- Tech billionaire is unlikely Hulk Hogan ally in Gawker fight Updated: May-26-16 7:56 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - Former pro wrestler Hulk Hogan has an unlikely ally in his corner for his courtroom cage match with Gawker - a high-tech billionaire with a long-standing grudge against the news-and-gossip site.
- Hatch editorial on Supreme Court nominee posted early Updated: May-26-16 4:45 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Sen. Orrin Hatch of Utah was scheduled to meet Thursday with Supreme Court nominee Merrick Garland, but a guest editorial he wrote for the Deseret News mistakenly posted early shows he had already made up his mind.
- Winners announced in 2015 PAPME contest Updated: May-20-16 11:52 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - The Patriot-News and the Erie Times-News won sweepstakes awards Friday at the Pennsylvania Associated Press Managing Editors' annual banquet.
- EU postpones vote on limits of weedkiller use Updated: May-19-16 8:51 am
BRUSSELS - The European Union has postponed a vote on the extended use of the popular weedkiller glyphosate because of concerns about its possible links to cancer.
- Facebook's CEO meets with conservatives on reported bias Updated: May-18-16 9:09 pm
LOS ANGELES - Mark Zuckerberg on Wednesday held a wide-ranging discussion with a group of conservative commentators who said afterward the Facebook CEO acknowledged the giant social network has a problem reaching conservatives.
- Newsletters released from secretive National Security Agency Updated: May-17-16 3:17 am
WASHINGTON - In-house newsletters from the clandestine National Security Agency have been released by an online news site - part of the mountain of documents leaked by former NSA contractor Edward Snowden.
- Mexican human rights body investigating reporter's killing Updated: May-16-16 4:24 pm
MEXICO CITY - Mexico's National Human Rights Commission says it is investigating the killing of a journalist in Veracruz, an eastern state that has been the site of many journalists' slayings in recent years.
- Newspapers at Oklahoma City, Enid win general excellence Updated: May-15-16 11:34 am
TULSA, Oklahoma - The Oklahoman, the Enid News & Eagle and The Journal Record at Oklahoma City won the general excellence awards from the Associated Press-Oklahoma News Executives group for work in 2015. The awards were announced Saturday night in Tulsa.
- Colorado journalists honored at CAPER awards Updated: May-14-16 11:01 am
DENVER - The Denver Post, the Daily Camera of Boulder and the Durango Herald won first place awards for general excellence Friday in the annual Colorado Associated Press Editors & Reporters contest.
- Russian media resignations follow increased pressure Updated: May-13-16 5:09 pm
MOSCOW - Once a rather stolid operation focused on business news, the RBC group in recent years had become a standout among Russia's constricting field of independent news media. Then came stories that the Kremlin and President Vladimir Putin may have found far too revealing.
- Facebook CEO Zuckerberg seeks meeting with conservatives Updated: May-13-16 10:51 am
NEW YORK - Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg says he wants to invite "leading conservatives and people from across the political spectrum" to discuss recent reports that its "Trending Topics" feature is biased against conservatives.
- Owners of Billy Penn news site expanding to Pittsburgh Updated: May-11-16 9:32 am
PHILADELPHIA - The parent company of the Billy Penn digital news and information site in Philadelphia plans to start a similar operation in Pittsburgh.
- El Salvador reiterates opposition to gang dialogue Updated: May-10-16 7:26 pm
SAN SALVADOR, El Salvador - A spokesman for El Salvador President Salvador Sanchez Ceren says he has no plans to fire his interior secretary following the release of an audio recording of the then legislator meeting with gang leaders.
- Winners announced in 2016 Louisiana-Mississippi APME contest Updated: May-07-16 3:48 pm
HATTIESBURG, Mississippi - HATTIESBURG, Mississippi - Winners of the Louisiana-Mississippi Associated Press Media Editors contest were announced Saturday in Hattiesburg, Mississippi. The Louisiana-Mississippi APME awards recognize outstanding performance in journalism. The Louisiana-Mississippi APME college competition recognizes outstanding performance in college journalism.
- Tampa Bay Times' paper buy latest in grim news landscape Updated: May-06-16 9:52 am
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - If a metro area with 2.7 million people can't sustain two newspapers - especially with an aging population with the time and inclination to read a printed paper - can anywhere?
- What's for dinner? The New York Times wants to help Updated: May-05-16 5:21 pm
NEW YORK - The New York Times Co., which has delivered newspapers for decades, now wants to help deliver food to people's door steps.
- British newspaper to close only 9 weeks after its start Updated: May-05-16 8:02 am
LONDON - The New Day newspaper is shutting down after only nine weeks after its circulation failed to meet expectations.
- Albania midfielder Xhaka injured during Basel title win Updated: May-04-16 9:02 am
BASEL, Switzerland - Swiss champion Basel says Albania midfielder Taulant Xhaka has a leg injury and will be out of action for "several weeks."
- Cink to step away from golf as wife battles breast cancer Updated: May-03-16 5:36 pm
DULUTH, Georgia - Former British Open champion Stewart Cink says he is taking a break from golf after learning his wife has breast cancer.
- Papers at Little Rock, Hot Springs, Benton take top honors Updated: Apr-30-16 2:30 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Newspapers from Little Rock, Hot Springs and Benton have won top honors in the Arkansas Associated Press Managing Editors Association journalism contest for work done in 2015.
- SpaceX aims to send 'Red Dragon' capsule to Mars in 2018 Updated: Apr-27-16 4:47 pm
CAPE CANAVERAL, Florida - SpaceX is shooting for Mars.