- Southwest Ohio home catches fire, killing 3 dogs, 2 cats Updated: Feb-11-16 4:08 am
LAURA, Ohio - Fire officials say three dogs and two cats are dead after a house fire in southwestern Ohio.
- Orange collar project aims to get lost cats home Updated: Feb-10-16 10:53 am
LOS ANGELES - Cartoonist Matthew Inman would like to see every housecat wearing an orange collar with its name and number on it. Then if the cat gets loose or lost, by escape or mistake, the collar will signal, "Help me!"
- 3 dogs, 2 cats killed in house fire Updated: Feb-09-16 4:43 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Officials say three dogs and two cats were killed in a Florida Panhandle house fire.
- New Terre Haute Humane Society shelter open Updated: Feb-05-16 5:01 am
TERRE HAUTE, Indiana - While some work remains to be finished, the Terre Haute Humane Society opened its new facility along Fruitridge Avenue to the public Wednesday - a shelter that its proponents say features more efficiency and some modern twists.
- Police: Cat burglar enters Vermont family's home, takes pet Updated: Feb-04-16 10:43 am
TROY, Vermont - Vermont State Police have arrested a 54-year-old man in connection with taking a cat from a home.
- Man drives 1,700 miles to retrieve his lost-and-found cat Updated: Jan-26-16 4:41 pm
NEW BERN, North Carolina - A cat named Hemi, who vanished in 2011 and reappeared mysteriously last week, is back with the man who had adopted him as a kitten and drove 1,700 miles from North Dakota to retrieve his lost-and-found pet.
- NYC animal shelters report sharp drop in dog and cat deaths Updated: Jan-21-16 8:15 am
NEW YORK - The agency that runs New York City's three animal shelters says animal deaths are down and adoptions are up at the facilities.
- Ranch shelters old, sick animals in need of lifelong homes Updated: Jan-20-16 2:02 am
JACKSON, Wyoming - A black blur scampers down a snow-blanketed driveway, swiftly clearing the gate at the entrance of the property. As ranch manager, Bill has the job of alerting his crew to visitors. And while he may be a cat, he takes that job seriously.
- Cat that pulled vanishing act will return to owners by jet Updated: Jan-19-16 2:18 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - A cat named Hemi, who vanished without a trace in 2011 and reappeared just as mysteriously last week, will soon make a jet flight halfway across the country to rejoin the family that never stopped missing him.
- Public hearing to focus on bills related to puppies, kittens Updated: Jan-18-16 2:01 pm
BOSTON - Pet lovers and pet sellers are expected to gather on Beacon Hill this week for a public hearing on a number of animal welfare bills.