- An inside look at the other draft, as free agents find spots Updated: May-02-16 2:06 am
WILMINGTON, North Carolina - Gary Shipman was at his desk at noon Saturday, thumbing through depth charts and occasionally looking across the room at the wall-mounted TV trumpeting the start of the NFL draft's final day.
- Colts hope to have new deal with Luck before training camp Updated: Apr-30-16 5:31 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Colts owner Jim Irsay said Saturday that negotiations on Andrew Luck's contract extension are getting serious and a deal could be reached before training camp begins.
- Caps' Tom Wilson fined $2,400 for knee hit to Pens' Sheary Updated: Apr-29-16 2:51 pm
ARLINGTON, Virginia - The NHL fined Capitals forward Tom Wilson $2,404 on Friday for his knee-on-knee hit on Pittsburgh's Conor Sheary, sparing him a suspension that could have altered the second-round playoff series against the Penguins.
- Critics of $1 billion NFL concussion deal seek court review Updated: Apr-28-16 4:58 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Critics of the proposed $1 billion settlement of NFL concussion claims want a full U.S. appeals court in Philadelphia to review a recent court decision that upheld the deal.
- Goodell holds Q&A, with head injuries front and center Updated: Apr-28-16 2:55 pm
CHICAGO - The floor belonged to Philip Feliciano, and NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell waited patiently for his question.
- National Women's Hockey League sued by former executive Updated: Apr-27-16 10:44 pm
A former National Women's Hockey League executive filed a lawsuit Wednesday seeking to recoup more than $200,000 he said he invested to help launch the inaugural season last year.
- Saints' Drew Brees: Pace of contract talks not hurting team Updated: Apr-27-16 11:31 am
NEW ORLEANS - Drew Brees asserts that his contract talks with the Saints haven't hampered the club's ability to acquire top free agents this offseason because he is committed to negotiating an extension that would improve the Saints' financial flexibility.
- Blackhawks positioned for more success next season Updated: Apr-26-16 5:56 pm
CHICAGO - No June hockey for the Chicago Blackhawks this year. Heck, even May is a blank slate.
- Court decision on Brady's case affirms Goodell's power Updated: Apr-26-16 6:07 am
Reinstatement of Tom Brady's four-game "Deflategate" suspension affirmed NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell's power - a major point of contention for the NFL players' union.
- Appeals court: QB Tom Brady must serve 'Deflategate' penalty Updated: Apr-25-16 10:04 pm
NEW YORK - New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady must serve a four-game "Deflategate" suspension imposed by the NFL, a federal appeals court ruled Monday, overturning a lower judge and siding with the league in a battle with the players union.
- Byron Scott won't return to coach Lakers next season Updated: Apr-25-16 12:37 am
LOS ANGELES - Byron Scott will not return to coach the Los Angeles Lakers next season, the team announced late Sunday night.
- US Soccer seeks to clarify some of the differences in pay Updated: Apr-22-16 12:37 am
The U.S. Soccer Federation has sought to clarify some of the claims made in a federal wage discrimination complaint filed by members of the World Cup-winning U.S. women's national team.
- World Cup to Olympics, Klingenberg adjusts to the spotlight Updated: Apr-21-16 8:17 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - A lot has changed for Meghan Klingenberg since last year.
- CB Norman a free agent, Panthers rescind franchise tag offer Updated: Apr-20-16 6:51 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - The NFL free agent cornerback market just got more interesting.
- Haula-led 3rd line helps Wild stay in series vs. Stars Updated: Apr-19-16 6:08 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - The Minnesota Wild have several forwards with higher salaries and higher profiles than Erik Haula.
- Former White Sox player LaRoche doesn't regret walking away Updated: Apr-19-16 11:15 am
NEW YORK - Former Chicago White Sox player Adam LaRoche says he has no regrets walking away from baseball and $13 million in salary after a dispute with the team over the presence of his young son at the ballpark.
- Appeals court upholds $1B NFL concussion settlement Updated: Apr-18-16 6:12 pm
PHILADELPHIA - A federal appeals court has upheld an estimated $1 billion plan by the NFL to settle thousands of concussion lawsuits filed by former players, potentially ending a troubled chapter in league history.
- Cardinals release veteran DT Cory Redding Updated: Apr-18-16 5:13 pm
TEMPE, Arizona - The Arizona Cardinals have released defensive tackle Cory Redding.
- History repeats: US women's soccer team still in wage fight Updated: Apr-17-16 11:51 am
Trailblazers for the U.S. women's national team can't believe their successors are still having the same debate over equal pay and treatment.
- Jaguars have little to show for run near top of NFL Draft Updated: Apr-16-16 9:57 am
JACKSONVILLE, Florida - The Jacksonville Jaguars have been a mainstay near the top of the NFL Draft for nearly a decade. And they have little to show for it.
- Wall: Wizards' failure to make playoffs 'a wasted season' Updated: Apr-13-16 9:20 pm
WASHINGTON - Among the various reasons that Washington Wizards point guard John Wall figures this was what he called "a wasted season" with no playoff appearance was that having nine players on expiring contracts led to a contentious atmosphere.
- Belt gets $72.8M deal from Giants covering 2017-21 Updated: Apr-09-16 10:15 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Brandon Belt can look across the infield at shortstop Brandon Crawford, to the mound at Madison Bumgarner and behind the plate to Buster Posey, three other homegrown Giants likely to be around for years to come.
- Jets' Ferguson makes retirement official in letter to fans Updated: Apr-09-16 8:54 pm
NEW YORK - D'Brickashaw Ferguson played 10 rugged seasons in the NFL, never missed a snap due to injury and established himself as one of the best at his position.
- AP source: Jets left tackle D'Brickashaw Ferguson to retire Updated: Apr-08-16 11:11 pm
NEW YORK - D'Brickashaw Ferguson is walking away from football after 10 years of protecting New York Jets quarterbacks.
- Kubiak: Broncos will draft a quarterback Updated: Apr-07-16 7:00 pm
DENVER - The choice for the San Francisco 49ers might come down to paying Colin Kaepernick $11.9 million to wear their uniform in 2016 or $4.9 million to wear Denver's.