- The Latest: State to use satellites to eye unplanted fields Updated: Jun-02-15 5:48 pm
2:30 p.m. (PDT)
- Women in agriculture is focus of discussion in Fargo Updated: May-28-15 11:57 am
FARGO, North Dakota - Women in agriculture was the focus of a discussion at the Fargo campus of the North Dakota State College of Science.
- ND, SD state universities to study changes in ag land use Updated: May-24-15 9:28 am
BROOKINGS, South Dakota - Researchers at state universities in the Dakotas and Iowa will spend this summer analyzing changes in agricultural land use over the past decade.
- Hawaii groups plant coconut trees, protest against Monsanto Updated: May-24-15 4:01 am
HONOLULU - Demonstrators planted coconut trees and waved signs in rallies across the Hawaiian Islands as part of an international day of protests against agriculture business Monsanto.
- High schoolers can register for UNH agricultural camp Updated: May-17-15 10:08 am
DURHAM, New Hampshire - High school students interested in agricultural science can take part in a weeklong summer camp at the University of New Hampshire.
- USDA creates new government certification for GMO-free Updated: May-14-15 5:09 pm
WASHINGTON - The Agriculture Department has developed a new government certification and labeling for foods that are free of genetically modified ingredients.
- Food world's 'mad scientist' Dufresne ponders next steps Updated: May-13-15 10:36 am
NEW YORK - If the sky had been the limit, Wylie Dufresne says, he'd have become a professional baseball player.
- SDSU offers new programs in precision ag, meat, food science Updated: May-10-15 10:15 am
BROOKINGS, South Dakota - South Dakota State University is offering new programs to meet the demands of a changing food industry.
- University of Idaho won't graze sheep in disputed areas Updated: May-08-15 5:26 pm
BOISE, Idaho - The University of Idaho won't graze sheep this summer on three high-elevation areas in eastern Idaho and western Montana until a lawsuit filed by environmental groups concerning a federal sheep research facility is resolved.
- Tuskegee professor receives award for agricultural studies Updated: May-05-15 3:49 am
AUBURN, Alabama - A Tuskegee professor has won a prestigious award for his works in agricultural studies.
- University says county GMO measure could hamper research Updated: May-04-15 6:24 pm
CORVALLIS, Oregon - Oregon State University says a Benton County ballot measure that seeks to ban the cultivation of genetically modified crops in the county could hurt GMO-related university research projects.