- Jury to hear openings in New Jersey 'gay conversion' trial Updated: Jun-03-15 2:15 am
JERSEY CITY, New Jersey - A jury in northern New Jersey is scheduled to hear opening arguments Wednesday in the fraud trial of a nonprofit that offers so-called 'gay conversion' therapy.
- Man pleads guilty in 2014 crash that killed off-duty officer Updated: Jun-03-15 2:08 am
JACKSON, New Jersey - A 39-year-old man has pleaded guilty to vehicular homicide a June 2014 crash that killed an off-duty northern New Jersey police officer.
- Sentencing for Ohio Guardsman convicted of abusing daughters Updated: Jun-03-15 2:02 am
MARYSVILLE, Ohio - An Ohio National Guardsman convicted of sexually abusing three adopted daughters faces life in prison at his sentencing.
- Man pleads guilty to taping women in fitting rooms Updated: Jun-03-15 1:56 am
MEDIA, Pennsylvania - A man in suburban Philadelphia has pleaded guilty in what investigators call one of the largest invasion of privacy cases they've seen in the area.
- Texas inmate, 67, set for execution in slayings 31 years ago Updated: Jun-03-15 1:50 am
HUNTSVILLE, Texas - Condemned prisoner Lester Bower Jr., convicted of fatally shooting four men more than 31 years ago, has asked the U.S. Supreme Court to keep him from becoming the oldest Texas prisoner put to death if his execution is carried out as scheduled Wednesday evening.
- Thai army officer surrenders in human trafficking probe Updated: Jun-03-15 1:49 am
BANGKOK - A senior Thai army officer has turned himself in over his alleged involvement in a human trafficking scandal, marking the first arrest of a military official since the investigation started last month.
- The Latest on Texas Execution: Inmate appeals to high court Updated: Jun-03-15 1:45 am
12:30 a.m. (CDT)
- Man arrested on suspicion of armed robbery in Hastings Updated: Jun-03-15 1:44 am
HASTINGS, Nebraska - A man has been arrested after an armed robbery in Hastings.
- Student to don eagle feather at graduation after agreement Updated: Jun-03-15 1:20 am
SAN FRANCISCO - Attorneys for a Native American student and officials with a California school district have reached an agreement that allows him to wear an eagle feather to his high school graduation.
- Man under surveillance by terror investigators is shot dead Updated: Jun-03-15 1:18 am
BOSTON - A man who was under 24-hour surveillance by terrorism investigators was shot and killed Tuesday after he lunged with a knife at a police officer and an FBI agent outside a pharmacy, authorities said.
- Man gets mandatory life sentence in Hawaii for dealing meth Updated: Jun-03-15 12:22 am
HONOLULU - A federal judge in Hawaii has sentenced a 44-year-old to life in prison for dealing crystal methamphetamine.
- Court upholds sentence for son of Schwarzenegger ally Updated: Jun-03-15 12:07 am
SAN DIEGO - A California appeals court on Tuesday upheld former Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger's decision to dramatically reduce the manslaughter sentence of a political ally's son, saying his conduct may be considered wrong but it didn't violate any laws.
- Man charged in fatal fight at party near UW pleads guilty Updated: Jun-02-15 11:14 pm
LARAMIE, Wyoming - A Casper man charged in the death of a University of Wyoming student from Lander has pleaded guilty to manslaughter.
- Gunman says he tried calling crisis line before shootings Updated: Jun-02-15 11:10 pm
CENTENNIAL, Colorado - James Holmes lingered outside a suburban Denver movie theater for a moment or two, thinking someone at a mental health hotline might talk him out of killing people he didn't know, or that the FBI might swoop in and stop him, he told a psychiatrist last year.
- San Diego TV anchor testifies at suspected shooter's hearing Updated: Jun-02-15 11:02 pm
SAN DIEGO - A San Diego television sports anchor testified Tuesday at a court hearing for a house painter charged with shooting him six times in a dispute over money.
- 2 found guilty of placing bombs on Canada Day 2013 Updated: Jun-02-15 10:52 pm
VANCOUVER, British Columbia - A jury found a Canadian couple guilty Tuesday of plotting to set off pressure-cooker bombs outside British Columbia's provincial legislature two years ago on Canada Day, when thousands of people were expected to be there.
- Blatter's 17-year rule in soccer marked by growth, scandal Updated: Jun-02-15 10:45 pm
GENEVA - Sepp Blatter governed the biggest sport on Earth for nearly two decades, for years untouched personally by allegations of corruption, but never sharing the game's popularity.
- Los Angeles County deputy pleads guilty in jail case Updated: Jun-02-15 9:26 pm
LOS ANGELES - Four Los Angeles County sheriff's deputies beat a jail visitor bloody even though he was handcuffed on the ground and had no way of defending himself, according to one of the lawmen who pleaded guilty in the case Tuesday.
- Trial ordered in death of victim of carjack 2 decades ago Updated: Jun-02-15 8:59 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Two men convicted in the death of a 4-year-old girl hit by a carjacked sport utility vehicle in Philadelphia two decades ago have been ordered to stand trial in the recent death of her younger sister.
- Kin of Saints, Pelicans owner testify in competency case Updated: Jun-02-15 8:56 pm
NEW ORLEANS - A lawyer for the estranged heirs of Saints and Pelicans owner Tom Benson described the tone in the courtroom as "somber" and "emotional" as his clients began testifying about their patriarch's mental state.
- Bozeman man gets 100 years in prison for raping 8-year-old Updated: Jun-02-15 8:53 pm
BOZEMAN, Montana - A 46-year-old Bozeman man convicted of raping an 8-year-old girl has been sentenced to 100 years in prison.
- Husband of pregnant woman killed in crash sues for millions Updated: Jun-02-15 8:16 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - The husband and the son of a pregnant woman who died in a rollover crash seek up to $18 million in a wrongful death lawsuit filed against three businesses, including the maker of a tire that blew during an Oregon family's trip through eastern Iowa two years ago.
- Gov. Scott administration under fire in health care fight Updated: Jun-02-15 8:07 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Key Republicans on Tuesday asserted that the administration of Florida Gov. Rick Scott was playing politics in a continuing fight over health care that has already derailed one legislative session this year.
- Police arrest man after dog found with muzzle taped shut Updated: Jun-02-15 7:59 pm
NORTH CHARLESTON, South Carolina - Police in South Carolina have arrested a man after a dog was found with electrical tape around its muzzle last week.
- Menendez cites Ted Stevens' case as he seeks to move trial Updated: Jun-02-15 7:50 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - Democratic U.S. Sen. Bob Menendez, fighting to have his corruption case moved to Washington, on Tuesday cited arguments that the government made to keep former Alaska U.S. Sen. Ted Stevens' 2008 corruption trial in Washington.