- Brazil police seek indictment of private bank Bradesco's CEO Updated: May-31-16 4:16 pm
RIO DE JANEIRO - Brazilian police say they are asking prosecutors to bring tax fraud charges against the CEO of one of the country's private banks, Bradesco.
- Tax fraud police search McDonald's French headquarters Updated: May-26-16 4:27 pm
PARIS - French police have searched McDonald's headquarters outside Paris after a probe was opened for alleged aggravated tax fraud and money-laundering against the local branch of the fast-food company.
- French raid Google in latest probe into tech's tax tactics Updated: May-24-16 3:41 pm
PARIS - Police raided Google's French headquarters Tuesday looking for evidence of "aggravated tax fraud," marking one of Europe's most conspicuous attempts yet to cast a U.S. technology leader as a manipulative scofflaw.
- Defendant pleads guilty in stock, money-laundering scheme Updated: May-24-16 7:37 am
NEW YORK - Federal prosecutors in New York say a Belize resident has pleaded guilty to money laundering conspiracy for helping clients profit off illegal stock trades and then laundering more than $250 million.
- 'Gigantic' corporate tax hike likely headed to Oregon voters Updated: May-23-16 7:33 pm
SALEM, Oregon - A massive $2.8 billion annual corporate tax hike is likely headed to Oregon voters in November, a move that could create the most aggressive tax climate for big business of any state in the nation.
- Unions submitting signatures for corporate tax hike proposal Updated: May-20-16 8:52 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - A proposal for the largest corporate tax hike in Oregon history that could pump a whopping $2.5 billion in additional funds into state coffers each year is now just one step away from getting inked onto the November ballot.
- Judge: Texas businessman, late brother committed tax fraud Updated: May-11-16 3:55 pm
DALLAS - A federal bankruptcy judge has ruled that a prominent Texas businessman and his late brother committed tax fraud in setting up overseas trust funds that helped them avoid paying billions in taxes.
- Panama files show Russian crackdown on offshoring is failing Updated: May-11-16 12:24 pm
MOSCOW - The thousands of Russian names on a list of offshore companies suggests President Vladimir Putin's effort to crack down on such entities is ineffective, experts say, and highlights how keeping wealth abroad remains one of the few ways to keep it safe from corrupt local officials.
- Panama Papers offshore companies data spurs anti-graft moves Updated: May-10-16 5:17 am
TOKYO - The latest release of the names of thousands of offshore companies and other financial data of the rich and powerful is spurring renewed calls to counter corruption and tax evasion.
- North Carolina revenue collections continue upward climb Updated: May-06-16 2:49 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Better than expected April corporate tax payments have allowed state economists to slightly raise North Carolina state revenue projections.
- Ohio businessman admits he didn't pay $600k in federal taxes Updated: May-03-16 3:37 am
CLEVELAND - An Ohio businessman accused in federal court of bankrolling a luxurious lifestyle by not paying more than $600,000 in federal income taxes has pleaded guilty.
- Argentina prosecutor asks probe of ex-president and son Updated: May-03-16 12:33 am
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - A federal prosecutor asked on Monday that former President Cristina Fernandez and her son be investigated for possible illegal enrichment in connection to two businessmen accused of money laundering and tax evasion.