- South Korea leader seeks African support against North Korea Updated: May-27-16 7:30 am
ADDIS ABABA, Ethiopia - South Korea's president on Friday urged African leaders to support international efforts to denuclearize North Korea.
- Obama's every gesture will be scrutinized in Hiroshima visit Updated: May-26-16 9:22 pm
HIROSHIMA, Japan - Every gesture. Every word uttered or avoided. Every person Barack Obama speaks with, listens to and stands beside in Hiroshima. All of it will help determine the success of a trip with huge potential political and diplomatic pitfalls, both in America and Asia.
- Nuclear-free aspirations of Obama, Abe conflict with reality Updated: May-26-16 6:52 am
TOBA, Japan - There is the soaring rhetoric. And then there's the messy reality.
- Group that helped sell Iran nuke deal also funded media Updated: May-20-16 3:43 pm
WASHINGTON - A group the White House recently identified as a key surrogate in selling the Iran nuclear deal gave National Public Radio $100,000 last year to help it report on the pact and related issues, according to the group's annual report. It also funded reporters and partnerships with other news outlets.
- Senate blocks measure to forbid buys of Iran 'heavy water' Updated: May-11-16 11:31 am
WASHINGTON - The Senate on Wednesday blocked a Republican effort aimed at undercutting last year's landmark international nuclear deal with Iran.
- Japanese welcome Obama visit to Hiroshima, apology or not Updated: May-11-16 10:50 am
TOKYO - After being taught that atomic bombs are inhumane and terrible, high school student Kaho Matsuki's first reaction when she heard U.S. President Barack Obama would visit the atomic-bombed city of Hiroshima was that he should apologize for America's use of the weapons.
- Mass rally in North Korea after congress bolsters leader Updated: May-10-16 12:19 am
PYONGYANG, North Korea - Hundreds of thousands of North Koreans celebrated the country's newly completed ruling-party congress Tuesday with a massive civilian parade featuring floats bearing patriotic slogans and marchers with flags and pompoms.
- Kazakhstan calls for nuclear free world by 2045 Updated: May-06-16 6:45 pm
UNITED NATIONS - Kazakhstan is seeking to encourage a wide ranging discussion of the role of religion in fighting extremism and terrorism and it is calling for a nuclear free world by 2045, the 100th anniversary of the United Nations, as the Central Asian nation makes its first bid for a seat on the Security Council.
- China ambassador says North Korean proposal merits study Updated: Apr-29-16 11:56 pm
UNITED NATIONS - China's U.N. ambassador says a North Korea proposal under which Pyongyang would halt its nuclear program if the U.S. and South Korea suspend joint military exercises merits consideration.