- Board OKs business tax, sick day, mail-in voting proposals Updated: Jul-30-15 5:47 pm
LANSING, Michigan - Michigan's election board approved petition forms Thursday for ballot drives to increase business taxes for road improvements, require paid sick days and implement a mail-in voting system - bringing to eight the number of proposals for which supporters are gathering signatures.
- By nearly any measure, sunny South Florida is tops in fraud Updated: Jul-29-15 4:52 am
MIAMI - Psssst - Need a phony ID? A fraudulent tax refund? Insurance money from a sham car crash? Florida may have just what you're looking for.
- Man gets prison, must pay $1.8M for tax fraud in Houston Updated: Jul-27-15 3:28 pm
HOUSTON - A Houston businessman who for more than five years skipped paying employment taxes is going to prison and must repay more than $1.8 million
- Union coalition seeks big Michigan corporate tax increase Updated: Jul-23-15 5:29 pm
DETROIT - A coalition of unions announced it is seeking signatures to place a proposal on Michigan's November ballot that would hike the state's corporate tax by 5 percentage points to raise money for road and bridge improvements.
- Bipartisan plan would overhaul business taxes, fund highways Updated: Jul-08-15 6:51 pm
WASHINGTON - Senators unveiled a bipartisan framework Wednesday aimed at making business taxes more competitive while generating much-needed funding to repair the nation's roads and bridges.