- Accident keeps Golden Knights from Atlantic City airshow Updated: Sep-01-15 5:52 am
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - An accident investigation will keep the Army's Golden Knights parachute team from performing in Atlantic City's airshow.
- Great State of Maine Air Show returns after 3-year hiatus Updated: Aug-31-15 5:41 pm
BRUNSWICK, Maine - The Great State of Maine Air Show is returning for the first time since getting grounded by federal budget cuts, and advance ticket sales indicate it's going to be a big draw from across the region.
- Plane crashes at Austrian air show, fatally injuring pilot Updated: Aug-30-15 12:31 pm
VIENNA - A small plane crashed at an air show in southern Austria on Sunday, fatally injuring the pilot, authorities said.
- With heavy hearts, pilots perform at NY air show after death Updated: Aug-29-15 4:25 pm
NEW WINDSOR, New York - The first-ever New York Air Show opened Saturday with a moment of silence and tributes to mark the death a day earlier of a Texas stunt pilot killed when he crashed during practice.
- Second time around, Russian acrobat warmed up to Las Vegas Updated: Aug-29-15 9:41 am
LAS VEGAS - It was 1990, the ice of the Cold War was thawing, and Konstantin Besstchetnyi, a Soviet acrobat, was stuck in Las Vegas.
- Fort Bragg skydiving team remembers air show accident victim Updated: Aug-26-15 4:06 am
FORT BRAGG, North Carolina - Members of the Army's elite parachute team pay their last respects to a Fort Bragg comrade who died during a Chicago air show.
- Russia's Putin hosts Middle East leaders at air show Updated: Aug-25-15 12:58 pm
MOSCOW - Russian President Vladimir Putin has played host to the king of Jordan and the crown prince of Abu Dhabi on the first day of Russia's main aviation and space show.
- UK imposes curbs on vintage aircraft after air show crash Updated: Aug-24-15 11:13 am
LONDON - Britain's aviation regulator on Monday issued immediate restrictions on flying displays by vintage aircraft, after a jet performing at an airshow crashed and killed at least 11 people over the weekend.
- Detroit Navy Week kicks off with downtown celebration Updated: Aug-24-15 4:06 am
DETROIT - Detroit Navy Week is kicking off with a celebration at Campus Martius.
- 2 planes collide at Swiss airshow, killing 1 pilot Updated: Aug-23-15 11:19 am
BERLIN - One pilot died when two small planes collided in the air and crashed at an airshow in northern Switzerland on Sunday, police said.
- Skydivers parachute into funeral of Army skydiver Updated: Aug-22-15 8:31 pm
CINCINNATI - A solo Army Golden Knight parachutist honored a comrade's dream by landing on the high school football field where hundreds of mourners gathered for his funeral Saturday, a week after he was involved in a deadly accident at a Chicago air show.
- Iconic Ohio food business celebrates 40th anniversary Updated: Aug-22-15 6:34 am
FAIRFIELD, Ohio - An iconic food business that started as a produce stand in a northern Cincinnati suburb will cap its 40th anniversary with a bang.
- Oakland County airport hosting annual open house, air show Updated: Aug-21-15 1:07 pm
WATERFORD TOWNSHIP, Michigan - The Oakland County International Airport's 30th annual Open House & Air Show takes place this weekend.
- Services in Ohio set for Army skydiver killed in Chicago Updated: Aug-21-15 3:18 am
WEST CHESTER, Ohio - There will be visitation services Friday evening in southwest Ohio for a soldier who served in Afghanistan and Iraq and with the Golden Knights skydiving team.
- Army skydivers returning to Fort Bragg after member's death Updated: Aug-17-15 6:31 pm
CHICAGO - Members of a U.S. Army skydiving team were grieving and regrouping Monday after one of their parachutists died from injuries suffered during a stunt at the Chicago Air & Water Show. Team members returned to Fort Bragg, North Carolina, for counseling, and the team canceled an appearance at the Kansas City Air Show this weekend. Experts say there are always dangers when free-falling at 120 mph, but they are compounded in stunts involving multiple skydivers.
- Parachutist remembered as determined, dedicated to Army Updated: Aug-17-15 3:45 pm
CHICAGO - The Army parachutist who died following a jump at the Chicago Air & Water Show is being remembered as a dedicated soldier determined to make his mark in the military.
- Golden Knights canceling performance at Kansas City Air Show Updated: Aug-17-15 1:29 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The U.S. Army's parachute team will not appear at the Kansas City Air Show this weekend.
- Thunderbirds will strike at Owensboro Air Show Updated: Aug-17-15 5:05 am
OWENSBORO, Kentucky - The U.S. Air Force Demonstration Squadron known as the Thunderbirds are leading a lineup coming to the Owensboro Air Show next month.
- Army skydivers returning to Fort Bragg after member's death Updated: Aug-17-15 2:37 am
CHICAGO - Members of a U.S. Army skydiving team will return to their base, where they will have access to counseling, after a parachutist from their unit died from injuries suffered during a stunt at the Chicago Air & Water Show.
- Mandan board considers ban on private fireworks in parks Updated: Aug-16-15 12:37 pm
MANDAN, North Dakota - The Mandan Park Board is considering a ban on private fireworks at city parks following complaints about spooked horses from the Mandan Rodeo Committee.
- US, Japanese cities mark WWII end with Pearl Harbor ceremony Updated: Aug-16-15 8:04 am
PEARL HARBOR, Hawaii - The mayors of Honolulu and Nagoaka, Japan - two cities linked by World War II - joined hundreds of people Saturday night to mark the 70th anniversary of the conflict's end by watching a spectacular 20-minute fireworks show
- Missoula's proposed exotic animal act ban hits council snag Updated: Aug-11-15 11:23 am
MISSOULA, Montana - A proposed ban on exotic animal acts in Missoula is heading back to a city committee after five council members agreed it falls short of its goals.
- Visitation, vigil for father, child killed in tent collapse Updated: Aug-10-15 4:09 am
ST. JOHNSBURY, Vermont - Visiting hours are scheduled at a funeral home for a Vermont man and his 6-year-old daughter who died in a circus tent collapse in Lancaster, New Hampshire.
- Minot Air Force Base plans to hold 1st air show in 7 years Updated: Aug-10-15 2:37 am
MINOT, North Dakota - An air show is coming to the Minot Air Force Base next year.
- Circus to perform 1st show since deadly tent collapse Updated: Aug-08-15 9:43 am
LANCASTER, New Hampshire - The circus that was performing when a severe storm blew down a tent in New Hampshire and killed two spectators is putting on its first shows since the accident.