- Police: 1 dead, 3 wounded in shooting at NYC concert venue Updated: May-26-16 1:38 am
NEW YORK - One person was killed and three others wounded in a shooting inside a concert venue in New York City, where hip-hop artist T.I. was scheduled to perform, police said.
- Rochester man sentenced to 20 years for fatal shooting Updated: May-26-16 12:38 am
ROCHESTER, New York - A western New York man has been sentenced to 20 years in prison for the shooting death of a father of four he was planning to rob.
- NY reports serious crime down 5.2% last year Updated: May-26-16 12:33 am
ALBANY, New York - New York authorities are reporting a 5.2 percent drop in serious crimes statewide last year, despite many more reported rapes based on a new definition that now includes crimes previously reported as sex abuse.
- Tapes: Peterson planned celebration after hit on prosecutor Updated: May-25-16 11:55 pm
CHESTER, Illinois - Drew Peterson was planning an alcohol-fueled prison celebration after arranging for another inmate's uncle to kill the prosecutor who helped convict him in his ex-wife's death, according to wiretapped conversations played in court.
- Autopsy finds man found dead after shootout killed himself Updated: May-25-16 10:48 pm
CHICAGO - An autopsy has determined a suburban Chicago man found dead in his home after a shootout with FBI agents committed suicide.
- 4th person arrested in girl's shooting at family gathering Updated: May-25-16 10:48 pm
QUINCY, Illinois - Authorities in southwestern Illinois have arrested a fourth person in connection with the fatal shooting of a 7-year-old girl.
- Father arrested in house fire that left son dead Updated: May-25-16 10:15 pm
VALLEJO, California - Police say a Northern California man has been arrested in connection with a house fire that killed his 5-year-old son and left the boy's mother in critical condition.
- Suspect in shootings on Phoenix-area highway had body armor Updated: May-25-16 9:55 pm
FOUNTAIN HILLS, Arizona - A gunman armed with a rifle, body armor and extra ammunition opened fire on vehicles on a highway in the Phoenix outskirts, leaving at least two people injured before police captured him near a stolen car that crashed into a ditch, authorities said Wednesday.
- Maui man pleads guilty to meth charge, biting officer Updated: May-25-16 9:09 pm
HONOLULU - A man admitted in court Wednesday that he got involved with a Maui meth trafficking ring to support his own drug habit, which led to his assaulting two federal agents - one of whom he bit.
- Missouri man charged in shooting death of 8-month-old son Updated: May-25-16 9:06 pm
ST. LOUIS - A Missouri father was charged Wednesday with first-degree murder in the death of his 8-month-old son - a shooting an investigator says happened after the man threatened his wife who told him during a car ride she wanted a divorce.
- The Latest: Man pleads guilty to meth charge, biting officer Updated: May-25-16 8:35 pm
HONOLULU - The Latest on a guilty plea in a case involving meth trafficking and a bitten officer (all times local):
- 3rd person charged in investigation of coal exec's death Updated: May-25-16 8:33 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - A third person was charged Wednesday in the death of former coal executive Bennett Hatfield.
- Church slaying families accept pursuit of death penalty Updated: May-25-16 8:29 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - The husband of a woman gunned down at a historic black church in Charleston with eight other people said Wednesday he won't be at peace until the man charged in the slayings is put to death.
- Man sentenced for killing, dismembering girlfriend in Panama Updated: May-25-16 8:19 pm
SAN DIEGO - A California man was sentenced to 26 years in prison Wednesday for killing his girlfriend in Panama, dismembering her body with a machete and disposing of her remains in the jungle.
- Hunting trip shooting prompts Portland chief's removal Updated: May-25-16 7:46 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Portland's police chief was placed on paid administrative leave this week after revelations he may have initially lied to authorities about shooting a friend in the lower back during an April 21 hunting trip in eastern Oregon.
- Kansas City police shoot, wound woman after standoff Updated: May-25-16 7:34 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Kansas City, Missouri, police say an officer shot and wounded a woman they say pointed a gun at them during a standoff in a car.
- The Latest: Man charged in shooting death of 8-month-old son Updated: May-25-16 7:19 pm
ST. LOUIS - The Latest on the shooting death of an 8-month-old boy in St. Louis (all times local):
- Suspect in Grand Forks stabbing death scheduled for trial Updated: May-25-16 7:06 pm
GRAND FORKS, North Dakota - A Grand Forks man accused of fatally stabbing another man during a fight last fall is to stand trial next week.
- Santa Ana police shoot knife-wielding carjacking suspect Updated: May-25-16 6:59 pm
SANTA ANA, California - Santa Ana police shot and critically wounded a woman suspected of stabbing a man during an attempted carjacking, trying to break into a business and then threatening officers with a knife.
- FBI seek tips on kidnapping suspects amid inquiry into death Updated: May-25-16 6:49 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - The FBI asked the public for tips Wednesday as it investigates whether a father and son accused of tying up a woman and her four teenage daughters in a basement are linked to the death of a Utah rail worker.
- Illinois man charged in fatal downtown St. Louis carjacking Updated: May-25-16 6:09 pm
ST. LOUIS - A 19-year-old Illinois man has been charged with first-degree murder in connection with a downtown St. Louis carjacking in which a 9-month-old was thrown from the car after her mother was shot.
- Man pleads not guilty to shooting tribal officer Updated: May-25-16 6:04 pm
ROSEBUD, South Dakota - A man indicted on charges of shooting and wounding a tribal officer on the Rosebud Indian Reservation pleaded not guilty on Wednesday.
- OKC bicycle officer shoots and kills man after knife pulled Updated: May-25-16 5:58 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - Oklahoma City police say one of its officers shot and killed a man on a city street after the man pulled a knife in a threatening manner.
- 5 Things to Know in Florida for May 26 Updated: May-25-16 5:48 pm
Your daily look at news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today.
- Teen sues in locker room rape, alleges lengthy racist abuse Updated: May-25-16 5:40 pm
BOISE, Idaho - A black teenager who prosecutors say was sexually assaulted by three white football players in the locker room of an Idaho high school has sued the school district, alleging the rape was the culmination of months of racist taunts and physical abuse.