- Cattle-killing bear shot by wildlife officials Updated: Oct-06-15 3:47 pm
COLUMBUS, Montana - Wildlife officials have shot a grizzly bear that killed 12 cows in Stillwater County.
- Man kills grizzly bear near Olney after it attacked Updated: Oct-06-15 11:38 am
KALISPELL, Montana - A man near Olney killed a grizzly bear after it attacked him.
- Wildlife officers set trap after bear kills dog, attacks man Updated: Oct-06-15 8:54 am
ORANGE CITY, Florida - Wildlife officials are trying to trap a bear that attacked a man and killed his dog.
- Hunter escapes attack by shoving arm down bear's throat Updated: Oct-05-15 5:41 pm
GREAT FALLS, Montana - A Montana bow hunter is recovering after he survived a grizzly bear mauling by remembering a tip from his grandmother and shoving his arm down the animal's throat.
- Homeless man in Anchorage uses homemade spear to kill bear Updated: Oct-03-15 12:36 am
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - A homeless man fashioned a machete-like blade to a groomed tree branch and speared a hungry black bear cub that was sniffing for food Friday morning at an illegal camp site in Anchorage.
- Electric fence keeps bears from carcass disposal site Updated: Oct-02-15 10:45 pm
JACKSON, Wyoming - Wildlife officials hope a seven-strand electric fence will keep hungry bears from trying to get into the carcass disposal area at a trash transfer station south of Jackson.
- North Dakota drone team goes to Canada to study wildlife Updated: Oct-02-15 6:06 pm
FARGO, North Dakota - Scientists from the American Museum of Natural History who have spent five decades studying ecology in the polar bear capital of Canada had help this past summer from an unmanned aircraft team from the University of North Dakota.
- Michigan hunter charged in shooting death of mother bear Updated: Oct-02-15 2:22 pm
COLFAX TOWNSHIP, Michigan - A 27-year-old western Michigan hunter has been charged in the fatal shooting of a black bear that was accompanied by her three cubs.
- Lost grizzly bear killed by hunter Updated: Oct-02-15 11:48 am
COEUR D'ALENE, Idaho - A Montana grizzly bear that made its way to the Coeur d'Alene River Drainage last month has been shot and killed by a hunter.
- Colorado Springs man shoots bear; bear later euthanized Updated: Oct-02-15 5:06 am
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado - Colorado Parks and Wildlife officials have euthanized a bear that had attempted to eat trash at a Colorado Springs home and was shot by the homeowner.
- 3-legged bear euthanized near Golden over health concerns Updated: Oct-01-15 9:34 pm
DENVER - Wildlife officials euthanized a three-legged black bear that had been hanging around Golden for the last several weeks because they were concerned about her health.
- Judge refuses to stop Florida black bear hunt Updated: Oct-01-15 8:10 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Florida's first black bear hunt in 21 years will be allowed to go forward after a judge ruled Thursday that a state wildlife agency was within its right to schedule the week-long hunt and carefully considered its impact on the bear population.
- Woman dies after being attacked by bear in her home Updated: Oct-01-15 7:32 pm
KALISPELL, Montana - Flathead County authorities say a Kalispell woman who was attacked by a black bear inside her home has died.
- Feds recommend against building southeast Idaho dam Updated: Oct-01-15 5:35 pm
BOISE, Idaho - An analysis by federal authorities of a proposed dam in southeast Idaho on the Bear River has resulted in a recommendation against going forward with the project.
- Bear injures hiker in Glacier National Park Updated: Sep-30-15 6:34 pm
HELENA, Montana - Glacier National Park officials say a grizzly bear injured a Wisconsin man after the hiker surprised the sow and two cubs.
- Southeast Idaho woman attacked by black bear Updated: Sep-30-15 2:49 pm
POCATELLO, Idaho - A southeastern Idaho woman is recovering after being attacked by a black bear during a family hunting trip.
- 2 grizzlies relocated after killing livestock near Pinedale Updated: Sep-29-15 11:26 pm
CODY, Wyoming - Wildlife officials have trapped and relocated two grizzly bears that were killing livestock north of Pinedale.
- Officials: Black bear attacked elderly woman inside her home Updated: Sep-29-15 1:51 pm
KALISPELL, Montana - Wildlife officials say a black bear that seriously injured an elderly woman attacked her inside her northwestern Montana home.
- Grizzly killed in collision with vehicle in eastern Idaho Updated: Sep-28-15 5:07 pm
ISLAND PARK, Idaho - Idaho officials say a young male grizzly bear died after being struck by multiple vehicles on U.S. Highway 20 near the Idaho-Montana border.
- Boulder bear out of strikes being hunted Updated: Sep-27-15 11:26 am
BOULDER, Colorado - Colorado wildlife officers are on the hunt for a black bear that is out of strikes in the Boulder area and when they find her, they will kill her.
- Game and Fish busy relocating northwest Wyoming grizzlies Updated: Sep-26-15 12:21 pm
POWELL, Wyoming - The state Game and Fish Department has captured and relocated about two dozen grizzly bears in northwest Wyoming this year, up from 2014 when a total of 16 grizzlies were relocated. The number this year continues to rise.
- Maine bear baiting season ends for the year on Saturday Updated: Sep-26-15 10:04 am
AUGUSTA, Maine - Maine's bears can soon eat doughnuts in peace.
- The Latest: Hollywood and big business meet at China dinner Updated: Sep-25-15 6:44 pm
WASHINGTON - The latest developments from the state visit that President Barack Obama is hosting for Chinese President Xi Jinping. All times local:
- First ladies reveal panda cub name: Bei Bei Updated: Sep-25-15 4:24 pm
WASHINGTON - Washington's newest giant panda cub is nameless no more. Call him Bei Bei.
- Grizzly bear moved in northwest Wyoming Updated: Sep-25-15 3:15 pm
JACKSON, Wyoming - The Wyoming Game and Fish Department has trapped and relocated an adult female grizzly bear in the northwest part of the state.