- Turkish journalists sentenced over Charlie Hebdo cover Updated: Apr-28-16 11:22 am
ISTANBUL - A court in Istanbul on Thursday sentenced two journalists from a pro-opposition newspaper to two years in prison for publishing French satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo's controversial cover featuring a Prophet Muhammad cartoon, amid rising concerns about freedom of expression in Turkey.
- Defense publisher leaving Hong Kong over safety concerns Updated: Apr-28-16 3:25 am
BEIJING - The publisher of a leading magazine on Chinese and regional defense issues says he's leaving Hong Kong out of concern he could be targeted by China's state security bodies, a further sign of how Beijing's growing presence is chilling the political atmosphere in the territory.
- Al-Qaida says it killed Bangladesh gay activist, friend Updated: Apr-26-16 3:06 pm
NEW DELHI - The Bangladeshi branch of al-Qaida claimed responsibility Tuesday for the killing of a gay rights activist and his friend, undermining the prime minister's insistence just hours earlier that her political opponents were to blame for the attack and for a rising tide of violence against secular activists and writers.
- Report: Russia says athletes have 'moral right' to be in Rio Updated: Apr-23-16 5:10 am
BERLIN - Russia's sports minister is arguing in an interview with a German magazine that his country's athletes have a "moral right" to take part in the Olympics in Rio de Janeiro.
- Judge rejects tabloid's motion to dismiss Blake Shelton suit Updated: Apr-19-16 3:00 pm
LOS ANGELES - Blake Shelton's defamation lawsuit against In Touch Weekly will proceed after a judge Tuesday rejected a motion to dismiss the case by the tabloid's publisher.
- Associated Press, Guardian among top Headliner Award winners Updated: Apr-13-16 2:02 am
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - The Associated Press, The Guardian US, Reveal from The Center for Investigative Reporting and Pittsburgh's WTAE-TV have won top honors as "best of show" winners in the 82nd National Headliner Awards.
- Latest dust-up in plus size wars: Amy Schumer vs. Glamour Updated: Apr-06-16 2:58 pm
NEW YORK - Amy Schumer took to Instagram in a black bikini to - punctuate? - her feelings about being included in a special edition of Glamour aimed at celebrating "chic at any size."
- Gilbert and Torabi to write columns for Winfrey's magazine Updated: Apr-05-16 7:07 am
NEW YORK - "Eat Pray Love" author Elizabeth Gilbert and personal finance author-commentator Farnoosh Torabi will be writing columns for O, the Oprah Magazine.
- New study shows gender gap narrowing in book coverage Updated: Mar-30-16 2:56 pm
NEW YORK - A new study of literary publications finds that men remain the majority of book reviewers and authors reviewed, but the gap is narrowing.
- Former Germany goalkeeper Timo Hildebrand retires Updated: Mar-29-16 9:33 am
MUNICH - Former Germany goalkeeper Timo Hildebrand is ending his career.