- Wildlife officials capture grizzly bear that killed 5 sheep Updated: Jun-03-15 7:52 am
GREAT FALLS, Montana - A grizzly bear that killed five sheep over the weekend is in the custody of wildlife officials and being relocated near Flathead National Forest.
- Long road back for burned Wash. bear cub Updated: Jun-03-15 3:18 am
SEATTLE - It's been a long road back to health for the bear cub Cinder who was found badly burned after last summer's Carlton Complex wildfire in north-central Washington.
- Bear killed after biting 2 people at Colorado campsite Updated: Jun-02-15 8:06 pm
DURANGO, Colorado - People at a Colorado campsite fought off a bear that was later killed by authorities after it bit one man in the head and attacked another person, official said.
- Paddington-like bear too frail for rescue flight to Colorado Updated: Jun-02-15 6:15 pm
KEENESBURG, Colorado - An elderly former circus bear is too frail to join a flight bringing 33 lions from South America to a Colorado refuge and instead will live out her days in a specially constructed habitat in her native Peru.
- Bear attacks hunter in New Mexico's Lincoln National Forest Updated: Jun-02-15 3:56 pm
LINCOLN, New Mexico - Authorities are searching for an adult black bear involved in the attack of a 55-year-old hunter in New Mexico's Lincoln National Forest.
- Massachusetts teen taken to hospital after bear attack Updated: Jun-01-15 7:43 am
AMHERST, Massachusetts - A western Massachusetts teenager says she feels lucky after suffering just minor injuries in a bear attack.
- Central Missouri town buzzing over black bear's visit Updated: May-30-15 12:13 pm
FULTON, Missouri - Residents in the mid-Missouri town of Fulton are still buzzing after a black bear wandered into downtown, and they're wondering if he'll show up again.
- San Francisco Zoo's playful polar bear dies of old age at 32 Updated: May-29-15 9:31 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - The San Francisco Zoo has lost one of two polar bears.
- Wyoming intervenes on US' side in Grand Teton grizzly suit Updated: May-29-15 5:49 pm
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - The state of Wyoming is intervening on the side of the federal government in a lawsuit over the number of grizzly bears that elk hunters in Grand Teton National Park would be allowed to kill before park officials would have to reassess their rules for the hunt.
- Bear cub recovers from severe burns, will return to wild Updated: May-29-15 10:47 am
BOISE, Idaho - The black bear cub injured in a Washington wildfire last year is finally going home.
- Topeka Zoo makes youngest bears available for public view Updated: May-29-15 6:52 am
TOPEKA, Kansas - For the first time, the Topeka Zoo has made it youngest bears available to the public for viewing.
- Bear cubs euthanized after mother hit, killed by motorcycle Updated: May-28-15 7:40 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - State wildlife officials euthanized two black bear cubs after their mother was killed in a collision with a motorcycle.
- Bear scurries around Wyoming city, falls asleep, gets caught Updated: May-28-15 3:40 pm
CASPER, Wyoming - After leading wildlife officials on a daylong chase through a Wyoming city, an exhausted young black bear fell asleep under a tree.
- Polish police find man who entered bear enclosure, got hurt Updated: May-28-15 1:00 pm
WARSAW, Poland - A man who went missing after tangling with a brown bear at Warsaw's zoo, leaving traces of blood, was found Thursday in the hospital.
- Hungry bear cub found by campers likely going to zoo Updated: May-28-15 12:40 pm
SALEM, Oregon - Officials say a malnourished bear cub found near Green Peter Reservoir will likely be heading to a zoo.
- Judge dismisses case from Ohio pair trying to keep pet bear Updated: May-28-15 12:31 pm
MEDINA, Ohio - A judge has dismissed a civil case by a northeast Ohio couple who want to keep their toothless, 41-year-old black bear despite not getting a required state permit.
- Agents setting traps for bear spotted in West Monroe Updated: May-28-15 9:56 am
WEST MONROE, Louisiana - Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries agents are in West Monroe where a black bear has been spotted.
- Montana grizzlies on the rise after years of struggle Updated: May-28-15 9:53 am
MISSOULA, Montana - Wildlife experts say the grizzly bear population in northwest Montana is finally on the rise.
- Ore. wildlife agency: leave bear cubs in the wild Updated: May-28-15 6:17 am
SALEM, Oregon - The Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife says a malnourished, seriously underweight yearling bear cub found begging for food near a reservoir east of Sweet Home in the Willamette Valley is likely an example of people interfering with wild animals.
- Man who killed 3 bears gets probation, $15,000 fine Updated: May-27-15 9:56 am
KALISPELL, Montana - The man who was convicted in March of killing three grizzly bears has about two weeks to file an appeal.
- Agitated black bear with cubs spotted near Dredge Lake Updated: May-27-15 7:53 am
JUNEAU, Alaska - A mother black bear and her three cubs have been spotted roaming around the Mendenhall Valley.
- Battle over bears heats up again at Lake Tahoe Updated: May-25-15 1:44 pm
RENO, Nevada - A Las Vegas man will ask a judge this week for a protective order against bear advocates at Lake Tahoe, saying they harassed him after he initiated efforts to trap a bear that damaged his vacation home.
- Yellowstone injuries: slips, falls outpace bear mauling Updated: May-24-15 7:30 pm
CASPER, Wyoming - Getting hurt at Yellowstone National Park isn't quite as dramatic as you might think.
- Bear spotted in NY suburbs, latest in series of sightings Updated: May-24-15 9:27 am
ORANGETOWN, New York - A black bear appears to be making rounds in New York's suburban Rockland County.
- Woman fatally shoots charging bear in her front yard Updated: May-22-15 9:59 am
MISSOULA, Montana - A black bear is dead after being shot by a St. Regis woman who says the animal was in her front yard when it charged.