- Olympic champion Kirani James breaks Drake record in 400 Updated: Apr-29-16 10:52 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Kirani James let the rest of the world know that he's still the man to beat in the 400 meters.
- Penn State men, Villanova women big winners at Penn Relays Updated: Apr-29-16 7:22 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Brannon Kidder led Penn State to the distance medley relay championship at the Penn Relays on Friday, breaking away from the pack with a blistering anchor leg.
- Allyson Felix out of Doha meet with minor ankle injury Updated: Apr-28-16 5:05 am
DOHA, Qatar - Organizers say Olympic 200-meter champion Allyson Felix has pulled out of the Diamond League meet in Doha next week because of a "minor" ankle injury she picked up in training.
- State backs athletes who could miss Rio due to power failure Updated: Apr-27-16 3:10 am
NEW DELHI - The Olympic ambitions of two Indian sprinters are in jeopardy after a power failure at a weekend qualifying event prevented electronic timing, and their hand-timed performances - good enough to make the team for Rio de Janeiro - do not count.
- London Marathon record for Kipchoge; Sumgong wins after fall Updated: Apr-24-16 2:50 pm
LONDON - A feat of speed by Eliud Kipchoge, rushing to a course record. A feat of fortitude by Jemima Sumgong, recovering from a painful fall to win.
- 6 Russian track and field athletes banned for doping Updated: Apr-21-16 10:48 am
MOSCOW - The Russian Anti-Doping Agency says six track and field athletes have been banned for various doping offenses.
- Boston Marathon winner gives trophy to 1966 pioneer woman Updated: Apr-19-16 4:56 pm
BOSTON - Atsede Baysa learned a little about the Boston Marathon's history a few days before she ran in it, hearing how Bobbi Gibb was turned down for a spot in the 1966 event but ran anyway to show that women could handle the 26.2 miles.
- Ethiopian Boston Marathon winners no sure thing for Olympics Updated: Apr-19-16 2:08 am
BOSTON - The 2016 Boston Marathon was a coronation for Ethiopia, which collected its first-ever sweep of the men's and women's titles.
- The Latest: Bomb survivor runs marathon on prosthetic blade Updated: Apr-18-16 11:42 pm
BOSTON - The Latest on Monday's 120th running of the Boston Marathon (all times local):
- Festive atmosphere marks 120th Boston Marathon Updated: Apr-18-16 6:36 pm
BOSTON - They came bearing cow bells, clever signs and superhero costumes.
- Ethiopian Baysa's late comeback earns Boston Marathon win Updated: Apr-18-16 4:49 pm
BOSTON - Atsede Baysa arrived at the Boston Marathon nearly four years removed from capturing a major marathon title.
- Ethiopians complete 1st-ever sweep of Boston Marathon Updated: Apr-18-16 4:06 pm
BOSTON - The Ethiopians ran past the Kenyans on their way to the Boston Marathon finish line Monday and nearly swept them off the victory podium.
- CAS to hold hearings in May in Russian doping cases Updated: Apr-18-16 11:26 am
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - The Court of Arbitration for Sport will hold hearings next month in the doping cases of 12 Russian track and field athletes hoping to compete at the Olympics.
- Fast times, $16M for charity: Boston Marathon things to know Updated: Apr-17-16 1:00 pm
BOSTON - Happy birthday to the Boston Marathon, which turns 120 on Monday. (You don't look a day over 90.)
- Boston Marathon celebrates 50 years of women in the race Updated: Apr-16-16 7:49 pm
BOSTON - When Joan Benoit Samuelson was in high school in the 1970s, the longest distance she was allowed to run was a half-mile.
- Semenya wins 400-800-1,500 triple at South African nationals Updated: Apr-16-16 1:29 pm
STELLENBOSCH, South Africa - Stealing the show from a reigning world champion, Caster Semenya won national titles in the 400, 800, and 1,500 meters and ran Olympic qualifying times in the first two events at the South African championships on Saturday.
- Olympic marathon champion Noguchi retires Updated: Apr-15-16 3:20 am
TOKYO - Olympic marathon champion Mizuki Noguchi announced her retirement on Friday.
- 1st woman to finish Boston Marathon sculpts her own statue Updated: Apr-14-16 1:21 am
BOSTON - Some of the biggest names in Boston Marathon history are backing an effort to put up a statue honoring the first woman to complete the race - an accomplished sculptor who has been commissioned to create the piece.
- Pittsburgh half-marathoner overcomes being struck by van Updated: Apr-12-16 10:52 am
PITTSBURGH - Pia Crosby was four miles into her first half marathon when the big beige-bricked building appeared before her in the North Side.
- IAAF to allow women to compete in 50K walk for 1st time Updated: Apr-11-16 12:15 pm
MONACO - The last male-only event in track and field is opening up to women.
- Olympic champion walkers in Russian team after doping bans Updated: Apr-11-16 10:18 am
MOSCOW - Three Olympic champion race walkers have returned to the Russian national team after serving doping bans.
- Marius Kipserem of Kenya wins Rotterdam Marathon Updated: Apr-10-16 9:52 am
ROTTERDAM, Netherlands - Marius Kipserem of Kenya won the 36th Rotterdam Marathon is a personal best time of 2 hours, six minutes and 11 seconds Sunday, making the most of warm and almost wind-free conditions on the course around the Dutch port.
- Belarus athletics chief wins battle against doping ban Updated: Apr-09-16 11:22 am
MOSCOW - The IAAF says the head of athletics in Belarus has avoided a lengthy ban after winning a marathon legal battle against the World Anti-Doping Agency.
- Cheptegei wins Carlsbad 5000 in 13 minutes, 24 seconds Updated: Apr-03-16 10:30 pm
CARLSBAD, California - Joshua Cheptegei of Uganda held back speedy competitors to win the Carlsbad 5000 in 13 minutes, 24 seconds Sunday.
- Cyprian Kotut sets personal best to win Paris marathon Updated: Apr-03-16 11:31 am
PARIS - Cyprian Kotut won the Paris marathon on Sunday as Kenyan runners pulled off a podium sweep in perfect weather conditions.