- State fund grows as horse industry continues to languish Updated: Aug-03-15 3:50 pm
PLAINVILLE, Massachusetts - Massachusetts' horse racing industry is flush with casino cash. The only problem? There isn't much of a local industry to speak of.
- Whaley: Bills have exchanged contract proposals with Dareus Updated: Aug-03-15 3:20 pm
PITTSFORD, New York - The Bills have exchanged contract proposals with defensive tackle Marcell Dareus, though no deal is imminent.
- Brandon Boykin eager for fresh start with Steelers Updated: Aug-02-15 8:48 pm
- Seattle continues to keep core together locking up Wagner Updated: Aug-02-15 5:28 pm
RENTON, Washington - Bobby Wagner was patient to a point.
- Seattle releases DT Tony McDaniel in salary cap move Updated: Aug-02-15 1:41 pm
RENTON, Washington - The Seattle Seahawks have released veteran defensive tackle Tony McDaniel to save salary cap space after signing quarterback Russell Wilson and linebacker Bobby Wagner to contract extensions.
- Jets promote Davidson to director of football administration Updated: Aug-01-15 3:41 pm
FLORHAM PARK, New Jersey - The New York Jets have promoted long-time executive Jacqueline Davidson to director of football administration, making her one of the highest-ranking women in an NFL front office.
- Column: Baseball plays parity game as well as any sport Updated: Aug-01-15 12:20 am
The Houston Astros are loading up for a pennant race.
- Capitals' Marcus Johansson gets $3.75M, 1-year contract Updated: Jul-31-15 10:11 pm
ARLINGTON, Virginia - Forward Marcus Johansson has re-signed with the Washington Capitals, getting a $3.75 million, one-year contract based on an arbitrator's decision Friday.
- Skins add LB Galette to pass rush, despite off-field issues Updated: Jul-31-15 7:36 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Whatever Junior Galette has been accused of away from football, and whatever punishment might come from an NFL investigation, Washington Redskins coach Jay Gruden wanted to sign the outside linebacker to help the team's pass rush.
- Dodgers bolster pitching in huge deal with Braves, Marlins Updated: Jul-31-15 12:46 pm
- Astros, Blue Jays add pieces in trades to make playoff push Updated: Jul-31-15 12:10 pm
- Commissioner: NBA relationship with players 'best' in sports Updated: Jul-30-15 12:40 pm
JOHANNESBURG - With a multi-billion dollar new broadcast rights deal set to kick in from the 2016-17 season, NBA Commissioner Adam Silver says "it's a very good time" for the league right now and, he stressed on Thursday, the players, too.
- Gettleman looks to make it 3 straight playoffs Panthers Updated: Jul-29-15 5:56 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - There were some questions when Panthers owner Jerry Richardson hired Dave Gettleman as the team's new general manager in 2013.
- Buffalo Bills release veteran guard Chris Williams Updated: Jul-28-15 9:13 pm
ORCHARD PARK, New York - The Buffalo Bills have released offensive guard Chris Williams a day before players begin reporting for the start of training camp.
- Mets acquire reliever Tyler Clippard from Athletics Updated: Jul-27-15 10:38 pm
NEW YORK - The active New York Mets acquired first-rate reliever Tyler Clippard from Oakland for a minor league pitcher Monday, completing their second trade in four days and sending another signal they're serious about contending this year.
- Cavs trade Haywood, Miller to Blazers Updated: Jul-27-15 6:55 pm
- Cavaliers sign guard Matthew Dellavedova to 1-year contract Updated: Jul-27-15 3:27 pm
CLEVELAND - Matthew Dellavedova has hustled his way back to the Cavaliers.
- Heat trade Napier and Zoran Dragic, waive Walker Updated: Jul-27-15 3:04 pm
- Rangers sign Stepan to long-term deal, avoid arbitration Updated: Jul-27-15 12:37 pm
NEW YORK - The New York Rangers and center Derek Stepan avoided salary arbitration, agreeing on a six-year contract.
- Royals get Cueto in trade with Reds Updated: Jul-26-15 9:11 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The Kansas City Royals acquired Johnny Cueto in a trade with Cincinnati on Sunday, sending three prospects to the Reds for a legitimate ace for the front of their beleaguered rotation.
- Colts release Gosder Cherilus; tackle slowed by injuries Updated: Jul-26-15 2:23 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - The Indianapolis Colts wanted Gosder Cherilus back to help anchor their offensive line this season. They just weren't willing to take a big gamble on a 31-year-old right tackle coming off knee surgery.
- Senators' Alex Chiasson awarded 1-year contract Updated: Jul-26-15 11:44 am
OTTAWA, Ontario - Alex Chiasson of the Ottawa Senators has been awarded a $1.2 million, one-year deal in arbitration on Sunday.
- Capitals' Braden Holtby signs $30.5 million, 5-year deal Updated: Jul-24-15 7:47 pm
ARLINGTON, Virginia - Braden Holtby signed a $30.5-million, five-year contract with the Washington Capitals on Friday, a day before an arbitrator was expected to rule on an amount for a one-year deal for the goaltender.
- Electronic Sports League to begin random drug tests Updated: Jul-23-15 8:35 pm
LOS ANGELES - Drug testing is coming to e-sports.
- Number of players leaving Brazil highest since 2011 Updated: Jul-21-15 11:03 pm
SAO PAULO - The Brazilian football confederation says 355 players left the country in the first six months of the year, the most since 2011.