- Rape trial set to begin for ex-Colts linebacker Josh McNary Updated: Aug-31-15 11:07 am
INDIANAPOLIS - The trial of former Indianapolis Colts linebacker Josh McNary, who is accused in the rape of a woman in December, is scheduled to begin Monday.
- Man arresting after threatening to sexually abuse a child Updated: Aug-31-15 11:06 am
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - A man police say wanted to taunt them by threatening to rape a 6-year-old has been arrested and booked into an Albuquerque jail.
- Kansas judge ejects white supremacist from court Updated: Aug-31-15 11:05 am
OLATHE, Kansas - A judge has ejected a white supremacist from a Kansas courtroom after the man objected to jury instructions in his murder trial, saying he doesn't respect the process.
- Attorney general's office calls fatal shooting a homicide Updated: Aug-31-15 11:02 am
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - The New Hampshire attorney general's office is calling a fatal shooting in Manchester a homicide.
- Ohio governor appoints replacement for convicted judge Updated: Aug-31-15 10:56 am
ELYRIA, Ohio - The governor has appointed a replacement for a northeast Ohio judge who was convicted on charges of tampering with records and falsification.
- Goodell, Brady arrive early for 'Deflategate' case hearing Updated: Aug-31-15 10:32 am
NEW YORK - NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell and New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady arrived early to court Monday for a final face-to-face meeting before a judge rules on the "Deflategate" case.
- Man charged in 4 slayings at Ohio home set for arraignment Updated: Aug-31-15 10:25 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A man charged in the slayings of four people at an Ohio home is set to be arraigned.
- Dozens of Venezuelan shot by police amid crime crackdown Updated: Aug-31-15 10:22 am
MARACAY, Venezuela - Workers in the industrial complex had been hiding in bathrooms and closets for hours when the shooting stopped. The last of the four suspected thieves, a slightly built man in yellow rain boots, surrendered on the roof, crying out, "Jesus saves!"
- Thai police seek 2 new suspects in Bangkok bombing probe Updated: Aug-31-15 10:07 am
BANGKOK - Thai police issued arrest warrants Monday for two more suspects, a Thai woman and a foreign man of unknown nationality, as part of a widening investigation that yielded its first arrest over the weekend in connection with a deadly bombing in Bangkok two weeks ago.
- Judge to decide on $14M case for sinking soil under houses Updated: Aug-31-15 9:52 am
GLENWOOD SPRINGS, Colorado - Homeowners at a golf course subdivision near Glenwood Springs are waiting to see if a judge will uphold $14 million in awards related to defects in the construction of homes on sinking soils.
- Parents of man beaten to death in jail file lawsuit for $10M Updated: Aug-31-15 9:08 am
SAN BERNARDINO, California - The parents of a developmentally disabled man allegedly beaten to death by his cellmate at a Rancho Cucamonga jail have each filed $10 million claims against San Bernardino County.
- 2 arrested for enjoying meal on boat while family slept Updated: Aug-31-15 9:07 am
NORWALK, Connecticut - Police in Connecticut have charged two people they say broke into a boat at a Norwalk marina to enjoy a fast food meal and take some selfies while a family of five slept on board.
- US murder suspect extradited to Czech Republic Updated: Aug-31-15 8:53 am
PRAGUE - An American suspected of killing four Czech family members has been extradited from the United States to face trial.
- Suspect in ambush of Houston-area deputy due in court Updated: Aug-31-15 8:46 am
HOUSTON - A man charged with capital murder in the fatal shooting of a uniformed suburban Houston sheriff's deputy had a lengthy criminal record going back a decade, but never spent more than short stints in jail.
- Suspect in Brooklyn cab death arrested in North Carolina Updated: Aug-31-15 8:41 am
GREENVILLE, North Carolina - A suspect in the killing of a cab driver in Brooklyn earlier this year has been arrested in North Carolina.
- Suspect arrested in shooting death of man in Venice Beach Updated: Aug-31-15 8:40 am
LOS ANGELES - Los Angeles police say a man has been arrested on suspicion of murder in the weekend shooting death of a man in Venice Beach.
- Police investigate fatal shooting in western New York Updated: Aug-31-15 8:31 am
TONAWANDA, New York - Police say a man is dead after a late-night shooting in western New York.
- Lawrence drug sweeps take $1M in heroin off streets Updated: Aug-31-15 8:25 am
LAWRENCE, Massachusetts - Police say series of drug sweeps in Lawrence and surrounding communities this summer has resulted in about 250 arrests and the seizure of more than $1 million worth of heroin and a dozen illegal firearms.
- The Latest: Thai sought in Bangkok bomb believed in Turkey Updated: Aug-31-15 8:22 am
BANGKOK - The latest on the investigation in the Bangkok shrine bombing (all times local):
- Lawsuit challenges Terrebonne judicial elections Updated: Aug-31-15 8:20 am
HOUMA, Louisiana - The NAACP Legal Defense Fund is challenging Terrebonne Parish's practice of electing judges from at-large seats
- Mobile police investigate double shooting Updated: Aug-31-15 8:11 am
MOBILE, Alabama - Mobile police are investigating a double shooting that injured a man and woman.
- Iranian national accused of making terroristic threats Updated: Aug-31-15 8:09 am
BAY ST. LOUIS, Mississippi - An Iranian national living in Louisiana is being held on terrorism related charges after he knocked a Mississippi deputy to the ground and claimed his vehicle contained explosives.
- Police: Man arrested after vandalizing Wetumpka gas station Updated: Aug-31-15 7:59 am
WETUMPKA, Alabama - A man was arrested after police said he went on a methamphetamine-fueled rampage at a convenience store.
- Jury selection to start in murder trial of 13-year-old boy Updated: Aug-31-15 7:55 am
GRAND RAPIDS, Michigan - Jury selection is scheduled to start in the trial of a 13-year-old boy accused of fatally stabbing a 9-year-old boy at a western Michigan playground.
- Waterbury police seek clues in 16-year-old homicide Updated: Aug-31-15 7:49 am
WATERBURY, Connecticut - Waterbury police are appealing to the public to help them solve the slaying 16 years ago of a city woman.