- Ex-Arrow Trucking CEO sentenced for fraud, tax evasion Updated: Oct-09-15 7:08 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - The former CEO and president of Arrow Trucking Company in Tulsa has been sentenced to seven-and-a-half-years in prison for fraud and tax evasion.
- Poplarville man indicted on 3 counts of embezzlement Updated: Oct-09-15 5:54 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - A Pearl River County grand jury has indicted a Poplarville man on three counts of embezzlement.
- US Border Patrol agent pleads not guilty in shooting of teen Updated: Oct-09-15 5:39 pm
TUCSON, Arizona - A U.S. Border Patrol agent charged with second-degree murder in the fatal cross-border shooting of a Mexican teen pleaded not guilty in federal court Friday.
- South Dakota tribal officials accused of stealing money Updated: Oct-09-15 5:13 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - Current and former officials of the Sisseton-Wahpeton Oyate are facing federal charges for writing themselves checks for more than $50,000 from a tribal account for expenses that were not justified, according to an indictment filed this week in U.S. District Court in South Dakota.
- Ex-cop accused of hitting man pleads guilty to lesser charge Updated: Oct-09-15 5:11 pm
PITTSBURGH - A former Pennsylvania officer has agreed to never again work as a policeman in return for his guilty plea to a reduced, misdemeanor charge that he violated the civil rights of a man he threw to the ground and slugged.
- Perry hearing before top Texas appeals court delayed 2 weeks Updated: Oct-09-15 4:58 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Texas' highest criminal court is delaying for two weeks its hearing on whether former Gov. Rick Perry should be prosecuted on felony abuse-of-power charges.
- Woman charged with contaminating son's hospital feeding tube Updated: Oct-09-15 4:21 pm
CINCINNATI - A New York woman has been indicted in Ohio on charges that she injected something into her 4-year-old son's hospital feeding tube that made him sicker, authorities said Friday.
- Man indicted for murder after fatal stabbing at church Updated: Oct-09-15 3:53 pm
ASHEVILLE, North Carolina - A federal grand jury has indicted a man on a first-degree murder count in connection with a fatal stabbing inside a church on the Cherokee Indian Reservation.
- Corruption arraignment Tuesday for ex-Chicago schools CEO Updated: Oct-09-15 12:56 pm
CHICAGO - The former CEO of Chicago Public Schools will be arraigned Tuesday in federal court on corruption charges.
- Boston man, 27, indicted in crash that killed bicyclist, 18 Updated: Oct-09-15 8:29 am
BOSTON - A Boston man has been indicted on charges stemming from a crash that killed an 18-year-old bicyclist.
- Woman indicted in Little Rock fraud case totaling $580,000 Updated: Oct-09-15 6:43 am
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - A former security guard at the Federal Building in Little Rock is accused of submitting 24 fraudulent claims to the Arkansas Department of Human Resources to receive nearly $580,000.
- Woman indicted in death of toddler left in day care van Updated: Oct-09-15 5:18 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - The former owner of an unlicensed Baton Rouge day care has been indicted in the June 5 death of a 22-month-old girl left unattended on a 92-degree day in a day care van.
- Man indicted in August slaying in Salisbury Updated: Oct-08-15 8:17 pm
SALISBURY, Maryland - Maryland State Police say a man has been indicted on murder charges in the fatally shooting of a man in Salisbury.
- Sheriff's office withdrawing from accrediting agency Updated: Oct-08-15 7:59 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - An embattled Oklahoma sheriff's office said it has withdrawn from a national law enforcement accrediting agency after its sheriff was indicted by a grand jury called to investigate the agency after a volunteer deputy fatally shot an unarmed man in April.
- Ex-Chicago Public Schools leader charged with corruption Updated: Oct-08-15 7:13 pm
CHICAGO - The former CEO of Chicago Public Schools plans to plead guilty to corruption charges announced Thursday that allege she helped steer more than $23 million worth of no-bid contracts to education companies in exchange for hundreds of thousands of dollars in bribes and kickbacks.
- Indictment: Doctor falsely reported wedding expenses to IRS Updated: Oct-08-15 5:12 pm
ABERDEEN, South Dakota - A pain management physician who practiced in South Dakota for several years has been indicted after authorities accused her of falsely reporting at least $56,000 of wedding-related and other expenses as business costs.
- The Latest: Chicago Public Schools mum on indictment Updated: Oct-08-15 4:58 pm
CHICAGO - The latest on the indictment of former Chicago Public Schools CEO Barbara Byrd-Bennett, following a federal investigation into a $20 million no-bid contract (all times local):
- West Tennessee woman indicted in boys' deaths Updated: Oct-08-15 4:28 pm
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - A West Tennessee woman has been indicted in the deaths of two 11-year-old boys who were hit by her vehicle after it jumped a curb.
- Missouri man indicted in $2 million fraud scheme Updated: Oct-08-15 2:08 pm
ST. LOUIS - A south-central Missouri man has been indicted by a federal grand jury for a fraud scheme that allegedly duped at least 24 investors of more than $2 million.
- Republican senator says he'll run for Washington auditor Updated: Oct-08-15 12:50 pm
OLYMPIA, Washington - A state senator says he's running to replace indicted state Auditor Troy Kelley.
- Chanute man indicted in illegal gun silencers case Updated: Oct-07-15 4:00 am
WICHITA, Kansas - A 44-year-old Chanute man has been indicted on charges of manufacturing and selling gun silencers illegally.
- New York man indicted in credit card fraud case Updated: Oct-07-15 3:20 am
WHEELING, West Virginia - A New York man has been indicted in West Virginia in a credit card fraud case.
- 11 inmates indicted in July 1 riot at prison in Kingman Updated: Oct-06-15 9:36 pm
KINGMAN, Arizona - Eleven inmates have been indicted on charges stemming from the riots at a private prison in Kingman in early July, prosecutors said Tuesday.
- DA: Doctor indicted in $150M insurance fraud not in custody Updated: Oct-06-15 12:03 pm
LOS ANGELES - Los Angeles prosecutors say the doctor who orchestrated a $150 million insurance fraud scheme and allowed his assistant to perform surgeries is not in custody in Germany as they had previously reported.
- Openly gay lawmaker challenging indicted Philly congressman Updated: Oct-06-15 10:16 am
PHILADELPHIA - Pennsylvania's first openly gay elected state lawmaker is challenging a longtime Philadelphia congressman who's vowing to remain in office while fighting corruption charges.