- Column: NASCAR blew it on Indy rules package Updated: Jul-27-15 6:05 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Run, NASCAR, don't walk, back to the drawing board to figure out how to liven up racing. The rules package used for the Brickyard 400 was a failure no matter how the race is dissected.
- Busch stays cool under pressure to get elusive Indy victory Updated: Jul-27-15 2:21 am
INDIANAPOLIS - NASCAR's hottest driver kept his cool on Sunday.
- Gordon's final race at Brickyard a disaster after wreck Updated: Jul-26-15 9:12 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Jeff Gordon slid into the No. 24 for the final time at Indy with a car more fit for a junkyard than the Brickyard.
- Steve Torrence wins at Mopar Mile-High NHRA Nationals Updated: Jul-26-15 8:31 pm
MORRISON, Colorado - Steve Torrence raced to his first Top Fuel victory in more than two years Sunday, beating Tony Schumacher in the Mopar Mile-High NHRA Nationals at Bandimere Speedway.
- Misery for Mercedes with Hamilton 6th and Rosberg 8th Updated: Jul-26-15 2:11 pm
BUDAPEST, Hungary - The crushing dominance of the Mercedes Silver Arrows came to an abrupt halt at the Hungarian Grand Prix on Sunday, the first time since the final race of the 2013 season without either Lewis Hamilton or Nico Rosberg on the podium.
- Vettel has Bianchi on his mind after matching Senna's mark Updated: Jul-26-15 1:11 pm
BUDAPEST, Hungary - On the day he equaled Brazilian great Ayrton Senna's feat of 41 race wins with a brilliant drive at Sunday's Hungarian Grand Prix, Sebastian Vettel's thoughts went to Jules Bianchi and his family.
- Minute's silence held for Bianchi at Hungarian GP Updated: Jul-26-15 11:54 am
BUDAPEST, Hungary - A poignant minute's silence was held in honor of Jules Bianchi before the start of the Formula One Hungarian Grand Prix on Sunday, with drivers forming a ring and placing their race helmets on the ground.
- Kimber-Smith and Guasch win Northeast Grand Prix Updated: Jul-25-15 8:54 pm
LAKEVILLE, Connecticut - Tom Kimber-Smith and Mike Guasch won the Northeast Grand Prix on Saturday at Lime Rock Park for their third IMSA TUDOR United SportsCar Championship victory of the season.
- Busch uses late pass to capture Indy's Xfinity race Updated: Jul-25-15 7:21 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Kyle Busch spent the last 10 laps desperately chasing Ryan Blaney.
- Kyle Busch tries to cap comeback with elusive Indy victory Updated: Jul-25-15 6:05 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Kyle Busch has the kind of trophy collection most NASCAR drivers would envy: monsters, lobsters, even wine.
- Dover seeks to attract more young professionals to city Updated: Jul-25-15 9:06 am
DOVER, Delaware - Diane Doyle has a youthful air about her. Whether it is selling lemonade outside of NASCAR races or driving nine miles to get to the post office during Firefly, the 78-year-old is always looking for the positive and fun side of things.
- Travis Braden wins in ARCA Racing Series debut Updated: Jul-25-15 1:30 am
BROWNSBURG, Indiana - Travis Braden won the ARCA Racing Series on Friday night at Lucas Oil Raceway in his series debut, pulling away from fellow newcomer William Byron.
- Stephen Simpson Takes first IMSA TUDOR pole Updated: Jul-25-15 12:18 am
LAKEVILLE, Connecticut - South Africa's Stephen Simpson raced to his first IMSA TUDOR United SportsCar Championship pole Friday, topping qualifying for Saturday's Northeast Grand Prix Lime Rock Park.
- Without new deal, Johnson committed to winning for Hendrick Updated: Jul-24-15 5:27 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Jimmie Johnson wants to kneel down and kiss the Indy bricks for a fifth time.
- Sergio Perez relieved after walking away unhurt from crash Updated: Jul-24-15 12:15 pm
BUDAPEST, Hungary - Formula One driver Sergio Perez was relieved to walk away unscathed from a crash at the Hungaroring circuit that left him upside down in his car after it hit a barrier.
- Race is on to make the best electric car in the valley Updated: Jul-24-15 6:17 am
LAS VEGAS - Long before Tesla announced plans to build a $5 billion electric battery factory near Reno, a local group for years had been tracking the quiet rev of the electric car industry in and around the valley.
- Penske hoping for elusive Cup win at Brickyard Updated: Jul-23-15 8:47 pm
DETROIT - For Roger Penske, this weekend offers something of a rarity - a chance to accomplish something he's never done before.
- Gordon honored at boyhood home before final Brickyard 400 Updated: Jul-23-15 5:57 pm
PITTSBORO, Indiana - Jeff Gordon felt right at home Thursday back in small-town Indiana.
- NASCAR, Indy honoring Marine vet Jeff Kyle at Brickyard Updated: Jul-23-15 4:41 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Jeff Kyle raced up to 150 mph during a recent charity drive at Texas Motor Speedway, a welcome relief for the former Marine.
- Defiant Rosberg looking to put heat on Hamilton in Hungary Updated: Jul-23-15 2:08 pm
BUDAPEST, Hungary - Lewis Hamilton's highly impressive record at the Hungarian Grand Prix gives Nico Rosberg extra motivation as he tries to close the gap on his Mercedes teammate in the Formula One title race.
- Sauber confirms Ericsson and Nasr as next year's drivers Updated: Jul-23-15 1:33 pm
BUDAPEST, Hungary - Swedish driver Marcus Ericsson and Brazilian Felipe Nasr can build on a promising first season together with both drivers handed new contracts with Sauber for next year.
- Christopher Bell wins Mud Summer Classic at Eldora Updated: Jul-22-15 11:54 pm
ROSSBURG, Ohio - Christopher Bell won the Mud Summer Classic on Wednesday night at Eldora Speedway in his third career start in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series.
- IndyCar's Karam defends himself after Carpenter criticism Updated: Jul-22-15 6:01 pm
NEWTON, Iowa - Despite getting dressed down by Ed Carpenter after some close racing in Iowa, rookie Sage Karam offered the IndyCar veteran an empty seat next to him on the plane ride home.
- Race Team Alliance considered a success after 1st year Updated: Jul-22-15 5:18 pm
Race Team Alliance chairman Rob Kauffman tried to spin the ownership group's biggest contributions to NASCAR in the last year as "things fans don't care about."
- IndyCar creates conduct code to limit competitor criticism Updated: Jul-21-15 10:15 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - IndyCar has followed through on a promise to curtail criticism of the series with the creation of a new conduct code.