- Help for homework help: Teaching parents Common Core math Updated: Nov-03-15 12:32 am
WESTERLY, Rhode Island - Any adult who has tried to help a second-grader with homework has noticed math is not what it used to be. Now schools are unlocking the secrets of Common Core math for mystified parents.
- Maine reading and math test scores fall Updated: Oct-30-15 5:02 am
AUGUSTA, Maine - Tests scores show that Maine students' reading and math scores for fourth and eighth graders fell slightly or were not significantly different from the last time the National Assessment of Educational Progress test was administered.
- Florida math scores sink on new national test Updated: Oct-28-15 7:48 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - National test scores released Wednesday show a troubling drop in math and relatively flat scores in other subjects for Florida's eighth-grade students.
- National exam shows Detroit students behind in math, reading Updated: Oct-28-15 4:55 pm
DETROIT - Public schools students in Detroit tested well below their U.S. peers on a test called "the nation's report card."
- Oklahoma students improve reading scores, struggle in math Updated: Oct-28-15 3:50 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - A national education report shows Oklahoma fourth-graders' performance in reading improved significantly in 2015, while eighth-grade math scores were well below the national average.
- US Report Card: NY students see math, reading scores slip Updated: Oct-28-15 3:21 pm
BUFFALO, New York - New York schoolchildren earned mostly average scores on the test known as the Nation's Report Card in a year of lackluster results overall.
- Nevada scores stay mostly flat on national test; math drops Updated: Oct-28-15 3:16 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Nevada students' scores stayed mostly flat in a national test administered to a sampling of students every two years, although eighth-grade math scores fell and the state's overall performance continues to lag near the bottom nationally.
- Oregon scores unchanged on national reading, math test Updated: Oct-28-15 2:11 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Oregon fourth- and eighth-graders performed about as well as they did two years ago on a national math and reading test, even as nationwide scores dipped, according to results of the National Assessment of Education Progress released Wednesday.
- NH's high test scores in reading, math hold steady Updated: Oct-28-15 1:19 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - The latest batch of national assessment tests shows New Hampshire students remaining among the highest achievers in math and reading.
- School report shows dip in math scores for Kansas students Updated: Oct-28-15 12:55 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - Kansas schoolchildren are faring worse on a test known as the nation's report card.
- Washington scores steady on national reading, math test Updated: Oct-28-15 12:49 pm
SEATTLE - Washington fourth- and eighth-graders appear to be learning as much in school as kids in the state did two years ago, according to the results released Wednesday of a national test on math and reading.
- South Dakota students see math, reading scores slip slightly Updated: Oct-28-15 12:37 pm
PIERRE, South Dakota - The 2015 Nation's Report Card shows reading and math scores for South Dakota's eighth graders have slipped slightly over the past two years.
- California math, reading scores stagnate on federal exam Updated: Oct-28-15 3:38 am
LOS ANGELES - California student performance in math and reading has stagnated while wide achievement gaps for black, Hispanic and low-income students persist, according to results released Wednesday from a federal exam taken by students across the United States.
- 1 in 10 DC students score 'college ready' on new math test Updated: Oct-27-15 4:08 pm
WASHINGTON - Just 10 percent of Washington students who took a new standardized Geometry test and 25 percent of students who took a new high school English test met proficiency standards designed to reflect whether they are on track to enter college or begin careers after graduation.