- Britain's anti-doping agency probes claims against Salazar Updated: Jun-30-15 12:11 pm
LONDON - Britain's anti-doping agency is investigating claims that American long-distance running coach Alberto Salazar encouraged athletes at the Nike Oregon Project to skirt anti-doping rules.
- Jamaica anti-doping agency starts collecting blood samples Updated: Jun-29-15 5:16 pm
KINGSTON, Jamaica - Jamaica's anti-doping agency announced Monday that it has started collecting blood samples to test athletes on the Caribbean island that produces the world's dominant sprinters.
- Gatlin & Co. ready to face Bolt at worlds Updated: Jun-29-15 4:08 pm
EUGENE, Oregon - Justin Gatlin is still blazing fast at 33 years old. Same with Tyson Gay at 32 and Wallace Spearmon at 30.
- Gatlin cruises to 200 title with top time ever at nationals Updated: Jun-29-15 3:12 am
EUGENE, Oregon - Justin Gatlin just couldn't help himself. He pointed at the clock as he crossed the line, just to make sure no one missed his splendid time.
- Goucher lashes out at former coach Alberto Salazar Updated: Jun-28-15 5:00 pm
EUGENE, Oregon - An upset Kara Goucher took exception at being called a liar by Alberto Salazar after her former coach went public to clear his name over doping allegations.
- In Jamaica, Asafa Powell wins final of men's 100m with 9.84 Updated: Jun-27-15 12:02 am
KINGSTON, Jamaica - Former world record-holder Asafa Powell won the 100-meter final Friday night in Jamaica's trials in 9.84 seconds.
- Tennessee set to make move to a lone 'Lady Vols' team Updated: Jun-26-15 2:37 am
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - Tennessee's decision to eliminate the Lady Volunteers nickname in all sports but basketball is the latest move in a nationwide trend of schools moving away from separate team monikers for men and women.
- AP source: USADA looking into allegations against Salazar Updated: Jun-24-15 7:33 pm
EUGENE, Oregon - The U.S. Anti-Doping Agency has launched an investigation into allegations that famed track coach Alberto Salazar encouraged Olympic silver medalist Galen Rupp and others in his stable of elite runners to skirt anti-doping rules, The Associated Press has learned.
- The Latest: Boston Marathon bomber says he prays for victims Updated: Jun-24-15 2:21 pm
BOSTON - The latest on the formal sentencing of Boston Marathon bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev (all times local):
- UA pole vaulter Morris a semifinalist for Bowerman Award Updated: Jun-23-15 7:27 pm
FAYETTEVILLE, Arkansas - University of Arkansas women's pole vaulter Sandi Morris is one of 10 women's semifinalists for the Bowerman Award.
- NDSU's Teschuk to compete for Canada at Pan American Games Updated: Jun-23-15 10:54 am
FARGO, North Dakota - North Dakota State University junior track and field athlete Erin Teschuk will compete for Canada in the 2015 Pan American Games.
- Teenager Kaylin Whitney on fast track heading into nationals Updated: Jun-22-15 3:35 pm
Sprinter Kaylin Whitney is quick at everything she does, with the exception of cleaning her room.
- Former Australian Olympic runner Ron Clarke dies Updated: Jun-16-15 11:36 pm
GOLD COAST, Australia - Ron Clarke, one of Australia's greatest distance runners and the man who lit the cauldron at the Melbourne Olympics in 1956, died Wednesday at the age of 78.
- Arkansas to induct 9 new members into Sports Hall of Fame Updated: Jun-15-15 3:37 pm
FAYETTEVILLE, Arkansas - The University of Arkansas has announced nine new inductees into the UA Sports Hall of Fame.
- 2 Oklahoma State female track athletes named All-America Updated: Jun-14-15 6:23 pm
STILLWEATER, Oklahoma - Two members of the Oklahoma State women's track and field team have been named All-America at the NCAA Outdoor Championships in Eugene, Oregon.
- Arkansas women finish 4th in NCAA Outdoor Championships Updated: Jun-14-15 1:54 pm
FAYETTEVILLE, Arkansas - The University of Arkansas women's track and field team has finished fourth in the NCAA Outdoor Championships in Eugene, Oregon.
- Prandini-led Oregon women join men as NCAA champs Updated: Jun-13-15 8:54 pm
EUGENE, Oregon - It was a Duck feast at home at the NCAA track and field championships.
- Dibaba targeting sister's 5000 world record at Bislett Games Updated: Jun-10-15 1:35 pm
OSLO, Norway - Ethiopia's Genzebe Dibaba will be the focus of attention at the Bislett Games on Thursday as she attempts to take the 5,000 meters world record from her older sister Tirunesh.
- Gatlin clocks 9.75 in winning 100m at Golden Gala Updated: Jun-04-15 6:50 pm
ROME - Justin Gatlin came within 0.01 seconds of his world-leading time in the 100 meters, clocking 9.75 at the Golden Gala on Thursday.
- Former assistant accuses Salazar of encouraging doping Updated: Jun-03-15 11:42 pm
LONDON - Long-distance running coach Alberto Salazar's former assistant is among those accusing the American of violating anti-doping rules and encouraging doping by one of his top runners, Olympic silver medalist Galen Rupp.
- Arkansas' McLeod on watch list for Bowerman Award Updated: Jun-03-15 6:14 pm
FAYETTEVILLE, Arkansas - University of Arkansas hurdler Omar McLeod is on the watch list for the Bowerman Award for the sixth consecutive time.
- UNC Wilmington track, cross country programs safe for '15-16 Updated: Jun-01-15 3:17 pm
WILMINGTON, North Carolina - North Carolina-Wilmington's running programs are safe for the upcoming academic year.
- Keflezighi runs fastest masters half marathon of 1:02:29 Updated: May-31-15 8:08 pm
SAN DIEGO - Meb Keflezighi won the USA Track & Field Masters Half Marathon title Sunday with a time of 1 hour, 2 minutes, 29 seconds, the fastest ever for a runner 40 or older.
- 92-year-old becomes oldest woman to finish marathon Updated: May-31-15 7:10 pm
SAN DIEGO - A 92-year-old cancer survivor rocked her way into the record books Sunday, becoming the oldest woman to finish a marathon.
- Kazmirek, Theisen-Eaton win Hypo Meeting in Austria Updated: May-31-15 1:09 pm
GOETZIS, Austria - Decathlete Kai Kazmirek led a German 1-2 finish at the Hypo Meeting on Sunday, while Brianne Theisen-Eaton of Canada improved her personal best heptathlon score by 167 points to dominate the women's competition.