- China's Midea makes $5.2B offer for German robot maker Kuka Updated: May-18-16 8:45 am
HONG KONG - Chinese appliance maker Midea made a $5.2 billion takeover offer Wednesday for German industrial robot maker Kuka, a move that it says would help it capture a larger share of the "future service robots market."
- Startup wants to put self-driving big rigs on US highways Updated: May-17-16 3:05 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Picture an 18-wheel truck barreling down the highway with 80,000 pounds of cargo and no one but a robot at the wheel.
- What effect will robot cars have on traffic congestion? Updated: May-16-16 3:07 am
WASHINGTON - Self-driving cars are expected to usher in a new era of mobility, safety and convenience. The problem, say transportation researchers, is that people will use them too much.
- Brownsville Elementary lauded as innovation incubator Updated: May-08-16 11:59 am
BROWNSVILLE, Washington - Brownsville Elementary second-graders got their first taste of computer programming with Edison, a small robot wobbling inside a thick, black line of magnetic material. Try as he might, he couldn't get out.
- Robot lessons help sick children learn math Updated: May-08-16 3:01 am
ORLANDO, Florida - Fifth-grader Grayson Zrelak crouches over a pint-sized robot in his Longwood dining room and frowns. The bot looks like a tiny Mars rover and is supposed to follow a strip of blue tape along the floor, but each time it hits a right turn, it stops.
- Robot stitches tissue by itself, a step to more automated OR Updated: May-04-16 8:39 pm
WASHINGTON - Getting stitched up by Dr. Robot may one day be reality: Scientists have created a robotic system that did just that in living animals without a real doctor pulling the strings.
- Texas A&M spending $150 million for new research campus Updated: May-02-16 5:59 pm
COLLEGE STATION, Texas - The Texas A&M University System is developing a new research and development campus near its flagship College Station campus to focus on evolving technologies like driverless cars, robotics and materials to fix the country's eroding infrastructure and train people how to use them.
- Astronomy Day helps educate youth about astronomy, space Updated: Apr-30-16 2:11 pm
CLARKSBURG, West Virginia - Students and outer space enthusiasts gathered April 23 at the Gaston Caperton Center for an afternoon of astronomy.
- Preschoolers talk, dance, race collection of automatons Updated: Apr-29-16 5:05 am
COLUMBUS, Indiana - For many kids, robots are intriguing but make-believe creatures that only live on television, where sometimes they seem a little scary.
- Robotics competition brings 29K students to St. Louis Updated: Apr-28-16 2:02 pm
ST. LOUIS - About 29,000 students are participating in a prestigious robotics competition hosted in downtown St. Louis.
- France shows off humanoid underwater exploration robot Updated: Apr-28-16 12:38 pm
MARSEILLE, France - French officials have unveiled a humanoid diving robot that they hope will give a big artificial hand to the practice of underwater archaeology.