- Toshiba's 'scorpion' robot will look into Fukushima reactor Updated: Jun-30-15 11:55 am
YOKOHAMA, Japan - A new robot that raises its tail like a scorpion is scheduled to look at melted nuclear fuel inside one of the three wrecked Fukushima reactors in Japan.
- Duncanville High School student fixes robot for police Updated: Jun-29-15 5:41 pm
DUNCANVILLE, Texas - The Duncanville Police Department's service robot was starting to look like a $10,000 paperweight.
- Softbank's childlike robot with 'heart' set to go on sale Updated: Jun-18-15 5:49 am
URAYASU, Japan - Technology company Softbank's Pepper robot is going on sale in Japan on Saturday, equipped with a "heart" designed to not only recognize human emotions but react with simulations of anger, joy and irritation.
- Russia's new Armata tank: step toward fully robotic vehicles Updated: Jun-12-15 2:28 am
NIZHNY TAGIL, Russia - Russia's new tank, the Armata, is expected to form the backbone of the nation's armed forces for years to come. Its designers say the new machine may evolve into a fully robotic vehicle that could operate autonomously on the battlefield. Here is a look at some of the key features of the new tank:
- South Korean team wins $2M in disaster-response robot test Updated: Jun-07-15 1:47 pm
POMONA, California - The robots drove, walked through rubble, climbed stairs, turned valves and sometimes fell, amid cheers and groans from a crowd of thousands at the Fairplex in Pomona, California.
- Robots compete in response to California disaster simulation Updated: Jun-05-15 6:40 pm
POMONA, California - It's shaping up to be a snail's pace race featuring cutting-edge robots doing simple but critical tasks.