- Indians acquire catcher Chris Gimenez from Rangers Updated: May-04-16 2:06 pm
CLEVELAND - The Indians acquired backup catcher Chris Gimenez from the Texas Rangers for cash considerations.
- Ohio university pays player $712K to settle concussion suit Updated: May-04-16 11:25 am
TOLEDO, Ohio - A university in Ohio will pay $712,000 to a former football player who said the team's coaches and medical staff didn't pull him from practice right away after he suffered multiple concussions that led to a permanent brain injury.
- $2.4M makeover slated for Western District police station Updated: May-04-16 11:19 am
BALTIMORE - Business leaders are hoping a $2.4 million makeover will improve Baltimore's Western District Police Station.
- Victoria Azarenka retires from Madrid Open with back injury Updated: May-04-16 9:18 am
MADRID - Fourth-seeded Victoria Azarenka has pulled out of the Madrid Open because of a back injury.
- Albania midfielder Xhaka injured during Basel title win Updated: May-04-16 9:02 am
BASEL, Switzerland - Swiss champion Basel says Albania midfielder Taulant Xhaka has a leg injury and will be out of action for "several weeks."
- Man pleads guilty to molesting teen in church bathroom Updated: May-04-16 8:12 am
BRIDGEPORT, Connecticut - A New Haven man charged with sexually molesting a 13-year-old boy in the bathroom of a Bridgeport church has pleaded guilty just before his trial was about to start.
- Sonny Gray struggles in Athletics' loss to the Mariners Updated: May-04-16 2:08 am
OAKLAND, California - Sonny Gray said it was the best he's felt all year. The results seemed to suggest otherwise.
- Warriors rally in fourth for 2-0 series lead on Portland Updated: May-04-16 2:04 am
OAKLAND, California - The defending champions mounted a remarkable comeback without MVP Stephen Curry.
- Kemp, Wallace power Padres to 6-3 win over Rockies Updated: May-04-16 1:59 am
SAN DIEGO - Eddie Butler started off strong Tuesday night, retiring the first 11 batters he faced. He couldn't make it last.
- Kemp, Wallace power Padres to 6-3 win over Rockies Updated: May-04-16 1:53 am
SAN DIEGO - Andrew Cashner appeared to be off to another shaky start on Tuesday night. He recovered well enough to earn a win.
- Mariners hit 3 home runs to power past the Athleti Updated: May-04-16 1:44 am
OAKLAND, California - Hisashi Iwakuma felt the game was on the line when he faced a bases loaded situation in the second inning. After getting through it unscathed, the offense came alive to give him some breathing room.
- Blackhawks C Anisimov recovering from right wrist surgery Updated: May-04-16 12:46 am
CHICAGO - Blackhawks center Artem Anisimov is on the mend after undergoing right wrist surgery.
- Angels squander early four-run lead, fall 5-4 to Brewers Updated: May-04-16 12:45 am
MILWAUKEE - Nick Tropeano left his off-speed pitches up in the zone, making for tempting targets for the Milwaukee Brewers' best hitters.
- Smoak's 2 HRs lead Blue Jays over Rangers 3-1 in 10 innings Updated: May-04-16 12:45 am
TORONTO - The Texas Rangers had seemed on course for victory most of Tuesday night courtesy of Rougned Odor's first career leadoff home run on Marco Estrada's second pitch of the game.
- Red Sox shut down by Quintana in 4-1 loss to White Sox Updated: May-04-16 12:40 am
CHICAGO - The Boston Red Sox are still searching for answers when it comes to Jose Quintana.
- Meyer's first start unravels in third in 6-4 Twins loss Updated: May-04-16 12:38 am
HOUSTON - Alex Meyer's first career start was going well through the first two innings.
- Harvey falters again, Mets get 1 hit in 3-0 loss to Braves Updated: May-04-16 12:38 am
NEW YORK - Matt Harvey can't seem to find that groove this season. The smooth delivery, those overpowering pitches.
- Chris Carter goes deep twice, Brewers beat Angels 5-4 Updated: May-04-16 12:24 am
MILWAUKEE - Junior Guerra was going to call his wife back home in Venezuela before checking into his hotel room on Tuesday night.
- Castro, Springer power Houston past Minnesota, 6-4 Updated: May-04-16 12:22 am
HOUSTON - The Houston Astros got back to their way of winning Tuesday night - using walks and home runs to support their pitching.
- Moore struggles, Rays fall to Dodgers 10-5 Updated: May-04-16 12:22 am
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - Tampa Bay's Matt Moore understandably was disappointed.
- Quintana, White Sox beat Red Sox 4-1 for 3rd straight win Updated: May-04-16 12:17 am
CHICAGO - Jose Quintana supplied the pitching, Jose Abreu took care of the offense and the defense was there all night long.
- Boyle's OT goal lifts Lightning past Islanders 5-4 in Game 3 Updated: May-04-16 12:13 am
NEW YORK - Brian Boyle delivered a hard hit and then took advantage of a lucky carom to get the Tampa Bay Lightning a big playoff win.
- Wisler wipes out Mets as Braves beat scuffling Harvey 3-0 Updated: May-03-16 11:52 pm
NEW YORK - Matched up against Matt Harvey and a streaking Mets team, Matt Wisler was the one in complete command on the mound.
- A-Rod hurt as Yankees' skid reaches 6 in 4-1 loss to Orioles Updated: May-03-16 11:29 pm
BALTIMORE - The New York Yankees might have to break out of their dreadful slump without the help of Alex Rodriguez.
- Pirates can't hit Arrieta, fall to Cubs 7-1 Updated: May-03-16 11:20 pm
PITTSBURGH - Clint Hurdle gave Matt Joyce the start in right field against the Chicago Cubs on Tuesday night, pointing to the outfielder's impressive numbers against Chicago ace Jake Arrieta earlier in Joyce's career.