- Minnesota suing fundraising companies, claiming deception Updated: May-25-16 12:31 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The state of Minnesota is suing a professional fundraising company and its affiliate, alleging the Michigan firms are deceptively soliciting money for a veterans' charity.
- LSU research could lead to safe drinking water Updated: May-20-16 8:11 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - LSU researchers will investigate the use of sunlight to create safe drinking water at the school's BASF Sustainable Living Lab.
- Fate of Florida's voucher program back before court Updated: May-10-16 7:16 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - A two-year legal battle over the fate of Florida's largest private school voucher program on Tuesday spilled into an appeals court, where a panel of judges sounded skeptical about whether the lawsuit should go forward.
- Gun buyback to offer gift cards, jewelry from melted metal Updated: May-09-16 9:02 pm
DETROIT - A gun buyback program in Detroit will offer gift cards to sellers on the spot and, eventually, collectable jewelry for those who want to help support the cause.
- Wal-Mart, Walmart Foundation give money to Arkansas hospital Updated: May-09-16 3:45 pm
SPRINGDALE, Arkansas - Wal-Mart Stores Inc. and the Walmart Foundation say they'll donate $8 million toward the construction of an Arkansas Children's Hospital campus in northwestern Arkansas.
- Vermont company to donate to NC gender law repeal Updated: May-01-16 10:15 am
WILLISTON, Vermont - AllEarth Renewables, a Vermont-based solar tracker manufacturer, has announced the company will donate a portion of every tracker sale in North Carolina to the repeal effort of state law HB 2, which it calls discriminatory.