- Montolivo out for Italy, no surprises in Albania squad Updated: May-31-16 4:21 pm
LONDON - The Latest on the European Championship squad announcements (all times local):
- 5 Matches Not to Miss at the European Championship Updated: May-31-16 9:25 am
GENEVA - Every fourth summer, football lovers tune in to what many see as the tournament for the purists on the global calendar.
- Croatia gets 2-match World Cup stadium ban for fascist chant Updated: May-27-16 11:38 am
ZURICH - Croatia has been ordered to play two World Cup qualifying matches in empty stadiums for repeated cases of fans chanting fascist slogans.
- Wax figure of Neymar unveiled by Madame Tussauds Updated: May-24-16 4:42 pm
BARCELONA, Spain - Neymar couldn't help but laugh in amusement after taking a long look at the newly unveiled wax figure of himself.
- FIFA fires finance director Kattner over bonus payments Updated: May-23-16 5:47 pm
GENEVA - FIFA has fired its finance director of the past 13 years, removing another fixture of the Sepp Blatter presidential era in another round of revelations about irregular million-dollar payments.
- Coleman agrees to 2 more years as Wales coach Updated: May-23-16 9:10 am
CARDIFF, Wales - Chris Coleman has signed a new two-year contract as Wales coach to take him through the 2018 World Cup qualifying campaign.
- CSKA wins Russian Premier League, Dynamo down for 1st time Updated: May-21-16 9:37 am
KAZAN, Russia - CSKA Moscow fought off a challenge from surprise title contender FC Rostov to win the Russian Premier League for the sixth time Saturday, while Soviet-era giant Dynamo Moscow was relegated for the first time.
- Dutch want video officials at next season's domestic cup Updated: May-20-16 10:33 am
AMSTERDAM - Three decades after Diego Maradona scored the infamous "Hand of God" goal against England at the World Cup, the Dutch soccer association said Friday it is ready to be among the first to use video technology.
- FIFA judges want 2-year ban for Niersbach in 2006 bid case Updated: May-20-16 10:02 am
GENEVA - Just 10 days after the rebranded FIFA Council met for the first time, one of its members faces being banned from soccer in fallout from World Cup corruption allegations.
- Qatar World Cup head: Blatter US support should be looked at Updated: May-19-16 9:38 pm
LONDON - Sepp Blatter's support for the American World Cup bid should face more scrutiny, the head of Qatar's 2022 organizing committee said on Thursday in his latest expression of frustration at the focus on the probity of their winning campaign.
- UEFA task force to help place Kosovo in World Cup groups Updated: May-18-16 9:58 am
BASEL, Switzerland - Facing problems placing Kosovo in a World Cup qualifying group, UEFA has asked a task force to look into the situation and report back by May 31.
- International players criticize labor conditions in Qatar Updated: May-17-16 5:56 am
COPENHAGEN, Denmark - International players from Denmark and Norway have criticized conditions in Qatar for migrant workers building projects linked to the 2022 World Cup.
- Infantino says 'crisis is over' as FIFA gets 1st female No 2 Updated: May-13-16 9:03 pm
MEXICO CITY - FIFA's corruption crisis was declared to be over by President Gianni Infantino on Friday as the scandal-battered governing body broke new ground by appointing its first female and first non-European secretary general.
- Kosovo, Gibraltar join FIFA before 2018 World Cup qualifying Updated: May-13-16 7:43 pm
MEXICO CITY - Gibraltar and Kosovo became FIFA members on Friday and will be fast-tracked into 2018 World Cup qualifying, which kicks off in Europe in September.
- France to face Italy in friendly match next September Updated: May-13-16 6:37 am
PARIS - France will warm up for its World Cup qualifying campaign with a friendly match against Italy next September.
- Russia 2018 CEO disputes WADA, says no state-backed doping Updated: May-11-16 8:05 pm
MEXICO CITY - The head of the 2018 World Cup in Russia says there hasn't been state-sponsored doping in the country, disputing a key finding of a World Anti-Doping Agency investigation.
- Soccer star Zidane's childhood home in Marseille demolished Updated: May-11-16 2:33 pm
MARSEILLE, France - Soccer star Zinedine Zidane's childhood home in Marseille is being demolished, part of an urban renewal project aimed at rehabilitating a blighted area of the southern French city.
- Australia names new-look squad for friendly against England Updated: May-10-16 9:44 pm
SYDNEY - A-League players Jamie Maclaren, Craig Goodwin and Stefan Mauk are part of a new-look, 23-man Australia squad to play England in a friendly on May 27 at the Stadium of Light at Sunderland.
- 2026 World Cup hosts vote in 2020 with new FIFA bid rules Updated: May-10-16 6:44 pm
MEXICO CITY - The 2026 World Cup hosts will be decided in a FIFA vote in 2020 after bidding countries will undergo stringent new checks on their suitability to stage the soccer showpiece.
- Bayern starts rebuilding squad with 2 new arrivals Updated: May-10-16 8:55 am
FRANKFURT, Germany - Bayern Munich has started to rebuild its squad as coach Pep Guardiola prepares to leave after three seasons.
- Dortmund captain Mats Hummels to join Bayern Munich Updated: May-10-16 6:53 am
- After Leicester title, Ranieri has open offer to coach Italy Updated: May-09-16 10:41 am
ROME - Claudio Ranieri has an open invitation to coach the Italian national team. Just don't expect him to take up the role for the next World Cup.
- Russia says construction stopped at World Cup stadium Updated: May-08-16 9:43 am
MOSCOW - Russia's Sports Minister says construction work has stopped on a stadium that will host 2018 World Cup games in the city of Samara.
- Middlesbrough, Brighton set for richest-ever game in soccer Updated: May-06-16 9:44 am
It's one game, with about $250 million riding on it.
- FIFA suspends Guam player in World Cup doping case Updated: May-04-16 10:12 am
ZURICH - FIFA says a Guam player tested positive for doping at a World Cup qualifying match in March.