- NFL Draft: Players selected in the first round Updated: Apr-28-16 11:44 pm
The players selected in the first round of the NFL draft Thursday night in Chicago:
- NCAA scraps ban on satellite camps; recruiting under study Updated: Apr-28-16 10:30 pm
The NCAA Division I Board of Directors scrapped a proposed ban on satellite camps Thursday, rebuffing a request from powerhouse conferences in the South and clearing the way for coaches to hold and work at clinics far from their campuses this summer.
- Balcomb steps down as Vanderbilt women's basketball coach Updated: Apr-27-16 8:55 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Melanie Balcomb's 14-year tenure as Vanderbilt women's basketball coach is over.
- Cal freshman star Jaylen Brown to declare for NBA draft Updated: Apr-21-16 4:41 pm
BERKELEY, California - California forward Jaylen Brown is leaving after one season and declaring for the NBA draft.
- Former Syracuse star Pearl Washington dies at 52 Updated: Apr-21-16 2:22 am
SYRACUSE, New York - There was a gleam that shone through the sorrowful tears in Jim Boeheim's eyes as he recalled the first time he saw Pearl Washington play.
- Pac-12 commissioner says league in favor of satellite camps Updated: Apr-21-16 12:04 am
Pac-12 Commissioner Larry Scott says the conference's representative on the NCAA's Division I Council did not vote the league's position when the council banned so-called satellite football camps this month.
- Junior college guard Angola-Rodas to attend Florida State Updated: Apr-20-16 9:58 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Junior college star Braian Angola-Rodas has signed a national letter of intent to play basketball at Florida State.
- Wisconsin's Hayes to enter NBA draft, won't sign with agent Updated: Apr-20-16 4:02 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Wisconsin forward Nigel Hayes is submitting his name for the NBA draft but will not sign with an agent.
- Syracuse frosh Malachi Richardson to enter name in NBA draft Updated: Apr-18-16 4:03 pm
SYRACUSE, New York - Freshman guard Malachi Richardson of the Syracuse Orange is entering his name into the NBA draft but will not sign with an agent.
- Matt Campbell brings spark to the Cyclones Updated: Apr-16-16 7:16 pm
AMES, Iowa - Iowa State knew it was bringing in some much-needed energy when it made Matt Campbell the nation's youngest Power Five coach.
- Column: NCAA should allow players to leave when coaches bolt Updated: Apr-15-16 6:03 pm
Hey NCAA, why don't you make Chris Beard sit out a year?
- Big Ten East loses top stars, but new ones are set to emerge Updated: Apr-14-16 4:26 pm
With no less than a half-dozen potential NFL first-round draft picks and a bevy of other stars gone from Michigan State and Ohio State, the gap between the top and bottom of the Big Ten East would figure to shrink this fall.
- Ducks top NHL on power play, penalty kill, overall defense Updated: Apr-13-16 7:46 pm
ANAHEIM, California - The NHL's stingiest defensive team also had the best power play and the best penalty kill this season.
- Mutombo's nephew signs to play basketball at Florida State Updated: Apr-13-16 5:37 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Mfiondu Kabengele, the nephew of former NBA standout Dikembe Mutombo, has signed a national letter of intent to play basketball at Florida State.
- Arkansas' Kingsley enters NBA draft, won't hire agent Updated: Apr-12-16 1:39 pm
FAYETTEVILLE, Arkansas - Moses Kingsley emerged from the shadow of good friend Bobby Portis to become one of the top players in the Southeastern Conference last season.
- Kansas State freshman Freeman transferring to Florida juco Updated: Apr-12-16 1:22 pm
MANHATTAN, Kansas - Kansas State forward Ron Freeman has elected to transfer after seeing little action as a freshman.
- Former starting QB Seth Collins rejoins Beavers, will be WR Updated: Apr-11-16 6:36 pm
Seth Collins is going to stay at Oregon State after all.
- Sankey: SEC's satellite camp issues go beyond Harbaugh Updated: Apr-11-16 6:03 pm
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - Commissioner Greg Sankey wants to set the record straight: The issue of satellite camps wasn't the Southeastern Conference vs. Jim Harbaugh.
- Stony Brook hires Ohio State's Boals as basketball coach Updated: Apr-09-16 4:48 pm
STONY BROOK, New York - Stony Brook, coming off its first NCAA Tournament appearance, hired Ohio State assistant Jeff Boals as its basketball coach Saturday.
- Fast track: Early enrollment now common in college football Updated: Apr-09-16 12:21 pm
In January 2007, mega-recruit Jimmy Clausen enrolled at Notre Dame, bypassing a final semester of high school to partake in spring practice with the Fighting Irish and get a jump on becoming the starting quarterback.
- Devils sign Boston College's Steven Santini, Miles Wood Updated: Apr-08-16 10:38 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - The New Jersey Devils have signed Boston College defenseman Steven Santini and forward Miles Wood to three-year entry-level contracts that will start this season.
- Road trip: Florida State playing spring game in Orlando Updated: Apr-08-16 5:37 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - With renovations taking place at Doak Campbell Stadium, Florida State has a rare opportunity Saturday - play its spring game on the road in a stadium where it will open the season.
- Former So. Miss coach Tyndall hit with 10-year show cause Updated: Apr-08-16 4:05 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Donnie Tyndall's career slammed into a brick wall Friday after the NCAA hit the former Southern Mississippi coach with a 10-year show-cause order for orchestrating a breathtaking case of academic fraud designed to land recruits and other misconduct that included trying to cover up payments to athletes and potential evidence in the case.
- Louisville announces more sanctions for men's basketball Updated: Apr-06-16 4:29 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Louisville has announced additional self-imposed sanctions on its men's basketball program in the wake of an escort's allegations, reducing scholarships for the 2017-19 seasons and restricting official recruiting visits and recruiting opportunities for staff.
- WNIT championship could be recruiting boost for USD Updated: Apr-04-16 11:20 am
VERMILLION, South Dakota - Taylor Frederick was in a unique position Saturday afternoon at the DakotaDome.