- 2 Martinsville women charged with animal cruelty Updated: Aug-02-15 12:40 pm
MARTINSVILLE, Virginia - Two Martinsville women face animal cruelty charges stemming from the discovery of neglected and dead cats in a house.
- Minot animal hospital uses donations to help injured cat Updated: Aug-01-15 5:34 pm
MINOT, North Dakota - An animal hospital in Minot says money is pouring in from the community to help cover the medical bills of a cat that was abandoned after being shot in the face.
- 102 cats seized from Florida woman's home; 60 euthanized Updated: Jul-31-15 9:53 am
SUMMERFIELD, Florida - Authorities say 102 cats were seized from a north Florida woman's home, and 60 had to be euthanized.
- Cat found alive aboard sunken boat pulled from Lake Havasu Updated: Jul-28-15 3:16 pm
LAKE HAVASU CITY, Arizona - A trapped, hungry, wet and scared cat is now safe after it was found tucked away in a boat that had sank to the bottom of Lake Havasu.
- Iowa man accused of torturing cat gets probation Updated: Jul-27-15 6:33 pm
IOWA CITY, Iowa - An eastern Iowa man accused of torturing his roommate's cat last year has been given probation.
- Man suspected in shooting also believed to have abused cat Updated: Jul-27-15 5:53 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - A 28-year-old Wichita man accused of trying to kill his girlfriend also is being investigated for possible animal abuse after video surfaced of the woman's kitten being thrown against a wall.
- Animal planet star visits metro Atlanta shelter Updated: Jul-26-15 9:43 am
MARIETTA, Georgia - Animal Planet star Jackson Galaxy recently visited east Cobb's newly constructed, cage-free cat shelter run by the Good Mews Animal Foundation.
- Prison program saves pets, brings 'calming effect' Updated: Jul-26-15 9:04 am
HAGERSTOWN, Maryland - Since a prison pet program began last July at the Maryland Correctional Training Center south of Hagerstown, 43 dogs and 16 cats have been rescued, officials said on July 21.
- Lost cat found in Honolulu traced to Detroit family Updated: Jul-25-15 6:08 pm
HONOLULU - When a family moved from Hawaii to Detroit, Michigan, more than a year ago, they thought they had lost their cat forever.
- Washington man sentenced for stabbing rampage after cat died Updated: Jul-24-15 12:47 pm
BELLINGHAM, Washington - A Washington state man who stabbed workers at two animal hospitals after his cat died has been sentenced to three years in prison.
- Man gets 3 years for stabbing vet workers after cat dies Updated: Jul-24-15 6:14 am
BELLINGHAM, Washington - A Bellingham man has been sentenced to three years in prison for stabbing two veterinary workers at two separate animal hospitals after his cat died.
- Nearly 2 dozen dead animals found in W.Va. house Updated: Jul-22-15 6:22 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Sixteen cats and one dog were among nearly two dozen dead animals seized from the home of a Charleston woman.
- NYC animal welfare group has 'staggering number' of cats Updated: Jul-20-15 12:07 pm
NEW YORK - Animal Care and Control says it has a "staggering number of cats" in its Manhattan shelter.
- San Diego Zoo touts serval kitten cuteness Updated: Jul-20-15 9:32 am
SAN DIEGO - The San Diego Zoo is touting the cuteness of two serval kittens born in mid-May.
- Howell hardware store says goodbye to cherished feline Updated: Jul-17-15 4:13 am
HOWELL, Michigan - When customers first step in Grundy's Ace Hardware in Howell, most ask where Bobbi the cat is.
- Divers investigating pier killing find cat; owner charged Updated: Jul-16-15 11:29 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Divers looking for evidence in the killing of a woman at a San Francisco pier found something else - a dead cat - and the owner is now facing animal cruelty charges.
- Man convicted of animal cruelty, barred from owning pets Updated: Jul-16-15 2:02 pm
PORTSMOUTH, New Hampshire - A New Hampshire man accused earlier this year of breaking into a neighbor's apartment and choking her barking dog has been barred from adopting a pet after being convicted of neglecting his cat.
- 59 dogs, 7 cats seized from pet spa; owner to face charges Updated: Jul-14-15 1:29 pm
CENTER OSSIPEE, New Hampshire - Police and animal welfare groups say 59 dogs and 7 cats have been seized from "absolutely deplorable" conditions at a boarding and grooming business and rescue shelter.
- Deaths of 4 kittens ruled accidents, not acts of cruelty Updated: Jul-11-15 1:16 pm
OCEANPORT, New Jersey - Authorities say four kittens found dead on the streets of a central New Jersey town this month were not the victims of animal cruelty.
- Dyed pink kittens found along W.Va. road, owners sought Updated: Jul-10-15 5:49 am
RIPLEY, West Virginia - Jackson County officials say those responsible for dyeing a pair of kittens pink and shaving off their whiskers will be prosecuted on animal cruelty charges.
- Health officials euthanize cat after it found rabid bat Updated: Jul-08-15 8:37 am
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado - Another case of rabies has shown up in El Paso County, this time in a bat found by a cat in northeast Colorado Springs.
- Panhandle man found with 92 dead, sick cats gets 3 years Updated: Jul-07-15 6:46 am
FORT WALTON BEACH, Florida - A Florida Panhandle man who had 92 dead and sick cats in his home is being sent to prison for three years.