- Illinois State Museum says it has reached deal to reopen Updated: Feb-08-16 2:05 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - The Illinois Department of Natural Resources says it has reached an agreement with the governor's office to reopen the state museum by charging admission and closing two branches to save money.
- Man accused of stealing police badges while being questioned Updated: Feb-08-16 10:12 am
IRWIN, Pennsylvania - Authorities say a Pennsylvania man stole several police badges while he was being held for questioning in a domestic dispute.
- North Carolina Gov. McCrory in minor crash after Super Bowl Updated: Feb-08-16 8:04 am
SANTA CLARA, California - North Carolina Gov. Pat McCrory sustained minor injuries after the vehicle he was riding in was rear-ended shortly after the Carolina Panthers' Super Bowl loss.
- USDA grant to help South Dakota increase ethanol usage Updated: Feb-08-16 2:15 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - The USDA has awarded the South Dakota Governor's Office of Economic Development a $1.5 million grant to increase ethanol usage in South Dakota.
- Corrections secretary resigns amid early release controversy Updated: Feb-06-16 10:52 pm
SEATTLE - Washington state Corrections Secretary Dan Pacholke resigned on Saturday amid a controversy over the early release of prisoners, telling a Republican senator he hoped his departure would satisfy the "need for blood."
- Bridge case defendants can subpoena Christie office docs Updated: Feb-05-16 4:35 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - The two former allies of New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie charged in the George Washington Bridge lane-closing case will get a second chance to force the release of documents from the law firm whose taxpayer-funded 2014 report absolved Christie of blame.
- New Columbus police chief to begin Feb. 19 Updated: Feb-05-16 6:00 am
COLUMBUS, Mississippi - The Columbus mayor's office says the city's new police chief will begin his duties on Feb. 19.
- Syracuse arrests 27 people with alleged gang connections Updated: Feb-05-16 3:05 am
SYRACUSE, New York - Authorities in Syracuse have arrested 27 alleged gang members in the aftermath of the shooting deaths of two young men.
- Governor's office looking for summer internship applications Updated: Feb-05-16 2:20 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - Gov. Dennis Daugaard is looking for two interns for his office's summer 2016 internship program in Pierre.
- Edwards says unions 'have a friend in the governor's office' Updated: Feb-03-16 8:17 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Gov. John Bel Edwards embraced his support from organized labor, telling a construction trades union Wednesday that he won't distance himself from the groups now that he's leading the state and saying: "You have a friend in the governor's office."
- Snyder calls for $30M in state help for Flint water bills Updated: Feb-03-16 5:19 pm
LANSING, Michigan - Legislative leaders said Wednesday they are open to spending $30 million to help pay the water bills of Flint residents facing an emergency over a lead-contaminated water supply, though a top Democrat said the proposed state funding should be doubled.
- NYC vets public-info requests for 'sensitivity' Updated: Feb-03-16 1:07 pm
NEW YORK - New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio denied he was micromanaging his image last year when his lawyers issued a sweeping mandate to review all public records requests that could "reflect directly on the mayor."
- 3 Conservation Corps members killed in car crash near Fresno Updated: Feb-02-16 9:42 pm
REEDLEY, California - Officials say three California Conservation Corps crew members en route to a water conservation turf removal project were killed in a car crash near Reedley.
- The Latest: Chamber head says gay-rights failure hurts state Updated: Feb-02-16 5:52 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - The Latest on the decision of Indiana Republican lawmakers to abandon efforts this year to extend anti-discrimination laws to include sexual orientation (all times local):
- Attendance at Illinois historic sites drops by 7 percent Updated: Feb-02-16 4:05 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Visits to Illinois' historic sites fell by 7 percent in 2015, despite the state's commemorations of the 150th anniversaries of the Civil War's end, President Abraham Lincoln's assassination and his burial in Springfield, according to state figures.
- WVa looks to OK taking $51.8m from reserves for budget woes Updated: Feb-02-16 3:10 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - The Republican-led Legislature looks to approve taking $51.8 million from reserves to avoid late payments amid a grim budget.
- Minnesota governor released from hospital after fainting Updated: Feb-01-16 7:28 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Minnesota Gov. Mark Dayton was released from the hospital Monday afternoon, a day after the 69-year-old governor fainted at a hot and crowded event.
- DC to lift snow emergency Wednesday evening Updated: Jan-26-16 5:23 pm
WASHINGTON - The D.C. government is set to lift the snow emergency that's been in place for days.
- Maine governor jokes about using guillotine on drug dealers Updated: Jan-26-16 2:05 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - Maine Gov. Paul LePage says with a laugh that he wants to use the guillotine to execute drug dealers at public executions.
- Gov. McAuliffe announces historic employment level Updated: Jan-26-16 1:38 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Governor Terry McAuliffe has announced that Virginia's employment level reached 3,856,100 in December 2015, the highest in the Commonwealth's history.
- Illinois first lady Diana Rauner names chief of staff Updated: Jan-22-16 5:51 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - The wife of Illinois Gov. Bruce Rauner has named Emily Bastedo as her new chief of staff.
- The Latest: Snow backs up interstates in Nashville Updated: Jan-22-16 1:14 pm
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - The latest on winter weather conditions in Tennessee (all times local).
- Edwards owes up to $155M to cover Jindal's business deals Updated: Jan-21-16 4:14 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - When Bobby Jindal exited the governor's office, he left behind a string of IOUs for his economic development deals, at least $155 million of which could come due during the next four years of Gov. John Bel Edwards' term.
- SC Gov. Haley holds up survivors of tragedies as role models Updated: Jan-20-16 11:23 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Gov. Nikki Haley asked legislators Wednesday to follow the inspirational example of the victims and survivors of last year's tragedies to make South Carolina stronger.
- Subpoenas approved for documents about release of prisoners Updated: Jan-19-16 10:58 pm
OLYMPIA, Washington - Legislative subpoenas will be issued for documents related to the erroneous early release of thousands of prisoners in Washington state following a vote by a Senate panel Tuesday night.