- Emotional scenes as South Sudan gains Olympic status Updated: Aug-02-15 9:22 am
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - With an Olympic flag draped around his neck, the official from South Sudan couldn't contain his emotion.
- Wlodarczyk betters own women's hammer throw world record Updated: Aug-01-15 8:42 pm
CETNIEWO, Poland - Anita Wlodarczyk of Poland has bettered her own hammer throw world record with a distance of 81.08 meters at the Kamila Skolimowska Memorial Throws Festival in Cetniewo.
- Kibet, Ayalew win Maine road race Updated: Aug-01-15 3:44 pm
CAPE ELIZABETH, Maine - Stephen Kosgei Kibet of Kenya and Wude Ayalew of Ethiopia raced to victories Saturday in the Maine 10K road race founded by Olympic hero Joan Benoit Samuelson.
- Kibet, Ayalew win Maine road race Updated: Aug-01-15 3:06 pm
CAPE ELIZABETH, Maine - Stephen Kosgei Kibet of Kenya and Wude Ayalew of Ethiopia won the men's and women's divisions, respectively, in a Maine 10K road race Saturday founded by Olympic hero Joan Benoit Samuelson.
- Louisville coach Walz, Cardinals' Moore win 2nd USA gold Updated: Jul-31-15 5:59 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Louisville coach Jeff Walz and Cardinals standout Mariya Moore have their eyes set on an NCAA championship after teaming up to lead Team USA to a second consecutive international championship.
- Chand aims to qualify for Rio Olympics after CAS verdict Updated: Jul-28-15 12:42 pm
NEW DELHI - Indian sprinter Dutee Chand will aim to qualify for the 2016 Olympic Games after the Court of Arbitration for Sport's decision to suspend IAAF rules that could have blocked women with high levels of male hormones from competing in Rio de Janeiro.
- CAS blocks rules on women athletes with high male hormones Updated: Jul-27-15 5:29 pm
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - In a victory for individual athletes over governing bodies, sport's highest court has suspended IAAF rules governing women who have high levels of male hormones.
- 25,000 take part in San Francisco Marathon Updated: Jul-26-15 10:37 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Twenty-five thousand runners have swarmed across the foggy Golden Gate Bridge in the 38th running of the San Francisco Marathon.
- NDSU track standout set to compete in Pan American Games Updated: Jul-24-15 2:33 am
FARGO, North Dakota - North Dakota State University track and field standout and Canadian national champion Erin Teschuk is making her debut in international competition.
- Gatlin continues fine form with dominant win in 100 meters Updated: Jul-17-15 5:38 pm
MONACO - American sprinter Justin Gatlin continued his fine form by clocking 9.78 to win the 100 meters at the Herculis Diamond League meet on Friday - and then warned his rivals that he can go even faster at the world championships next month with the right start.
- Campaigning athletes cheer Russian coach's exit Updated: Jul-17-15 5:16 pm
MOSCOW - A Russian walk-racing coach announced his retirement while facing a series of doping allegations.
- Ethiopian Genzebe Dibaba sets world record in women's 1,500 Updated: Jul-17-15 4:46 pm
MONACO - Ethiopian Genzebe Dibaba powered down the home straight to set a world record in the women's 1,500 meters at a Diamond League meeting in Monaco on Friday.
- Steele leaves UNI for Iowa St Updated: Jul-17-15 3:06 pm
AMES, Iowa - Northern Iowa head track coach Dan Steele has resigned to become the associate head coach at Iowa State.
- Russia withdraws walk team to avoid doping 'disgrace' Updated: Jul-16-15 12:09 pm
Russia said Thursday it has withdrawn its world-beating team of race-walkers from all international competitions to avoid "disgrace" in the wake of a series of doping allegations.
- Semenya not in South Africa's initial team for world champs Updated: Jul-14-15 3:44 pm
CAPE TOWN, South Africa - Former 800-meter world champion and 2012 Olympic silver medalist Caster Semenya has not made South Africa's initial team for the worlds in Beijing next month after failing to post a qualifying time.
- Athletissima Diamond League Results Updated: Jul-09-15 6:31 pm
100_1, Justin Gatlin, United States, 9.75. 2, Asafa Powell, Jamaica, 9.92. 3, Tyson Gay, United States, 9.92. 4, Michael Rodgers, United States, 10.03. 5, Keston Bledman, Trinidad and Tobago, 10.03. 6, Kim Collins, Saint Kitts and Nevis, 10.08. 7, Isiah Young, United States, 10.11.
- Justin Gatlin races to 100 win in 9.75 at Athletissima meet Updated: Jul-09-15 6:06 pm
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - Justin Gatlin easily beat two big-name rivals by clocking 9.75 seconds in the 100 meters at the Athletissima Diamond League meet on Thursday.