- Goodell makes it official: He will hear Brady's appeal Updated: Jun-02-15 5:09 pm
NEW YORK - NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell made it official Tuesday: He will hear Tom Brady's appeal of his four-game suspension.
- Small clubs, youth teams feel victimized by FIFA scandal Updated: May-30-15 5:31 pm
RIO DE JANEIRO - The accused in the FIFA scandal are easy to spot: globe-trotting executives charged with diverting millions meant to build the game to their personal accounts. Those who feel victimized aren't as obvious: Youth players with hand-me-down equipment, semi-pro clubs that can't afford to travel and developmental leagues that can't pay referees.
- Zellous wins arbitration case against Turkish club Updated: May-30-15 1:32 am
Indiana Fever guard Shavonte Zellous finally won her arbitration case against her former Turkish club, Galatasary.
- Brazilian club Santos goes to FIFA over Neymar's transfer Updated: May-29-15 3:18 pm
SAO PAULO - Brazilian club Santos says it is filing a complaint to FIFA against Barcelona and Neymar seeking compensation for irregularities in the player's transfer to the Spanish club two years ago.
- Quigley, other WNBA players to miss games for Euro tourney Updated: May-29-15 1:35 pm
Chicago Sky guard Allie Quigley and other WNBA players will miss at least a few games of the upcoming season to compete in the Eurobasket tournament next month.
- Bylsma faces big rebuilding challenge in taking over Sabres Updated: May-28-15 7:03 pm
BUFFALO, New York - The circumstances have changed for Dan Bylsma in taking over as coach of the young and rebuilding Buffalo Sabres.
- Proposed Uribe-for-Callaspo may be back on Updated: May-26-15 10:27 pm
LOS ANGELES - Alberto Callaspo has been scratched from the Atlanta Braves' starting lineup by manager Fredi Gonzalez for the second consecutive night, an indication the proposed multiplayer trade that would send the infielder to the Los Angeles Dodgers for third baseman Juan Uribe may be back on.
- Manfred understands why minority interviews skipped Updated: May-21-15 8:30 pm
NEW YORK - New baseball Commissioner Rob Manfred said he understands why the Milwaukee Brewers and Miami Marlins did not interview any minority candidates when they hired new managers this month.
- Former players: NFL teams 'conspired' to push painkillers Updated: May-21-15 5:57 pm
BALTIMORE - Hundreds of former players have filed a lawsuit claiming all 32 NFL teams, their doctors, trainers and medical staffs obtained and provided painkillers to players - often illegally - as part of a decades-long conspiracy to keep them on the field without regard for their long-term health.
- SportAccord's Vizer issues 20-point plan for talks with IOC Updated: May-21-15 2:07 pm
LONDON - As more sports cut ties with his umbrella association, SportAccord chief Marius Vizer issued a 20-point plan Thursday for discussions with the IOC - including prize money for Olympic athletes and a 50 percent stake for federations in the new Olympic television channel.
- Platini defends Financial Fair Play ahead of easing rules Updated: May-21-15 6:38 am
NYON, Switzerland - UEFA president Michel Platini insists his Financial Fair Play project to control club spending is "here to stay" and has not changed approach.
- FFA terminates Newcastle license over financial issues Updated: May-20-15 3:00 am
SYDNEY - Football Federation Australia has terminated the Newcastle Jets' A-League operating license hours after financially troubled owner Nathan Tinkler placed the club into voluntary administration with debts of 2.7 million Australian dollars ($2.14 million).
- Players' union asks Goodell to recuse self from Brady appeal Updated: May-19-15 7:51 pm
- Torpedo Moscow players strike over unpaid wages Updated: May-19-15 12:24 pm
MOSCOW - Torpedo Moscow's players are refusing to train in protest at months of unpaid wages as many Russian clubs battle financial problems.
- Kraft-Goodell relationship frayed by NFL investigation Updated: May-18-15 5:27 pm
- Platini: UEFA looking to ease rules on club spending Updated: May-18-15 12:27 pm
GENEVA - UEFA is preparing to ease rules which limit how much Europe's top clubs spend on player transfers and wages.
- 'Deflategate' appeal could test powers of NFL commissioner Updated: May-16-15 6:02 pm
FOXBOROUGH, Massachusetts - This is no longer about deflated footballs.
- Sochi hockey players start legal battle for pay Updated: May-13-15 1:29 pm
MOSCOW - Players at the Sochi hockey club that forms a major part of the legacy of last year's Winter Olympics are to start a legal battle over months of unpaid wages.
- Despite $1M fine, Patriots reap profit from Brady suspension Updated: May-12-15 6:23 pm
FOXBOROUGH, Massachusetts - A four-game suspension.
- UW to provide student-athletes $3,200 for expenses Updated: May-10-15 3:48 pm
LARAMIE, Wyoming - For student-athletes, it's good news.
- Jameis Winston files counterclaim, denies he raped woman Updated: May-09-15 5:18 pm
TAMPA, Florida - Attorneys for top NFL draft pick Jameis Winston contend a woman seeking civil damages from the quarterback after accusing him of rape is trying to tarnish his reputation and tap into the Heisman Trophy winner's newfound wealth.
- 'Holdout' now almost unknown for NFL rookies Updated: May-08-15 4:38 pm
EDEN PRAIRIE, Minnesota - As the days ticked down toward the first rookie minicamp for the Minnesota Vikings, executive vice president of football operations Rob Brzezinski worked feverishly with one goal in mind.
- Former UW lineman Rains seeks NFL career with Denver Broncos Updated: May-08-15 9:29 am
LARAMIE, Wyoming - During his three years in Laramie, Connor Rains never made the short trek to Denver for a Broncos game.
- Cards, Chiefs concussion lawsuits could bring team testimony Updated: May-08-15 2:09 am
Concussion lawsuits filed by former St. Louis Cardinals receiver Roy Green, Kansas City Chiefs defensive lineman Neil Smith and their teammates could force team officials to testify about claims they hid the risk of repeated head injuries.
- Jets sign 5th-rounder Jarvis Harrison to 4-year deal Updated: May-06-15 10:52 pm
FLORHAM PARK, New Jersey - The New York Jets have signed offensive lineman Jarvis Harrison, their fifth-round draft pick out of Texas A&M.