- Redskins LB Junior Galette out for season with Achilles tear Updated: Aug-27-15 2:14 pm
ASHBURN, Virginia - Washington Redskins coach Jay Gruden says outside linebacker Junior Galette will miss the entire season after tearing his left Achilles tendon.
- No. 25 Vols lose McNeil to injury, suspend Howard for 1 game Updated: Aug-27-15 1:33 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - Tennessee safety LaDarrell McNeil is out indefinitely and receiver Alton "Pig" Howard has been suspended for the season opener, continuing a series of preseason hits to the Volunteers' depth.
- With Manziel out with sore elbow, Browns sign QB Pat Devlin Updated: Aug-27-15 11:26 am
BEREA, Ohio - Johnny Manziel's troublesome elbow forced the Browns to sign free agent quarterback Pat Devlin to give them some depth.
- PSG aiming to maintain perfect start against Monaco Updated: Aug-27-15 11:02 am
Defending champion Paris Saint-Germain faces its toughest opposition of the fledgling season as it travels to the principality to face Monaco on Sunday night.
- The Latest: Defending champion Sum reaches 800 final Updated: Aug-27-15 8:52 am
BEIJING - The Latest from the world championships (all times local):
- Bayern, Leverkusen clash; Dortmund leading Bundesliga Updated: Aug-27-15 7:56 am
BERLIN - After perfect starts, something has to give when Bayern Munich hosts Bayer Leverkusen for the first Bundesliga clash of the season among Champions League participants. Borussia Dortmund, currently leading on goal difference after two league games, hosts Hertha Berlin, while Borussia Moenchengladbach aims to avoid its third straight defeat at the other end of the table. Here are some things to know about the third round of games:
- Real Madrid under pressure to win home opener Updated: Aug-27-15 4:59 am
- Diamondbacks lose 3-1 to Cardinals after Corbin leaves Updated: Aug-27-15 1:20 am
PHOENIX - Patrick Corbin kept Arizona in the game against baseball's best team.
- Cardinals beat Diamondbacks 3-1 behind Lackey Updated: Aug-27-15 1:15 am
PHOENIX - John Lackey pitches to get balls in play, allowing his defense to do the work for him.
- Lewis, rest of Texas pitchers go wild in 12-4 loss to Jays Updated: Aug-27-15 1:12 am
ARLINGTON, Texas - Colby Lewis walked four batters and threw two wild pitches in five innings of a failed attempt to set a career high in wins.
- Encarnacion helps Price celebrate 30th, Jays top Texas 12-4 Updated: Aug-27-15 12:50 am
ARLINGTON, Texas - Edwin Encarnacion turned David Price's 30th birthday into a party - and a win for Toronto's new ace.
- White Sox manage just 6 hits in 3-0 loss to Red Sox Updated: Aug-27-15 12:30 am
CHICAGO - Add seven more strikeouts to Chris Sale's major league-leading total. Mark him down for one more quality start. But keep him at 12 wins.
- Nelson wild in Brewers' 6-2 loss to Indians Updated: Aug-27-15 12:29 am
CLEVELAND - Jimmy Nelson had no one to blame but himself.
- Escobar's double play kills rally; Padres beat Nationals 6-5 Updated: Aug-27-15 12:27 am
WASHINGTON - After Yunel Escobar's swing on a 3-0 pitch resulted in a rally-killing double play, Nationals manager Matt Williams said his team can't change its aggressive approach.
- Kipnis has HR, 3 RBIs to lead Indians past Brewers, 6-2 Updated: Aug-27-15 12:15 am
CLEVELAND - With his best pitcher landing on the disabled list, Indians manager Terry Francona knew he needed a strong effort from the rest of his team Wednesday night.
- Upton homers twice as Padres beat Nationals 6-5 Updated: Aug-27-15 12:02 am
WASHINGTON - After struggling all season on the road, San Diego slugger Justin Upton looked perfectly at home in Nationals Park.
- Porcello pitches Red Sox past White Sox 3-0 Updated: Aug-26-15 11:59 pm
CHICAGO - For one night at least, it was all there for Rick Porcello. He kept his fastball down, and stepped up in every big spot.
- Rays lose again to Twins, 5-3 Updated: Aug-26-15 11:53 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - The Tampa Bay Rays missed plenty of opportunities to score in their latest loss, leaving the bases loaded in three straight innings.
- Escobar hits 2 homers, Twins beat Rays 5-3 Updated: Aug-26-15 11:43 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - The Minnesota Twins took over the second AL wild-card lead using both long and small ball against one of the majors' top pitchers.
- Colon tosses 7 scoreless innings, Mets beat Phillies 9-4 Updated: Aug-26-15 11:38 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Bartolo Colon isn't too old to try new things.
- Ohio State loses WR Brown for season to left leg injury Updated: Aug-26-15 9:55 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio State wide receiver Noah Brown injured his left leg during practice Wednesday and will miss the season.
- Cowboys think they have depth to replace injured Scandrick Updated: Aug-26-15 9:09 pm
OXNARD, California - Orlando Scandrick's season-ending knee injury was a flashback for Dallas coach Jason Garrett to losing linebacker Sean Lee during the offseason a year earlier.
- Astros top last year's win total, beat Yankees 6-2 Updated: Aug-26-15 9:01 pm
NEW YORK - A green laser beam bounced around a fog-filled clubhouse, music blared from all corners of the darkened room. It's a postgame party that's becoming commonplace with these Houston Astros.
- Lions trade Michael Williams to Patriots for draft pick Updated: Aug-26-15 8:50 pm
- Pineda returns, chased in 5th as Yankees fall to Astros Updated: Aug-26-15 7:02 pm
NEW YORK - A little bunt caused a big problem for Michael Pineda and the New York Yankees.