- How would Bayer-Monsanto affect workers, farmers, investors? Updated: May-23-16 5:31 pm
FRANKFURT, Germany - Bayer wants to buy Monsanto for $62 billion, hooking up the German chemical and drug company with the St. Louis-based producer of seeds and weed-killers.
- Report: Genetically altered food safe but not curing hunger Updated: May-17-16 1:03 pm
WASHINGTON - Genetically manipulated food remains generally safe for humans and the environment, a high-powered science advisory board declared in a report Tuesday.
- Fight over GMO labeling law moves to Vermont Updated: May-13-16 1:42 pm
DOVER, Delaware - A federal judge in Delaware says a legal battle between the Dupont Co. and Vermont officials over genetically modified foods should play out in Vermont.
- Opponents of Vermont GMO law find friendly audience in Fargo Updated: May-12-16 5:35 pm
FARGO, North Dakota - A group of food producers and other advocates of genetically modified food gathered in one of the smallest states in the country Thursday to speak out against product labeling requirements set to become law in an even smaller state.
- Royal Botanical Gardens: Mixed report on the world's plants Updated: May-09-16 7:32 pm
LONDON - A report billed as the first comprehensive look at world's plants finds a planet slowly being ravaged by changing land use, mostly conversion of forests to agriculture to feed a growing population, and climate change.