- House Speaker Hubbard seeks delay in his ethics trial Updated: Aug-03-15 8:43 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Alabama House Speaker Mike Hubbard has asked judge to postpone his October trial on ethics charges.
- The Latest: Authorities looking at retaliation as a motive Updated: Aug-03-15 8:30 pm
CANTON, Mississippi - The latest on a fatal shooting outside a Mississippi courthouse (all times local):
- Former N. Carolina employees union leader accused of fraud Updated: Aug-03-15 8:01 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - The former executive director of a government employee union has been indicted on fraud-related charges involving more than $570,000 while at the State Employees Association of North Carolina over five years.
- Texas attorney general accused of lying to investors Updated: Aug-03-15 7:27 pm
McKINNEY, Texas - Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton had an investment opportunity: a tech startup making data servers. He told people he had put his own money into Servergy Inc., according to prosecutors, and helped persuade a state lawmaker and another wealthy businessman to buy more than $100,000 in shares.
- Q&A: A look at the indictment of Texas' attorney general Updated: Aug-03-15 7:20 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton is charged with three felony counts of securities fraud in an indictment unsealed Monday. Here's a closer look at what the case against him means.
- Pennsylvania resident guilty in Chinese test-taking plot Updated: Aug-03-15 5:23 pm
PITTSBURGH - A Chinese citizen who lives in western Pennsylvania has pleaded guilty to charges she used phony passports to take English-language fluency tests used for college entrance purposes for two other Chinese women, including one now enrolled at Virginia Tech.
- Former Ala deputy charged in alleged beating Updated: Aug-03-15 5:15 pm
HUNTSVILLE, Alabama - A former Alabama sheriff's deputy faces federal charges of assaulting a man and trying to cover it up.
- The Latest: Defense lawyer says Texas AG to plead not guilty Updated: Aug-03-15 3:27 pm
McKINNEY, Texas - The latest on Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton, who has been charged with felony securities fraud (all times local):
- Fattah vows re-election bid despite racketeering indictment Updated: Aug-03-15 2:04 pm
PHILADELPHIA - U.S. Rep Chaka Fattah is vowing to run for re-election next year despite a federal racketeering indictment and says he expects to resume his leadership position on a powerful congressional committee by year's end.
- Indictment: Home health care aide stole thousands from woman Updated: Aug-02-15 3:08 pm
CAMDEN, New Jersey - A home health care aide who allegedly stole thousands of dollars from an elderly client has been indicted on a theft charge.
- Clovis man is indicted on 1st-degree murder in 2002 shooting Updated: Aug-01-15 5:04 am
CLOVIS, New Mexico - A Clovis man has been indicted on a first-degree murder charge in a 2002 shooting case.
- Judge approves place for Mel Reynolds to stay while on bond Updated: Jul-31-15 6:37 pm
CHICAGO - A federal judge has approved a long-term residence for former U.S. Rep. Mel Reynolds to stay while free on bond on tax charges.
- Indicted ex-coal chief asks to take NC business trip Updated: Jul-31-15 5:53 pm
BECKLEY, West Virginia - Former Massey Energy CEO Don Blankenship wants a judge to let him take a business trip to North Carolina.
- Correction: Drug Indictments Story Updated: Jul-31-15 5:40 pm
WHITE PLAINS, New York - In a story and headline July 28 about federal indictments, The Associated Press erroneously reported that one defendant was accused of running a heroin distribution ring while he was in state prison. During the time covered by the indictment, the defendant was in the Sullivan County Jail, not state prison.
- Indictment: Former Texas surgeon so derelict he left 2 dead Updated: Jul-31-15 3:37 pm
DALLAS - A former Dallas neurosurgeon has been described by state regulators as so derelict during operations that his actions led to the deaths of two patients and left others with disabling injuries in what's seen as one of the worst recent cases of malpractice in Texas.
- Ex-hospital tech charged with performing faulty cancer tests Updated: Jul-31-15 3:31 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - A former Pennsylvania hospital employee has been indicted on charges he performed flawed genetic tests on 124 late-stage cancer patients and then lied about it.
- 2 indicted in killings of Metairie man and his son Updated: Jul-31-15 8:13 am
GRETNA, Louisiana - A Jefferson Parish grand jury has returned a 23-count indictment against two New Orleans residents accused of killing a Metairie man and his son during a home invasion in April.
- Huntsville police officer convicted in beating, cover up Updated: Jul-30-15 9:26 pm
HUNTSVILLE, Alabama - A Huntsville police officer has been convicted in federal court of beating a man during a December 2011 arrest and lying to try covering it up.
- Anchor denies sham Porsche sale; congressman husband charged Updated: Jul-30-15 4:48 pm
PHILADELPHIA - A Philadelphia news anchor says authorities were wrong to cite the sale of her Porsche as evidence of wrongdoing in the indictment of her congressman husband.
- Indictment in Mother's Day killing seen by victim's daughter Updated: Jul-30-15 4:17 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A Rhode Island man has been indicted on murder and other charges in the fatal stabbing of a woman in front of her daughter on Mother's Day.
- Indictment against ex-coach dismissed in eastern Kentucky Updated: Jul-30-15 4:04 pm
HARLAN, Kentucky - An eastern Kentucky judge has dismissed an indictment that was brought last fall against a former Harlan County High School basketball coach.
- Former police officer indicted on theft, extortion charges Updated: Jul-30-15 3:56 pm
PRATTVILLE, Alabama - A former police officer accused of stealing prescription medication from a pharmacy has been indicted by an Autauga County grand jury.
- Contempt filings dropped against reporters covering Hastert Updated: Jul-30-15 3:32 pm
CHICAGO - Two national television reporters cited for violating media security rules at former U.S. House Speaker Dennis Hastert's arraignment last month won't face sanctions after their attorneys apologized to a judge.
- Indictments issued in 2 child deaths Updated: Jul-30-15 1:22 pm
DOVER, Delaware - Delaware authorities say two women have been indicted in separate cases involving the deaths of two children in Sussex County.
- Eddington man charged with injuring baby son indicted Updated: Jul-30-15 6:52 am
BANGOR, Maine - An Eddington man has been indicted on charges of aggravated assault and domestic violence assault on a child for allegedly injuring his baby son.