- Advocacy groups, district debate transgender athletes Updated: May-29-16 1:50 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - The Haines School District and a nonprofit Christian advocacy group are at odds over a transgender competitor at the state track meet in Anchorage.
- Justin Gatlin wins 100 at Prefontaine Classic Updated: May-28-16 7:33 pm
EUGENE, Oregon - Justin Gatlin considers himself an antsy person, finding it hard to wait early in the season for the fast times he hopes to have later in the year.
- 8 Russian athletes test positive in 2012 doping retests Updated: May-28-16 12:13 pm
MOSCOW - Russia's Olympic Committee said Saturday that eight of the country's athletes have registered positive in doping retests for the 2012 London Games.
- Geist sets record at PIAA Track & Field Championships Updated: May-27-16 6:38 pm
SHIPPENSBURG, Pennsylvania - Jordan Geist went into the PIAA Track & Field Championships on Friday afternoon with one goal in mind - to break the Pennsylvania state record in the Class AAA boys shot put.
- IOC: 23 positives in retests of samples from London Olympics Updated: May-27-16 12:01 pm
LONDON - Nearly two dozen athletes tested positive in reanalysis of their doping samples from the 2012 London Olympics, adding to the more than 30 already caught in retesting from the 2008 Beijing Games.
- Former coach remembers Olympic hurdler Mamie Rallins Updated: May-27-16 4:04 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The former coach of Olympic hurdler Mamie Rallins says she was a "hard worker" who achieved success on and off the track.
- All the way like FBK: Schippers sets targets for Olympics Updated: May-27-16 4:04 am
HENGELO, Netherlands - It was fitting that Dafne Schippers streaked away from her rivals to set the fastest 200-meter time in the world this year at the wet, windy and chilly FBK Stadion.
- Spanish hurdler tests positive in retest of 2008 samples Updated: May-25-16 3:12 pm
MADRID - Spanish hurdler Josephine Onyia is one of the athletes who tested positive in a reanalysis of doping samples from the 2008 Beijing Games, an official with knowledge of the case said Wednesday.
- State TV says 14 Russians on list for 2008 Olympic doping Updated: May-24-16 3:16 pm
MOSCOW - Ten medalists from the 2008 Beijing Olympics, including 2012 high jump champion Anna Chicherova, were among 14 Russians that tested positive in the reanalysis of their doping samples, state television reported Tuesday.
- Isinbayeva vows lawsuit if Russia barred from Olympic track Updated: May-23-16 12:35 pm
MOSCOW - Two-time Olympic pole vault champion Yelena Isinbayeva plans to file suit if Russia's ban from global track and field competition remains in place and she is barred from competing at the games in Rio de Janeiro.
- Semenya impressive again, Merritt also wins in Morocco Updated: May-22-16 3:47 pm
RABAT, Morocco - Caster Semenya set another world-leading time and again showed she will be one of the runners to watch at the Rio Olympics, leaving behind a strong field to easily win the 800 meters at the Diamond League meeting in Morocco on Sunday.
- Two Harbors man, Minot woman win 12th Fargo Marathon Updated: May-21-16 8:03 pm
FARGO, North Dakota - The men's and women's winners of the 12th annual Fargo Marathon have crossed the finish line.
- Olympic champion Pearson to return at Birmingham, England Updated: May-18-16 12:24 am
MELBOURNE, Australia - Olympic 100-meter hurdles champion Sally Pearson will make her return to the track at a Diamond League meet in Birmingham, England on June 5, just over a year after sustaining a serious wrist injury during a race in Rome last year.
- Rio: Track and field a big test for an Olympics under siege Updated: May-14-16 3:40 pm
RIO DE JANEIRO - American high jumper Chaunte Lowe paid her own way to Rio de Janeiro, and picked up the tab for a hotel for this weekend's test event in track and field - the last of more than 40 test events with South America's first Olympics starting in less than three months.
- Gatlin wins 100m at Shanghai Diamond League Updated: May-14-16 10:48 am
SHANGHAI - American sprinter Justin Gatlin's preparations for the Rio de Janeiro Olympics got off to a solid start with a commanding win in the 100 meters at the Shanghai Diamond League meet on Saturday.
- Russia, Kenya track teams may miss Rio after doping rulings Updated: May-12-16 7:31 pm
MONTREAL - Together, Russia and Kenya won 27 medals at the last Olympics in track and field. Their total at the next one could be zero.
- Marathon world-record holder Kimetto not going to Olympics Updated: May-10-16 2:14 pm
NAIROBI, Kenya - Marathon world-record holder Dennis Kimetto won't run at the Rio de Janeiro Olympics after making himself unavailable for Kenya's team.
- Ennis-Hill out of Hypo Meeting in setback ahead of Olympics Updated: May-06-16 11:58 am
Olympic heptathlon champion Jessica Ennis-Hill has pulled out of this month's prestigious Hypo Meeting in Austria, another setback in her buildup to the Rio de Janeiro Games in August.
- Court rules former coach's lawsuit against Texas can proceed Updated: May-03-16 7:47 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - A race and gender discrimination lawsuit filed against the University of Texas by former women's track coach Bev Kearney can proceed, a state appeals court ruled Tuesday.
- McLeod blows past field to win 110 hurdles at Drake Relays Updated: Apr-30-16 8:14 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Omar McLeod started his outdoor season as dominant as he was in indoor competition, cruising past a talented field for yet another easy victory.
- Sanya Richards-Ross takes "victory lap" at Penn Relays Updated: Apr-30-16 4:52 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Sanya Richards-Ross called her final race at the Penn Relays her "victory lap." Anchoring the U.S. women's 1600 relay, the three-time Olympian and three-time gold medalist had a huge lead going into her leg, making her trot around Franklin Field in front of nearly 45,000 spectators giving her a standing ovation all the more special.
- Teacher Scott Wietecha wins 4th straight Nashville marathon Updated: Apr-30-16 4:13 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Scott Wietecha won his fourth straight St. Jude Rock 'n' Roll Nashville Marathon on Saturday with a time of 2 hours, 25 minutes, 42 seconds.