- Memorial service for 3 firefighters Sunday at 1 p.m. Updated: Aug-29-15 3:13 pm
WENATCHEE, Washington - A service for the three firefighters who died while battling the Okanogan complex of wildfires last week will be held at 1 p.m. Sunday at the Toyota Center in Wenatchee.
- Vatican: Heart attack killed ex-envoy charged with sex abuse Updated: Aug-29-15 11:46 am
VATICAN CITY - The former papal envoy to the Dominican Republic, who went on trial at the Holy See this summer for alleged sexual abuse of minors, died of a heart attack, according to initial autopsy results, the Vatican said Saturday.
- Emmett Till relatives gather at boy's grave 60 years later Updated: Aug-28-15 7:20 pm
ALSIP, Illinois - The legacy of the lynching of thousands of black people in America was recalled when the death 60 years ago in Mississippi of just one - Emmett Till - was commemorated Friday at his gravesite in a suburban Chicago cemetery.
- 29 to become citizens at DC's MLK memorial Updated: Aug-28-15 2:18 am
WASHINGTON - Twenty-nine people will become citizens during a ceremony at the Martin Luther King Jr. memorial in Washington.
- Slain security guard remembered as 'incredible human being' Updated: Aug-27-15 11:19 pm
NEW YORK - A security guard who was killed on the job at a federal government office building last week was a loving person and "incredible human being" whose death has been a terrible blow to his fellow guards, more than 200 mourners were told at a memorial service Thursday night for Idrissa Camara.
- Service Saturday for teen who died in fire escape fall Updated: Aug-27-15 1:28 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - A memorial service will be held this weekend in Minneapolis for a teenage boy who fell to his death from a fire escape.
- Slain labor commissioner's body lies in repose at Capitol Updated: Aug-27-15 11:28 am
OKLAHOMA CITY - Oklahoma Labor Commissioner Mark Costello's body is lying in repose in the second-floor rotunda of the state Capitol.
- Italy police keep peace at memorial for gangster clan head Updated: Aug-26-15 12:29 pm
ROME - Police formed human chains to keep the peace Wednesday outside a discreet memorial service for a local clan leader after his ostentatious funeral prompted complaints from lawmakers and even the Vatican newspaper that it glorified the mob.
- Memorial held for Kansas State student killed in Chicago Updated: Aug-26-15 10:04 am
MANHATTAN, Kansas - A Kansas State University student who was killed in Chicago was remembered for her positive attitude and beaming smile.
- Funeral set for officer, son killed in off-duty crash Updated: Aug-26-15 9:11 am
GREENVILLE, Pennsylvania - A double funeral is set for a western Pennsylvania police officer and his son who were killed in an off-duty crash last week.
- Fort Bragg skydiving team remembers air show accident victim Updated: Aug-26-15 4:06 am
FORT BRAGG, North Carolina - Members of the Army's elite parachute team pay their last respects to a Fort Bragg comrade who died during a Chicago air show.
- The Latest: Louisiana governor to attend trooper's funeral Updated: Aug-25-15 7:14 pm
LAKE CHARLES, Louisiana - The latest in the case of a man accused of killing a Louisiana State Police trooper (all times local):
- 600 celebrate life of woman killed in supermarket attack Updated: Aug-25-15 5:35 pm
SACO, Maine - Wendy Boudreau graduated from Thornton Academy in Maine, fell in love with her husband there, and eventually worked there. Hundreds of friends and family attended her funeral Tuesday in the high school's auditorium, where her daughter said her mother wouldn't want her relatives and friends to crumble under the tragedy of her brutal death in a supermarket stabbing.
- Memorial service for fallen firefighters is Sunday Updated: Aug-25-15 4:11 pm
WENATCHEE, Washington - The memorial service for three firefighters who died while battling the Okanogan Complex of wildfires will be Sunday in Wenatchee.
- Shawnee County considers releasing cremains to family Updated: Aug-25-15 3:47 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - Shawnee County leaders are weighing if they should release the ashes of people the county paid to cremate to their families.
- Funeral services, vigil set for slain Oklahoma politician Updated: Aug-25-15 3:25 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - Funeral services and a candlelight vigil have been scheduled for Oklahoma Labor Commissioner Mark Costello, who was stabbed to death in a weekend attack at an Oklahoma City restaurant.
- Biden, congressional colleagues pay homage to Louis Stokes Updated: Aug-25-15 2:49 pm
CLEVELAND - Mourners say Ohio's first black congressman left an enduring legacy of justice and fairness in a world that didn't always treat him kindly.
- Texas police say man 'obsessed' with woman, corpse missing Updated: Aug-25-15 1:10 pm
SAN ANTONIO - San Antonio police trying to find a woman's corpse stolen from a casket say a man "obsessed" with her was the last to leave her funeral.
- Funeral Saturday for Ferguson girl killed by gunfire Updated: Aug-25-15 11:58 am
FERGUSON, Missouri - Funeral arrangements are now in place for the 9-year-old girl killed when someone shot into a Ferguson home last week.
- Skydivers parachute into funeral of Army skydiver Updated: Aug-22-15 8:31 pm
CINCINNATI - A solo Army Golden Knight parachutist honored a comrade's dream by landing on the high school football field where hundreds of mourners gathered for his funeral Saturday, a week after he was involved in a deadly accident at a Chicago air show.
- Services held for woman believed to be oldest US veteran Updated: Aug-22-15 4:41 pm
DETROIT - Funeral services were held in Detroit for a woman who was believed to be the oldest U.S. veteran at the time of her death.
- Police seek corpse stolen from San Antonio mortuary Updated: Aug-21-15 5:16 pm
SAN ANTONIO - Police are seeking clues to the whereabouts of the corpse of a 25-year-old woman stolen from a casket after her funeral at a San Antonio chapel last week.
- Funeral services being held for 2-year-old foster child Updated: Aug-21-15 11:37 am
MARLBOROUGH, Massachusetts - A 2-year-old girl who died in foster care is being laid to rest.
- 4 Texas parks still closed after Memorial Day weekend floods Updated: Aug-21-15 7:46 am
AUSTIN, Texas - Hundreds of volunteers have helped restore more than 50 Texas state parks damaged or closed following deadly Memorial Day weekend flooding.
- Services in Ohio set for Army skydiver killed in Chicago Updated: Aug-21-15 3:18 am
WEST CHESTER, Ohio - There will be visitation services Friday evening in southwest Ohio for a soldier who served in Afghanistan and Iraq and with the Golden Knights skydiving team.