- Former Kentucky guard Ed Davender dies at 49 Updated: Apr-30-16 11:51 am
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - Former Kentucky guard Ed Davender, the only Wildcat with at least 1,500 points and 400 assists, has died. He was 49.
- Former U. Delaware athlete to compete in Olympics Updated: Apr-30-16 11:01 am
NEWARK, Delaware - A former University of Delaware athlete will be competing in this summer's Olympic Games.
- Blazers have proven the doubters wrong into the 2nd round Updated: Apr-30-16 3:31 am
- Column: Cowboys gamble on a bad knee instead of a bad actor Updated: Apr-30-16 3:05 am
If you had a nickel for every time someone in the front office of a pro sports team said "We're not running a charity here," you'd barely have enough to cover the cost of a "Happy Meal."
- Blazers advance 4-2 with 106-103 victory over the Clippers Updated: Apr-30-16 3:01 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - Even as they huddled after the victory that sent them through to the next round, the Portland Trail Blazers were drawing inspiration from the doubters.
- At Illinois, Smith breaks ground he's broken before Updated: Apr-30-16 2:32 am
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - When he took over the Chicago Bears in 2004 and again this spring when Illinois hired him, Lovie Smith broke new ground that came with his title. In each case, he was the team's first black head coach.
- Curry rehabbing right knee several times a day to get back Updated: Apr-30-16 1:28 am
OAKLAND, California - Stephen Curry is rehabbing his injured right knee about three times a day, spending four to five hours at the Warriors' practice facility to try to get back on the court for the defending champions as soon as possible.
- Austin Rivers' face is bloodied in game against Blazers Updated: Apr-30-16 12:13 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - Los Angeles guard Austin Rivers left the Clippers' first-round playoff game against the Portland Trail Blazers on Friday night with a bloody cut above his left eye that required 11 stitches.
- Lakers hire Warriors assistant Luke Walton as head coach Updated: Apr-30-16 12:13 am
LOS ANGELES - Luke Walton is coming home to rebuild the Los Angeles Lakers.
- Former Ohio St star Braxton Miller drafted at WR by Texans Updated: Apr-30-16 12:09 am
HOUSTON - Braxton Miller spent just one year at receiver after two celebrated seasons as Ohio State's quarterback.
- Pacers force Game 7 against Raptors with 101-83 win Updated: Apr-29-16 11:51 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - This time, the Indiana Pacers buckled down and fought back.
- Wade, Heat force Game 7 with 97-90 win over Hornets Updated: Apr-29-16 11:45 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Dwyane Wade hadn't made a 3-point shot since December, enduring a streak of 22 consecutive misses.
- Rockets must find coach in wake of first-round ouster Updated: Apr-29-16 7:32 pm
HOUSTON - The Houston Rockets' season got off to a disappointing start.
- Batum 'running on adrenaline' in Game 6 after birth of child Updated: Apr-29-16 7:18 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Hornets forward Nicolas Batum said he's "running on adrenaline" as he prepares for Game 6 of Charlotte's first-round playoff series against the Miami Heat following the birth of his son early Friday.
- Hofstra, Mihalich agree to extension Updated: Apr-29-16 6:46 pm
HEMPSTEAD, New York - Joe Mihalich has signed a contract extension with Hofstra through the 2020-21 season.
- LeBron 'not fond' of NBA's reviews of officiating Updated: Apr-29-16 6:26 pm
INDEPENDENCE, Ohio - LeBron James isn't a fan of the NBA's officiating reviews.
- Optimism high as Celtics enter a likely active offseason Updated: Apr-29-16 5:59 pm
BOSTON - The emergence of an All-Star and lots of victories made the Celtics one of the biggest surprises in the NBA this season.
- Drug dealers use 'Steph Curry' likeness to market heroin Updated: Apr-29-16 5:28 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Philadelphia drug dealers looking to market their heroin as top of the line are stamping packets with the likeness of Golden State Warriors superstar Steph Curry.
- Vandy forms search committee as it seeks Balcomb's successor Updated: Apr-29-16 5:05 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Vanderbilt has formed a search committee as it seeks a new women's basketball coach to replace Melanie Balcomb.
- Iowa State guard Naz Mitrou-Long granted hardship waiver Updated: Apr-29-16 4:49 pm
AMES, Iowa - Iowa State guard Naz Mitrou-Long has been granted a hardship waiver by the Big 12, making him eligible to play as expected in 2016-17.
- Iowa State's Bill Fennelly, sued by ex-star, defends self Updated: Apr-29-16 4:34 pm
AMES, Iowa - Bill Fennelly defended himself and his coaching style Friday, two weeks after the long-time Iowa State women's basketball coach was sued by a former star player for race discrimination and retaliation.
- Warlick wants Lady Vols to have more consistent work ethic Updated: Apr-29-16 1:34 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - Tennessee coach Holly Warlick wants the Lady Volunteers to develop a more consistent work ethic after a turbulent 2015-16 season.
- Accused Williston teacher and coach pleads not guilty Updated: Apr-29-16 10:26 am
WILLISTON, North Dakota - A Williston teacher and coach accused of a sex crime involving an 18-year-old girl has pleaded not guilty.
- Professional basketball league forming in Great Plains Updated: Apr-29-16 8:30 am
MITCHELL, South Dakota - A professional basketball league is trying to get off the ground in the Great Plains.
- CIAA will stay in North Carolina despite state's LGBT law Updated: Apr-29-16 6:32 am
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - The Central Intercollegiate Athletic Association says it won't move its headquarters, its basketball tournament or other conference championships from North Carolina, despite the state's controversial new LGBT law.