- 9/11 recovery workers: Congress must renew health programs Updated: Sep-03-15 2:34 pm
NEW YORK - Dozens of 9/11 rescue and recovery workers gathered at the World Trade Center site on Thursday to demand that Congress extend programs offering money and free health care to people exposed to toxic dust after the terror attacks.
- Army chaplain wins prize to give 9/11 sermon by ground zero Updated: Aug-28-15 2:48 pm
NEW YORK - An Army chaplain has won a national prize for an original sermon that he will deliver on Sept. 11 at a chapel near ground zero that became a sanctuary of consolation after the terrorist attacks.
- AP-NY--New York News Digest,ADVISORY, 1:30 pm Update, NY Updated: Aug-21-15 2:08 pm
NEW YORK - Members can send stories and tips to email@example.com for upstate and firstname.lastname@example.org for the New York metro area. The New York City desk can be reached at 212-621-1670. The Albany desk can be reached at 518-458-7821. The photo desk is reachable at 212-621-1902. AP stories, along with the photos that accompany them, can also be obtained from http://www.apexchange.com .
- 100s of bikers crossing Maryland on annual Sept. 11 ride Updated: Aug-21-15 3:19 am
HAGERSTOWN, Maryland - Hundreds of motorcyclists are traveling across parts of western Maryland and northern Virginia as part of a Sept. 11 anniversary event.
- Artist sets mammoth task to memorialize 9/11 victims in oil Updated: Aug-15-15 1:04 am
LEESBURG, Florida - A television documentary about the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks stirred the emotions of a Leesburg artist so deeply he has made it his mission to paint portraits of the victims from his garage-turned-art studio.
- Subway car that withstood 9/11 attacks given to Conn. museum Updated: Aug-06-15 8:16 pm
EAST HAVEN, Connecticut - Bagpipers played and emergency responders lined a procession route as a PATH subway car that withstood the 9/11 attack on the World Trade Center was escorted to its new home at a Connecticut museum.