- Mom jailed after baby found with fractured skull Updated: May-05-16 12:49 am
VACAVILLE, California - Police in Northern California say a woman has been arrested on child abuse charges after her 5-month-old son was found with serious injuries, including a fractured skull.
- Craig doctor acquitted on charge related to patient's death Updated: May-05-16 12:44 am
CRAIG, Colorado - A Craig doctor convicted of unlawfully prescribing controlled substances that led to the death of a patient has been acquitted of the most severe charge against him because of a missing word in a charging document.
- Court to hear forced medication appeal in doctor murder case Updated: May-05-16 12:31 am
- Consumer watchdog proposes ban on some arbitration clauses Updated: May-05-16 12:05 am
NEW YORK - If government regulators get their way, it's going to become a lot easier to sue your bank.
- The Latest: Alabama Senate approves smaller prison bill Updated: May-04-16 11:59 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - The Latest on Gov. Robert Bentley's prison construction bill (all times local):
- California hunter convicted of 'baiting' mourning doves Updated: May-04-16 11:58 pm
FRESNO, California - A federal jury in Sacramento has found a Northern California man guilty of violating the Migratory Bird Treaty Act by baiting a field for hunting purposes.
- Prospects diminish for criminal justice overhaul Updated: May-04-16 11:16 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - An Alaska lawmaker's efforts to halt the rapid growth of the state's prison population may not come to fruition.
- Illinois families sue over transgender access to locker room Updated: May-04-16 11:13 pm
CHICAGO - Dozens of families took legal action Wednesday in a bid to stop a suburban Chicago school district from allowing a transgender student to use a girls' locker room and restroom, arguing the policy trampled on the privacy rights of other students.
- Man arrested after armed bank robbery in Evansville Updated: May-04-16 11:12 pm
EVANSVILLE, Wyoming - Police in Natrona County have arrested a man in connection with an armed bank robbery in Evansville.
- Teen wanted in connection with shooting turns himself in Updated: May-04-16 11:07 pm
ROWLEY, Massachusetts - Police have arrested a 16-year-old boy who they say shot one teenager and fired at another near a shopping center in Rowley.
- Court: Nothing fishy in confession by man who killed wife Updated: May-04-16 10:47 pm
MOUNT CLEMENS, Michigan - A federal appeals court has ruled against a Detroit-area man who was convicted of killing his wife and dismembering the body.
- Judge rules in favor of state in Hawaiian immersion lawsuit Updated: May-04-16 10:32 pm
HONOLULU - The state attorney general says a judge has ruled that the Hawaii Department of Education didn't violate the state constitution by not making a Hawaiian language immersion program available for students on Lanai.
- Man gets 3 years in prison for role in Pierce woman's death Updated: May-04-16 10:14 pm
GREELEY, Colorado - A man who pleaded guilty to his role in a Pierce woman's death has been sentenced to three years in prison.
- After Hastert, Illinois weighs change to child sex abuse law Updated: May-04-16 9:22 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - A state lawmaker and former prosecutor wants to eliminate the statute of limitations on child sex crimes in Illinois, a response to the hush-money case against former U.S. House Speaker Dennis Hastert.
- Judge: Plan for restoring Northwest salmon runs not enough Updated: May-04-16 9:19 pm
SEATTLE - A massive habitat restoration effort by the U.S. government doesn't do nearly enough to improve Northwest salmon runs, a federal judge ruled Thursday, handing a major victory to conservationists, anglers and others who hope to someday see four dams on the Snake River breached to make way for the fish.
- Attorney: Prince arranged to meet addiction doctor Updated: May-04-16 9:16 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - In his final weeks, Prince hid signs of trouble from his fans, stonewalling reports of an overdose that required an emergency plane landing and making a brief public appearance to reassure them. But privately, the superstar was in crisis, seeking help from a prominent addiction expert that ultimately came too late.
- Complaint details kidnapping death of girl on Navajo nation Updated: May-04-16 9:12 pm
SHIPROCK, New Mexico - On the far side of a desert hilltop in the shadow of the Shiprock Pinnacle, a towering monolith sacred to the Navajo Nation, the stranger ignored the cries of an 11-year-old girl.
- Colorado's Blaha may be back on GOP Senate ballot Updated: May-04-16 9:09 pm
DENVER - Republican U.S. Senate hopeful Robert Blaha might appear on the party's Colorado primary in June.
- US government: North Carolina LGBT law violates civil rights Updated: May-04-16 8:43 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - A North Carolina law limiting protections to LGBT people violates federal civil rights laws and can't be enforced, the U.S. Justice Department said Wednesday, putting the state on notice that it is in danger of being sued and losing hundreds of millions of dollars in federal funding.
- Ex-Southern California Marine sentenced for killing baby son Updated: May-04-16 8:39 pm
VISTA, California - A former Southern California Marine is facing life in prison for beating to death his 7-month-old son.
- Jail guard sentenced to 7 years for sex assault on NY inmate Updated: May-04-16 8:34 pm
NEW YORK - A federal jail guard was sentenced Wednesday to seven years in prison after an inmate gave an in-court account of how he sexually assaulted her inside a New York City lockup last year.
- Man indicted in wife's slaying; faces death sentence Updated: May-04-16 8:33 pm
FORT MYERS, Florida - A southwest Florida man has been indicted in the slaying of his wife and now faces a possible death sentence.
- Police investigating deaths of infant and father Updated: May-04-16 8:25 pm
D'IBERVILLE, Mississippi - D'Iberville police are investigating the death of a 10-month-old infant and his father's apparent suicide.
- Tucson police arrest suspect in fatal stabbing at park Updated: May-04-16 8:17 pm
TUCSON, Arizona - Tucson police say they've made an arrest in connection with the fatal stabbing of a man at Santa Rita Park.
- Judge hears objections to order sealing shooting video Updated: May-04-16 8:07 pm
PHOENIX - Releasing video of a man's fatal shooting death by a Mesa officer would be the same as releasing a police report, attorneys for the man's widow argued Wednesday.