- Rocket with secret payload launches from California coast Updated: Oct-08-15 2:27 pm
VANDENBERG AIR FORCE BASE, California - A rocket carrying a secret payload for the U.S. government has successfully launched from the central California coast.
- Rocket launched from Wallops to test motor, other technology Updated: Oct-08-15 8:02 am
WALLOPS ISLAND, Virginia - NASA says preliminary indications show that a modified motor performed as planned during a test flight.
- Russian supply ship docks at space station Updated: Oct-01-15 7:09 pm
MOSCOW - An unmanned Russian cargo ship has docked with the International Space Station, bringing the astronauts aboard 2.3 tons (2.5 short tons) of supplies ranging from air to garlic.
- India successfully launches its first space observatory Updated: Sep-28-15 7:58 am
NEW DELHI - India successfully launched its first space observatory and six satellites into orbit on Monday, officials said, the latest step forward for a country looking to become a major player in the lucrative space market.
- S. Korea readies for reunions amid N. Korea's rocket threats Updated: Sep-19-15 5:34 am
SEOUL, South Korea - South Korea is moving ahead with preparations for reunions of families separated by the 1950-53 Korean War despite rival North Korea talking about new rocket launches and nuclear tests.
- China to respond firmly to any North Korea nuke test Updated: Sep-18-15 8:42 pm
BEIJING - If North Korea launches a rocket into space or conducts a nuclear test in the coming weeks, as observers suspect it may, China is certain to respond angrily, and perhaps with an unprecedented level of economic punishment. The question is whether North Korea can be swayed even by its most important ally.
- Report: Orbital faces risks in resuming space station runs Updated: Sep-17-15 3:18 pm
CAPE CANAVERAL, Florida - One of NASA's two commercial suppliers, Virginia-based Orbital, faces an uphill struggle in resuming deliveries to the International Space Station, according to a government report issued Thursday.
- Russian who 'saved the world' recalls his decision as 50/50 Updated: Sep-17-15 2:22 am
FRYAZINO, Russia - The elderly former Soviet military officer who answers the door is known in the West as "The man who saved the world."
- With a rocket's red glare? N. Korea gears up for major fete Updated: Sep-16-15 10:41 pm
PYONGYANG, North Korea - China just put on a big military parade, a few months after Russia did the same. But there's no country more adept at putting on elaborate, massive displays of state power than North Korea, the undisputed goose-stepping capital of the world, and next month, Pyongyang will stage what is likely to be its biggest celebration in years.
- NKorea warns it has restarted all nuclear bomb fuel plants Updated: Sep-15-15 3:40 pm
PYONGYANG, North Korea - With a big anniversary drawing near, North Korea declared Tuesday it has upgraded and restarted all of its atomic fuel plants - meaning it could possibly make more, and more sophisticated, nuclear weapons.
- Bezos' space company to build, launch rockets in Florida Updated: Sep-15-15 3:26 pm
CAPE CANAVERAL, Florida - Amazon founder Jeff Bezos is shipping his space business to Florida.