- Voter registration, litigation focus of "Moral March" Updated: Feb-13-16 4:37 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Leaders of an annual march and rally to press for what they call progressive policies in North Carolina urged demonstrators Saturday to register voters and help them overcome hurdles at the ballot box, including photo ID.
- The Latest: Barber says civil rights movement will win Updated: Feb-13-16 2:20 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - The Latest on the annual "Moral March on Raleigh," held Saturday in downtown Raleigh (all times local):
- Protesters in Spain urge puppeteers' acquittal on charges Updated: Feb-13-16 1:51 pm
MADRID - Protesters marched through Madrid and the southern Spanish city of Granada on Saturday calling for charges to be dropped against two puppeteers jailed for allegedly praising terrorism.
- Burundi government has nationwide protests against Rwanda Updated: Feb-13-16 12:47 pm
BUJUMBURA, Burundi' - Thousands of Burundians on Saturday participated in government-sanctioned demonstrations against neighboring Rwanda whom it accuses of supporting a rebellion to topple Burundi's president.
- Fast-food Workers plan demonstration outside GOP debate Updated: Feb-13-16 4:00 am
GREENVILLE, South Carolina - As the Republican presidential hopefuls gather to debate in Greenville, low-wage workers again plan to march to the debate site as part of their campaign for higher pay.
- Protesters want officers who shot Jamar Clark to be charged Updated: Feb-12-16 7:15 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - About 40 protesters crammed into the office of Hennepin County Attorney Mike Freeman on Friday to press him to prosecute two police officers who fatally shot a black man last year.
- Culinary Union to protest at Palace Station near Vegas Strip Updated: Feb-12-16 5:55 pm
LAS VEGAS - The Culinary Union says there could be mass arrests near the Las Vegas Strip as workers plan a protest outside the Palace Station hotel-casino Friday evening.
- After Oregon standoff, some say: Right fight; wrong tactics Updated: Feb-12-16 5:00 pm
LAS VEGAS - Right fight; wrong strategy.
- Migrants attacked around Calais, tinderbox of tensions Updated: Feb-12-16 1:15 pm
CALAIS, France - Mysterious armed groups are on the prowl, targeting migrants in night attacks in Calais and elsewhere in northern France, sowing fear among the displaced travelers living in squalid slums and deepening concerns the city is becoming a tinderbox of anti-migrant, anti-Muslim rage that's fueling a budding nationalist movement.
- Economy focus of S. African nation speech, despite heckling Updated: Feb-11-16 3:15 pm
JOHANNESBURG - South Africa's struggling economy was the focus point of the president's state-of-the-nation address on Thursday, which went ahead despite disruptions and heckling from opposition politicians.
- Measure would deny University of Missouri system funds boost Updated: Feb-11-16 1:01 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - The University of Missouri system's budget would be frozen under a spending plan passed by in a House committee, whose chairwoman blamed the system for not properly handling of recent race-related protests.
- Missouri professor calls her protest actions embarrassing Updated: Feb-11-16 11:26 am
COLUMBIA, Missouri - A suspended University of Missouri assistant professor says she's embarrassed about her run-ins with student journalists during race-related student protests in November.
- Hong Kong activists face riot charges after holiday protest Updated: Feb-11-16 11:14 am
HONG KONG - Several dozen people appeared in a Hong Kong court Thursday to face rioting charges following a violent clash earlier this week between protesters and police sparked by a clampdown on holiday street food vendors.
- FIFA candidate Ali queries Salman's role in Bahrain protests Updated: Feb-11-16 11:13 am
GENEVA - FIFA presidential candidate Prince Ali has questioned the role of election rival Sheikh Salman in not protecting Bahrain players who alleged abuses after pro-democracy protests in 2011.
- Iranians rally to celebrate anniversary of 1979 revolution Updated: Feb-11-16 6:52 am
TEHRAN, Iran - Iranians stated nationwide celebrations Thursday to commemorate the anniversary of the 1979 revolution that ousted a pro-Western monarchy and brought Islamists to power.
- Dozens detained, life paralyzed by strike in Indian Kashmir Updated: Feb-11-16 5:29 am
SRINAGAR, India - Indian authorities detained dozens of Kashmiri activists and placed separatist leaders under house arrest Thursday to prevent them from holding anti-India protests to mark the anniversary of a top separatist leader's hanging more than three decades ago.
- AP news guide: A look at the turmoil in Ferguson Updated: Feb-11-16 2:43 am
FERGUSON, Missouri - The U.S. Department of Justice is suing the city of Ferguson after the City Council failed to approve an agreement that sought to address concerns about police and municipal court practices in the St. Louis suburb.
- Rally and march planned for woman who died in jail Updated: Feb-11-16 2:15 am
ABERDEEN, South Dakota - A rally and march is planned Sunday in memory of a 24-year-old woman who died while in the custody of the Brown County Jail.
- St. Paul mayor: Ice race to go on despite planned protest Updated: Feb-10-16 4:27 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - The mayor of St. Paul says a large ice cross race will go on as scheduled, despite plans by the group Black Lives Matter to disrupt it if a police officer isn't fired.
- Former Malheur occupier arrested on unrelated warrant Updated: Feb-10-16 10:28 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - A man who had been with the armed occupiers at Malheur National Wildlife Refuge has been arrested on an unrelated warrant.
- Hong Kong student held at airport after violent clashes Updated: Feb-10-16 3:11 am
HONG KONG - A Hong Kong student activist was detained at the city's airport on Wednesday morning, apparently on suspicion of involvement in a violent Lunar New Year clash between police and protesters, his group said.
- Dayton asks for no charges against airport protesters Updated: Feb-09-16 6:11 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Gov. Mark Dayton has asked Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport officials not to press charges against Black Lives Matter protesters who shut down roads to the airport.
- Cleric arrested during Ferguson protest acquitted Updated: Feb-09-16 4:49 pm
CLAYTON, Missouri - A cleric arrested during a protest in Ferguson has been found not guilty of willfully disobeying a police order to disperse.
- South African court hears case against president Updated: Feb-09-16 11:45 am
JOHANNESBURG - The chant "Pay back the money" filtered into South Africa's highest court on Tuesday, as judges heard a case in which President Jacob Zuma is accused of violating the constitution in a scandal over state spending on his private home.
- Princeton opens dialogue on alumnus Woodrow Wilson, racism Updated: Feb-09-16 10:44 am
TRENTON, New Jersey - How do you apply 21st-century sensibilities to the legacy of a man raised in the 19th-century South who achieved greatness in the early 20th century at an institution that didn't begin admitting blacks until the late 1940s and women until 1969?