- The Latest: Lithuanian finance minister sees compromise Updated: Jul-07-15 8:00 am
BRUSSELS - The latest on the Greek financial crisis (all times Brussels local):
- Greece's departing finance minister, brash to the end Updated: Jul-06-15 3:04 pm
Greece's departing Finance Minister Yanis Varoufakis resigned Monday with the same dramatic flair with which he served.
- Some say Christie's gone too much to govern New Jersey Updated: Jul-05-15 2:00 pm
MAPLE SHADE, New Jersey - New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie's presidential run is adding a new dimension to his already complicated relationship with Democrats in his home state.
- New Jersey assemblyman resigns to work for county government Updated: Jul-02-15 3:30 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - A state assemblyman has resigned his office to take a job as assistant clerk in Camden County.
- Man challenging murder conviction because judge used drugs Updated: Jul-02-15 3:17 pm
WASHINGTON, Pennsylvania - A man convicted of third-degree murder in the 1977 slaying of his pregnant ex-girlfriend deserves a new trial because the judge in his case was using cocaine stolen from evidence stored in his chambers from other cases, a defense attorney said.
- University of Oregon's new president officially takes lead Updated: Jul-02-15 12:08 pm
EUGENE, Oregon - The new University of Oregon president has officially taken the lead of the school, making him the university's 18th president in its 139-year history.
- Lakeview mayor in south-central Oregon resigns Updated: Jul-02-15 10:57 am
KLAMATH FALLS, Oregon - The mayor of a south-central Oregon city is resigning for health reasons.
- Guatemala court revives study on ending president's immunity Updated: Jul-01-15 11:44 pm
GUATEMALA CITY - Guatemala's constitutional court on Wednesday revived a process that could strip President Otto Perez Molina of immunity from prosecution amid growing corruption scandals.
- Brown signs last of 3 ethics-related bills Updated: Jul-01-15 10:32 pm
SALEM, Oregon - Gov. Kate Brown has signed the last of three ethics-related bills she requested after Gov. John Kitzhaber resigned amid an influence-peddling scandal.
- Former Baltimore mayor Dixon seeks to regain office Updated: Jul-01-15 5:14 pm
WASHINGTON - Former Baltimore mayor Sheila Dixon, who resigned in 2010 amid a scandal over embezzled gift cards, will seek to regain the office next year as the city struggles with the aftermath of riots following a death in police custody.
- Estonia's foreign minister steps down amid court ruling Updated: Jul-01-15 12:26 pm
TALLINN, Estonia - Estonia's foreign minister says she is resigning following a local court ruling that connected her to the bankruptcy of her father's freight company and ordered her and other defendants to pay claims to creditors.
- Nebraska Sen. Nordquist submits resignation to governor Updated: Jun-30-15 12:05 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Nebraska state Sen. Jeremy Nordquist has submitted his resignation letter to the governor as he begins a new job with Democratic U.S. Rep. Brad Ashford.
- Arkansas clerk will resign over same-sex marriage licenses Updated: Jun-29-15 6:08 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - A county clerk in Arkansas announced plans to resign effective Tuesday, saying she has a moral objection to issuing same-sex marriage licenses.
- Brazil faces uncertainty after another disappointing defeat Updated: Jun-28-15 10:33 am
SAO PAULO - It just keeps getting worse for Brazil's national team.
- FIFA election monitor urges Blatter to commit to going Updated: Jun-28-15 9:52 am
GENEVA - Stop flirting with the FIFA presidency and say for sure you are going.
- Mario Biaggi, former congressman from NYC, dies at 97 Updated: Jun-25-15 2:33 pm
NEW YORK - Mario Biaggi, a former 19-year congressman whose career ended in disgrace after a pair of corruption convictions, has died. He was 97.
- Top Oklahoma GOP official resigns after controversy Updated: Jun-24-15 7:29 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - A top official of the Oklahoma Republican Party who pleaded guilty three years ago to a domestic violence charge has resigned after Gov. Mary Fallin threw her support behind ousting him, the state GOP chairman confirmed Wednesday.
- Davenport to cut ties with long-serving city administrator Updated: Jun-24-15 5:23 pm
DAVENPORT, Iowa - Davenport's longtime city administrator agreed on Wednesday to resign as part of a settlement aimed at ending days of bickering over his handling of negotiations for a casino development.
- Colorado GOP says lawyer spoke with prosecutors over scandal Updated: Jun-23-15 8:22 pm
DENVER - A Colorado Republican Party spokesman said Tuesday that party lawyers have talked with prosecutors about allegations that several leading Republicans tried to blackmail the chairman of the state GOP into resigning.
- Jesse Jackson Jr. released from halfway house in Baltimore Updated: Jun-22-15 3:01 pm
WASHINGTON - Former U.S. Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. returned to his family's Washington, D.C., home on Monday after leaving a halfway house where he lived for several months since serving 2½ years in prison for spending $750,000 in campaign money on personal items.
- 6 Davenport aldermen boycott special meeting Updated: Jun-22-15 2:44 pm
DAVENPORT, Iowa - Six Davenport aldermen have boycotted a special meeting to consider firing two city officials.
- Noodles president to become Portillo's 2nd CEO Updated: Jun-22-15 1:52 pm
BROOMFIELD, Colorado - The president of the Noodles & Co. restaurants is leaving to take over the top job at Portillo's, a Chicago-area burger and hot dog chain.
- Moldovan foreign minister named interim prime minister Updated: Jun-22-15 9:23 am
CHISINAU, Moldova - Moldova's president has appointed the country's pro-European foreign minister as interim prime minister after her predecessor resigned amid a probe of his high school diploma.
- Virginia attorney general announces rescue plan for college Updated: Jun-21-15 3:05 am
SWEET BRIAR, Virginia - Prominent alumnae of Sweet Briar College are rejoicing over a mediated settlement to keep the 114-year-old Virginia women's college open, a rescue deal that caps frantic monthslong efforts to stave off a planned August closure.
- Vikings stadium board treasurer quits in dispute with chair Updated: Jun-19-15 4:06 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The treasurer of the board overseeing the Minnesota Vikings stadium has quit, saying he can't work with its chairwoman.