- Toyota robot can pick up after people, help the sick Updated: Jul-30-15 2:58 am
YOKOHAMA, Japan - Toyota's new robot that glides around like R2-D2 is devoted to a single task: picking things up.
- 5 things to know about artificial intelligence and its use Updated: Jul-28-15 6:11 pm
WASHINGTON - In the sci-fi thriller "Ex Machina," the wonders and dangers of artificial intelligence are embodied in a beautiful, cunning android named Ava. She puts her electronic smarts to work with frightening results, manipulating and outwitting her human handlers.
- Auburn students build robot that could have future in retail Updated: Jul-28-15 9:46 am
AUBURN, Alabama - Jianny Five is a docile little robot. Nothing here to fear.
- New Buffalo Trace warehouse uses robotics to sort liquor Updated: Jul-25-15 5:27 pm
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - The Buffalo Trace distillery has a new warehouse that uses robotics for an automated storage and retrieval system. It is thought to be the first distillery in the state to use the technology, which was part of a $20 million investment.
- Dairy farm in northwest Connecticut to milk cows with robots Updated: Jul-18-15 3:15 am
CANAAN, Connecticut - The cows on Freund's Farm are about to trade in their cowbells for transponders, and robots will take over their daily milking.
- As Amazon turns 20, a look at its biggest bets Updated: Jul-16-15 11:56 am
NEW YORK - Amazon has come a long way from selling books out of a Seattle garage.
- Robots do check-in and check-out at cost-cutting Japan hotel Updated: Jul-15-15 9:04 pm
SASEBO, Japan - The English-speaking receptionist is a vicious-looking dinosaur, and the one speaking Japanese is a female humanoid with blinking lashes. "If you want to check in, push one," the dinosaur says. The visitor still has to punch a button on the desk, and type in information on a touch panel screen.
- Robots do check-in and check-out at cost-cutting Japan hotel Updated: Jul-15-15 9:14 am
SASEBO, Japan - From the receptionist that does the check-in and check-out to the porter that's an automated trolley taking luggage up to the room, this hotel in southwestern Japan, aptly called Weird Hotel, is "manned" almost totally by robots to save labor costs.
- Better than friends? This robot gives undivided attention Updated: Jul-13-15 4:53 am
TOKYO - I'm Japanese and so I'm a sucker for cute things, like manga, quirky figurines and mascot characters. And Pepper, the new companion robot from Tokyo-based technology company Softbank Corp., delivers cuteness like you've never seen.
- Woman, 57, killed by robotic machine at factory in Ionia Updated: Jul-08-15 7:11 pm
IONIA, Michigan - Police say a 57-year-old employee at an automotive stamping facility in Michigan died after she got caught in a robotic machine.
- Alaska pipeline inspected by tiny WALL-E look-alike Updated: Jul-06-15 2:20 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - It's not just humans watching over the 800-mile trans-Alaska pipeline, making sure oil continues to pump across the state.