- 3 defendants facing charges in torture plead guilty Updated: Jul-01-15 6:46 am
MOUNT HOLLY, New Jersey - Three of the four relatives facing charges of torturing a New Jersey woman in 2012 and forcing her to drink urine have pleaded guilty.
- Milwaukee man gets 30 years for 'absolute torture' of baby Updated: Jun-25-15 7:16 pm
MILWAUKEE - A judge sentenced a Milwaukee man to just over 30 years in prison Thursday for what she called the "absolute torture" of his baby girl.
- Judge: No torture in case of Detroit boy found in basement Updated: Jun-24-15 5:32 pm
DETROIT - A judge dismissed torture charges Wednesday against the father and stepmother of a Detroit boy found in his basement after 11 days, saying she doesn't believe the story of a child who claimed he was so paralyzed by fear that he couldn't call for help during a highly publicized search by police.
- Law professor to screen applications for Burge reparations Updated: Jun-23-15 4:35 am
CHICAGO - A law professor will review applications for reparations to be paid by a fund for victims of torture at the hands of a Chicago police squad headed by former commander Jon Burge.
- Pennsylvania woman ordered to stand trial in torture death Updated: Jun-19-15 1:51 pm
PITTSBURGH - A western Pennsylvania woman accused of playing a role in the alleged torture and murder of a man during a robbery attempt will stand trial on homicide and other charges.