- Hundreds pay respects to slain California police officer Updated: Nov-30-15 5:33 pm
LOS ANGELES - Law enforcement officers from across the nation wiped away tears and saluted a flag-draped coffin Monday at the funeral for a Southern California police officer who was shot and killed outside his department's headquarters.
- Police: Suspect in officer's death refused to drop rifle Updated: Nov-30-15 2:47 pm
GREENSBURG, Pennsylvania - A police officer fatally shot while responding to a domestic dispute was "100 percent" justified in shooting at the slaying suspect, a state police spokesman said Monday.
- Services set for McFarland police officer killed in crash Updated: Nov-30-15 7:44 am
JANESVILLE, Wisconsin - Services will be held in Janesville Tuesday for McFarland police officer Ryan Copeland, who was killed in a crash while on duty.
- Funeral for Russian royal who died in Aussie trailer park Updated: Nov-30-15 5:54 am
CANBERRA, Australia - Leonid Gurevich Kulikovsky, the reclusive great-grandson of Russian Tsar Alexander III, had a funeral on Monday in the northern Australian city of Darwin after living his final years in obscurity and alone with his dog in an Outback trailer park where he was known by locals as Old Nick.
- Thousands crowd Eden Park for Jonah Lomu memorial Updated: Nov-29-15 10:06 pm
AUCKLAND, New Zealand - World Rugby Chairman Bernard Lapasset led the tributes to Jonah Lomu at a public memorial Monday, saying the former All Blacks winger was a giant whose contribution to the sport "cannot be overstated."
- Thousands turn out to honor 5-year-old Chad Carr, family Updated: Nov-29-15 6:38 pm
SALINE, Michigan - Thousands of people, including University of Michigan football players, have attended a memorial service for the 5-year-old grandson of former coach Lloyd Carr.
- Union members hold memorial for 33 victims of sunken ship Updated: Nov-29-15 1:24 pm
JACKSONVILLE, Florida - Florida's labor unions are honoring the 33 merchant seamen killed when the El Faro cargo ship sunk in October.
- Thousands in Turkey attend funeral of human rights lawyer Updated: Nov-29-15 5:30 am
ANKARA, Turkey - Several thousand people are attending the funeral of a prominent lawyer and human rights defender who was killed in a shooting along with two policemen.
- Funeral for Batmobile creator turns into colorful car show Updated: Nov-29-15 12:09 am
LOS ANGELES - The funeral for George Barris turned into a classic car show as mourners paid respect to the legendary custom car builder by arriving in their uniquely designed vehicles.
- In a donated dress, girl dubbed Baby Doe is buried Updated: Nov-28-15 3:46 pm
WINTHROP, Massachusetts - The 2-year-old girl known for months as Baby Doe after her remains were found in a plastic bag on a Boston Harbor beach was buried Saturday in a donated dress with a donated quilt.
- Egypt's Coptic Orthodox leader makes rare Israeli visit Updated: Nov-28-15 11:08 am
JERUSALEM - The leader of Egypt's Coptic Orthodox Church is making a rare visit to Israel to attend the funeral of a senior Coptic official in Jerusalem.
- Iran holds funeral for diplomat killed in Saudi hajj crush Updated: Nov-27-15 8:24 am
TEHRAN, Iran - Iran has held a ceremonious funeral for one of its diplomats, the former ambassador to Lebanon, who was killed in the hajj stampede outside Mecca in September.
- South Koreans mourn ex-President Kim in state funeral Updated: Nov-26-15 5:32 am
SEOUL, South Korea - Thousands of mourners gathered Thursday at the lawn outside South Korea's parliament to bid farewell to former President Kim Young-sam, whose landmark 1992 election victory ended decades of military rule and ushered in a series of reforms.
- Funeral scheduled for former light heavyweight champion Updated: Nov-26-15 5:01 am
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - A funeral service for former lightweight champion Bob Foster has been scheduled for next week.
- Plan to move veterans memorial with 'Jesus fish' to continue Updated: Nov-25-15 4:17 pm
COLUMBIA, Missouri - Officials say they will continue with their plan to move a veterans memorial that bears a covered ichthus, or "Jesus fish," from the Boone County Courthouse grounds.
- Governor orders flags lowered to honor Detroit firefighter Updated: Nov-25-15 1:45 pm
DETROIT - Gov. Rick Snyder has ordered U.S. and Michigan flags lowered to half-staff Monday at the Capitol and other state government buildings in honor of a deceased Detroit firefighter.
- Head of North Carolina Funeral Board pleads to tax fraud Updated: Nov-25-15 9:47 am
GREENSBORO, North Carolina - The president of the North Carolina Board of Funeral Services is one of two men who have pleaded guilty to federal tax fraud.
- Memorial service in Oklahoma for soldier killed in IS fight Updated: Nov-24-15 7:36 pm
MULDROW, Oklahoma - The first American soldier to die in combat against the Islamic State group in Iraq was remembered Tuesday during a memorial service as a man who was passionate about his wife, children, church and making others happy.
- Marion Barry memorial plans include city hall statue or bust Updated: Nov-24-15 12:28 pm
WASHINGTON - Marion Barry would get a statue or bust in front of the District of Columbia's city hall under new plans unveiled by Mayor Muriel Bowser's office.
- Wreath-laying ceremony set at Richmond police memorial Updated: Nov-24-15 2:45 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - A wreath-laying ceremony is scheduled at the newly reconditioned police memorial statue in Richmond's Festival Park.
- Funeral for Colorado trooper killed by suspected DUI driver Updated: Nov-23-15 7:23 pm
ENGLEWOOD, Colorado - Law enforcement officers from across the country are honoring a Colorado State Patrol trooper who investigators say was killed by a vehicle driven by a retired Army colonel who they suspect had been drinking.
- Germany holds state funeral for ex-chancellor Helmut Schmidt Updated: Nov-23-15 7:22 am
BERLIN - Thousands of people lined the streets of Hamburg on Monday to pay tribute to former West German Chancellor Helmut Schmidt, one of the city's most respected sons who died two weeks ago at age 96.
- Freshman gives Delaware State first win, 32-31 over Howard Updated: Nov-21-15 5:36 pm
DOVER, Delaware - Freshman quarterback Kobie Lain threw two touchdowns and ran for a third in his first start and Delaware State got its first win in the last game of the season, 32-31 over Howard.
- Hundreds attend Father Schlegel's funeral Mass in Omaha Updated: Nov-21-15 5:21 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - Hundreds of people - including Gov. Pete Ricketts and Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert - attended the funeral Mass for the Rev. John Schlegel, who led Creighton University in Omaha for more than a decade.
- Indiana man caught, failed to return to jail after funeral Updated: Nov-20-15 4:02 am
MADISON, Indiana - A southern Indiana man who failed to return to jail after being temporarily released so that he could attend a funeral is back behind bars.