- Butler Center, Crystal Bridges team on education project Updated: Jul-07-15 3:13 am
BENTONVILLE, Arkansas - The Butler Center for Arkansas Studies is teaming with the Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art and others to develop an education program using historic art and objects.
- 1 person gored in 1st bull-run of Pamplona festival Updated: Jul-07-15 2:40 am
PAMPLONA, Spain - Spain's Red Cross says one person was gored and six others injured as thousands of daredevils tested their bravery and speed by dashing alongside fighting bulls through the streets of this northern Spanish city on the first bull-run of Pamplona's San Fermin festival.
- Chinese families of Yale students grow a garden, tradition Updated: Jul-07-15 1:47 am
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - A once-vacant city block at the northern edge of Yale University has been transformed into a garden by the extended families of graduate and professional students from China.
- NY looking into parade for US women after World Cup win Updated: Jul-06-15 10:05 pm
NEW YORK - The city is talking to the U.S. women's soccer team about the possibility of a parade following its World Cup victory.
- Woman whose body was pulled from SE Colorado reservoir ID'd Updated: Jul-06-15 8:13 pm
PUEBLO, Colorado - Authorities have released the name of a woman whose body was recovered from a reservoir in southeastern Colorado after she fell from a tube being pulled by a jet ski.
- Nyong'o, Blunt sparkle at Christian Dior couture garden show Updated: Jul-06-15 7:23 pm
PARIS - Celebrities such as Lupita Nyong'o and Emily Blunt sparkled in the heat at Christian Dior's vivid couture show, hosted in a timeless conservatory in Paris.
- 2015 Essence Festival draws almost half a million Updated: Jul-06-15 5:34 pm
NEW ORLEANS - Nearly half a million people attended this year's Essence Festival held in New Orleans over the Fourth of July weekend.
- Plans emerge for new casino-hotel on site of New Frontier Updated: Jul-06-15 4:37 pm
LAS VEGAS - Initial plans for a casino-hotel that may rise from the Las Vegas Strip site where the New Frontier once stood show two hotel towers with 1,100 rooms and a 126,000-square-foot space for a water feature inside.
- Grizzly bear shatters barrier at Minnesota Zoo Updated: Jul-06-15 4:27 pm
APPLE VALLEY, Minnesota - A grizzly bear exhibit at the Minnesota Zoo is temporarily closed after one of the bears picked up a basketball-sized rock and shattered a barrier.
- USDA cites West Virginia zoo for handling of tiger cubs Updated: Jul-06-15 4:07 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - A West Virginia zoo used tiger cubs in photoshoots without properly feeding or vaccinating them, according to federal inspectors.
- Dive crews recover body of man reported missing in pond Updated: Jul-06-15 2:32 pm
LINCOLN, Rhode Island - Emergency officials have identified a teenager who appears to have drowned at a Rhode Island state park.
- Atlantic City betting big on non-gambling attractions Updated: Jul-06-15 2:25 pm
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - Atlantic City's efforts to recapture some of the tourism dollars it has lost to casino competition in recent years finally appear to be working.
- Iowa museum to depict what vets experienced while in Vietnam Updated: Jul-06-15 2:08 pm
WATERLOO, Iowa - A museum in Waterloo is set to offer a yearlong exhibit on what veterans experienced while they were in Vietnam.
- Studio Museum in Harlem unveils $122 million expansion Updated: Jul-06-15 1:57 pm
NEW YORK - A Harlem museum limited for years by its decades-old building is getting a new home.
- Fire at California pet boarding facility kills 14 dogs Updated: Jul-06-15 1:22 pm
MONTEREY, California - Authorities say 14 dogs died in a fire at a Central California boarding facility that cares for pets while their owners are away on vacation.
- Authorities: Man helping put on fireworks display is injured Updated: Jul-06-15 11:46 am
PORT SANILAC, Michigan - Authorities say a man helping to put on a fireworks show along Lake Huron was injured when a mortar was inadvertently ignited on the ground.
- Exhibit opens July 4 about black experience in WW2 Updated: Jul-06-15 10:38 am
NEW ORLEANS - About to be overrun by Germans, a young black lieutenant called in an artillery barrage on his own position, knowing he'd be killed. It was the only way to hold off the enemy.
- Cincinnati offers baseball history along with All-Star Game Updated: Jul-06-15 10:33 am
CINCINNATI - The city hosting baseball's All-Star Game this year was the home of a team that played like all-stars back in 1869.
- Zimbabwean government exports elephants despite protest Updated: Jul-06-15 10:32 am
HARARE, Zimbabwe - Twenty elephants exported to China would be "better off" in Chinese zoos rather than struggling wildlife parks in Zimbabwe, the southern African nation's minister in charge of wildlife said on Monday, dismissing protests from animal rights groups.
- Rock opera 'Deep Love' takes the long road to NYC Updated: Jul-06-15 10:02 am
NEW YORK - There's not much to do in eastern Idaho in the winter. It's freezing, windy and depressing. Why not create a musical?
- Girl found at Denver fireworks show in human services' care Updated: Jul-06-15 9:54 am
DENVER - A little girl found alone at Denver's Independence Day fireworks show will remain in the care of human services as police investigate what happened.
- Officials consider $110M Baton Rouge Zoo upgrade, relocation Updated: Jul-06-15 9:48 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Officials are considering a $110 million upgrade at Baton Rouge Zoo that could include moving it to a different location.
- Baby hawks take flight, Joshua Tree reopens climbing area Updated: Jul-06-15 9:40 am
JOSHUA TREE NATIONAL PARK, California - A climbing area at Joshua Tree National Park is open again following the flight of at least two baby hawks that were nesting there.
- Officials ID New Milford man who dies after canoe capsizes Updated: Jul-06-15 9:11 am
CORNWALL, Connecticut - Officials say a New Milford man has died after a canoe capsized in a Connecticut river.
- Phonographs get new life with Indiana antique collector Updated: Jul-06-15 9:07 am
TELL CITY, Indiana - Stepping into Joe Powell's home is like traveling back in time to the turn of the 20th century.