- Man gets 5 years in Iowa prison for stealing lottery tickets Updated: Jul-31-15 10:56 am
MASON CITY, Iowa - A 25-year-old Clear Lake man has been given five years in prison for stealing Iowa lottery tickets.
- Kentucky Lottery reports record sales for fiscal year Updated: Jul-31-15 3:35 am
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - The Kentucky Lottery says despite falling sales for multistate games, it produced record sales in fiscal year 2015.
- Lottery exploring ticket sales online and at bank machines Updated: Jul-30-15 4:29 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - The Florida Lottery is considering selling lottery tickets online or alongside ATMs to combat relatively flat sales of some of the more well-known games.
- Scratch ticket sales drive Iowa Lottery sales up 3.5 percent Updated: Jul-30-15 1:29 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Iowa Lottery sales are up in 2015 from a year ago due primarily to the popularity of scratch tickets which rose 12 percent from the previous year setting a new sales record of $212 million, lottery officials said in the annual financial report released Thursday.
- Serbia lottery chief resigns in live ticket draw scandal Updated: Jul-30-15 12:31 pm
BELGRADE, Serbia - The head of Serbia's state lottery resigned on Thursday following allegations of fraud during a live ticket draw this week.
- No big winners in Wednesday's lottery drawings Updated: Jul-30-15 5:23 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - The Louisiana Lottery Corporation says nobody won the two major jackpots in the Louisiana Lotto and multistate Powerball drawings on Wednesday night.
- Virginia trucker wins $92M prize from Pennsylvania Lottery Updated: Jul-29-15 5:44 pm
MIDDLETOWN, Pennsylvania - A truck driver who purchased a Mega Millions ticket at a truck stop claimed his $92 million prize Wednesday at Pennsylvania Lottery headquarters.
- Patience pays off for Missouri Powerball jackpot winner Updated: Jul-29-15 12:46 pm
ST. LOUIS - For two decades, Tom Rea of St. Louis played the same Powerball numbers.
- Wyoming lottery not to release some financial documents Updated: Jul-28-15 2:37 pm
CASPER, Wyoming - The Wyoming Lottery no longer will release banking and loan documents, vendor contracts and sales data of individual retailers after the lottery board passed a new public records policy.
- No Lotto jackpot winner; top prize rises to $3 million Updated: Jul-26-15 10:02 am
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - No tickets matched all six winning Florida Lotto numbers, so the jackpot now rises to $3 million.
- Wyoming lottery predicts $200,000 profit in first full year Updated: Jul-24-15 4:17 pm
CASPER, Wyoming - WyoLotto officials expect to end up with about $201,000 in net income at the end of the lottery's first full year.
- Clocking ticking for unclaimed $7M lottery prize in NY Updated: Jul-24-15 3:05 pm
ALBANY, New York - Time is running out for whoever purchased a New York state lottery ticket worth $7 million.
- 4 Fantasy 5 players win jackpot worth $54,625.17 each Updated: Jul-23-15 9:08 am
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Four "Fantasy 5" players have selected all five winning numbers to each take home a jackpot of $54,625.17.
- Jackpot-winning Mega Millions ticket sold in Pennsylvania Updated: Jul-22-15 1:52 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - The Pennsylvania Lottery says a Mega Millions ticket worth as much as $152 million was sold in Northumberland County.
- Ex-lottery worker convicted of rigging system to win $14M Updated: Jul-20-15 2:26 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - A former lottery security official was found guilty Monday of rigging a computerized Hot Lotto game so he could win a $14 million jackpot then trying to get acquaintances to cash the prize for him without revealing his identity.
- Lottery winner sentenced for stealing from brother's company Updated: Jul-18-15 5:06 pm
BROCKTON, Massachusetts - A southeastern Massachusetts woman who won a $1 million lottery prize must pay over $100,000 in a criminal case against her after admitting she stole from her brother's business while he battled cancer.
- Lucky Money jackpot rises to $700,000 Updated: Jul-18-15 8:49 am
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - No tickets matched all four "Lucky Money" numbers plus the Lucky Ball, bringing the next jackpot to $550,000.
- State lottery sales increase slightly despite fewer jackpots Updated: Jul-17-15 11:34 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - Lottery ticket sales increased slightly in North Dakota over the last fiscal year despite fewer multimillion dollar jackpots, the state's lottery director said.
- NC Education Lottery to let players buy tickets at pump Updated: Jul-17-15 4:05 am
RALEIGH, North Carolina - At nearly every gas station in North Carolina, you can pay at the pump. Thanks to the N.C. Education Lottery, motorists can now play at the pump as well.
- Hot Lotto ticket sold in Rapid City worth $9,000 Updated: Jul-16-15 5:50 pm
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - A Hot Lotto ticket sold in Rapid City is worth $9,000 in the Wednesday drawing.
- Oregon undersheriff keeps working after winning Megabucks Updated: Jul-16-15 12:30 pm
BOARDMAN, Oregon - Steve Myren thought he was having a heart attack.
- Idaho's dividend from state lottery decreases Updated: Jul-16-15 9:49 am
BOISE, Idaho - Idaho's revenue from the state lottery has declined for the first time in 11 years, but still provided a $45 million boost for the state's schools and public buildings.
- Kansas lottery, casino revenue hits record high Updated: Jul-15-15 6:07 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - The Kansas Lottery is reporting a record high $155 million in lottery and casino gambling revenues during the fiscal year that just ended.
- Myrtle Beach man finds, claims $1M lottery ticket from June Updated: Jul-15-15 5:37 am
MYRTLE BEACH, South Carolina - A Myrtle Beach man has found a $1 million Powerball ticket after searching his stack of old lottery tickets.
- Massachusetts lottery profits exceed expectations Updated: Jul-14-15 10:11 am
BRAINTREE, Massachusetts - The Massachusetts State Lottery made an estimated $983.5 million in profits and outperformed expectations during the just ended fiscal year, the last it won't face competition from casinos.