- $15M slated for Maine company to bolster Navy facilities Updated: May-05-16 12:15 am
KITTERY, Maine - A Biddeford company will get $15 million from the U.S. Navy for projects at Portsmouth Naval Shipyard and other New England naval facilities.
- Malta's premier visits Libya to discuss migration, security Updated: May-04-16 9:55 am
VALLETTA, Malta - Malta's prime minister became the first head of government to visit Libya since the formation of a unity government following a U.N.-brokered agreement, meeting the Libyan prime minister-designate at a naval base near Tripoli's international airport.
- People holding blanket save mom, kids from fire in S. Korea Updated: May-04-16 9:42 am
SEOUL, South Korea - Residents and U.S. military personnel in a South Korean city rescued a woman and her three children from a fire by safely catching them with a blanket as they fell four floors, fire officials said Wednesday.
- China military tries musical approach to image building Updated: May-04-16 8:00 am
BEIJING - China's military has a bulging arsenal of ships, warplanes and missiles, but this week, music is its weapon of choice.
- Ireland Army Hospital limiting new surgeries starting June 1 Updated: May-04-16 5:19 am
FORT KNOX, Kentucky - Ireland Army Community Hospital at Fort Knox says it will begin limiting new surgery cases starting next month.
- South Carolina military police on tap for Guantanamo force Updated: May-03-16 3:07 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Military police from the South Carolina Army National Guard have been ordered to prepare for a possible deployment to Guantanamo Bay Naval Base in Cuba as early as this fall, a Guard official said Tuesday.
- Mexican tall ship to visit New London Updated: May-01-16 3:16 pm
NEW LONDON, Connecticut - A tall ship that belongs to the Mexican Navy is visiting New London this week as part of a goodwill mission.
- Fort Leavenworth commanding general departs for Hawaii post Updated: Apr-29-16 11:59 am
FORT LEAVENWORTH, Kansas - The commanding general of Fort Leavenworth in Kansas has been picked to lead the U.S. Army Pacific in Hawaii.
- New Hampshire starting to investigate likely foam sites Updated: Apr-29-16 10:38 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - New Hampshire is trying to find out where else firefighting foam may have been used around the state following the discovery of elevated levels of a chemical linked to the foam in well water at a former Air Force base in Portsmouth.
- South Korea: Suspected midrange North Korean missiles fail Updated: Apr-28-16 3:49 pm
SEOUL, South Korea - North Korea attempted unsuccessfully to launch two suspected powerful intermediate-range missiles on Thursday, South Korean defense officials said, bringing the number of apparent failures in recent weeks to three.
- 5 Frederick homes may get city water after 10-year wait Updated: Apr-27-16 12:34 pm
FREDERICK, Maryland - Residents of five Frederick homes near Fort Detrick may finally have clean tap water after getting bottled water shipments supplied by the Army for the past 10 years.
- Mold removed from Offutt Air Force Base's new building Updated: Apr-26-16 1:49 pm
OFFUTT AIR FORCE BASE, Nebraska - Military officials say 4,000 feet of mold-infested ductwork has been removed from the U.S. Strategic Command's new headquarters at Offutt Air Force Base.
- Iowa National Guard unit mobilized for Afghanistan mission Updated: Apr-26-16 6:50 am
JOHNSTON, Iowa - The Iowa Army National Guard says it's mobilizing a Johnston-based supply outfit for an Afghanistan support mission.
- India asks Pakistan to curb terror groups targeting India Updated: Apr-26-16 6:44 am
NEW DELHI - India on Tuesday asked Pakistan to rein in terrorist groups operating from its soil and targeting India, expressing dissatisfaction with action taken so far against suspects of an attack on an Indian air force base in January.
- A Washington ritual: Pentagon, Congress at odds over bases Updated: Apr-25-16 2:58 pm
WASHINGTON - The Pentagon thinks it has a winning argument for why Congress should allow a new round of military base closings. The case goes like this: The Army and Air Force have vastly more space for training and basing troops than they need, and trimming the surplus would save money better used to strengthen the military.
- Consultants hired to help secure Davis-Monthan base's future Updated: Apr-25-16 1:09 pm
TUCSON, Arizona - A group supporting Davis-Monthan Air Force Base has hired a consulting firm to help secure the base's future.
- Air Force bases in Oklahoma await new fleet of KC-46 tankers Updated: Apr-25-16 12:52 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY, Oklahoma - A new fleet of tankers is expected to give the U.S. Air Force a more efficient option for refueling planes midflight.
- US flies F-22s to Romania as show of strength to Russia Updated: Apr-25-16 11:16 am
CONSTANTA, Romania - The U.S. Air Force on Monday flew in two F-22 Raptor fighter jets to Romania as a show of strength to deter Russian intervention in Ukraine.
- Submarine museum to open exhibit on Groton base history Updated: Apr-24-16 12:17 pm
GROTON, Connecticut - The Navy's submarine force museum is opening a new exhibit dedicated to the history of Naval Submarine Base New London.
- About 35 Vermont Air Guard members due back from Florida Updated: Apr-23-16 8:28 am
SOUTH BURLINGTON, Vermont - About 35 civil engineers from the Vermont Air National Guard are due to return to the state after an exercise in Florida.
- Whiteman drone pilots receive new, more prestigious title Updated: Apr-22-16 3:59 pm
WHITEMAN AIR FORCE BASE, Missouri - The Air Force will now recognize drone pilots who conduct remote military strikes from Whiteman Air Force Base as "attack squadrons," a designation with more prestige that could help with retention and recruitment.
- Possible Navy drone base environmental assessment underway Updated: Apr-22-16 6:06 am
NORFOLK, Virginia - Officials say the results of an environmental assessment for a potential Navy drone base on Virginia's Eastern Shore may be finished by late summer.
- Public to get up-close tour of Army's Fort Jackson Updated: Apr-22-16 4:12 am
FORT JACKSON, South Carolina - For those who've always wondered what it's like to train as a soldier, visitors can tour the Army's largest training installation this month.
- Work starting on Selfridge jet fuel storage, delivery system Updated: Apr-21-16 9:23 pm
HARRISON TOWNSHIP, Michigan - Work is officially starting on a new jet fuel storage and delivery system at Selfridge Air National Guard Base in suburban Detroit.
- Gov. Haley, military join forces to support military kids Updated: Apr-21-16 4:23 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Gov. Nikki Haley and members of South Carolina's military are joining forces to support the children of military families.