- Nunez homers, Twins take opener against Astros 3-0 Updated: Aug-29-15 12:15 am
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik Updated: Aug-28-15 5:08 pm
SEATTLE - A year to the day after praising Jack Zduriencik as he was rewarded with a contract extension, Seattle Mariners President Kevin Mather found himself speaking with ownership this week on all the areas he believed the club was lacking.
- Cueto roughed up again as Orioles power past Royals, 8-5 Updated: Aug-27-15 12:30 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - There were two things in common with the pitches Johnny Cueto threw to Chris Davis, Manny Machado and Jonathan Schoop: They all began as cutters, and they all ended up as two-run homers.
- High-priced Dodgers floundering on road trip Updated: Aug-24-15 2:51 am
For all the talk about the Washington Nationals and their disappointing season thus far, there's another highly touted National League team that's also in danger of missing the playoffs.
- Yankees honor Pettitte by retiring his No. 46 Updated: Aug-23-15 3:42 pm
NEW YORK - Andy Pettitte would often glare down opposing hitters from the mound, his hat pulled tightly over his forehead and his glove shielding his face from the batter, so only his eyes were visible to those watching the tall lefty from Texas.
- Doug Melvin is leaving as general manager of Brewers Updated: Aug-11-15 7:47 pm
The rebuilding of the last-place Milwaukee Brewers will be overseen by a new general manager.
- Royals refuse to coast with comfy cushion in AL Central Updated: Aug-11-15 3:54 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - When Ned Yost was the bench coach in Atlanta, he watched the Braves cruise to a few division titles with big leads by the time August rolled around.
- Red Sox trade 1B Mike Napoli back to Rangers Updated: Aug-08-15 6:06 am
SEATTLE - Mike Napoli is headed back to Texas, where he played in a World Series before going on to win one with Boston.
- Rangers' belief boosted by sweep of AL West-leading Astros Updated: Aug-06-15 9:15 pm
ARLINGTON, Texas - The Texas Rangers finally had a good time at home.
- Column: Baseball plays parity game as well as any sport Updated: Aug-01-15 12:20 am
The Houston Astros are loading up for a pennant race.
- Rangers get Hamels from Phillies for 2015 - and beyond Updated: Jul-31-15 7:30 pm
ARLINGTON, Texas - With Cole Hamels, the Texas Rangers have gotten another ace in hopes of getting back to the playoffs - in 2015 and beyond.
- Seattle sends reliever Mark Lowe to Toronto Updated: Jul-31-15 2:09 pm
- Astros, Blue Jays add pieces in trades to make playoff push Updated: Jul-31-15 12:10 pm
- Gomez traded to Astros after Mets deal falls through Updated: Jul-30-15 9:57 pm
HOUSTON - The Astros have added another bat to their lineup as they make a push for the postseason, acquiring two-time All-Star outfielder Carlos Gomez from the Milwaukee Brewers.
- Blue Jays land Price in Toronto's 2nd big trade of week Updated: Jul-30-15 7:26 pm
DETROIT - Toronto acquired All-Star left-hander David Price from the Detroit Tigers on Thursday, the second major move in less than a week by the Blue Jays as they chase their first postseason appearance since 1993.