- 3 shot at suburban Pittsburgh pool party, police say Updated: May-31-16 3:35 am
PENN HILLS, Pennsylvania - Police say three people were shot at a suburban Pittsburgh pool party.
- New York man who drowned in Cape Cod lake was star swimmer Updated: May-30-16 11:02 am
ORLEANS, Massachusetts - A New York man who drowned during lifeguard tryouts in a Cape Cod lake was a collegiate swimmer who planned to become an assistant swim coach at his alma mater.
- Anderson, Mellouli win freestyles at Speedo Grand Challenge Updated: May-29-16 10:40 pm
IRVINE, California - American Haley Anderson and Ous Mellouli of Tunisia won distance freestyle titles Sunday night at the Speedo Grand Challenge.
- The newest face of US water polo didn't come from California Updated: May-29-16 11:44 am
LOS ALAMITOS, California - Donna Johnson just wanted her five children to be safe around the pool at her Miami home. That was it, really, the first step in Ashleigh Johnson's path from prodigy to USA water polo.
- Hungary forms athletes' commission to help Budapest 2024 bid Updated: May-27-16 7:42 am
BUDAPEST, Hungary - The Hungarian Olympic Committee has set up a 31-member commission of athletes to advise and promote Budapest's bid for the 2024 Games.
- Bravo, CNBC, MSNBC, USA to televise 325½ hours from Rio Updated: May-24-16 12:29 pm
STAMFORD, Connecticut - NBCUniversal networks Bravo, CNBC, MSNBC and USA will combine to televise 325½ hours of programing from the Rio Olympics this summer.
- US water polo captain Azevedo preps for record 5th Olympics Updated: May-23-16 4:59 pm
LOS ANGELES - Tony Azevedo is a speed boat in a pool full of aircraft carriers. And 16 years after he burst onto the international scene, he remains one of the world's most dangerous scorers.
- Ray Essick, 1st executive director of USA Swimming, dies Updated: May-23-16 1:46 pm
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado - Ray Essick, the first executive director of USA Swimming, has died. He was 82.
- Sandor Tarics, oldest former Olympic champion, dies at 102 Updated: May-23-16 9:47 am
BUDAPEST, Hungary - Sandor Tarics, a water polo gold medalist for Hungary at the 1936 Berlin Games and the oldest living Olympic champion, has died. He was 102.
- Poised for stardom in Rio, Ledecky shies away from spotlight Updated: May-23-16 2:19 am
NORTH BETHESDA, Maryland - When an athlete is poised to become a huge Olympic star, it's only natural to wonder what might come next.
- Efimova's provisional doping ban lifted by FINA Updated: May-22-16 9:17 am
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - Four-time world champion Yulia Efimova has had her provisional doping suspension lifted by swimming's governing body.
- 'Flop Friday' part of routine for US women's water polo team Updated: May-20-16 5:29 pm
LOS ALAMITOS, California - Under a cloudy, gray sky, the players line up along the pool, waiting for their cue from Sami Hill. Then, one by one, they belly-flop into the water, with some showing more impressive form than a few timid teammates.
- US drops Puerto Rico swim training over Zika Updated: May-20-16 9:46 am
ATLANTA - USA Swimming has moved a pre-Olympic training camp out of Puerto Rico because of the Zika virus.
- When weird things happen, Olympians rely on mental training Updated: May-20-16 2:28 am
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado - The divers were warming up, getting ready for the biggest moment in their lives when, out of nowhere, a man in a blue tutu rushed to the ladder, ran to the edge of the board and swan-dived into the pool.
- Olympic hopes dashed for former Russian swimmer Vyatchanin Updated: May-19-16 10:04 am
Two-time Olympic medalist Arkady Vyatchanin has given up on his bid to swim at the Rio Games after FINA denied his request to represent Serbia.
- Thorpe: retesting of doping samples like solving old crimes Updated: May-18-16 7:15 pm
SYDNEY - Five-time Olympic swimming champion Ian Thorpe says retesting of doping samples from previous games is a "good thing" and compared it with the solving of cold-case crimes.
- Ludacris, Hilson, Michael join effort to teach kids to swim Updated: May-18-16 7:00 pm
ATLANTA - When Chris Bridges - better known to his fans as the rapper Ludacris - was growing up, his mother made sure he knew how to swim.
- Clemson's Seth Beer gaining attention with stellar season Updated: May-18-16 2:55 pm
CLEMSON, South Carolina - Forget the long home runs, the walk-off hits or Clemson quarterback Deshaun Watson Tweeting in amazement about outfielder Seth Beer's stellar freshman season. Beer's father said his son's most eye-popping moment came as an 8-year-old when he deftly swiped a loose tooth from younger sister Savannah's mouth.
- Brazil bans Australian swim coach charged with sexual abuse Updated: May-18-16 12:08 pm
RIO DE JANEIRO - The Brazilian Olympic Committee says an Australian swim coach, who faced sexual abuse charges in the 1980s, will not be a member of the host country's staff for the games.
- Thunder's Steven Adams apologizes for 'monkeys' comment Updated: May-17-16 5:37 pm
OAKLAND, California - Oklahoma City center Steven Adams understands that he has to live with the fallout of using a derogatory term to describe Golden State's guards.
- Paris council approves 43 proposals as part of Olympic bid Updated: May-17-16 12:10 pm
PARIS - The Paris city council has approved a series of proposals aimed at transforming the French capital as part of its bid to host the 2024 Olympics.
- SKorean Olympic chief hopes to see banned swimmer in Rio Updated: May-17-16 7:35 am
SEOUL, South Korea - The head of the South Korean Olympic Committee personally hopes to see former Olympic swimming champion Park Tae-hwan compete at this year's games in Rio de Janeiro despite his exclusion from the national team following a doping suspension.
- Ledecky settles for 3rd in 100 free at Atlanta Classic Updated: May-15-16 9:45 pm
ATLANTA - After a pair of dominating wins, Katie Ledecky finally met her match at the Atlanta Classic.
- Lochte dominates field to win 200 IM at Arena Pro Series Updated: May-15-16 8:40 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Ryan Lochte might have found something more difficult than preparing for the U.S. Olympic swimming trials - like helping Pittsburgh Steelers running back DeAngelo Williams learn how to swim.
- Lochte dominates in men's 400 IM at Arena Pro Swim meet Updated: May-13-16 8:36 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Ryan Lochte has been feeling a little tired lately, what with all the training he's putting in for the U.S. Olympic Trials.