- Services set for Marine from Wichita who died in Nepal crash Updated: Jun-03-15 7:21 am
WICHITA, Kansas - A U.S. Marine who died in a helicopter crash in Nepal will be buried Friday in his native Wichita.
- Funeral planned for Aurora Marine who died in Nepal crash Updated: Jun-03-15 6:23 am
PLAINFIELD, Illinois - A funeral has been scheduled for a U.S. Marine Corps combat photographer from Illinois who died in a helicopter crash during the aftermath of the earthquake in Nepal.
- Marines to honor troops killed in Nepal in helicopter crash Updated: Jun-03-15 2:39 am
SAN DIEGO - The Marine Corps will honor six Marines who were killed in a helicopter crash while on a rescue mission for earthquake victims in Nepal.
- A May to remember: US auto sales breeze past forecasts Updated: Jun-02-15 6:46 pm
DETROIT - U.S. auto sales were stronger than expected in May, boosted by Memorial Day promotions and strong demand for new SUVs.
- Beau Biden funeral scheduled for Saturday in Wilmington Updated: Jun-02-15 3:58 pm
DOVER, Delaware - A funeral Mass for former Delaware Attorney General Beau Biden will be held Saturday in his hometown of Wilmington, with President Barack Obama delivering a eulogy, White House officials said Tuesday.
- Unclaimed remains of 6 veterans to be interred in Helena Updated: Jun-02-15 10:59 am
GREAT FALLS, Montana - Six veterans are being laid to rest Friday after their unclaimed remains were discovered at a Great Falls funeral home.
- Slaves who died in 1794 Cape Town shipwreck are remembered Updated: Jun-02-15 10:40 am
CAPE TOWN, South Africa - Against a backdrop of exclusive, sea-view apartments in Cape Town, South African and American researchers on Tuesday paid tribute at the spot where slaves died when the Portuguese ship that was carrying them into bondage sank in 1794.
- Newport Beach residents mourn loss of tree with birds' nests Updated: Jun-02-15 6:15 am
NEWPORT BEACH, California - Residents of a neighborhood in Newport Beach are mourning the loss of snowy egret and black-crowned night heron chicks after the tree they were nested in was removed.
- Murder charge for suburban Detroit man in bat attack on wife Updated: Jun-01-15 6:06 pm
INDEPENDENCE TOWNSHIP, Michigan - A 32-year-old Detroit-area man accused of killing his wife and dog with a baseball bat while the couple's children were in other parts of their home has been charged with first-degree murder and animal cruelty.
- Remains of Korean War POW finally home in Exeter for burial Updated: Jun-01-15 3:37 pm
EXETER, New Hampshire - The remains of a New Hampshire soldier who died after being wounded and taken prisoner during the Korean War returned Monday to his hometown of Exeter for burial with full military honors.
- Funeral set for Thursday for state trooper killed in crash Updated: Jun-01-15 2:34 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Funeral plans for a New Jersey state trooper killed when his cruiser struck a deer have been finalized.
- Victim of Portland recording studio shooting remembered Updated: Jun-01-15 6:50 am
PORTLAND, Maine - A 19-year-old Westbrook man shot to death at a Portland recording studio last week is being laid to rest.
- Whitney ceremony at ASU June 6 Updated: May-31-15 12:02 pm
LORMAN, Mississippi - A special memorial service is scheduled June 6 for the late basketball coach Davey L. Whitney Sr. of Alcorn State University.
- Naturalization ceremony set at Mount Rushmore in western SD Updated: May-31-15 10:37 am
KEYSTONE, South Dakota - Mount Rushmore National Memorial will serve as the backdrop Thursday when about 185 people become United States citizens.
- B.B. King recalled with love, humor at Mississippi funeral Updated: May-30-15 6:31 pm
INDIANOLA, Mississippi - B.B. King's early life personified the blues: He was born to dirt-poor sharecroppers in the cotton country of the Mississippi Delta and left alone by the deaths of his mother and grandmother when he was a child. But he never let those circumstances hold him back or define him, a minister said Saturday at the funeral of the blues legend.
- Funeral June 6 for longtime Vermont newsman Updated: May-30-15 9:37 am
BURLINGTON, Vermont - Funeral arrangements are set for longtime television newsman Marselis Parsons.
- New Hampshire veterans cemetery marks Memorial Day Updated: May-30-15 8:31 am
BOSCAWEN, New Hampshire - While many New Hampshire communities marked Memorial Day last weekend and Monday, another ceremony is planned at the New Hampshire State Veterans Cemetery.
- Aretha plans memorial for father, brother at Detroit church Updated: May-29-15 12:26 pm
DETROIT - Aretha Franklin is planning a memorial to her father and brother at a Detroit church that will include gospel music and a soul food buffet.
- Arlington Memorial Bridge lanes Close Friday for repairs Updated: May-29-15 4:16 am
WASHINGTON - Officials say two lanes of the iconic Arlington Memorial Bridge will be shut down before Friday's rush hour commute for lengthy repairs.
- Police aren't confident about finding motive for ND shooting Updated: May-28-15 7:28 pm
FARGO, North Dakota - Finding a motive for a deadly shooting at a Wal-Mart store in northeastern North Dakota will be difficult, even though investigators expect to get more details from witnesses, a police spokesman said Thursday.
- June 4 funeral set for fallen Rio Rancho police officer Updated: May-28-15 6:57 pm
RIO RANCHO, New Mexico - A funeral is scheduled next week for a Rio Rancho police officer who was fatally shot during a traffic stop.
- Traffic deaths down during Memorial Day holiday weekend Updated: May-28-15 2:41 pm
LANSING, Michigan - Michigan State Police officials say preliminary numbers show a drop in traffic deaths statewide during the Memorial Day holiday weekend compared with last year.
- Funeral set for New Orleans housing authority cop killed Updated: May-28-15 3:35 am
NEW ORLEANS - Funeral services will be held Friday for a New Orleans public housing agency police officer killed while on patrol at an agency construction site.
- Memorial service for slain deputy to be held at high school Updated: May-27-15 9:05 am
CLARKSVILLE, Arkansas - Friends, family and community members are set to gather to remember the life and service of an Arkansas reserve deputy who was killed while responding to a burglary report.
- Vermont veterans' hospital hosting May 30 Memorial Day event Updated: May-27-15 3:38 am
WHITE RIVER JUNCTION, Vermont - Vermont's lone veterans' hospital is going to be hosting a Memorial Day ceremony on the day that was traditionally reserved for the celebration.