- Lifestyle changes may guard aging brain against memory loss Updated: Jul-24-15 11:01 am
WASHINGTON - The latest Alzheimer's research has a clear theme: Change your lifestyle to protect your brain.
- Exercise good for brain, even for those with Alzheimer's Updated: Jul-23-15 6:05 pm
WASHINGTON - Exercise may do more than keep a healthy brain fit: New research suggests working up a good sweat may also offer some help once memory starts to slide- and even improve life for people with Alzheimer's.
- Eli Lilly: Experimental Alzheimer's drug shows some benefit Updated: Jul-22-15 5:18 pm
WASHINGTON - Eli Lilly & Co. reported Wednesday that an experimental medication might slow mild Alzheimer's if people take it early enough, one of a handful of drugs in late-stage testing in the frustrating hunt for a better treatment.
- Study: Women with mild memory problem worsen faster than men Updated: Jul-21-15 1:59 pm
WASHINGTON - Older women with mild memory impairment worsened about twice as fast as men, researchers reported Tuesday, part of an effort to unravel why women are especially hard-hit by Alzheimer's.
- Studies: Better sleep may be important for Alzheimer's risk Updated: Jul-20-15 3:33 pm
WASHINGTON - To sleep, perchance to... ward off Alzheimer's? New research suggests poor sleep may increase people's risk of Alzheimer's disease, by spurring a brain-clogging gunk that in turn further interrupts shut-eye.