- Meg Morris making the most of her time with NWSL's Thorns Updated: May-25-16 7:20 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - When Thorns coach Mark Parsons phoned Meg Morris last month about possibly coming to Portland, she offered to pay for her own plane ticket and hotel room.
- Satellite camps, recruiting, hoops hot topics around the SEC Updated: May-23-16 6:49 pm
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - Southeastern Conference coaches and athletic directors will convene next week with familiar topics on the agenda, including football recruiting in general and satellite camps in particular, along with strengthening men's basketball across the league.
- Brown gets new job at Illinois; Nunn pleads in battery case Updated: May-18-16 5:28 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Illinois added former star Dee Brown to its staff Wednesday, saw Kendrick Nunn plead guilty to misdemeanor battery and learned that center Mike Thorne Jr. will get a sixth year of eligibility.
- Clemson's Watson says he's not great yet, but working on it Updated: May-17-16 9:35 pm
NEW ORLEANS - Clemson quarterback Deshaun Watson wasn't expecting any revelations about what he could have done differently to lead the Tigers to a national championship last season.
- Arkansas State signs 2 to basketball letters of intent Updated: May-17-16 4:29 pm
JONESBORO, Arkansas - The Arkansas State basketball team has added two players.
- Alabama signs Ohio State transfer Daniel Giddens Updated: May-17-16 4:25 pm
TUSCALOOSA, Alabama - Former Ohio State player Daniel Giddens has signed to play for Alabama.
- Things looking more normal for Wade in Year 2 at VCU Updated: May-13-16 3:18 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Will Wade's whirlwind first season at VCU included some surprises.
- Dartmouth coach: Tackle-free practice reduces concussions Updated: May-13-16 2:51 pm
WASHINGTON - Dartmouth football coach Buddy Teevens makes a promise to recruited players before they take the field: "In four years, you will never tackle another Dartmouth football player."
- ACC: LGBT law could affect whether NC hosts league events Updated: May-12-16 6:40 pm
AMELIA ISLAND, Florida - A North Carolina law that critics say can allow discrimination against members of the LGBT community could impact whether the state hosts Atlantic Coast Conference championship events.
- Malou heading to NBA draft without playing for Iowa St Updated: May-11-16 1:10 pm
AMES, Iowa - One of the most hyped recruits in Iowa State history is heading to the NBA without ever playing for the Cyclones.
- Kingsley withdraws name from NBA draft, returns to Arkansas Updated: May-09-16 8:34 pm
FAYETTEVILLE, Arkansas - Arkansas got a boost on Monday when Moses Kingsley announced he had decided to withdraw his name from the NBA draft and return for his senior season with the Razorbacks.
- Howard Garfinkel dies at 86 Updated: May-07-16 11:36 pm
NEW YORK - Howard Garfinkel didn't look like one of college basketball's most important people.
- Professor's airplane math didn't equal airplane threat Updated: May-07-16 4:18 pm
PHILADELPHIA - An Ivy League professor said his flight was delayed because a fellow passenger thought the math equations he was writing might be a sign he was a terrorist.
- Jaguars sign 6th-round picks Allen, Holmes to contracts Updated: May-05-16 6:25 pm
JACKSONVILLE, Florida - The Jacksonville Jaguars have signed both of their sixth-round draft picks, quarterback Brandon Allen and defensive end Tyrone Holmes.
- Texas A&M coach apologizes for tweets on player's reversal Updated: May-05-16 4:59 pm
Texas A&M assistant coach Aaron Moorehead has apologized for a series of tweets about loyalty and accountability he posted soon after a highly touted quarterback recruit announced he was breaking a verbal commitment to the Aggies.
- With ban lifted, SEC coaches gearing up for satellite camps Updated: May-04-16 5:34 pm
Southeastern Conference coaches are ready to start participating in the satellite camps their league had wanted to eliminate nationwide.
- Louisville students' lawsuit against escort is dismissed Updated: May-03-16 5:23 pm
A Louisville judge has dismissed a lawsuit by University of Louisville students filed against Katina Powell that said the escort's book allegations of sex parties at the men's basketball players' dormitory had devalued their education.
- NFL Draft: Players selected in the first round Updated: Apr-28-16 11:44 pm
The players selected in the first round of the NFL draft Thursday night in Chicago:
- NCAA scraps ban on satellite camps; recruiting under study Updated: Apr-28-16 10:30 pm
The NCAA Division I Board of Directors scrapped a proposed ban on satellite camps Thursday, rebuffing a request from powerhouse conferences in the South and clearing the way for coaches to hold and work at clinics far from their campuses this summer.
- Balcomb steps down as Vanderbilt women's basketball coach Updated: Apr-27-16 8:55 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Melanie Balcomb's 14-year tenure as Vanderbilt women's basketball coach is over.