- Ex-officer indicted for fabrications found dead at his home Updated: Nov-26-15 3:54 pm
MILLIS, Massachusetts - A former police officer fired and indicted for fabricating a story about a shootout with a mystery gunman in September and calling in a fake bomb threat to the high school was found dead at his home on Thanksgiving.
- Grand jury indicts 2 in death of off-duty police officer Updated: Nov-25-15 6:23 pm
BAIRD, Texas - A West Texas grand jury has returned a murder indictment against two suspects in the strangulation death of an off-duty Abilene police officer.
- Correction: Ferguson-Year Later-No Indictment story Updated: Nov-25-15 2:25 pm
FERGUSON, Missouri - In a story Nov. 23 about the anniversary of the grand jury's decision not to charge a Ferguson, Missouri, police officer in the killing of an unarmed black 18-year-old, The Associated Press erroneously reported that Cerner Corp. is adding 200 jobs to the Ferguson economy. It is not, but another company, Centene Corp., is doing that.
- Deputy indicted on assault charges in videotaped kicking Updated: Nov-25-15 12:59 pm
BRIGHTON, Colorado - An Adams County sheriff's deputy seen on video kicking a man who was being arrested outside a bar has been indicted on assault charges.
- Federal indictment returned in Neola bank robbery Updated: Nov-25-15 11:45 am
DES MOINES, Iowa - A Council Bluffs man has been indicted on one count of bank robbery in federal court in Des Moines.
- Husband, wife indicted for Medicaid fraud Updated: Nov-25-15 6:43 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - A husband and wife have been arrested after being indicted on two counts each of felonious identity theft and two counts each of felonious Medicaid fraud.
- Woman charged with cheating immigrants out of thousands Updated: Nov-25-15 4:45 am
SMITHTOWN, New York - A Long Island woman has pleaded not guilty to charges she took thousands from immigrants who entered the country illegally, but didn't work to get them visas or citizenship papers.
- Pastor among 8 indicted in fatal New York church beating Updated: Nov-24-15 8:54 pm
UTICA, New York - The pastor of an insular New York church where a young man was beaten to death and his younger brother seriously injured was among seven people charged Tuesday with murder.
- Federal grand jury indicts Beckley doctor on drug charges Updated: Nov-24-15 5:47 pm
BECKLEY, West Virginia - A federal grand jury has indicted a Beckley pain clinic doctor whose office was raided by authorities earlier this month.
- 19-year-old Memphis woman charged in death of toddler son Updated: Nov-24-15 5:45 pm
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - A 19-year-old West Tennessee woman accused of killing her toddler son by putting him under a mattress to discipline him has been indicted on a first-degree murder charge.
- Man accused of assaulting customs officer at Atlanta airport Updated: Nov-24-15 3:36 pm
ATLANTA - Federal prosecutors say a man is charged with assaulting a customs officer at Atlanta's airport.
- Towson diving coach charged after phone found in locker room Updated: Nov-24-15 10:35 am
TOWSON, Maryland - Officials at Towson University say the school's head diving coach has been indicted on charges in connection with a cellphone found in a women's locker room.
- Thailand indicts 2 for deadly Bangkok bombing Updated: Nov-24-15 3:39 am
BANGKOK - A Thai military court on Tuesday indicted two foreigners accused of carrying out a deadly bombing at a shrine in Bangkok but questions hang over the case because of the attackers' unclear motive and an opaque investigation.
- 2 North Texas detention officers indicted in inmate's death Updated: Nov-23-15 8:47 pm
FORT WORTH, Texas - A grand jury indicted two North Texas detention officers Monday in connection with the death of a man who died while in custody at the Arlington city jail.
- Grand jury indicts man in death of Houston-area deputy Updated: Nov-23-15 4:50 pm
HOUSTON - The man accused of repeatedly shooting a Houston-area sheriff's deputy at a gas station has been indicted on a capital murder charge.
- Georgia man indicted for drug trafficking in Delaware Updated: Nov-23-15 3:34 pm
WILMINGTON, Delaware - A Georgia man has been indicted on charges of trafficking heroin and cocaine in Delaware.
- Inmate indicted in slaying at prison in western Maryland Updated: Nov-23-15 12:09 pm
CUMBERLAND, Maryland - An inmate faces a first-degree murder charge in the slaying of his cellmate at a state prison in western Maryland.
- 2 Swedes indicted over killings in Syria, on terror charges Updated: Nov-23-15 9:51 am
HELSINKI - Swedish prosecutors have indicted two men in the southwestern city of Goteborg on terrorism charges, also accusing them of two killings in Syria.
- Pascagoula woman indicted in sex crimes involving teenager Updated: Nov-23-15 5:52 am
PASCAGOULA, Mississippi - A Jackson County grand jury has indicted a 25-year-old Pascagoula woman on charges she had sex with a 13-year-old.
- New York businessman charged with fraud, money laundering Updated: Nov-23-15 3:31 am
BUFFALO, New York - A western New York businessman is accused of trying to cheat the IRS using shell companies and multiple bank and trust accounts.
- Feds indict 8 for trafficking marijuana in New Mexico Updated: Nov-21-15 12:07 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Federal prosecutors have indicted eight people, including a husband and wife who operate an Albuquerque restaurant, for allegedly trafficking marijuana and laundering the proceeds through their businesses since 2008.
- Ex-Rhode Island man sought in child support case Updated: Nov-21-15 11:25 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Federal prosecutors say an arrest warrant has been issued for a former Jamestown man who is accused of owing more than $250,000 in child support payments for his three children.
- Vatican indicts 5 in Vatileaks case Updated: Nov-21-15 11:23 am
MILAN - A Vatican judge on Saturday indicted five people, including two journalists and a high-ranking Vatican monsignor, in a scandal involving leaked documents that informed two books alleging financial malfeasance in the Roman Catholic church bureaucracy.
- Charlotte man indicted for role in theft of $1M Updated: Nov-21-15 10:48 am
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - A Charlotte man has been indicted for his role in stealing $1 million from 90 accounts at the financial services company TIAA-CREF.
- Federal investigators probe busy court clerk's office Updated: Nov-20-15 8:04 pm
CHICAGO - Federal prosecutors announced the indictment Friday of a low-level employee in the Cook County Circuit Clerk's office, acknowledging for the first time an investigation of the office that oversees the processing of legal papers of more than 2.4 million cases each year.