- Secretary to plead guilty to helping businessman evade taxes Updated: Sep-04-15 2:11 pm
PITTSBURGH - The personal secretary for one of Pennsylvania's richest men will plead guilty to helping him evade more than $4 million in federal income taxes by using business funds to pay for his 18-bedroom mansion and other personal luxuries, her attorney said Friday.
- St. Louis area tax prep business owner indicted for fraud Updated: Aug-26-15 2:13 pm
EAST ST. LOUIS, Illinois - The owner of a St. Louis area business and six employees have been indicted on federal fraud charges related to what authorities call a scheme to submit phony income tax returns.
- A look at recent politically tainted trials in Russia Updated: Aug-25-15 10:04 am
MOSCOW - The guilty verdict Tuesday for Crimean filmmaker Oleg Sentsov, who was convicted and sentenced to 20 years in a Russian maximum-security prison for an alleged terror conspiracy, follows a plethora of recent Russian trials that are widely seen as warnings to society not to question its Kremlin rulers.
- Douglas County businessman admits to income-tax evasion Updated: Aug-25-15 4:58 am
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - A Douglas County businessman has admitted putting his business under an employee's name to avoid paying income taxes.
- Oklahoma state GOP senator admits to $1.8M in fraud, quits Updated: Aug-20-15 5:04 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - A two-term Oklahoma state senator admitted in federal court Thursday that he stole $1.8 million from the nonprofit agency where he worked and filed a false tax return.
- Harrisburg businessman pleads guilty to tax conspiracy Updated: Aug-14-15 7:07 am
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - A businessman in Pennsylvania's state capital is the third person to plead guilty in connection to a conspiracy to evade hundreds of thousands of dollars in employment taxes.
- Business owner sentenced for not paying withholding taxes Updated: Aug-07-15 7:44 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - The owner of a Baton Rouge-based health care company has been sentenced to four years and ordered to pay nearly $6 million to the federal government for failing to pay several million dollars in employee withholding taxes.