- Flames sign defenseman Dougie Hamilton to 6-year contract Updated: Jun-30-15 8:27 pm
CALGARY, Alberta - Bruins general manager Don Sweeney didn't think Dougie Hamilton would have been "comfortable" signing long term in Boston.
- Blackhawks trade Saad to Blue Jackets Updated: Jun-30-15 7:41 pm
CHICAGO - The Chicago Blackhawks said all along that Brandon Saad would be back next season.
- LA Kings terminate Mike Richards' contract for "breach" Updated: Jun-29-15 8:28 pm
EL SEGUNDO, California - The Los Angeles Kings terminated Mike Richards' contract Monday, claiming the underachieving forward committed a "material breach" of its terms.
- AP Source: LeBron James bypasses option, becomes free agent Updated: Jun-28-15 6:30 pm
For the third time in six seasons, LeBron James is an unrestricted free agent.
- Ducks get Hagelin, Khudobin; ship out Etem, Palmieri, Wiz Updated: Jun-27-15 5:11 pm
The Anaheim Ducks' busy draft weekend demonstrated they're still determined to improve a team that finished a game short of the Stanley Cup Final last month.
- Idaho new laws include official state amphibian Updated: Jun-27-15 1:55 pm
BOISE, Idaho - Summer in Idaho brings not only plenty of outdoor cookouts and floats down the river, but also state laws ready to go into effect.
- Romanian soccer official charged with corruption, forgery Updated: Jun-27-15 12:45 pm
BUCHAREST, Romania - Anti-corruption prosecutors have charged Romania's top football official with abusing his position and forging documents seven years ago when he was chairman of a local club.
- Bruins deal veterans Lucic, Hamilton on draft day Updated: Jun-26-15 8:04 pm
BOSTON - The Boston Bruins' makeover that began in the front office has reached the front line on offense and the top pairing on defense.
- Chicago Bulls take Arkansas' Bobby Portis with 22nd pick Updated: Jun-26-15 12:39 am
CHICAGO - The Chicago Bulls figured Arkansas power forward Bobby Portis would be gone by the time they picked. Once their turn came, the decision was easy.
- Pacers go big, take Myles Turner 11th in the NBA draft Updated: Jun-26-15 12:33 am
INDIANAPOLIS - The Indiana Pacers granted Myles Turner's wish to play in the basketball-crazed Hoosier state.
- Astros agree to $5.9 million signing bonus with SS Bregman Updated: Jun-25-15 9:16 pm
HOUSTON - Alex Bregman has only had a week off since wrapping up his career at LSU when the Tigers were eliminated from the College World Series.
- AP source: Kevin Love opts out of contract with Cavs Updated: Jun-24-15 5:18 pm
CLEVELAND - Kevin Love is about to find out how much the league values him, and how much the Cavaliers want him.
- NHL salary cap to increase to $71.4 million for next season Updated: Jun-23-15 4:38 pm
LAS VEGAS - The NHL's salary cap for the upcoming 2015-16 season will increase to $71.4 million, allaying some concerns about a weak Canadian dollar's impact on the hockey pay scale.
- Indians agree to give Brady Aiken $2.5 million signing bonus Updated: Jun-22-15 6:04 pm
CLEVELAND - Brady Aiken will receive a signing bonus of just over $2.5 million from the Cleveland Indians.
- Bo Jackson to host home run derby for fantasy players Updated: Jun-18-15 8:33 am
LAS VEGAS - Bo Jackson is heading back to the baseball diamond to teach some armchair managers how to swing for the fences.
- Falcons' Jones focused on new offense, not contract talks Updated: Jun-17-15 6:36 pm
FLOWERY BRANCH, Georgia - Julio Jones is learning there are more ways to go about his job in the Atlanta Falcons' new offense.
- Jaguars sign A.J. Cann, getting rookie class under contract Updated: Jun-17-15 1:28 pm
JACKSONVILLE, Florida - The Jacksonville Jaguars have their entire rookie class under contract.
- Rangers sign 1st-round draft pick Dillon Tate for $4.2M Updated: Jun-12-15 8:47 pm
ARLINGTON, Texas - The Texas Rangers have signed first-round pick Dillon Tate, a right-hander from UC-Santa Barbara who was the fourth overall pick in this week's amateur baseball draft.
- MLS MVP Robbie Keane extends his contract with LA Galaxy Updated: Jun-10-15 5:58 pm
CARSON, California - Irish forward Robbie Keane extended his contract with the LA Galaxy on Wednesday, agreeing to stay with the MLS club into the final years of his playing career.
- In Trinidad, former FIFA executive seen as 'our Robin Hood' Updated: Jun-04-15 8:16 pm
PORT-OF-SPAIN, Trinidad - In one moment, Jack Warner is on TV telling his countrymen he fears for his life. An hour later, he's standing on a packed narrow street at a political rally, boasting that he fears nothing.
- Draft restraints mean $100M less for amateurs over 3 years Updated: Jun-04-15 2:17 pm
NEW YORK - Baltimore Orioles pitcher Kevin Gausman sees eight-figure signing bonuses for some Cuban players and thinks he might have been shortchanged when he signed for $4.32 million after the 2012 draft.
- A-Rod cousin gets 7 months in prison in steroids case Updated: Jun-04-15 11:36 am
MIAMI - A cousin of New York Yankees slugger Alex Rodriguez who was the star's longtime personal assistant was sentenced Thursday to seven months in prison after pleading guilty to federal drug charges stemming from baseball's South Florida steroids scandal.
- Knee injuries to 2 prized picks have NFL teams concerned Updated: Jun-03-15 2:30 pm
DENVER - NFL teams are reviewing the way they handle rookie minicamps after season-ending knee injuries to two prized picks less than a week after all the hugs and handshakes of draft night.
- Goodell makes it official: He will hear Brady's appeal Updated: Jun-02-15 5:09 pm
NEW YORK - NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell made it official Tuesday: He will hear Tom Brady's appeal of his four-game suspension.