- Lawyers for Schock say documents handed over to prosecutors Updated: Nov-27-15 4:03 pm
PEORIA, Illinois - Attorneys for former Illinois congressman Aaron Schock say they have reached an agreement with federal prosecutors on documents currently under review by a federal judge.
- Ohio Lt. Gov. Taylor responds to state watchdog's report Updated: Nov-27-15 3:07 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio's lieutenant governor said Friday that her office has made some changes recommended in a report that found a former top aide of hers claimed traveling to salon appointments as work and got paid for it.
- Former FIFA president Joao Havelange hospitalized in Rio Updated: Nov-27-15 2:23 pm
RIO DE JANEIRO - Former FIFA president Joao Havelange is being treated in a Rio de Janeiro hospital for respiratory problems.
- Mexican Green Party leader resigns post amid investigation Updated: Nov-26-15 12:49 am
MEXICO CITY - Mexican prosecutors said Wednesday that they have opened a criminal investigation of a leader of Mexico's Green Party for allegedly violating electoral laws in June's midterm elections.
- Chile FF president in Miami after resigning amid FIFA probe Updated: Nov-25-15 1:12 pm
SANTIAGO, Chile - The whereabouts of the former president of Chile's soccer federation has been solved.
- Dutch soccer club president quits after player deals leaked Updated: Nov-25-15 12:34 pm
ENSCHEDE, Netherlands - The president of Dutch soccer club FC Twente has resigned after leaked documents revealed a deal with outside investors for the transfer of players.
- State lawmaker declines top technology college job Updated: Nov-23-15 5:53 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - State Sen. Aaron Osmond won't be serving as the new president of the Utah College of Applied Technology after all.
- Perez says Real Madrid remains fully behind Benitez Updated: Nov-23-15 3:03 pm
MADRID - Real Madrid president Florentino Perez insisted Monday that the club remains fully behind coach Rafa Benitez despite the humiliating loss to Barcelona this weekend.
- Lithuania police ditch Kalashnikovs after recent incidents Updated: Nov-23-15 1:52 pm
VILNIUS, Lithuania - Lithuanian police are hanging up their Kalashnikovs - handed out to officers after the Paris attacks - following two embarrassing incidents involving the Soviet-made assault rifles.
- DA appeals judge's refusal to step down in fatal arson Updated: Nov-21-15 4:44 pm
PITTSBURGH - Prosecutors have appealed a judge's refusal to step down from the retrial of a man charged with setting a fire that killed three Pittsburgh firefighters two decades ago.
- Mizzou facing image crisis after racial issues, upheaval Updated: Nov-21-15 12:12 pm
COLUMBIA, Missouri - With changes afoot, the University of Missouri is facing an image crisis after days of protests over concerns about the administration's handling of racial issues and subsequent leadership resignations.
- Woodley resigns as University of Louisiana system president Updated: Nov-20-15 6:52 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - The University of Louisiana System's president announced Friday that she plans to resign at the end of the year.
- Gov. Kate Brown's chief of staff resigns Updated: Nov-20-15 4:48 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Gov. Kate Brown's chief of staff has resigned after nine months on the job.
- Franz Beckenbauer says 'I signed everything* Updated: Nov-20-15 4:04 pm
FRANKFURT, Germany - Franz Beckenbauer says a contract he signed with former high-ranking FIFA official Jack Warner ahead of the vote to decide the host of the 2006 World Cup was an aid package.
- Heads of Poland's intelligence resign following gov't change Updated: Nov-19-15 8:52 am
WARSAW, Poland - The heads of Poland's four civilian and military intelligence agencies have resigned following the change in the country's political leadership.
- Judges resign from justice reform group in northeast Ohio Updated: Nov-19-15 4:23 am
CLEVELAND - Judges in northeast Ohio say they're leaving a justice reform group in Cuyahoga (ky-uh-HOH'-guh) County.
- Illinois levee district chief resigns ahead of removal vote Updated: Nov-19-15 3:53 am
BELLEVILLE, Illinois - A southwestern Illinois levee district president has resigned ahead of a vote to remove him from office.
- Umpqua CC interim president opts against extending stay Updated: Nov-18-15 10:55 am
ROSEBURG, Oregon - Forty-five days later, so much is different now for Umpqua Community College interim president Rita Cavin.
- Former West German Chancellor Helmut Schmidt dies at age 96 Updated: Nov-10-15 7:39 pm
BERLIN - Helmut Schmidt, the chancellor who guided West Germany through economic turbulence and Cold War tensions, stood firm against a wave of homegrown terrorism and became a respected elder statesman, died Tuesday. He was 96.
- Mayor of Monticello resigns due to Lyme disease Updated: Nov-10-15 9:59 am
MONTICELLO, Illinois - The mayor of the central Illinois city of Monticello has resigned, saying he is struggling with chronic Lyme disease.
- Oxford alderman to resign after election to legislature Updated: Nov-10-15 4:04 am
OXFORD, Mississippi - Alderman Jay Hughes will resign his Ward 1 post at the end of December to begin his new political journey as a state representative for the city of Oxford.
- Russia warns against pressing demands for Assad's ouster Updated: Nov-09-15 3:04 pm
YEREVAN, Armenia - Russia's foreign minister said Monday the next round of Syria talks expected to be held this weekend must not focus squarely on demands for Syrian President Bashar Assad's resignation, which he called a "simplistic approach."
- Mood for change: Demonstrators demand clean Romania Updated: Nov-08-15 1:48 pm
BUCHAREST, Romania - A nightclub fire in Bucharest that killed at least 45 people became the tipping point for many Romanians who have long been frustrated with corruption among leaders. But as the government resigned amid street protests this week, many remained skeptical that the leaderless street movement will succeed in doing away with the old order.
- Ohio's top public schools official to retire at year's end Updated: Nov-06-15 4:32 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio's public schools superintendent said Friday he plans to retire at the end of the year, a move that had been delayed after a summer flap involving charter-school sponsor evaluations.
- Cora Rogers approved as interim Lumberton mayor Updated: Nov-06-15 10:13 am
LUMBERTON, Mississippi - Lumberton now has a new acting mayor, as well as an upcoming meeting to set a special election date for a permanent mayor and possible new alderman.