- Hearing in lawsuit for Cubans who climbed Keys lighthouse Updated: May-27-16 4:52 am
MIAMI - A hearing is set in a lawsuit filed on behalf of a group of Cuban migrants seeking to remain in the U.S. after they climbed onto a lighthouse several miles off the Florida Keys.
- Arrest made 4 years after Monroe banker found dead in well Updated: May-27-16 4:41 am
LEXINGTON, Georgia - An Athens man has been arrested on murder charges more than four years after his business partner's body was found in a well.
- Florence attorney arrested on human trafficking charges Updated: May-27-16 4:35 am
FLORENCE, Alabama - A Florence attorney and an 83-year-old man are each facing multiple charges of human trafficking.
- Miami police seek suspect in home invasion, sexual assault Updated: May-27-16 4:35 am
MIAMI - Authorities are searching for a suspect who they say used a gun to break into a Miami home, where he robbed and sexually assaulted three residents.
- Bill would end possible jail time for underage drinkers Updated: May-27-16 4:31 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Lawmakers don't think underage drinkers should face jail time.
- Ruling: Boy shouldn't have been tried as adult for murder Updated: May-27-16 4:22 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - The Oregon Supreme Court has ruled that a Washington County judge erred in 2011 when he allowed a 13-year-old boy to be tried as an adult for aggravated murder.
- House halts bid to create 3-year mandatory minimum sentences Updated: May-27-16 4:21 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Lawmakers in the Louisiana House have rejected a proposal to require a minimum three-year prison sentence in certain criminal cases, saying it would take too much power away from local judges.
- Testimony continues in trial of Alabama House speaker Updated: May-27-16 4:16 am
OPELIKA, Alabama - Prosecutors are nearing the end of the first week of testimony in their ethics case against Alabama House Speaker Mike Hubbard.
- In police cases, black activists push reforms outside court Updated: May-27-16 3:59 am
BALTIMORE - Black activists in Baltimore and beyond say they are disappointed but not discouraged after neither of the first two police officers to stand trial in the death of a man who was injured in the back of a police van was convicted.
- 2 California cities prepare for Trump visits, protesters Updated: May-27-16 3:43 am
FRESNO, California - Two California cities are gearing up for visits by Donald Trump and the possibility of protests Friday, following similar events around the country that led to violence and arrests.
- Closing arguments next in 'Shield' actor's murder trial Updated: May-27-16 3:41 am
LOS ANGELES - Closing arguments are scheduled on Friday in the murder trial of Michel Jace, who played a police officer on television, with dueling portrayals of the actor presented to a jury.
- Authorities investigating after bus hits, kills 82-year-old Updated: May-27-16 3:35 am
WEST ORANGE, New Jersey - Authorities are investigating after an 82-year-old woman was hit by a charter bus in New Jersey and died.
- Woman killed, 2 children injured in stabbing Updated: May-27-16 3:34 am
MILTON-FREEWATER, Oregon - Authorities say a 26-year-old man has been arrested after a stabbing in Umatilla County left one woman dead and two children wounded.
- Man declared incompetent in stabbing death of stepfather Updated: May-27-16 3:31 am
HAMILTON, Ohio - A southwest Ohio man charged with murder in the stabbing death of his stepfather has been declared incompetent to stand trial.
- Court rules against Vermont Yankee in overtime pay lawsuit Updated: May-27-16 3:20 am
BURLINGTON, Vermont - A federal appeals court has ruled against Entergy Vermont Yankee in a lawsuit brought by four employees who say they are owed more than 5,500 hours in overtime pay.
- Air France workers on trial for assaulting executives Updated: May-27-16 3:10 am
BOBIGNY, France - Air France union members are facing trial over a violent protest against job cuts that left two executives fleeing under police cover with their shirts ripped off.
- Man found guilty in fatal shooting of Dodge City woman Updated: May-27-16 2:58 am
DODGE CITY, Kansas - A man charged in the 2014 fatal shooting of a Dodge City woman has been found guilty of second-degree murder.
- Man accused in harassing calls to former teacher sentenced Updated: May-27-16 2:53 am
HOWELL, Michigan - A 51-year-old man accused of making harassing phone calls to a woman living in Livingston County who was his teacher has pleaded guilty.
- 3 Cambodian commandos jailed for attack on legislators Updated: May-27-16 2:35 am
PHNOM PENH, Cambodia - A Cambodian court on Friday convicted three military commandos of beating up two opposition lawmakers outside the parliament last year, and sentenced them to one year each in prison. The legislators' lawyer called the punishment too lenient.
- News Guide: Review finds Baylor disregarded sexual assault Updated: May-27-16 2:23 am
DALLAS - After months of silence, Baylor University responded to mounting criticism of its handling of accusations of sexual assaults and other attacks by football players by demoting its president, Ken Starr, and firing its football coach, Art Briles.
- Baylor looks to rebuild after report on sex assaults Updated: May-27-16 2:21 am
AUSTIN, Texas - Baylor University will be looking to rebuild its reputation and perhaps its football program after an outside review found administrators mishandled allegations of sexual assault and the team ran with an attitude that it was above the rules.
- Woman convicted in death of former co-worker in Fort Worth Updated: May-27-16 2:19 am
FORT WORTH, Texas - A woman charged in connection to the death of a former co-worker who was beaten, bound, strangled and set afire has been found guilty.
- Churchgoer charged in Sunday service slaying headed to trial Updated: May-27-16 2:12 am
NORRISTOWN, Pennsylvania - A suburban Philadelphia church member has been ordered to stand trial on charges that he shot a fellow churchgoer to death after the victim became verbally disruptive during Sunday services and punched the man in the face.
- Man sentenced in death of Talala man found along highway Updated: May-27-16 2:00 am
TULSA, Oklahoma - A man charged in the death of a Talala man who had been missing has been sentenced to life in prison.
- NY caregiver gets probation for sex abuse of disabled woman Updated: May-27-16 12:24 am
ALBANY, New York - A 58-year-old former caregiver has been sentenced to six years of probation and will register as a sex offender following his guilty plea for sexually abusing a disabled woman in western New York.