- Remains of Korean War POW finally home in Exeter for burial Updated: Jun-01-15 3:37 pm
EXETER, New Hampshire - The remains of a New Hampshire soldier who died after being wounded and taken prisoner during the Korean War returned Monday to his hometown of Exeter for burial with full military honors.
- North Korean ex-POWs hope to return home before they die Updated: May-30-15 3:16 am
SEOUL, South Korea - After the Korean War ended in 1953, Kim Myeong Bok and 75 other North Korean prisoners of war detained in South Korea opted to live abroad rather than risk hostile welcomes in either half of their homeland. Now he wants to come home, though he may find little more than rejection and suspicion.
- NY WWII POW remembered in European town where bomber crashed Updated: May-23-15 6:27 am
LAKE LUZERNE, New York - An upstate New York man who survived being shot down during World War II is being remembered by the European town where his bomber crashed.
- German lawmakers agree to symbolic payments to Soviet POWs Updated: May-20-15 1:03 pm
BERLIN - German lawmakers have agreed to make symbolic payments to former Soviet prisoners of war in acknowledgement of their suffering at the hands of the Nazis.
- Bikers on Memorial Day ride visit Ala VA center Updated: May-20-15 8:40 am
TUSCALOOSA, Alabama - What sounded like rolling thunder rumbled into Wayne Wigley's right ear - his bad ear - as about 400 Harley-Davidson, Honda, Suzuki and Kawasaki motorcycles, to name a few, passed sidewalks lined with veterans and their supporters Tuesday.