- Top runners targeting world record in Berlin Marathon Updated: Sep-25-15 7:43 am
BERLIN - With favorable weather conditions forecast for the Berlin Marathon on Sunday, there will be a handful of runners targeting another world record on the fast course.
- 6 Russian race walkers suspended over positive drug tests Updated: Sep-22-15 12:29 pm
MOSCOW - Six world-class Russian race walkers including a reigning European champion have been suspended after failing doping tests a year before the Olympics in Rio de Janeiro.
- 34-year-old American woman dies in Montreal marathon Updated: Sep-20-15 7:15 pm
MONTREAL - A 34-year-old American woman died after collapsing during the Montreal marathon.
- Belarusian hammer thrower Krivitsky banned for doping Updated: Sep-17-15 4:33 am
MOSCOW - Belarusian hammer thrower Pavel Krivitsky, the fourth-place finisher at last year's European championships, has been banned for four years for doping.
- Mary Keitany of Kenya to defend NYC Marathon title Updated: Sep-16-15 10:41 am
NEW YORK - Mary Keitany of Kenya will defend her title at the New York City Marathon in November.
- Cumberland University adds men's and women's outdoor track Updated: Sep-15-15 3:37 pm
LEBANON, Tennessee - Cumberland University is adding men's and women's outdoor track and field programs in the 2016-17 school year.
- Oklahoma State track and field hires throwing coach Updated: Sep-15-15 1:49 pm
STILLWATER, Oklahoma - The Oklahoma State track and field program has hired former NCAA hammer throw champion Lucais Mackay to coach the men's and women's throwers.
- South Dakota man, Missouri woman win Sioux Falls Marathon Updated: Sep-14-15 7:43 am
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - Runners from South Dakota and Missouri took top honors at the Sioux Falls Marathon.
- Jenny Simpson wins 4th Fifth Avenue Mile title Updated: Sep-13-15 5:45 pm
NEW YORK - American Jenny Simpson won her fourth Fifth Avenue Mile title Sunday, and Nick Willis of New Zealand took the men's race for the third time.
- Schippers edges Felix to win 200 at Diamond League finale Updated: Sep-11-15 5:22 pm
BRUSSELS - Dafne Schippers swept away any doubts she will be a gold medal contender at the Rio de Janeiro Olympics, crossing the finishing line at the Van Damme meet Friday with one index finger held proudly in the air.
- With Bolt out, Schippers and Felix are top draw at Van Damme Updated: Sep-10-15 7:36 am
BRUSSELS - Despite Usain Bolt's late withdrawal, Friday's Diamond League meet still has a great sprint race on the schedule.
- Paula Radcliffe denies that she ever resorted to doping Updated: Sep-08-15 1:17 pm
LONDON - Paula Radcliffe, a three-time London Marathon winner and holder of the world record for the distance, denied Tuesday that she ever used performance-enhancing drugs and said she was "devastated" that her name had been linked to allegations of widespread blood doping in track and field.