- Canada police bring charges against Syrian in rendition case Updated: Sep-01-15 2:14 pm
TORONTO - Canada's national police force is charging a former Syrian military intelligence officer for allegedly torturing a Canadian engineer transferred by the U.S. to an overseas detention center.
- Bail denied in kidnapping, torture of jewelry store worker Updated: Aug-26-15 2:23 pm
PHILADELPHIA - A federal judge has denied bail for a man accused of having helped kidnap and torture a Philadelphia jewelry store worker last spring.
- 2 South Texas men indicted in torture of gay man Updated: Aug-17-15 8:32 pm
CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas - Two South Texas men have been indicted on federal hate-crime charges for the March 2012 torture of a gay African-American man in Corpus Christi.
- Iowa duo sentenced for sex trafficking, torture in Virginia Updated: Aug-14-15 1:20 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Two Iowa residents have been sentenced to decades in prison for forcing a young woman into prostitution and torturing her, leaving her with physical and psychological scars that a judge said might never heal.
- Prostitute gets life sentence in Atlanta client's death Updated: Aug-14-15 6:26 am
ATLANTA - A prostitute charged with torturing a client and leaving him to die while bound and gagged has been sentenced to life in prison.
- Iowa duo set for sentencing for sex trafficking in Virginia Updated: Aug-14-15 3:07 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - Federal prosecutors in Virginia say two Iowa residents set for sentencing in a sex trafficking case tortured their victim.
- Conviction of alleged Chicago police torture victim vacated Updated: Aug-12-15 7:59 pm
CHICAGO - An Illinois appeals court on Wednesday vacated the conviction of an alleged Chicago police torture victim who has served nearly 25 years in prison for the 1990 robbery and murder of a cab driver.
- Southern California man sentenced for killing boy, 3 Updated: Aug-07-15 8:42 pm
CORONA, California - A Southern California man who tortured and killed his girlfriend's 3-year-old son has been sentenced to 64 years to life in prison.
- Detroit-area man arrested in the torture, extortion attempt Updated: Aug-03-15 5:36 pm
ROSEVILLE, Michigan - A suburban Detroit man has been arrested after a business associate was held captive and assaulted during an attempt to get $14,000.