- Coastal Carolina stadium expansion funds rejected by state Updated: May-06-16 8:43 am
CONWAY, South Carolina - South Carolina officials have again rejected Coastal Carolina University's request for money to expand its football stadium, something needed so Coastal can play in the Sun Belt Conference.
- TOPS the priority as House lawmakers work on the budget Updated: May-06-16 8:36 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - As House lawmakers work to craft their version of next year's budget, House leaders say the main focus is on protecting the state's TOPS free college tuition program from cuts.
- Vargas inaugurated as Southeast Missouri State president Updated: May-06-16 8:33 am
CAPE GIRARDEAU, Missouri - Southeast Missouri State University's new president says colleges and universities need to remove obstacles in the way of student success.
- More details emerge in deadly shooting near school bus stop Updated: May-06-16 8:32 am
MIDLOTHIAN, Virginia - More details have been released involving a deadly shooting that happened near a school bus stop in Virginia.
- Paterno's son calls 1976 allegation about father 'bunk' Updated: May-06-16 8:27 am
PHILADELPHIA - Joe Paterno's son said Friday that an allegation made by insurers that a boy told the longtime Penn State University football coach in 1976 that he had been molested by former assistant coach Jerry Sandusky is "bunk."
- 4 Radford University students arrested on hazing charges Updated: May-06-16 7:49 am
RADFORD, Virginia - Police in Virginia announced that they've arrested four Radford University fraternity members on hazing charges.
- Cops: Pittsburgh teacher pinned kindergartner with chair Updated: May-06-16 6:41 am
PITTSBURGH - Police say a Pittsburgh teacher has been charged with shoving a kindergartner, pulling a chair out from underneath the girl and pinning her with it before throwing it down on the floor next to her.
- 6 people, likely all from 1 family, killed in Syracuse fire Updated: May-06-16 6:27 am
SYRACUSE, New York - Authorities say six people have died in a house fire in New York, and they believe all the victims were members of the same family.
- Penn State expected to pass plan to allow alcohol sales Updated: May-06-16 6:22 am
STATE COLLEGE, Pennsylvania - A committee of Penn State trustees says some fans should be able to buy alcohol at the university's football and basketball stadiums, as well as other athletic facilities.
- East Aurora schools investigating online grading errors Updated: May-06-16 6:13 am
AURORA, Illinois - Grades for thousands of students in East Aurora School District 131 could be incorrect because of the faulty setup of an online grading system.
- Memphis schools appeal charter revocation Updated: May-06-16 5:56 am
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - Two charter school operators are appealing the Shelby County Schools board's revocation of their charters.
- Teen accused of shooting Phoenix student charged as adult Updated: May-06-16 5:33 am
PHOENIX - A teenager accused of shooting and wounding a high school student in Phoenix has been charged as an adult.
- Alaska schools can make own rules on transgender athletes Updated: May-06-16 5:29 am
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Alaska's governing body for high school activities says it's leaving it up to schools to decide which teams transgender students can compete on.
- Board terminates contract of Michigan school's president Updated: May-06-16 5:29 am
BENTON HARBOR, Michigan - The board of a college in southwestern Michigan has voted to terminate the contract of the school's new president because of unapproved spending and improper management.
- Fairbanks woman named state's top secondary school principal Updated: May-06-16 5:26 am
FAIRBANKS, Alaska - A Fairbanks principal has been named Alaska Secondary School Principal of the Year.
- More than 700 to graduate at Mississippi College ceremonies Updated: May-06-16 4:30 am
CLINTON, Mississippi - The leader of the Mississippi Baptist Convention will keynote Mississippi College's commencement Saturday.
- NY school poised for deep clean after students get norovirus Updated: May-06-16 3:32 am
BAYPORT, New York - Officials say a Long Island high school has been cleaned and disinfected after several students who recently returned from a trip to Spain contracted norovirus.
- Boy, 14, denies charge after slew of threats to Ohio schools Updated: May-06-16 3:26 am
LEBANON, Ohio - A 14-year-old boy in juvenile court has denied a charge of inducing panic after a slew of recent bomb threats in a southwest Ohio school district.
- Judge to consider timing of Trump University trial Updated: May-06-16 3:00 am
SAN DIEGO - U.S. District Judge Gonzalo Curiel has said he wanted a trial by the middle of this year in a federal class-action lawsuit against Donald Trump by students of Trump University who say they were defrauded. That was before the real estate mogul appeared headed for the Republican presidential nomination.
- Triplets born prematurely set to graduate at top of class Updated: May-06-16 2:27 am
SAUGATUCK, Michigan - Triplets born 15 weeks premature in 1997 are set to graduate at their top of their class at a western Michigan high school.
- Detroit students attend construction career event in Howell Updated: May-06-16 2:15 am
HOWELL, Michigan - Students from Detroit are attending the 2016 Michigan Construction Career Days event in Howell to work with those in the industry and learn about careers.
- Chinese province orders religion out of school Updated: May-06-16 2:08 am
BEIJING - A heavily Muslim Chinese province has demanded strict adherence to a ban on religion in schools after a video circulated online in which a kindergartener recites verses from the Quran.
- Michigan State senior puts parking tickets on graduation cap Updated: May-06-16 2:06 am
EAST LANSING, Michigan - A graduating senior at Michigan State University has used parking tickets to decorate her green graduation cap in the form of a Spartan block "S."
- Past president of US Bar Association speaks at U of SC Updated: May-06-16 12:59 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - University of South Carolina trustee William Hubbard is scheduled to address graduates of the University of South Carolina.
- Entertainer Sheryl Underwood speaks at SC State commencement Updated: May-06-16 12:58 am
ORANGEBURG, South Carolina - Sheryl Underwood, one of the panelists on the CBS show "The Talk," is delivering the commencement address at South Carolina State University.