- Kenya planning on track for Rio Olympics; No Zika boycott Updated: Feb-09-16 12:41 pm
NAIROBI, Kenya - Kenya is preparing as planned for the Rio de Janeiro Olympics while also monitoring the outbreak of the Zika virus in Brazil, the official in charge of the country's team said Tuesday.
- Academy luncheon is time for reflection in high stakes year Updated: Feb-08-16 7:28 pm
BEVERLY HILLS, California - The annual Oscar nominees luncheon is generally a time of low-stakes celebration, but this year amid discussions of Oscar diversity and a boycott, as well as dramatic changes to academy membership, the Monday gathering was also one for reflection.
- Angelina Jolie's film 'Unbroken' finally opens in Japan Updated: Feb-06-16 5:40 am
TOKYO - Angelina Jolie's "Unbroken" opened Saturday more than a year after the rest of the world in Japan, where the main character endures as a prisoner of war and where some have called for a boycott of the movie.
- Browns fans boycotting Johnny Manziel for month on Twitter Updated: Feb-01-16 6:48 pm
CLEVELAND - Floating on an inflatable swan was one thing. Being hunted by a police helicopter was too much.
- Israeli academics face growing boycott pressures Updated: Feb-01-16 8:16 am
HAIFA, Israel - Israeli anthropologist Dan Rabinowitz is a leader in his field, heading a prestigious school of environmental studies at Tel Aviv University, authoring dozens of publications and holding visiting teaching positions over the years at leading North American universities.
- The Latest: Trump campaign says rally raised $6 million Updated: Jan-28-16 11:47 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - The Latest on developments from the 2016 Republican race for president, less than a week out from the Iowa caucuses (all times local):
- Serena and Venus Williams to compete at Indian Wells tourney Updated: Jan-27-16 4:28 pm
INDIAN WELLS, California - Serena Williams will be joined by big sister Venus in the women's field for the BNP Paribas Open in March, a year after Serena returned to the desert tournament in an end to her 14-year boycott.
- Mauk suspension increases load on new Missouri coach Odom Updated: Jan-26-16 6:26 pm
ST. LOUIS - Missouri fell hard from the top of the SEC East in Gary Pinkel's final season, dropping to 5-7 and going through a player boycott that threatened a game.
- Charlotte Rampling clarifies controversial diversity remarks Updated: Jan-22-16 8:11 pm
LONDON - Academy Award-nominated actress Charlotte Rampling said her comments that an Oscars' boycott is "racist to white people" were misinterpreted. In a statement to CBS News' "Sunday Morning" on Friday, Rampling said she wished every performance were given equal opportunity for consideration.
- President: Haiti runoff vote will take place as scheduled Updated: Jan-21-16 9:16 pm
PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti - Haiti's outgoing leader insisted Thursday that a presidential runoff will be held as scheduled this weekend, regardless of a boycott by the opposition candidate and deep suspicion of electoral fraud.
- Boycott of companies that boycott Israel sought in Florida Updated: Jan-21-16 3:37 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Florida wouldn't be able to invest in companies that boycott Israel under a bill unanimously passed by the state Senate.
- Will Smith joins Oscars boycott, says he won't attend Updated: Jan-21-16 1:59 pm
NEW YORK - Will Smith says he will not attend the Academy Awards next month, joining his wife, Jada Pinkett Smith, and others in protest against two straight years of all-white acting nominees.
- Spike Lee has other plans on Oscars night: the Knick game Updated: Jan-20-16 8:30 am
NEW YORK - Instead of going to the Academy Awards, Spike Lee has other plans: "I'm going to the Knick game," he said Wednesday on "Good Morning America."
- Palestinians lambast Airbnb's West Bank settlement listings Updated: Jan-20-16 7:46 am
NOFEI PRAT, West Bank - Like many vacation rental operators around the world, Moshe Gordon has listed his property on Airbnb, luring visitors with a stunning vista of desert landscape and boasting of proximity to both Jerusalem and the Dead Sea. What it doesn't mention is that the "cozy fully furnished" apartment, with its cable TV, Internet and hiking trails, is in a West Bank settlement.
- Calls for boycott of Oscars grow over diversity of nominees Updated: Jan-19-16 10:24 am
NEW YORK - Amid calls for a boycott of the Academy Awards over its all-white acting nominees and Spike Lee and Jada Pinkett Smith both announcing they would sit out this year's ceremony, the academy's president said it was time for major changes - and soon.
- Boycotting candidate says Jan. 24 runoff will set Haiti back Updated: Jan-17-16 2:59 pm
PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti - Haiti's opposition candidate for president is warning that if a runoff is held next weekend as scheduled it will be a big step back for the country's fragile democracy and lead to increased turmoil in the sharply divided nation.
- Pastors urge boycott of Emanuel's MLK breakfast Updated: Jan-13-16 5:17 pm
CHICAGO - A group of Chicago ministers is calling for a boycott of Mayor Rahm Emanuel's annual breakfast honoring Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.