50.
- Cespedes says staying with Mets always was his preference Updated: Feb-03-16 8:39 pm
NEW YORK - Yoenis Cespedes says he chose happiness over more dollars.
- Smyly and Rays argue 1st MLB salary arbitration case of year Updated: Feb-03-16 8:17 pm
PHOENIX - Drew Smyly and the Tampa Bay Rays have argued baseball's first salary arbitration case this year.
- Mets willing to consider long-term deals for young pitchers Updated: Feb-03-16 7:59 pm
NEW YORK - Now that most of this offseason's business is complete, the New York Mets may turn their attention to long-term deals for the hard-throwing young starting pitchers who helped the team reach the World Series last year for the first time since 2000.
- Familia and Mets agree to $4.1 million, 1-year contract Updated: Feb-03-16 7:31 pm
NEW YORK - The Mets settled their last salary arbitration case, agreeing to a $4.1 million, one-year contract with closer Jeurys Familia.
- Blue Jays will have dirt infield in time for coming season Updated: Feb-03-16 7:03 pm
TORONTO - The Blue Jays are installing a dirt infield at the Rogers Centre for the first time but say it is too early to determine whether they would replace artificial turf with grass in some future season.
- Expected rebuild will still test patience of Brewers owner Updated: Feb-03-16 6:39 pm
MILWAUKEE - Brewers owner Mark Attanasio talks to his general manager like a fan whenever his rebuilding club makes another move.
- Muschamp pleased with 1st recruiting class at South Carolina Updated: Feb-03-16 6:34 pm
South Carolina coach Will Muschamp said he had a high winning percentage in recruiting this year. He hopes that translates to success on the football field.
- Seattle signs Korean slugger Dae-Ho Lee to minor league deal Updated: Feb-03-16 2:46 pm
SEATTLE - The Seattle Mariners have signed Korean slugger Dae-Ho Lee and catcher Steve Lerud to minor league contracts two weeks before the start of spring training.