- Funding included for C-17 squadron at 911th Airlift Wing Updated: Feb-09-16 5:23 pm
PITTSBURGH - The budget sent by President Obama to Congress on Tuesday includes $85 million to establish a squadron of C-17 carbon planes at a western Pennsylvania Air Force base.
- Southern Arizona fire started by Air Force training grows Updated: Feb-09-16 2:06 pm
ARIVACA, Arizona - Firefighters in southern Arizona are battling a blaze that started during a training mission involving an airman from Davis-Monthan Air Force Base.
- Ellmers to Air Force: Prove Ft. Bragg doesn't need air wing Updated: Feb-09-16 9:51 am
FAYETTEVILLE, North Carolina - U.S. Rep. Renee Ellmers wants the Air Force to prove it can cover Army airborne operations out of Fort Bragg without an airlift wing based there.
- Indian soldier buried by avalanche saved; 9 bodies recovered Updated: Feb-09-16 7:22 am
SRINAGAR, India - An Indian soldier buried by an avalanche for six days in the Himalayan region of Kashmir has been found alive and was pulled from the snow, along with the bodies of nine other soldiers, officials said Tuesday.
- Air Force training mission starts brush fire in Arivaca Updated: Feb-08-16 9:12 pm
ARIVACA, Arizona - Authorities are trying to contain a large brush fire near the southern Arizona town of Arivaca that reportedly was started by accident by a Davis-Monthan Air Force Base airman.
- $32.6M Selfridge jet fuel storage, delivery system planned Updated: Feb-08-16 7:36 am
HARRISON TOWNSHIP, Michigan - Officials say a new $32.6 million jet fuel storage and delivery system will be built at Selfridge Air National Guard Base in suburban Detroit.
- Malmstrom Air Base wins top ICBM award Updated: Feb-07-16 3:58 pm
GREAT FALLS, Montana - The 341st Missile Wing at Malmstrom Air Force Base has been recognized as the best missile wing within U.S. Strategic Command.
- Senators decry decision downsizing Pope Field planes Updated: Feb-05-16 5:37 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - North Carolina's senators are decrying a decision that will leave Fort Bragg without any C-130s permanently based at the Army base.
- Minot Air Force Base economic impact estimated at $600M Updated: Feb-05-16 12:43 pm
MINOT, North Dakota - Minot Air Force Base officials say the facility contributed nearly $600 million to the local economy last year.
- Barker part of Naval Air Station Corpus Christi anniversary Updated: Feb-05-16 11:23 am
CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas - Former "The Price is Right" host Bob Barker will return to a Texas military installation where he became a Navy fighter pilot to help celebrate its 75th anniversary.
- JBLM team returns from somber mission in Delaware Updated: Feb-05-16 8:02 am
TACOMA, Washington - Airmen from Washington's Joint Base Lewis-McChord have regularly traveled to Delaware to help handle the bodies of slain military service members, but that task may be coming to an end.
- Air Force to shift refueling tankers to western NY base Updated: Feb-04-16 12:20 pm
NIAGARA FALLS, New York - Authorities say the U.S. Air Force will transfer eight KC-135 refueling aircraft to the Niagara Falls air base in a decision seen as important to the future of the facility.
- Ellsworth officials 'committed' to being good neighbors Updated: Feb-04-16 11:53 am
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - Officials at Ellsworth Air Force Base in South Dakota say they're committed to being good neighbors to the pilots and communities in their newly expanded training zone.
- Army base: Tornado destroyed vehicles, displaced residents Updated: Feb-04-16 7:21 am
FORT STEWART, Georgia - Military officials at Fort Stewart say numerous vehicles were destroyed and 40 to 50 people were displaced from housing areas when a tornado touched down on the Army base in southeast Georgia.
- Ranchers ask for more Air Force flight information Updated: Feb-03-16 7:40 pm
A South Dakota livestock organization is petitioning U.S. Air Force officials to provide more information to ranchers who monitor their herds and land by air in a newly expanded training zone.
- Florida man admits to bribery at Georgia military base Updated: Feb-03-16 6:41 pm
ATLANTA - A Florida man has pleaded guilty to bribing a public official at a Georgia military base.
- Fort Sill to trim civilian jobs, some military positions Updated: Feb-03-16 4:51 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - The U.S. Army artillery post in southwest Oklahoma is expected to trim civilian jobs and some military positions but still have a net gain of more than 400 active-duty military personnel by the end of next year.
- Nigerian Air Force: Drone bombs Boko Haram base Updated: Feb-03-16 12:46 pm
LAGOS, Nigeria - The Nigerian Air Force says a drone bombed a Boko Haram logistics base in the northeast, possibly hitting an ammunition depot and dealing a "major setback" to the Islamic extremists.
- Turkey bans Russian observation flight near Syria border Updated: Feb-03-16 11:26 am
MOSCOW - The Russian military says Turkey has violated an international treaty by barring a planned Russian surveillance flight.
- Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling to conduct active shooter drill Updated: Feb-03-16 4:35 am
WASHINGTON - The Navy says military personnel at Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling in Washington are holding an active-shooter drill as part of their anti-terrorism training.
- Coast Guard flies sick cruise passenger to hospital Updated: Feb-02-16 7:51 am
ELIZABETH CITY, North Carolina - The Coast Guard has taken a sick woman off a cruise ship about 230 miles east of Cape Hatteras.
- Ohio military base holding emergency response exercises Updated: Feb-02-16 3:05 am
DAYTON, Ohio - Tighter security measures are expected at a southwest Ohio military base as it conducts training exercises to test base responses to emergency situations.
- South Dakota base holds service for airman killed overseas Updated: Jan-28-16 8:14 am
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - Soldiers, family and friends gathered at Ellsworth Air Force Base this week to remember an airman killed in the line of duty in Afghanistan.
- World War II Zero fighter flies over Japan Updated: Jan-27-16 9:06 pm
KANOYA, Japan - One of Mitsubishi's legendary World War II fighter planes took to the skies over Japan on Wednesday.
- Hill Air Force Base to drop bombs in F-35 training missions Updated: Jan-27-16 12:04 pm
HILL AIR FORCE BASE, Utah - Hill Air Force Base officials say fighter pilots will be dropping bombs as part of routine training missions this winter.