- Jesse Chavez beats Blue Jays in arbitration, awarded $4M Updated: Feb-06-16 1:40 pm
PHOENIX - Pitcher Jesse Chavez defeated the Toronto Blue Jays in salary arbitration, improving players to 3-0 this year in cases that went to hearings.
- Arrieta, Cubs agree at $10.7M, AP source says Updated: Feb-06-16 12:42 am
CHICAGO - Jake Arrieta and the Chicago Cubs found a number that worked in the canyon between their arbitration proposals.
- Orioles LHP Britton accepts 1-year deal, avoids arbitration Updated: Feb-05-16 7:39 pm
BALTIMORE - Orioles closer Zach Britton has agreed to terms on a $6.75 million contract for 2016, avoiding arbitration.
- Hoover beats Reds in arbitration, improving players to 2-0 Updated: Feb-05-16 4:07 pm
PHOENIX - Reliever J.J. Hoover has won his salary arbitration case against the Cincinnati Reds, improving players to 2-0 against teams this year.
- Union: Raiders, Jaguars far under spending minimum Updated: Feb-04-16 9:28 pm
- After disclosing player information, USSF moves to seal suit Updated: Feb-04-16 9:01 pm
The U.S. Soccer Federation's original lawsuit against the union for its champion women's national team has been sealed after the governing body realized it had disclosed the home addresses and email accounts of many players.
- Orioles, LHP Matusz agree to $3.9 million, 1-year contract Updated: Feb-04-16 8:00 pm
BALTIMORE - The Orioles have reached agreement with left-hander Brian Matusz on a $3.9 million, one-year contract, avoiding arbitration.
- Kendrick and Dodgers finalize $20 million, 2-year contract Updated: Feb-04-16 7:22 pm
LOS ANGELES - The Dodgers finalized their $20 million, two-year contract with free-agent Howie Kendrick on Thursday, bringing back the second baseman in part because of his willingness to play multiple positions.
- Brazilian company tells Neymar to come clean over transfer Updated: Feb-04-16 10:09 am
MADRID - The Brazilian company that says it hasn't been properly compensated for Neymar's transfer to Barcelona wants him to come clean and put an end to his judicial problems in Spain and Brazil.
- Cespedes says staying with Mets always was his preference Updated: Feb-03-16 8:39 pm
NEW YORK - Yoenis Cespedes says he chose happiness over more dollars.
- Smyly and Rays argue 1st MLB salary arbitration case of year Updated: Feb-03-16 8:17 pm
PHOENIX - Drew Smyly and the Tampa Bay Rays have argued baseball's first salary arbitration case this year.
- Mets willing to consider long-term deals for young pitchers Updated: Feb-03-16 7:59 pm
NEW YORK - Now that most of this offseason's business is complete, the New York Mets may turn their attention to long-term deals for the hard-throwing young starting pitchers who helped the team reach the World Series last year for the first time since 2000.
- Lawmakers seek compensation for deceased FSU player's family Updated: Feb-02-16 5:11 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Two Florida legislators and a group of NFL players say this is the year the Legislature should finally compensate the family of Florida State University freshman football player Devaughn Darling, who died after overexertion during a workout in 2001.
- Carlos Quentin to try comeback with Twins Updated: Feb-02-16 2:36 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Outfielder Carlos Quentin and the Minnesota Twins have agreed to a minor league contract, giving the 33-year-old a chance to revive his career.
- Reliever George Kontos, Giants agree to $1.15M, 1-year deal Updated: Feb-01-16 6:53 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Reliever George Kontos and the San Francisco Giants have agreed to a $1.15 million, one-year contract, avoiding salary arbitration.
- Ivan Nova and Yankees agree to $4.1 million, 1-year contract Updated: Jan-28-16 3:11 pm
NEW YORK - Pitcher Ivan Nova and the New York Yankees have agreed to a $4.1 million, one-year contract and avoided salary arbitration.
- Jets to pay $324K to settle cheerleaders' wage lawsuit Updated: Jan-27-16 5:52 pm
HACKENSACK, New Jersey - The New York Jets have agreed to pay nearly $324,000 to settle a class-action lawsuit filed by cheerleaders who claimed that they were cheated out of wages and forced to cover work-related expenses.
- Angels, Calhoun avoid arbitration with $3.4 million deal Updated: Jan-27-16 1:23 pm
ANAHEIM, California - Gold Glove right fielder Kole Calhoun has avoided an arbitration hearing with the Los Angeles Angels, agreeing to a $3.4 million, one-year contract.
- Zenit St. Petersburg signs Russia wing-back Zhirkov Updated: Jan-26-16 7:27 am
MOSCOW - Zenit St. Petersburg says it has signed Russia wing-back Yuri Zhirkov, with the ex-Chelsea player set to join in the summer.
- Duda, Mejia agree with Mets and avoid arbitration Updated: Jan-25-16 8:00 pm
NEW YORK - First baseman Lucas Duda and suspended reliever Jenrry Mejia have agreed to one-year contracts with the New York Mets and avoided salary arbitration.
- Angels, Garrett Richards avoid arbitration at $6,425,000 Updated: Jan-25-16 7:32 pm
ANAHEIM, California - The Los Angeles Angels have avoided arbitration with right-hander Garrett Richards, agreeing to a one-year deal worth $6,425,000.
- Charlie Blackmon and Rockies agree to $3.5 million deal Updated: Jan-25-16 6:14 pm
DENVER - Outfielder Charlie Blackmon and the Colorado Rockies avoided arbitration when they agreed to a $3.5 million, one-year contract.
- Closer Shawn Tolleson and Rangers agree at $3,275,000 Updated: Jan-25-16 4:37 pm
ARLINGTON, Texas - Closer Shawn Tolleson and the Texas Rangers have agreed to a one-year contract worth $3,275,000, avoiding salary arbitration.
- Plouffe and Twins agree to $7.25M deal, avoid arbitration Updated: Jan-25-16 2:40 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Third baseman Trevor Plouffe and the Minnesota Twins have agreed to a $7.25 million, one-year contract to avoid arbitration.
- In UEFA power vacuum, clubs discuss Champions League revamp Updated: Jan-23-16 11:43 am
LONDON - European football's power vacuum is being seen as an opportunity by clubs to have a big say in overhauling its richest competition.