- Groton Navy base to mark Independence Day with 21-gun salute Updated: Jul-04-15 5:04 am
GROTON, Connecticut - The Navy base in Groton is marking Independence Day with a 21-gun salute.
- Colorado Guard jets to stage July Fourth flyovers Updated: Jul-03-15 6:13 am
BUCKLEY AIR FORCE BASE, Colorado - F-16 fighter jets from the Colorado Air National Guard will stage seven flyovers across the state for July Fourth parades and celebrations.
- Army sergeant pleads guilty to conspiring to take bribes Updated: Jul-02-15 4:11 pm
PADUCAH, Kentucky - A Fort Campbell Army sergeant has pleaded guilty to conspiring to take bribes from vendors seeking contracts in Afghanistan.
- Grand Forks Air Force Base has new commander Updated: Jul-01-15 8:11 pm
GRAND FORKS, North Dakota - Grand Forks Air Force Base is under a new command.
- Air Force professor found stranded on cliff after 2 days Updated: Jul-01-15 2:01 pm
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado - An Air Force Academy professor who went missing for two days while on a hike is recovering after he got injured and stranded on a cliff face in Colorado.
- Ellsworth AFB leasing space to in-home health care company Updated: Jun-30-15 3:24 pm
ELLSWORTH AIR FORCE BASE, South Dakota - A Virginia-based in-home health care company has signed a lease for space at Ellsworth Air Force Base in western South Dakota.
- General takes over Air Force Central Command at Shaw AFB Updated: Jun-30-15 9:40 am
SHAW AIR FORCE BASE, South Carolina - A new general has taken over as head of U.S. Air Force operations in the 20-nation region from the Mideast into southwestern Asia that is headquartered at Shaw Air Force Base.
- Radford Army Ammunition Plant seeks burning permit renewal Updated: Jun-28-15 11:23 am
RADFORD, Virginia - The Radford Army Ammunition Plant has asked state regulators to renew its open burning permit.
- Joint Base gets new commander Updated: Jun-26-15 8:43 am
MCGUIRE AIR FORCE BASE, New Jersey - New Jersey's Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst has a new commander.
- Coast Guard Training Center Yorktown has command change Updated: Jun-26-15 4:43 am
YORKTOWN, Virginia - Coast Guard Training Center Yorktown has undergone a change of command.
- Army defends past use of Confederate soldiers in base names Updated: Jun-24-15 6:02 pm
WASHINGTON - The Army on Wednesday defended its past practice of naming forts and posts after Confederate Army generals, saying they memorialize historic figures, "not causes or ideologies."
- Searchers comb Alaska glacier for GIs killed in 1950s crash Updated: Jun-24-15 11:11 am
COLONY GLACIER, Alaska - Scientists and volunteers tethered in safety gear and ice cleats painstakingly scoured the frozen dirt and ice to see if a glacier had given up any more of its dead before they are swept into a lake and lost to history.
- Robins Air Force Base unit gets new commander Updated: Jun-23-15 6:38 am
WARNER ROBINS, Georgia - One of the highest profile units at Robins Air Force Base has a new leader.
- Army panel weighs dismissing ex-Green Beret hero from ranks Updated: Jun-23-15 4:13 am
FORT BRAGG, North Carolina - A Fort Bragg panel of Army Special Forces officers is meeting to weigh arguments why a soldier stripped of his heroism honors and the right to call himself a Green Beret should stay on active duty.
- High carcinogen levels found in some Sacramento County wells Updated: Jun-22-15 11:32 am
RIO LINDA, California - A search for new sources of water by Sacramento County's Rio Linda-Elverta Community Water District has found that wells closest to a former Air Force base have high levels of hexavalent chromium, or chromium-6, a known carcinogen.
- Officials: Security issues with main gate at Kessler base Updated: Jun-22-15 9:02 am
BILOXI, Mississippi - The price tag for moving the main gate to Keesler Air Force Base is $30 million but security issues have prompted Biloxi Mayor Andrew "FoFo" Gilich to make it happen.
- Vermont Army National Guard brigade trains at Fort Drum Updated: Jun-21-15 8:25 am
COLCHESTER, Vermont - The Vermont Army National Guard's 86th Infantry Brigade Combat Team is in Fort Drum, New York, for an annual training.
- Germany turning 62 military bases into nature reserves Updated: Jun-19-15 8:41 am
BERLIN - Germany's Environment Ministry says 62 former military bases and training areas are being turned into nature reserves, providing some 77,000 new acres of protected land for wildlife.
- Wounded warriors compete in athletic games in Quantico, Va. Updated: Jun-19-15 4:22 am
QUANTICO, Virginia - The spirit of competition is bringing about 270 wounded warriors to Quantico, Virginia, for 10 days of athletic games.
- Locations of US bases involving Agent Orange exposure Updated: Jun-18-15 9:04 am
The Department of Veterans Affairs said Thursday it will provide millions of dollars in disability benefits to as many as 2,100 Air Force reservists and active-duty forces exposed to Agent Orange residue on C-123 planes that had been used in the Vietnam War.
- New traffic control tower planned for Grayling Army Airfield Updated: Jun-18-15 6:43 am
GRAYLING, Michigan - A new air traffic control tower is planned for Grayling Army Airfield.
- SC Chamber of Commerce, state hold job fair for military Updated: Jun-16-15 4:26 am
FORT JACKSON, South Carolina - Members of the Chamber of Commerce, South Carolina state government and the Army's Fort Jackson are joining forces to help military veterans find jobs.
- Gay pride event set to take place at Alaska military base Updated: Jun-11-15 1:59 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - An event commemorating lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender pride month will be held at a military base in Alaska next week.
- Minot Air Force Base planes, people in England for exercises Updated: Jun-11-15 6:53 am
MINOT, North Dakota - Minot Air Force Base bombers and personnel are in England this week participating in multinational military exercises.
- Fort Campbell to get new garrison commander next week Updated: Jun-11-15 6:34 am
FORT CAMPBELL, Kentucky - Army officials say Col. David "Buck" Dellinger will relinquish command of U.S. Army Garrison Fort Campbell to incoming commander Col. James R. Salome next week.