- UW Bothell professors, former student make math discovery Updated: Aug-27-15 5:29 am
BOTHELL, Washington - Two mathematics professors and one of their former students at the University of Washington Bothell have discovered a rare geometry pattern that could have applications in crystallography or self-assembling nanomachines.
- Nebraska test scores show progress in reading, writing, math Updated: Aug-25-15 3:51 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Nebraska public school students showed improvement this year on statewide proficiency tests in reading, writing and math but held steady in science, according to results released Tuesday.
- Mathematician not optimistic about suit seeking ballot audit Updated: Aug-23-15 11:16 am
WICHITA, Kansas - A Wichita State University mathematician says she's not optimistic that she'll win her lawsuit seeking ballot information so she can perform an audit of the 2014 election.
- Proposed Nebraska math standards aimed at deep understanding Updated: Aug-21-15 11:59 am
OMAHA, Nebraska - The proposed Nebraska math standards are aimed at providing elementary and middle school students with a deeper understanding of the subject so they won't stumble when they confront tougher math problems later, according to one of the people who contributed to the proposals.
- New Alaska test scores show students lag in reading, math Updated: Aug-19-15 2:58 pm
FAIRBANKS, Alaska - Results from Alaska's new standardized tests show that fewer students are proficient in math and reading than previous tests indicated.
- Kids score well in English, low in math on new Missouri test Updated: Aug-11-15 3:29 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Most Missouri students scored at least at proficient levels in English on a new statewide test last school year, while students in most grades scored lower in math, according to data released Tuesday by the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education.
- Nev. lawmakers adopt Common Core high school math standards Updated: Aug-10-15 5:04 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Nevada lawmakers have given final approval to adopting Common Core math standards for high school students.