- Things to know about the FIFA presidential election Updated: Aug-28-15 1:39 pm
MONACO - FIFA presidential contender Michel Platini would not talk about it Friday, but he is the front-runner in an election that is still six months off.
- Germany picks Liverpool's Emre Can for Euro qualifiers Updated: Aug-28-15 9:09 am
FRANKFURT, Germany - Germany coach Joachim Loew called up Liverpool midfielder Emre Can on Friday for the upcoming European Championship qualifying matches against Poland and Scotland.
- Jedinak among 3 players ruled out of Socceroos match Updated: Aug-27-15 11:26 pm
SYDNEY - Mile Jedinak, Tomi Juric and Robbie Kruse have been ruled out of the Australia's 2018 World Cup qualifying match against Bangladesh and will be replaced by Italian-based attacker Chris Ikonomidis, striker Ben Halloran and midfielder Luke Brattan.
- Dutch coach Bert van Marwijk hired by Saudi Arabia Updated: Aug-25-15 11:38 am
RIYADH, Saudi Arabia - Bert van Marwijk, who coached the Netherlands to the 2010 World Cup final, has been hired by Saudi Arabia.
- Russia adds to World Cup budget after recent cuts Updated: Aug-24-15 10:09 am
MOSCOW - The Russian government proposed a 2-percent increase to its budget for the 2018 World Cup on Monday, reversing a trend of repeated cuts this year.
- Iran coach says Guam visa hassles nothing to do with soccer Updated: Aug-23-15 4:12 am
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - Iran coach Carlos Queiroz says the frustrations faced by the tiny Pacific island of Guam in obtaining visas to travel to Tehran for a World Cup qualifier next month give just a glimpse of the problems long faced by his team in negotiating international soccer.
- Visa flap may sink World Cup qualifying match for Guam Updated: Aug-20-15 11:36 pm
HAGATNA, Guam - Visas for members of the Guam national soccer team to enter Iran have been delayed two weeks ahead of a qualifying match, leaving a Guam official to say political tensions between the U.S. and the Islamic republic shouldn't affect sports.
- FIFA, WCup sponsors talk in secret over corruption crisis Updated: Aug-20-15 4:34 pm
ZURICH - FIFA has met with some World Cup sponsors in a meeting they demanded after a corruption crisis rocked football's governing body.
- World Cup experience made Miami goalie Catalina Perez better Updated: Aug-20-15 1:11 pm
CORAL GABLES, Florida - Miami goalkeeper Catalina Perez held her ground against the best women's soccer team in the world this summer.
- Rogic, Kruse, Luongo back in Australia squad for qualifiers Updated: Aug-18-15 7:55 pm
SYDNEY - Australia coach Ange Postecoglou has boosted his attacking strength with the recall of Celtic midfielder Tom Rogic, Bayer Leverkusen forward Robbie Kruse and Queens Park Rangers' Massimo Luongo for next month's World Cup qualifiers against Bangladesh and Tajikistan.
- FIFA picks Olympic veteran Carrard to lead reform task force Updated: Aug-11-15 12:06 pm
GENEVA - FIFA has turned to Francois Carrard, who helped oversee cleaning up the IOC after the Salt Lake City bidding scandal, to chair a group leading reforms of football's corruption-hit governing body.
- Russia proposes tough salary cap for football stars Updated: Aug-11-15 10:09 am
MOSCOW - Russian football bosses have called for star players' salaries to be capped at just $31,000 a month in a move which could change the face of football in the 2018 World Cup host nation.
- Prince Ali: FIFA cannot be credible while Blatter leads Updated: Aug-10-15 12:02 pm
GENEVA - FIFA cannot make credible changes in the last months of Sepp Blatter's leadership of the scandal-hit body, former presidential candidate Prince Ali bin al-Hussein said Monday.
- Japan disappoints with last-place finish in East Asian Cup Updated: Aug-09-15 10:29 pm
SEOUL, South Korea - South Korea winning its third East Asian Cup on Sunday was no surprise. Japan finishing bottom of the four-team competition that included China and North Korea was less expected.
- Germany down to 3rd in FIFA rankings; Argentina still No. 1 Updated: Aug-06-15 4:23 am
ZURICH - World Cup winner Germany dropped to No. 3 in the latest FIFA rankings, with beaten finalist Argentina still at No. 1.
- Russia trims World Cup budget again, cuts $2.4 million Updated: Aug-05-15 2:45 pm
MOSCOW - Russia has again cut its budget for the 2018 World Cup, in part by abandoning plans to build a new TV tower.
- Hong Kong fans not being shut out of China WCup qualifier Updated: Aug-04-15 9:17 pm
HONG KONG - The Hong Kong Football Association says local fans aren't being purposely shut out of a World Cup qualifier against China next month.
- AP Interview: Qatar's FM promises best World Cup ever Updated: Aug-04-15 3:51 pm
DOHA, Qatar - Qatar's top diplomat on Tuesday promised that his country would host a successful World Cup in 2022 and suggested that criticism of its successful bid was partly based on racism.
- AP Interview: Qatar's FM urges 'serious dialogue' with Iran Updated: Aug-04-15 12:41 pm
DOHA, Qatar - Qatar's top diplomat on Tuesday called for a "serious dialogue" with Iran in the wake of its nuclear deal with world powers, even as he blasted Tehran for continuing to support Syria's embattled government.
- Mutko set to take control of Russian football union Updated: Jul-31-15 9:41 am
MOSCOW - Russian Sports Minister Vitaly Mutko is expected to take control of the country's football association.