- Hickory man pleads guilty in 2013 beating death of wife Updated: Oct-06-15 11:07 am
HICKORY, North Carolina - A Hickory man has pleaded guilty in the 2013 beating death of his wife.
- Hickory man pleads guilty to beating wife to death Updated: Oct-06-15 10:59 am
NEWTON, North Carolina - A Hickory man has pleaded guilty Monday in the 2013 beating death of his wife.
- Man enters plea in slaying of high school basketball player Updated: Oct-06-15 10:54 am
MUSKEGON HEIGHTS, Michigan - A man charged in the fatal drive-by shooting of a 17-year-old high school basketball player from western Michigan has entered a plea deal.
- Hearing reset for man seeking new trial in Waterloo killing Updated: Oct-06-15 10:49 am
WATERLOO, Iowa - A hearing has been pushed to next year for a man seeking a new trial in a 2006 shooting death at a Waterloo nightclub.
- Attorneys: Indiana feticide conviction was absurd use of law Updated: Oct-06-15 10:40 am
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - Attorneys for an Indiana woman seeking to overturn her conviction in the death of her premature baby have argued prosecutors relied on an absurd use of the state's feticide law.
- In writings, Oregon gunman ranted about others being crazy Updated: Oct-06-15 10:39 am
ROSEBURG, Oregon - The gunman who killed nine people at an Oregon community college last week complained in writings he left behind that everyone else was crazy and ranted about not having a girlfriend, a law enforcement official said.
- Democrats criticize LePage statement about Oregon shooting Updated: Oct-06-15 10:38 am
AUGUSTA, Maine - Democrats are criticizing Maine Gov. Paul LePage's statements about gun control and mental illness related to his order to lower flags to half-staff in honor of the victims of the mass shooting in Roseburg, Oregon.
- Former Bismarck husband and wife plead not guilty to assault Updated: Oct-06-15 10:37 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - A former husband and wife in Bismarck who are accused of assaulting the husband's alleged mistress have each pleaded not guilty to a felony aggravated assault charge that carries a maximum sentence of five years in prison.
- North Texas officer fatally shoots domestic suspect Updated: Oct-06-15 10:35 am
HURST, Texas - Police in the North Texas town of Hurst say an officer responding to a domestic disturbance call fatally shot a man after chasing him into a backyard and seeing a gun.
- Police: 2 men charged in connection with fatal shooting Updated: Oct-06-15 10:20 am
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Authorities say two men have been charged in connection with the fatal shooting of man in Raleigh.
- Police: Boy, 11, accidentally shoots and kills, brother, 12 Updated: Oct-06-15 10:14 am
CARROLLTON, Ohio - Authorities say an 11-year-old boy fatally shot his 12-year-old brother during a target-shooting outing in eastern Ohio.
- 1 killed, 3 children critically hurt in Indianapolis crash Updated: Oct-06-15 10:03 am
INDIANAPOLIS - Authorities say an adult was killed and three children suffered critical injuries in a crash involving two SUVs at an Interstate 465 ramp in Indianapolis.
- AP Interview: Germany still untangling Nazis' legal legacy Updated: Oct-06-15 10:01 am
BERLIN - Germany's justice ministry is embarked on a wide-ranging effort to examine the influence that the Nazis had on the country's legal system, including the role some German officials played in preventing former Nazis from being prosecuted after the war.
- Christian pastor survives knife attack at home in Bangladesh Updated: Oct-06-15 9:42 am
DHAKA, Bangladesh - A Bangladeshi pastor survived an attempt on his life by three men who came to his home pretending to want to learn about Christianity, police and the victim said Tuesday.
- Sheriff's office: Deputies shoot 16-year-old outside house Updated: Oct-06-15 9:27 am
CASA GRANDE, Arizona - Pinal County authorities say sheriff's deputies shot and critically wounded a 16-year-old youth during a confrontation outside a home near Casa Grande.
- Nasty Air France labor dispute drags in French government Updated: Oct-06-15 9:23 am
PARIS - The union activists chanted "Naked, naked" as they singled out two Air France executives and ripped off their suit jackets and shirts, and suddenly the French government found itself drawn into a violent labor dispute unusual even in a country with habitually nasty relations between management and staff.
- Police: Man's body found in driveway after shooting at home Updated: Oct-06-15 8:54 am
ONTARIO, New York - Police say they're investigating the shooting death of a 34-year-old man whose body was found in the driveway of a western New York home.
- Woman: No contest to murder in death of boyfriend's baby Updated: Oct-06-15 8:54 am
EBENSBURG, Pennsylvania - A western Pennsylvania woman has pleaded no contest to third-degree murder in the death of her boyfriend's 10-month-old son.
- Indianapolis man gets 60 years in killing of his 2nd wife Updated: Oct-06-15 8:48 am
INDIANAPOLIS - An Indianapolis man convicted two decades ago in his first wife's killing has received a 60-year sentence in his second wife's slaying.
- Couple found dead in apparent murder-suicide near Pittsburgh Updated: Oct-06-15 8:43 am
BALDWIN, Pennsylvania - Police found a husband and wife shot in what appears to be a murder-suicide near Pittsburgh after friends reported not seeing them for days.
- Bay Area man facing manslaughter charge for DUI car crash Updated: Oct-06-15 8:35 am
OAKLAND, California - Authorities have charged a Bay Area man with manslaughter for driving drunk during a crash that killed his friend last year.
- Police: Man rapes, tortures homeless pregnant woman Updated: Oct-06-15 8:30 am
DAYTONA BEACH, Florida - Police in Daytona Beach have arrested a convicted sex offender after a homeless pregnant woman was tied up and tortured.
- Man pleads guilty to failing to report child sexual assault Updated: Oct-06-15 8:28 am
MONROE TOWNSHIP, New Jersey - A southern New Jersey man has pleaded guilty to failing to report a man he knew was sexually abusing a child for nearly seven years.
- Officials: Man dies, wife survives attempted murder-suicide Updated: Oct-06-15 8:23 am
NEW RINGGOLD, Pennsylvania - Authorities say an eastern Pennsylvania man has died after shooting himself in the head in an attempted murder-suicide.
- Man kills boss, then self at Houston grocery store warehouse Updated: Oct-06-15 8:22 am
HOUSTON - Police say an employee at a Houston grocery store shot and killed his supervisor in the warehouse attached to the rear of the store before killing himself.