- NASCAR opens 2016 season without 2 of its biggest stars Updated: Feb-11-16 6:18 pm
DAYTONA BEACH, Florida - Jeff Gordon will be in the booth and Tony Stewart in a bed when the NASCAR season begins.
- Former NASCAR racer Lennie Pond dies at 75 Updated: Feb-11-16 6:12 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Lennie Pond, who raced for 17 years in NASCAR's premier series, has died. He was 75.
- NASCAR creates 'overtime line' in new rules finish Updated: Feb-11-16 5:48 pm
DAYTONA BEACH, Florida - Looking to end the frustration and confusion that comes when caution flags come out late in its races, NASCAR announced Thursday that it is shifting to an unlimited green-white-checkered finish protocol and establishing an "overtime line" to determine the winner.
- Vickers to replace Tony Stewart at Daytona Updated: Feb-10-16 10:22 pm
DAYTONA BEACH, Florida - Brian Vickers is expected to replace injured driver Tony Stewart for the NASCAR season opener at Daytona International Speedway, a person familiar with the decision told The Associated Press.
- Manor F1 gives 1st seat to German driver Pascal Wehrlein Updated: Feb-10-16 6:58 am
BANBURY, England - Manor Racing has selected German driver Pascal Wehrlein for the Formula One season, which starts next month at the Australian Grand Prix.
- NASCAR allows franchise system to give team owners value Updated: Feb-09-16 4:28 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - NASCAR announced a dramatic overhaul of its business model Tuesday, shifting to a franchise-like system that is intended to provide actual value and financial stability to team owners after decades of heavy reliance on sponsors.
- Coroner rules out driver, trainer error in Edwards death Updated: Feb-05-16 12:13 am
BRISBANE, Australia - A coronial inquest into the death of British racing driver Sean Edwards at an Australian speedway in 2013 has found that mechanical failure caused the accident.
- Injured Tony Stewart to miss start of final NASCAR season Updated: Feb-04-16 3:13 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Tony Stewart will miss the start of his final NASCAR season after fracturing his back in an accident on an all-terrain vehicle, Stewart-Haas Racing said Thursday.
- Montezemolo expresses sadness over Schumacher's health Updated: Feb-04-16 3:09 pm
MILAN - Former Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo expressed his sadness on Thursday at the condition of Michael Schumacher, two years after the former Formula One champion was seriously injured in a skiing accident.
- Kevin Magnussen replaces Pastor Maldonado in Renault F1 team Updated: Feb-03-16 1:00 pm
GUYANCOURT, France - Former McLaren driver Kevin Magnussen is Renault's new driver this year in the French carmaker's return to Formula One as a racing team.
- IndyCar puts safety at top of priority list entering 2016 Updated: Feb-02-16 6:31 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - IndyCar officials are trying to make racing safer and more appealing in 2016.
- NASCAR's Tony Stewart hospitalized with back injury Updated: Feb-02-16 2:33 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Three-time NASCAR champion Tony Stewart was hospitalized Tuesday with a back injury and Stewart-Haas Racing said the team was unsure of the extent of his injuries just a week before he is expected in Daytona to prepare for his final season in Sprint Cup.
- Honda agrees to new deal with IndyCar as engine supplier Updated: Feb-02-16 2:24 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - A rough 2015 season couldn't chase Honda out of IndyCar racing.
- Work moves ahead on Pontiac race track, car condominiums Updated: Feb-01-16 8:13 pm
PONTIAC, Michigan - The site of a former General Motors factory in Pontiac is being transformed into a private playground for car enthusiasts with a race track and car condominiums.
- World of Outlaws signs Sears and Craftsman as title sponsor Updated: Feb-01-16 1:19 pm
HOFFMAN ESTATES, Illinois - The World of Outlaws received a major boost Monday when Sears and Craftsman announced a three-year deal to become title sponsor of the dirt track racing series.
- Maldonado says he won't drive in F1 this season Updated: Feb-01-16 11:55 am
PARIS - Pastor Maldonado announced that he won't be driving in the Formula One world championships this season.
- Ganassi signs former F1 driver Max Chilton for 2016 season Updated: Feb-01-16 10:58 am
INDIANAPOLIS - Former Formula One driver Max Chilton will drive the full IndyCar Series season for Chip Ganassi Racing.
- Wayne Taylor Racing gets another oh-so-close finish in Rolex Updated: Feb-01-16 8:08 am
DAYTONA BEACH, Florida - Wayne Taylor Racing's Corvette ended the Rolex 24 at Daytona in better shape than three of its drivers.
- Rolex 24 driver takes odd detour through Daytona infield Updated: Feb-01-16 8:08 am
DAYTONA BEACH, Florida - Patrick Lindsey took the strangest and most entertaining Sunday drive ever.
- Attrition knocks favorites from contention at Rolex 24 Updated: Feb-01-16 8:08 am
DAYTONA BEACH, Florida - Another favorite was knocked out of contention at the Rolex 24 at Daytona when 2014 winner Action Express Racing broke an axel with just under four hours remaining in the endurance race.
- Foyt feels healthy, plans to attend every IndyCar race Updated: Jan-30-16 2:29 am
DAYTONA BEACH, Florida - Four-time Indianapolis 500 winner A.J. Foyt hopes to attend every IndyCar Series race this season.
- Barrichello added to Wayne Taylor Racing lineup at Daytona Updated: Jan-30-16 2:29 am
DAYTONA BEACH, Florida - Wayne Taylor Racing added Rubens Barrichello to its lineup for the Rolex 24 at Daytona because star driver Jordan Taylor has not been feeling well.
- Heavy rain causes odd qualifying for Rolex 24 at Daytona Updated: Jan-29-16 12:14 am
DAYTONA BEACH, Florida - Heavy rain has made for a strange qualifying session for the Rolex 24 at Daytona.
- Ed Carpenter to take sole ownership of IndyCar team Updated: Jan-29-16 12:14 am
INDIANAPOLIS - Ed Carpenter will retake sole ownership of his IndyCar team this season.
- Williams feels like 'little girl' in F1, wants to be braver Updated: Jan-28-16 8:17 am
LONDON - Claire Williams still feels like a "little girl" during talks with the male-dominated titans of Formula One and she has set herself a mission for the new season: Be braver and fight more for her team.