- Officials: Sick, malnourished cats, dogs found in cages Updated: May-27-16 8:54 pm
WEST NEW YORK, New Jersey - Authorities say 81 cats and 10 dogs - many sick and malnourished - have been found in floor-to-ceiling cages in an apartment in West New York.
- Tow truck driver charged with dousing kitten in motor oil Updated: May-27-16 11:49 am
FORT LEE, New Jersey - Authorities say a tow truck driver has been charged with animal cruelty for dousing a kitten in motor oil and abandoning it inside a box that was tied shut in New Jersey.
- To claw or not to claw? NY cat proposal sparks frisky debate Updated: May-22-16 1:14 pm
ALBANY, New York - For many decades, declawing cats has been a routine veterinary procedure, but this is no simple pedicure. There's anesthesia, pain medication and the amputation of the cat's toes back to the first knuckle.
- Woman with dozens of cats cited for similar incident in 2011 Updated: May-21-16 10:53 am
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Court records show that a Lincoln woman who had nearly four dozen cats taken from her home earlier this week had been cited five years ago for keeping dozens of animals.
- Former at-risk teen in animal care program earns vet degree Updated: May-21-16 3:02 am
EUGENE, Oregon - Nine years and four months ago, a headline in the Register-Guard's City and Region section read, "Troubled students find cat-alysts for change."
- Animal rescue: 70 dogs, cats seized in South Carolina Updated: May-18-16 8:58 am
WALTERBORO, South Carolina - Authorities say more than 70 dogs and cats have been seized from a South Carolina home where a number of dead animals also were found.
- District: Jump-rope with cat intestines was part of lesson Updated: May-18-16 7:53 am
SAN ANTONIO - A Texas school district says no one will face punishment after video surfaced of high school students using a cat's intestines as a jump rope during a lesson.
- 72 Mississippi dogs, cats head to Georgia for new homes Updated: May-18-16 7:06 am
PASCAGOULA, Mississippi - A total of 72 Jackson County Animal Shelter dogs and cats were put into a Humane Society of South Mississippi van and sent off to the Atlanta Humane Society to find their forever homes.
- Cat burglars steal dogs from Hawaii shelter Updated: May-18-16 3:51 am
LIHUE, Hawaii - Police in Hawaii are looking for cat burglars who absconded with six dogs from a Humane Society shelter.
- $5,000 offered for info on cat sealed in bag Updated: May-14-16 10:48 am
OSKALOOSA, Iowa - A $5,000 reward is being offered for information that leads to the arrest and conviction of the person who sealed a cat in a plastic tote abandoned at a south-central Iowa city dump.
- Scooter, briefly the world's oldest living cat, dead at 30 Updated: May-14-16 2:18 am
MANSFIELD, Texas - A Siamese cat recently cited by the Guinness Book of World Records as the world's oldest living cat did not live to enjoy the title.
- Butte man gets suspended sentence in cat hoarding case Updated: May-13-16 1:05 pm
BUTTE, Montana - A Butte man who abandoned dozens of cats in a rental house for up to two years has been given a two-year suspended sentence with the Department of Corrections.
- Kittens recovering after being rescued in practice blaze Updated: May-12-16 3:22 am
CLINTON TOWNSHIP, New Jersey - Authorities say seven kittens are recovering after they were rescued by firefighters in New Jersey during a practice fire.
- At Zoo Miami, stray cats pitted against red kangaroos Updated: May-07-16 3:01 am
MIAMI - At Zoo Miami, a debate is raging over the territory one species can rightfully roam. That would be the stray cat.
- South Korea's latest online celebrities: Stray cats eating Updated: May-06-16 1:25 am
JANGSEONG, South Korea - The stars of the latest online trend in South Korea stay out of sight most of the day. Viewers don't seem to mind waiting for hours while nothing happens. When the stray cats finally come to eat the food left out for them, people watching online sit enraptured by their feline charms.
- Dolphin found to have died from parasite found in cats Updated: May-04-16 10:16 am
HONOLULU - Scientists have determined that the death of a spinner dolphin found off Hawaii Island last year was caused by a parasite-borne disease that has threatened Hawaii's monk seal population.
- 4 dogs seized after killing 20 chickens and a cat Updated: May-04-16 7:01 am
BUNNELL, Florida - Animal control officers have seized four dogs after reports that they killed 20 chickens and a cat in a central Florida neighborhood.
- DA: Officer will be cited in cat shooting; no other charges Updated: May-02-16 12:49 pm
EASTON, Pennsylvania - An eastern Pennsylvania prosecutor says a police officer who shot and killed a cat will be cited for cruelty to animals but won't face other charges.
- All but 1 of animals rescued from SUV in Spearfish adopted Updated: Apr-29-16 3:44 pm
SPEARFISH, South Dakota - A year after police found 36 dogs and six cats in the back of an SUV in Spearfish, all but one animal has been adopted.
- Souris Valley Animal Shelter targets feral cats in Minot Updated: Apr-29-16 11:11 am
MINOT, North Dakota - An animal shelter in Minot is targeting feral cats.
- Review: In Key & Peele's 'Keanu,' the true gangster has paws Updated: Apr-28-16 2:13 pm
If you dropped a cute kitten into Michael Mann's "Heat," would Robert De Niro have gone all soft and goo-goo eyed? Might Wesley Snipes' drug empire in "New Jack City" been brought to its knees by a cuddly face with whiskers? Could Al Pacino's rage in "Scarface" have been melted away by a feline "little friend"?
- Animals rescued in Spearfish doing well a year later Updated: Apr-28-16 11:47 am
SPEARFISH, South Dakota - The story could have ended very differently if someone hadn't called for a welfare check in the Wal-Mart parking lot on April 25, 2015.
- Eagle cam catches cat being fed to eaglets Updated: Apr-28-16 11:28 am
PITTSBURGH - Cat lovers may be less inclined to view an online livestream of a family of bald eagles in Pittsburgh after the webcam showed two adult eagles feeding a feline to their eaglets.
- Southeast Boise residents say cats disappearing Updated: Apr-27-16 12:39 pm
BOISE, Idaho - Residents of a southeast Boise neighborhood say at least 25 cats have disappeared from the area in the last few months and are concerned missing cats could be a problem throughout the city.
- Kitten stars of 'Keanu' destined for posh Hollywood futures Updated: Apr-27-16 11:34 am
LOS ANGELES - Anyone who's spent time with a cat might agree with filmmaker Peter Atencio when he says cats are the "15-year-olds of the animal kingdom."