- Review of Nebraska prison sentences finds 1,242 with errors Updated: Nov-24-15 9:21 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Nearly one in four Nebraska prison inmates received sentences that were too short or too long because of errors in how their terms were calculated, the state corrections department said Tuesday.
- Rockies' Reyes pleads not guilty to abusing wife in Hawaii Updated: Nov-24-15 9:20 pm
WAILUKU, Hawaii - Colorado Rockies shortstop Jose Reyes is pleading not guilty to allegations of abusing his wife at a Hawaii resort.
- Jury deliberates man's fate in Facebook photo killing case Updated: Nov-24-15 9:13 pm
MIAMI - A jury began deliberating Tuesday whether a South Florida man is guilty of murder or acted in self-defense when he fatally shot his wife eight times during an argument and then posted a photo of her dead body on Facebook.
- Officer charged with murder in teen's death; video released Updated: Nov-24-15 9:12 pm
CHICAGO - A white Chicago police officer who shot a black teenager 16 times last year was charged with first-degree murder Tuesday, hours before the city released a video of the killing that many people fear could spark unrest.
- The Latest: Jury recesses after deliberating for 2.5 hours Updated: Nov-24-15 9:11 pm
MIAMI - The latest in the trial of a man who claimed self-defense after fatally shooting his wife and posting a photo of her body on Facebook (all times local):
- 4 arrested in vandalism of San Francisco Bay Area dam Updated: Nov-24-15 9:05 pm
FREMONT, California - Police say they have arrested four men for allegedly cutting an inflatable dam in Fremont in May, resulting in the loss of nearly 50 million gallons of water.
- Cable TV hunting show hosts pleads guilty in poaching case Updated: Nov-24-15 9:02 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - The host of a cable TV hunting show has pleaded guilty as part of an investigation into poaching on a remote national preserve in Alaska.
- Police: Postal worker harassed Muslim woman in NYC Updated: Nov-24-15 9:00 pm
NEW YORK - A postal worker arrested on hate crime charges had bumped into and spit on a Muslim woman before following her into a deli and threatening to burn down her place of worship, New York City police said.
- The Latest: Protesters hear concert outside police precinct Updated: Nov-24-15 8:59 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The latest in the investigation into the fatal shooting of a black man by Minneapolis police that has sparked more than a week of demonstrations (all times local):
- Pastor among 8 indicted in fatal New York church beating Updated: Nov-24-15 8:54 pm
UTICA, New York - The pastor of an insular New York church where a young man was beaten to death and his younger brother seriously injured was among seven people charged Tuesday with murder.
- Man who shot at police in 3 Washington cities gets 71 years Updated: Nov-24-15 8:51 pm
EVERETT, Washington - A man who shot at police in three Washington cities last year, wounding one officer, has been sentenced to 71 years in prison.
- The Latest: Protesters march up Michigan Ave., turn back Updated: Nov-24-15 8:47 pm
CHICAGO - The latest on the shooting of a black teenager by a white Chicago police officer. (All times local):
- Convict on the run since 2009 is extradited to Arizona Updated: Nov-24-15 8:15 pm
PHOENIX - A convict who escaped from a Maricopa County courthouse during his 2009 trial on sexual assault charges has been extradited to Arizona.
- Jury awards $177,500 in suit against Kabbalah Centre Updated: Nov-24-15 8:10 pm
LOS ANGELES - A Los Angeles jury has awarded more than $177,000 to a former student of the Kabbalah Centre who claimed a so-called "Rabbi to the Stars" made unwanted sexual advances.
- Seattle police release video of cleaning crew's rough arrest Updated: Nov-24-15 8:09 pm
SEATTLE - State and federal prosecutors say Seattle police officers involved in the rough arrest of four Mexican family members in 2010 will not face criminal charges.
- Woman found dead in Little Rock home, man being questioned Updated: Nov-24-15 8:05 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Police say a woman was found dead in her Little Rock home and her boyfriend who shared the home with her was arrested for murder in her death.
- Sister of slain boy testifies in capital murder retrial Updated: Nov-24-15 7:56 pm
GADSDEN, Alabama - The retrial of a man accused in the December 2006 death of a 5-year-old Etowah County boy continued Tuesday with testimony from the boy's teenage sister and other witnesses.
- Phoenix police: Man is fatally shot in tagging crews dispute Updated: Nov-24-15 7:52 pm
PHOENIX - Police in Phoenix say a confrontation between two members of rival tagging crews has ended in a fatal shooting.
- Young adult gets 30 years for DUI deaths of 2 students Updated: Nov-24-15 7:46 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - A 19-year-old man has been sentenced to 30 years in prison for the DUI deaths of two Brookhaven High School students.
- Federal judge sentences man in Jamaican lottery scam Updated: Nov-24-15 7:30 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - A federal judge in North Dakota sentenced a Jamaican man to 20 years in prison on Tuesday for a lottery scam that authorities say cost victims around the country millions of dollars.
- 5 charged in $580M Southern California kickback scheme Updated: Nov-24-15 7:25 pm
LOS ANGELES - Five people, including a former hospital executive and two surgeons, are charged with a massive kickback scheme that resulted in billing $580 million to the government and insurance companies, authorities announced Tuesday.
- Not guilty plea in Albuquerque policeman's shooting death Updated: Nov-24-15 7:00 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - An ex-convict accused of fatally shooting an Albuquerque police officer last month has pleaded not guilty to violating federal firearm laws.
- The Latest: : Islamist jailed in France raid Updated: Nov-24-15 6:59 pm
PARIS - The latest on the deadly attacks in Paris and the heightened security in Europe. All times local:
- Suit challenging University of Michigan gun policy dismissed Updated: Nov-24-15 6:55 pm
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - A lawsuit challenging the University of Michigan's campus anti-gun policy has been dismissed.
- Man featured in documentary pleads guilty in assault case Updated: Nov-24-15 6:48 pm
OGDEN, Utah - A man who was featured in a Sundance documentary has pleaded guilty to assault charges.