- Protesters to target Chicago shopping area on Black Friday Updated: Nov-25-15 7:32 pm
CHICAGO - Small groups of demonstrators gathered again Wednesday to protest the death of a black teen shot by a white police officer, and they urged supporters to join them in trying to shut down Chicago's famous Michigan Avenue shopping district during the Black Friday shopping bonanza.
- The Latest: Dozens of protesters march busy Chicago street Updated: Nov-25-15 6:20 pm
CHICAGO - The latest on the aftermath of the shooting of a black teenager by a white Chicago police officer (all times local):
- At funeral for slain Minneapolis man, vow to seek justice Updated: Nov-25-15 6:18 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Hundreds of people filled a Minneapolis church on Wednesday for the funeral of a black man whose death in a confrontation with police has sparked days of ongoing protests, while charges were pending against four men suspected in a shooting that wounded several of the protesters.
- The Latest: 4th man in custody in Minneapolis shootings Updated: Nov-25-15 5:08 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The latest in the investigation into the fatal shooting of a black man by Minneapolis police that has sparked more than a week of demonstrations (all times local):
- News Guide: Protests of Chicago teen's shooting continue Updated: Nov-25-15 4:08 pm
CHICAGO - Protest groups returned to the streets of Chicago on Wednesday, one day after the city released a squad-car video showing a white police officer fatally shoot a black teenager.
- The Latest: UK envoy: Jet downing must spur end to Syria war Updated: Nov-25-15 3:20 pm
ANKARA, Turkey - The latest on the war in Syria, including a Russian warplane shot down by Turkey. All times local:
- Seattle police prepare for Black Lives Matter protest Friday Updated: Nov-25-15 12:38 pm
SEATTLE - Seattle police are preparing for a planned Black Lives Matter protest at a downtown Seattle tree-lighting ceremony.
- Students rally for staff members facing potential job loss Updated: Nov-25-15 11:55 am
MARTIN, Tennessee - Dozens of students and staff members from the University of Tennessee at Martin rallied on Tuesday in support of maintenance employees who could potentially lose their jobs.
- Daniels creates Purdue safety panel after student protest Updated: Nov-25-15 11:28 am
WEST LAFAYETTE, Indiana - Purdue University is forming a campus safety relations committee following a student demonstration to protest problems with racism at the school's main campus.
- Providence's dancing cop says he was fired over protest Updated: Nov-24-15 9:54 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Providence's famous dancing cop said he was fired Tuesday from directing holiday traffic for organizing a protest last month against a Dunkin' Donuts worker who wrote "#blacklivesmatter" on another police officer's coffee cup in Rhode Island.
- Recent editorials from Texas newspapers Updated: Nov-24-15 8:31 pm
The Dallas Morning News. Nov. 23, 2015.
- Rally against hate crime draws hundreds at San Diego school Updated: Nov-24-15 8:09 am
SAN DIEGO - Hundreds of people participated in a demonstration at San Diego State University after a report of a hate crime against a Muslim student.
- Dartmouth president condemns reported conduct during protest Updated: Nov-24-15 4:57 am
HANOVER, New Hampshire - The president of Dartmouth College has condemned reports of aggressive behavior during a Black Lives Matter protest earlier this month.
- News Guide: Questions remain in Minnesota police shooting Updated: Nov-24-15 4:14 am
MINNEAPOLIS - The fatal shooting of a black man by a Minneapolis police officer has prompted more than a week of protests and led to calls for answers as state and federal investigators continue to piece together what happened.
- Rival campaign, protesters gear up as Trump hits Ohio Updated: Nov-23-15 5:38 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ahead of Donald Trump's first Ohio campaign stop Monday, supporters of Gov. John Kasich's presidential bid said that the Ohio Republican has the resume to avoid making the type of inflammatory statements that are tripping up GOP rivals who lack similar government experience.
- Rep. James Clyburn donates congressional papers to USC Updated: Nov-23-15 4:26 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - South Carolina native and No. 3 House Democrat James Clyburn announced Monday he's sending his congressional papers to the University of South Carolina to help bring attention to his state's contribution to the national struggle for civil rights.
- Protesters occupy headquarters of Kenya athletics federation Updated: Nov-23-15 12:54 pm
NAIROBI, Kenya - A group of Kenyan athletes occupied the headquarters of the national track and field federation on Monday, demanding the removal of its top officials in a protest against doping and corruption.
- Correction: Free Speech-College Presidents Updated: Nov-23-15 11:06 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - In a story Nov. 22 about debates over free speech on college campuses, The Associated Press erroneously reported how Williams College President Adam Falk described students' background. He said Williams students come from a media environment that doesn't foster "conversation" across disagreements, not "conservation."
- Report: Bahrain tortured detainees years after 2011 protests Updated: Nov-23-15 12:56 am
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - Bahrain's security forces tortured detainees in the years after its 2011 protests, despite a government promise to stop such abuses in the island nation, according to a new report released Monday.
- Polish protest over 'pornographic' play leads to arrests Updated: Nov-22-15 12:15 pm
WARSAW, Poland - Authorities have arrested 12 people who tried to block the entrance to a theater performance in Poland they deemed pornographic.
- A boycott's birth: How the Missouri race protests began Updated: Nov-22-15 10:36 am
COLUMBIA, Missouri - On the day he met with black players for the University of Missouri's football team, graduate student Jonathan Butler hadn't eaten for six days.
- Lebanese minister: Russia's Mediterranean drills ended Updated: Nov-22-15 7:51 am
BEIRUT - Russia has wrapped up military drills that disrupted air traffic in and out of Beirut, allowing flights to resume on their normal routes, Lebanon's transportation minister said Sunday.
- Nepal police fire on ethnic protesters blocking road; 2 dead Updated: Nov-22-15 1:40 am
KATHMANDU, Nepal - Police in southern Nepal opened fire on ethnic protesters blocking the nation's main highway, killing two in fresh violence that threatened to escalate political tensions, officials said Sunday.
- Opposing sides on Syrian refugees rally at Idaho Capitol Updated: Nov-21-15 5:08 pm
BOISE, Idaho - About 1,000 protesters and counter-protesters on opposite sides of the Syrian refugee resettlement issue demonstrated in front of the Idaho State Capitol in Boise on Saturday.
- Mizzou facing image crisis after racial issues, upheaval Updated: Nov-21-15 12:12 pm
COLUMBIA, Missouri - With changes afoot, the University of Missouri is facing an image crisis after days of protests over concerns about the administration's handling of racial issues and subsequent leadership resignations.