- Devils defenseman Salvador retires after 14 NHL seasons Updated: Sep-02-15 11:39 am
NEWARK, New Jersey - Devils defenseman Bryce Salvador has retired after nearly 800 games in 14 NHL seasons.
- Hawks to retire Dikembe Mutombo's No. 55 next season Updated: Sep-01-15 2:17 pm
ATLANTA - The Atlanta Hawks will retire Dikembe Mutombo's No. 55 next season, about two months after he is enshrined into the Naismith Basketball Hall of Fame.
- German goalkeeper Nadine Angerer faces her retirement Updated: Aug-29-15 5:20 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Nadine Angerer long ago started a bucket list of what she wants to do in retirement.
- Former University of Vermont basketball player retires Updated: Aug-27-15 4:00 pm
ST. JOHNSBURY, Vermont - A former University of Vermont basketball player is calling it quits.
- Robby Ginepri, '05 US Open semifinalist, retires from tennis Updated: Aug-27-15 2:27 pm
McLEAN, Virginia - Robby Ginepri, a semifinalist at the 2005 U.S. Open, has retired after 14 years on the ATP World Tour.
- LA Galaxy veteran Todd Dunivant to retire after season Updated: Aug-26-15 4:02 pm
CARSON, California - LA Galaxy defender Todd Dunivant says he will retire after the season.
- Umenyiora signs 1-day contract to retire as a New York Giant Updated: Aug-26-15 3:50 pm
EAST RUTHERFORD, New Jersey - Two-time Pro Bowl defensive end Osi Umenyiora has retired as a member of the New York Giants.
- Sims tells Detroit TV station he's retiring Updated: Aug-24-15 7:39 pm
DETROIT - Former Detroit Lions offensive lineman Rob Sims has announced his retirement.
- Yankees honor Pettitte by retiring his No. 46 Updated: Aug-23-15 3:42 pm
NEW YORK - Andy Pettitte would often glare down opposing hitters from the mound, his hat pulled tightly over his forehead and his glove shielding his face from the batter, so only his eyes were visible to those watching the tall lefty from Texas.
- Yankees retire Posada's No. 20 in Monument Park Updated: Aug-22-15 5:43 pm
NEW YORK - The Yankees most recent championship teams were built around a group of players that came to be known as the "Core Four." There was the suave leader Derek Jeter, the homespun starter Andy Pettitte and the classy closer Mariano Rivera.
- Lori Chalupny announces retirement from US national team Updated: Aug-17-15 5:11 pm
Defender Lori Chalupny has announced her retirement from the U.S. women's national team.
- Former 49ers first-round pick Anthony Davis talks comeback Updated: Aug-11-15 4:39 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - Former San Francisco 49ers right tackle Anthony Davis is now talking about an NFL return next year at some point, just two months after he announced his early retirement at age 25 following a head injury last season.
- From Alex Karras to Peyton Manning, NFL's crossover stars Updated: Aug-10-15 4:58 pm
Pro Football Hall of Famer Frank Gifford, who died Sunday at age 84, turned his NFL fame, charisma and movie-star good looks into a wide-ranging and successful second career.
- Ravens receiver Steve Smith to retire after this season Updated: Aug-10-15 4:24 pm
OWINGS MILLS, Maryland - Ravens wide receiver Steve Smith, one of 12 players in NFL history with 900 catches, says he will retire after this season - his 15th in the league.
- 3x gold medalist May-Treanor advances in return to beach Updated: Aug-07-15 7:05 pm
Three-time Olympic beach volleyball gold medalist Misty May-Treanor is competing on the beach again for the first time since the London Games.
- Carolina Panthers CB Chris Houston retires from football Updated: Aug-04-15 10:14 pm
SPARTANBURG, South Carolina - The Carolina Panthers have announced backup cornerback Chris Houston has decided to retire from the NFL after seven seasons.