- Lawyer: Rapper Gucci Mane released early from Indiana prison Updated: May-26-16 9:07 pm
ATLANTA - A lawyer for rapper Gucci Mane says his client has been released a few months early from an Indiana prison where he was serving a federal firearms sentence.
- Rapper arrested in T.I. concert shooting that killed 1 Updated: May-26-16 8:51 pm
NEW YORK - Police investigating a deadly shooting at a packed hip-hop concert in New York arrested a Brooklyn rap artist Thursday, saying surveillance footage showed him stalking through the venue firing a gun.
- Tech billionaire is unlikely Hulk Hogan ally in Gawker fight Updated: May-26-16 7:56 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - Former pro wrestler Hulk Hogan has an unlikely ally in his corner for his courtroom cage match with Gawker - a high-tech billionaire with a long-standing grudge against the news-and-gossip site.
- Dark musical 'American Psycho' feels the knife Updated: May-26-16 7:53 pm
NEW YORK - The life of the Broadway musical "American Psycho" has been cut short, a victim of vicious box office numbers.
- Khloe Kardashian files to divorce Lamar Odom - again Updated: May-26-16 7:31 pm
LOS ANGELES - Khloe Kardashian is once again seeking to end her marriage to former NBA player Lamar Odom.
- Spielberg to Harvard grads: Be the movie heroes of real life Updated: May-26-16 7:16 pm
CAMBRIDGE, Massachusetts - In a world full of villains, Harvard University graduates must become the heroes, filmmaker Steven Spielberg told the 2016 class during a commencement address Thursday.
- The Latest: NYC rapper arrested in shooting at concert hall Updated: May-26-16 7:02 pm
NEW YORK - The Latest on a fatal shooting inside a New York City concert venue where hip-hop artist T.I. was getting ready to perform (all times local):
- Trump agrees to debate Sanders but sets stiff price Updated: May-26-16 5:45 pm
WASHINGTON - Donald Trump has provisionally accepted Bernie Sanders' proposal to debate, but the billionaire is setting a high price for participating. His condition: The hosting TV network would have to put up millions of dollars for charity.
- New Orleans museum's paintings added to Google art trove Updated: May-26-16 5:32 pm
NEW ORLEANS - Need a refresher on the details of Edgar Degas' painting of Estelle Muson Degas at the New Orleans Museum of Art? Or maybe a close-up of the red hills in Georgia O'Keefe's "My Backyard" at the museum? Or a tour of the museum before a visit to the Crescent City?
- Bill Moyers turns down $35,000 speaking fee from Rutgers Updated: May-26-16 5:09 pm
PISCATAWAY, New Jersey - PBS journalist Bill Moyers has turned down a $35,000 fee that Rutgers University offered for speaking at part of its graduation ceremony.
- Improved Verlander helps Tigers rebound from rough stretch Updated: May-26-16 4:58 pm
DETROIT - After allowing seven runs to the Cleveland Indians on May 3, Justin Verlander took to Twitter - always a risky move for an athlete, especially one coming off a frustrating performance.
- Transcript: Actor said he wanted to wound wife, not kill her Updated: May-26-16 4:57 pm
LOS ANGELES - An actor who played a police officer on television said he wanted to hurt his wife and only intended to shoot her in the leg in what turned out to be a deadly attack, according to a transcript of his interview with detectives released Thursday during his murder trial.
- 'That was brutal': National Spelling Bee down to top 10 Updated: May-26-16 4:53 pm
OXON HILL, Maryland - Tejas Muthusamy knew he was in trouble.
- Correction: Commencement Speaker Costs story Updated: May-26-16 4:53 pm
BOSTON - In a story May 20 on fees paid by colleges to commencement speakers, The Associated Press, relying on information from Rutgers University, reported erroneously that it had paid PBS journalist Bill Moyer $35,000 for an address. The university now says that Moyers had informed a school official before the ceremony that he would not accept the fee.
- Baseball: No malice in Padres' gay chorus anthem flap Updated: May-26-16 4:38 pm
- Cabela's plans to outsource its catalog and ad design work Updated: May-26-16 4:25 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - Cabela's said it plans to outsource the design work for its catalog and advertising, but the outdoor gear seller says the move wasn't triggered by its ongoing strategic review.
- Memorable words from the National Spelling Bee Updated: May-26-16 4:24 pm
OXON HILL, Maryland - Here are some memorable words and definitions from the final rounds of the 89th Scripps National Spelling Bee. Biological terms were particularly challenging, and shorter words often present a greater challenge than longer ones, which are made up of roots that spellers can piece together.
- The Latest: 'Shield' actor said he only wanted to wound wife Updated: May-26-16 4:17 pm
LOS ANGELES - The Latest on the murder trial of Michael Jace, who played a police officer on the television series "The Shield" (all times local):
- Depp asks court to rule he should not pay spousal support Updated: May-26-16 3:08 pm
LOS ANGELES - Johnny Depp has asked a court to determine that he should not pay spousal support to his estranged wife Amber Heard, who filed for divorce after 15 months of marriage.
- Crafty teamwork helps Trentin win longest Giro stage Updated: May-26-16 2:58 pm
PINEROLO, Italy - Matteo Trentin used a late counterattack and some crafty teamwork to win the longest stage of the Giro d'Italia on Thursday, while Steven Kruijswijk held on to a comfortable overall lead with only two challenging legs to go.
- Egypt: Muslim mob attacks Christians, parade naked woman Updated: May-26-16 2:21 pm
CAIRO - An armed Muslim mob stripped an elderly Christian woman and paraded her naked on the streets in an attack last week in which seven Christian homes were also looted and torched in a province south of the Egyptian capital.
- 'X-Men' packs a punch for Lawrence and McAvoy Updated: May-26-16 2:06 pm
LONDON - It always hits the cast hard when they realize they're back on the set of "X-Men." Quite literally, they're going to get punched.
HELSINKI - A Norwegian consumers' group took inspiration from "slow television" to produce a marathon webcast of a team of readers going through the fine print of terms and conditions of downloadable apps.
- Cardinals place Matt Carpenter on paternity list Updated: May-26-16 12:46 pm
ST. LOUIS - The St. Louis Cardinals have placed third baseman Matt Carpenter on the paternity list and recalled infielder Greg Garcia from Triple-A Memphis.
- Gawker may be looking to sell after losing Hulk Hogan case Updated: May-26-16 12:45 pm
NEW YORK - The embattled online media company Gawker Media has hired an investment banker to explore its options, including a possible sale.