- Buchholz tosses complete game, Red Sox beat Astros 6-1 Updated: Jul-04-15 5:12 pm
- Harper uses patriotic themed bat, homers to help Nats win Updated: Jul-04-15 5:11 pm
WASHINGTON - Seems like every bat Bryce Harper uses this season provides fireworks for the Washington Nationals.
- Nationals pitcher Strasburg exits early with injury Updated: Jul-04-15 4:48 pm
WASHINGTON - Washington Nationals' pitcher Stephen Strasburg left Saturday's game against the San Francisco Giants in the fourth inning after experiencing tightness in his left side.
- Yankees beat Rays 3-2 on 9th-inning error by Boxberger Updated: Jul-04-15 4:17 pm
- Florida diver shot, seriously injured by another diver Updated: Jul-04-15 3:07 pm
SARASOTA, Florida - Authorities are investigating after a Florida diver shot and seriously injured a fellow diver.
- Andrew Miller could be back with Yankees soon Updated: Jul-04-15 1:36 pm
NEW YORK - Injured closer Andrew Miller threw 30 pitches in a bullpen session and could soon return to the New York Yankees.
- Tigers' Cabrera on DL for 1st time, out 6 weeks Updated: Jul-04-15 12:14 pm
DETROIT - Detroit slugger Miguel Cabrera will be sidelined with a calf injury for at least six weeks after the Tigers placed the AL batting leader on the disabled list for the first time in his career.
- Rockies stymied after fast start, lose 4-3 to D-backs in 10 Updated: Jul-04-15 3:38 am
PHOENIX - The Colorado Rockies got off to a fine start on Friday night, but things fizzled.
- Pennington's sac fly in 10th wins it for Diamondbacks, 4-3 Updated: Jul-04-15 2:59 am
PHOENIX - Cliff Pennington added to his list of walkoff RBIs.
- Mears' first MLS goal lifts Sounders past United, 1-0 Updated: Jul-04-15 2:47 am
SEATTLE - For Tyrone Mears, it was just a hunch. Turned into the right hunch for him and for the Seattle Sounders.
- 4 home runs too much for A's to overcome Updated: Jul-04-15 1:54 am
OAKLAND, California - Jesse Chavez still can't get a win against the Seattle Mariners. Towering two-run home runs by Logan Morrison and Seth Smith made sure of that.
- Tough MLB debut for Noe Ramirez; Astros beat Sox 12-8 in 10 Updated: Jul-04-15 1:17 am
BOSTON - The bullpen door opened and Noe Ramirez jogged into a major league game for first time in his career.
- Mariners hit 4 HRs in 9-5 win over A's Updated: Jul-04-15 1:17 am
OAKLAND, California - J.A. Happ acknowledged his frustration through a series of losses and no-decisions that had piled up since early May. He got a breather Friday night.
- Angels win 8-2 in 1st game vs. Texas since trading Hamilton Updated: Jul-04-15 12:32 am
ARLINGTON, Texas - The way Angels manager Mike Scioscia looked at things, there really wasn't anything unusual seeing Josh Hamilton playing for the other team.
- Morgan hurt by HRs as Phillies fall to Braves 2-1 Updated: Jul-03-15 11:57 pm
ATLANTA - Adam Morgan couldn't beat his hometown team even while winning more respect from his new manager.
- Cabrera likely to go on DL after Tigers top Jays 8-6 Updated: Jul-03-15 11:35 pm
DETROIT - Miguel Cabrera's calf injury overshadowed Anibal Sanchez's no-hit bid for the Detroit Tigers.
- Rangers' Hamilton has no emotions facing Angels for 1st time Updated: Jul-03-15 11:23 pm
ARLINGTON, Texas - Josh Hamilton insisted that he had no extra emotions playing the Angels for the first time since Los Angeles traded him back to Texas.
- Uribe's HR lifts Teheran, Braves to 2-1 win over Phillies Updated: Jul-03-15 11:17 pm
ATLANTA - Julio Teheran can't explain the dramatic gap between his home success and road struggles.
- Cabrera leaves Tigers' game with strained left calf Updated: Jul-03-15 8:53 pm
DETROIT - Miguel Cabrera left Friday's game against the Toronto Blue Jays in the fourth inning with a strained left calf.
- AP sources: Kings agree to deals with Rondo, Belinelli Updated: Jul-03-15 8:50 pm
After missing targets at the start of free agency, the Sacramento Kings finally filled out their backcourt Friday.
- Carlos Beltran on DL, CC Sabathia start pushed back Updated: Jul-03-15 8:14 pm
NEW YORK - The New York Yankees placed Carlos Beltran on the 15-day disabled list Friday because a strained left oblique muscle, and they pushed CC Sabathia's next start back three days so he can work on fixing some pitching problems.
- RHP Straily recalled from Triple-A; RHP Feliz to Triple-A Updated: Jul-03-15 7:35 pm
BOSTON - The Houston Astros recalled Dan Straily, Friday night's starting pitcher, from Triple-A Fresno for their game against the Boston Red Sox.
- Offense can't support Hammel in Cubs 2-1 loss to Marlins Updated: Jul-03-15 7:12 pm
CHICAGO - Jason Hammel knows that quality pitching is one reason why the Chicago Cubs continue to play meaningful baseball.
- Twins put OF Robinson on family emergency leave Updated: Jul-03-15 7:06 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The Minnesota Twins have placed outfielder Shane Robinson on family emergency leave.
- Home runs, Koehler lift Marlins to 2-1 win over Cubs Updated: Jul-03-15 7:05 pm
CHICAGO - Justin Bour spent five years in the minor league system for the Cubs.