- Sikeston police investigating YMCA videotaping case Updated: Feb-06-16 1:50 pm
SIKESTON, Missouri - A 19-year-old southeast Missouri man faces charges accusing him of videotaping a man in a YMCA restroom.
- Kansas student newspaper sues administrators Updated: Feb-06-16 1:49 pm
LAWRENCE, Kansas - The student newspaper at the University of Kansas has filed a lawsuit accusing university administrators of approving funding cuts to the newspaper that were enacted after an editorial critical of the student Senate.
- Man takes 12 ½-year deal after self-defense claim rejected Updated: Feb-06-16 1:47 pm
GREENWOOD, South Carolina - A man has been ordered to spend 12 ½ years in prison after taking a plea deal in a fatal shooting at a Greenwood nightclub.
- Deputies won't name 2 suspects in death of man in river Updated: Feb-06-16 1:39 pm
DILLON, South Carolina - Dillon County deputies say they have made two arrests in the killing of a North Carolina man whose body was found in a car submerged in the Little Pee Dee River.
- Police arrest man in shooting death of carjacking suspect Updated: Feb-06-16 1:38 pm
ANTIOCH, California - Police in Northern California say they have arrested a man in the shooting death of a carjacking suspect who allegedly stole his car at gunpoint.
- Midland police use social media to arrest indecency suspect Updated: Feb-06-16 1:37 pm
MIDLAND, Texas - A social media posting by West Texas police has led to an arrest in an indecent exposure case after the alleged victim took photos of the fleeing suspect.
- Snowplow schemer to get parole in western New York case Updated: Feb-06-16 1:36 pm
ROCHESTER, New York - A man behind a snowplowing scam that victimized over 200 people in western New York has been granted parole.
- Mentally ill man who killed wife won't get her pension Updated: Feb-06-16 1:35 pm
OLYMPIA, Washington - A man who was found not guilty of his wife's death by reason of mental insanity will not get her pension under a judge's ruling.
- The Latest: Oregon police officer shot and killed in Seaside Updated: Feb-06-16 1:27 pm
SEASIDE, Oregon - The Latest on the shooting of a police officer in Seaside, Oregon (all times local):
- Westerfield man pleads guilty to sexually abusing girl Updated: Feb-06-16 1:23 pm
LE MARS, Iowa - A Westfield man has pleaded guilty to sexually abusing a young girl.
- Sheriff: Feds investigating Milwaukee County deputy Updated: Feb-06-16 1:07 pm
MILWAUKEE - The Milwaukee County Sheriff's Office has placed a deputy on administrative duty after learning the deputy is under federal investigation.
- 2 men convicted of trying to kill deputy during robbery Updated: Feb-06-16 1:04 pm
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - A jury has convicted two Kansas men of attempted murder and other charges for allegedly shooting a deputy sheriff several times while robbing a convenience store last March.
- Man returned to Iowa after 16 years on lam sent to prison Updated: Feb-06-16 12:59 pm
SIOUX CITY, Iowa - A man who fled the country 16 years ago to avoid prosecution for sexually abusing two girls has been sentenced to 20 years in prison.
- Iowa man accused of tossing tomatoes at Trump to stand trial Updated: Feb-06-16 12:54 pm
IOWA CITY, Iowa - An Iowa City man accused of throwing two tomatoes at GOP presidential candidate Donald Trump will stand trial in the case.
- Lockport triple murder trial delayed for fifth time Updated: Feb-06-16 12:52 pm
THIBODAUX, Louisiana - The first-degree murder trial for a man accused of stabbing a Lockport woman and her two daughters has been delayed for the fifth time.
- Man gets 42-year state prison sentence for fatal shooting Updated: Feb-06-16 12:48 pm
PLAINFIELD, New Jersey - Prosecutors say a man who fatally shot another man after they argued at a northern New Jersey restaurant has been sentenced to 42 years in state prison.
- 1 of 2 defendants pleads guilty in slaying of teacher Updated: Feb-06-16 12:45 pm
LANCASTER, Pennsylvania - One of two defendants charged in the slaying of an elementary school teacher during a burglary of her central Pennsylvania home has pleaded guilty to first-degree murder and other charges.
- Police seek suspect in Des Moines stabbing, robbery Updated: Feb-06-16 12:45 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Des Moines police are still searching for a suspect in the stabbing of a man during a robbery.
- Italy demands answers as student's body flown in from Cairo Updated: Feb-06-16 12:42 pm
ROME - Italy demanded Saturday that Egyptian authorities swiftly determine who was responsible for the torture and slaying of an Italian doctoral student researching Egyptian labor movements and other social issues in Cairo.
- Former parking facility manager gets prison term for theft Updated: Feb-06-16 12:34 pm
TOMS RIVER, New Jersey - The former manager of a southern New Jersey park-and-ride facility is headed to prison for stealing nearly $150,000 over three years.
- 3 Washington men arrested in Oregon fatal shooting Updated: Feb-06-16 12:33 pm
KELSO, Washington - Police say three King County, Washington, men suspected in a fatal shooting are in custody following a high-speed police chase from Oregon into Washington.
- Malloy appoints 4 to state Board of Pardons and Paroles Updated: Feb-06-16 12:31 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Gov. Dannel P. Malloy is appointing four Connecticut residents to fill vacancies on the Board of Pardons and Paroles.
- Mother, daughter indicted in Medicaid fraud case Updated: Feb-06-16 12:27 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - A defunct Donaldsonville in-home care company and its mother and daughter former owners are under indictment in an alleged six-year scheme to defraud Louisiana's Medicaid program.
- Man arrested in lot of store he's suspected of robbing Updated: Feb-06-16 12:17 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - Sioux Falls police arrested a man on suspicion of armed robbery of a convenience store after discovering him in another person's car in the store's parking lot.
- Gun dealer gets 2 ½ years for selling weapons to felon Updated: Feb-06-16 12:08 pm
ASHEVILLE, North Carolina - Prosecutors say a gun dealer has been sentenced to 2 ½ years in prison for selling guns to a felon who was barred by law from buying them.