- The Latest: Russia denies losing helicopters at Syrian base Updated: May-24-16 10:10 am
BEIRUT - The Latest on the violence in Syria a day after deadly attacks claimed by the Islamic State group targeted government strongholds (all times local):
- Feds seek comment on planned $280M rail terminal on coast Updated: May-24-16 5:27 am
NORTH CHARLESTON, South Carolina - The Army Corps of Engineers is holding a public hearing on plans to build a $280 million rail yard at the old Charleston Navy Base to transfer shipping containers between trains and a port terminal that's being built nearby.
- Kansas man pleads guilty to aiding foiled bomb plot Updated: May-23-16 3:44 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - A man accused of aiding a foiled plot to bomb a Kansas military post on behalf of the Islamic State group pleaded guilty to conspiracy on Monday, admitting that he loaned a friend money to store the explosives that he intended to use in the attack.
- Naval Academy students cap Herndon Monument Updated: May-23-16 3:32 pm
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - The U.S. Naval Academy's plebe class has capped the Herndon Monument.
- The Latest: UN says 50,000 civilians in Fallujah at risk Updated: May-23-16 3:03 pm
DAMASCUS, Syria - The Latest on a violent day in the Middle East, with deadly bombings in Syria and Yemen and the start of an Iraqi government offensive to retake the city of Fallujah from the Islamic State group (all times local):
- 3 DC National Guardsmen indicted in stolen credit card plot Updated: May-23-16 2:51 pm
GREENBELT, Maryland - Three D.C. Army National Guardsmen have been indicted in plots to obtain stolen credit and debit card numbers, re-encode cards and buy items at stores on military bases.
- Shaw Air Force Base hosting open house, Thunderbirds show Updated: May-22-16 6:11 am
SHAW AIR FORCE BASE, South Carolina - Shaw Air Force Base is filling the skies over central South Carolina with flights by the Air Force Thunderbirds precision flying team and the U.S. Army's Black Daggers parachutists.
- Russian military shows off its elite aerobatic flying teams Updated: May-21-16 12:17 pm
KUBINKA AIR BASE, Russia - The Russian military's elite aerobatic squadrons have marked their 25-year jubilee with an air show outside Moscow.
- Keesler getting aeromedical evacuation squadron Updated: May-21-16 10:35 am
BILOXI, Mississippi - The U.S. Air Force will move an aeromedical evacuation squadron to Keesler Air Force Base in Biloxi, bringing 122 people.
- Agency tells Ohio Air Force base to stop drinking water use Updated: May-20-16 7:09 pm
- Atlantic City Coast Guard station gets new commander Updated: May-20-16 3:57 pm
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - The Coast Guard's Atlantic City air station has a new commanding officer.
- Military aircraft to conduct low-level flights in some areas Updated: May-20-16 1:27 pm
HARRISON TOWNSHIP, Michigan - Fighter and refueling aircraft from Selfridge Air National Guard Base are expected to conduct flights next week over the Detroit River, downtown Detroit and other areas in Michigan.
- Free bottled water for those near suburban Philly bases Updated: May-20-16 7:56 am
WILLOW GROVE, Pennsylvania - The federal government is offering free bottled water to people whose public and private wells might have been contaminated by chemicals used at two former U.S. Navy bases in suburban Philadelphia.
- All 7 crew members safe as B-52 crashes on Guam Updated: May-19-16 2:02 pm
HAGATNA, Guam - All seven crew members made it out safely when their North Dakota-based B-52 crashed on Guam shortly after takeoff, the U.S. Air Force said. No injuries were reported.
- Leader of Indiana's Grissom air base retiring from military Updated: May-19-16 11:20 am
PERU, Indiana - The commander of northern Indiana's Grissom Air Reserve Base has stepped down after nearly two years in the position.
- Oxygen tanks explode at US military base in South Korea Updated: May-19-16 9:38 am
SEOUL, South Korea - More than 20 oxygen tanks exploded at a U.S. military base in South Korea on Thursday, triggering a fire, but there were no reports of casualties, South Korean officials said.
- Illinois fights US spy agency decision to stay in St. Louis Updated: May-18-16 4:54 pm
ST. LOUIS - Illinois officials are aggressively fighting the preliminary decision to relocate a federal spy agency to a new site in St. Louis, rather than to a site across the Mississippi River in a suburban area of southern Illinois.
- US commander: Islamic State trying to regain initiative Updated: May-18-16 2:53 pm
KUWAIT CITY - Deadly bombings in Baghdad may signal a shift in tactics by the Islamic State, determined to rebound from a series of battlefield losses and the group's hope that attacks in the capital will distract already divided Iraqi leaders, a top U.S. general said Wednesday.
- Weather forces cancellation of Air Force secretary's jump Updated: May-18-16 1:47 pm
CANNON AIR FORCE BASE, New Mexico - Weather put a damper on Air Force Secretary Deborah Lee James' plans for a tandem parachute jump with members of a special unit training at Cannon Air Force Base.
- Air National Guard Base near Detroit to celebrate 100 years Updated: May-17-16 7:46 pm
HARRISON TOWNSHIP, Michigan - An open house, air show and other events are planned next year as officials at Selfridge Air National Guard Base celebrate the facility's 100th anniversary.
- Army's Fort Jackson reducing Moncrief hospital to clinic Updated: May-17-16 4:44 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - The Army is reducing services at Fort Jackson's Moncrief Army Community Hospital and turning it into a health clinic, officials said Tuesday.
- New 2-star general takes command of 9th Air Force at Shaw Updated: May-17-16 7:45 am
SHAW AIR FORCE BASE, South Carolina - Maj. Gen. Scott Zobrist is taking over as the new commander of the 9th Air Force based at Shaw Air Force Base in South Carolina.
- Air Force secretary to make first jump with airmen Updated: May-17-16 5:57 am
CANNON AIR FORCE BASE, New Mexico - Air Force Secretary Deborah Lee James is preparing to make her first tandem parachute jump with members of a special unit at Cannon Air Force Base.
- Schumer, Gillibrand tour western NY Air Reserve base Updated: May-16-16 11:50 am
NIAGARA FALLS, New York - U.S. Sens. Charles Schumer and Kirsten Gillibrand say a western New York air base needs to be expanded and improved ahead of its new mission.
- Flying unit at Ohio Air Force base gets new commander Updated: May-16-16 3:36 am
DAYTON, Ohio - The last remaining flying unit at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base in southwest Ohio has a new commander.