- Meg Morris making the most of her time with NWSL's Thorns Updated: May-25-16 7:20 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - When Thorns coach Mark Parsons phoned Meg Morris last month about possibly coming to Portland, she offered to pay for her own plane ticket and hotel room.
- Veteran Swin Cash re-signs with New York Liberty Updated: May-24-16 2:52 pm
NEW YORK - The Liberty re-signed veteran Swin Cash 10 days after cutting her for salary cap reasons.
- Braves get draft pick, Matusz from Orioles for 2 prospects Updated: May-23-16 9:43 pm
- Josh Hamilton will miss all season with another knee surgery Updated: May-23-16 7:34 pm
ARLINGTON, Texas - Josh Hamilton will have another surgery on his left knee and not play a game this season for the Texas Rangers.
- UEFA clears Rostov to make Champions League debut Updated: May-20-16 12:38 pm
NYON, Switzerland - UEFA has cleared title-chasing Rostov of Russia to make its Champions League debut next season by lifting the threat of Financial Fair Play sanctions.
- Rockies' Jose Reyes prepares for return from suspension Updated: May-19-16 7:22 pm
SCOTTSDALE, Arizona - Jose Reyes took the last of his dozen-or-so swings, stepped out of the batting cage and did a little dance to the beat of the music playing from a small radio in the grass near his feet.
- Kaka again tops MLS salary list, followed by Giovinco Updated: May-19-16 4:55 pm
BETHESDA, Maryland - Kaka remains Major League Soccer's highest-paid player at just over $7 million, and American goalkeeper Tim Howard will earn slightly more than $2.5 million in his return to the league.
- MLB chief: Science may be behind increased drug positives Updated: May-19-16 4:23 pm
NEW YORK - Improved science could be a reason behind baseball's increase in positive drug tests.
- Court denies NHL motion to dismiss concussion suit over CBA Updated: May-18-16 4:58 pm
A federal judge in Minnesota has denied the NHL's latest attempt to throw out a class-action lawsuit by former players filed over head injuries.
- Cowboys sign 1st-round pick RB Elliott to $25M, 4-year deal Updated: May-18-16 4:13 pm
IRVING, Texas - Ezekiel Elliott has signed a four-year contract with the Dallas Cowboys that includes a $16 million signing bonus and is worth nearly $25 million overall for the Ohio State running back who was the fourth overall draft pick.
- Redskins release wide receiver Andre Roberts Updated: May-17-16 10:32 am
ASHBURN, Virginia - The Washington Redskins released Andre Roberts on Tuesday, saving significant salary cap space and cutting ties with the wide receiver who had been a big-time free agent signing.
- Reyes banned through May under MLB domestic violence policy Updated: May-14-16 1:13 am
DENVER - Jose Reyes now knows when he can return. His role - and perhaps his future - with the Colorado Rockies remain as murky as ever, especially given the emergence of rookie shortstop Trevor Story.
- NCAA asks US Supreme Court to hear O'Bannon case Updated: May-13-16 9:23 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - The NCAA is asking the U.S. Supreme Court to hear the so-called O'Bannon case that successfully challenged the association's use of names, images and likenesses of college athletes without compensation.
- Stars future with 2 top scorers, need decision on 2 goalies Updated: May-12-16 4:25 pm
DALLAS - The Dallas Stars have two of the NHL's top scorers with young All-Star players Jamie Benn and Tyler Seguin.
- Cubs ace Arrieta not surprised by Strasburg contract Updated: May-11-16 2:35 pm
CHICAGO - Cubs ace Jake Arrieta saw the numbers for Stephen Strasburg's new contract with Washington. He wasn't surprised at all.
- Once thought fragile, Redskins TE Reed gets 5-year extension Updated: May-05-16 3:26 pm
WASHINGTON - Jordan Reed's route-running and pass-catching skills have never been in doubt - just his durability.
- Bosh officially declared out for remainder of Heat season Updated: May-04-16 7:08 pm
MIAMI - Chris Bosh's season is now officially over, regardless of how far the Miami Heat advance in the postseason.
- Celtics' president Ainge embracing expectation-filled summer Updated: May-04-16 4:58 pm
BOSTON - During his tenure as Celtics president, Danny Ainge has developed a reputation as deal maker that pounces on opportunities.
- WNBA, union amend CBA for overseas play fines Updated: May-04-16 4:44 pm
NEW YORK - The WNBA and its players union have agreed to amend the collective bargaining agreement on fines for overseas play.
- An inside look at the other draft, as free agents find spots Updated: May-02-16 2:06 am
WILMINGTON, North Carolina - Gary Shipman was at his desk at noon Saturday, thumbing through depth charts and occasionally looking across the room at the wall-mounted TV trumpeting the start of the NFL draft's final day.
- Colts hope to have new deal with Luck before training camp Updated: Apr-30-16 5:31 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Colts owner Jim Irsay said Saturday that negotiations on Andrew Luck's contract extension are getting serious and a deal could be reached before training camp begins.
- Caps' Tom Wilson fined $2,400 for knee hit to Pens' Sheary Updated: Apr-29-16 2:51 pm
ARLINGTON, Virginia - The NHL fined Capitals forward Tom Wilson $2,404 on Friday for his knee-on-knee hit on Pittsburgh's Conor Sheary, sparing him a suspension that could have altered the second-round playoff series against the Penguins.
- Critics of $1 billion NFL concussion deal seek court review Updated: Apr-28-16 4:58 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Critics of the proposed $1 billion settlement of NFL concussion claims want a full U.S. appeals court in Philadelphia to review a recent court decision that upheld the deal.
- Goodell holds Q&A, with head injuries front and center Updated: Apr-28-16 2:55 pm
CHICAGO - The floor belonged to Philip Feliciano, and NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell waited patiently for his question.
- National Women's Hockey League sued by former executive Updated: Apr-27-16 10:44 pm
A former National Women's Hockey League executive filed a lawsuit Wednesday seeking to recoup more than $200,000 he said he invested to help launch the inaugural season last year.