- 2 news organizations honored for overall excellence Updated: Jun-24-15 2:42 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Two northern New England news organizations have received a national Edward R. Murrow Award for overall excellence from an organization representing local and network journalists in broadcasting, cable and digital media in more than 30 countries.
- Louisiana, Mississippi newspapers honored at AP awards Updated: Jun-20-15 4:12 pm
NEW ORLEANS - The Louisiana/Mississippi Associated Press Media Editors announced its 2014 award winners Saturday morning in New Orleans. The first place winners for outstanding print and digital journalism are listed below:
- House fails to pass bill allowing online public notices Updated: Jun-18-15 4:51 pm
LANSING, Michigan - The Michigan House failed to gather enough votes to pass a bill that would allow local governments to publish public notices online instead of in newspapers under a phased-in plan.
- The Latest: Microsoft, Activision host E3 preview parties Updated: Jun-16-15 12:12 am
8:30 p.m. PDT
- Winners of Ga. APME newspaper awards announced in Atlanta Updated: Jun-13-15 2:11 pm
ATLANTA - Winners in the Georgia Associated Press Media Editors annual newspaper contest were honored Saturday at the group's meeting in Atlanta.
- 4 Westerners jailed 3 days for posing naked on Malaysia peak Updated: Jun-12-15 10:32 am
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - Four Westerners who posed naked on Malaysia's highest peak were sentenced Friday to three days in jail and fined for obscene behavior in a public place, their lawyer said.
- Gawker website employees vote to unionize Updated: Jun-04-15 2:48 pm
NEW YORK - Gossip and news site Gawker Media employees say they have voted to join the Writers Guild of America, East, making it the first digital media outlet to organize.
- US journalism courses rile Cuba amid effort to heal rift Updated: Jun-03-15 10:25 am
HAVANA - About 30 Cubans sit in a conference room for several hours each week and learn the ABCs of journalism: how to craft a news story, write a headline and check sources.