- 21 unclaimed Utah veterans to receive full military funeral Updated: Jul-31-15 2:41 pm
OGDEN, Utah - A group of 21 Utah veterans will receive a full military service and funeral after going for nearly 20 years without a final resting place.
- Turkey: 5 killed in clashes between authorities and PKK Updated: Jul-31-15 8:23 am
ANKARA, Turkey - Kurdish rebels raided a Turkish police station and fired on railway workers in two separate attacks that left five dead, officials said Friday, amid renewed conflict between the security forces and insurgents that has wrecked a fragile peace process.
- Funeral being held for Cardinal Baum, 3rd Archbishop of DC Updated: Jul-31-15 2:19 am
WASHINGTON - A funeral Mass is being held for Cardinal William Wakefield Baum, who served as Archbishop of Washington from 1973 to 1980, and died July 23.
- Fallen California police sergeant's service draws thousands Updated: Jul-30-15 6:31 pm
OAKLAND, California - Thousands of mourners attended a public funeral Thursday for a Northern California police officer who was shot and killed during a traffic stop last week.
- India hangs only man sentenced to die for 1993 Mumbai blasts Updated: Jul-30-15 11:11 am
NEW DELHI - Ignoring pleas and petitions by civil society groups, India on Thursday hanged an accountant convicted of supporting the 1993 Mumbai bombings that killed 257 people in the country's worst terrorist attack.
- Former President Kalam buried in southern India Updated: Jul-30-15 3:47 am
NEW DELHI - Tens of thousands of people gathered in the southern Indian town of Rameswaram on Thursday for the burial of former President A.P.J. Abdul Kalam, known as the father of the country's missile program.
- Massachusetts officials attend church service for Baby Doe Updated: Jul-29-15 8:35 pm
BOSTON - Massachusetts officials have attended a memorial Mass near the Statehouse for a young girl whose body was found in a trash bag last month.
- Mourners honor Navy officer killed in Chattanooga shootings Updated: Jul-28-15 8:15 pm
FORT OGLETHORPE, Georgia - Mourners gathered Tuesday afternoon in Georgia and Tennessee to line the procession route for a Navy officer who was fatally shot in attacks on military facilities in Chattanooga, Tennessee.
- Funeral held for man killed in Ohio traffic-stop shooting Updated: Jul-28-15 4:53 pm
CINCINNATI - Funeral services for a man fatally shot by a University of Cincinnati police officer who stopped him for a missing license plate drew hundreds of mourners Tuesday.
- 3 men get prison time in fatal shooting of man at funeral Updated: Jul-28-15 4:34 am
NEWARK, New Jersey - Three men are heading to prison in connection with a 2013 fatal shooting of a man outside his uncle's funeral in northern New Jersey.
- Friends, family mourn women killed in theater shooting Updated: Jul-27-15 8:49 pm
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - Jillian Johnson was an artistic force in the Lafayette community who worked to beautify her neighborhood while Mayci Breaux was a young woman looking forward to a new job and married life with a longtime boyfriend.
- Funeral held for EMT killed when car collided with ambulance Updated: Jul-27-15 4:08 pm
NORTH BRUNSWICK, New Jersey - Family and friends are mourning a New Jersey EMT who was killed when a car collided with an ambulance responding to a call.
- Hometown wake for Massachusetts marine killed in Tennessee Updated: Jul-26-15 4:35 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Massachusetts - People in his hometown paid their respects on Sunday to a Massachusetts Marine killed by a gunman who attacked a military facility in Tennessee two weeks ago.
- Mother, 3 children killed by carjacked SUV remembered Updated: Jul-26-15 1:31 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Friends and family gathered over the weekend to remember a mother and three children killed by a carjacked sport utility vehicle in north Philadelphia a year ago.
- Funeral set for metro Atlanta Marine slain in Chattanooga Updated: Jul-26-15 8:49 am
WOODSTOCK, Georgia - The funeral is set for a metro Atlanta Marine who was slain in attacks on military facilities in Chattanooga, Tennessee.
- Activist known for brash tactics among dozens held in China Updated: Jul-26-15 1:52 am
BEIJING - Bearded, bald and burly ex-soldier Wu Gan calls himself The Ultra Vulgar Butcher. He poses for online portraits brandishing knives in both hands that he says he'll use to "slaughter the pigs" among local officials who've done wrong.
- Wisconsin town says goodbye to Marine slain in Tennessee Updated: Jul-25-15 6:49 pm
GRANTSBURG, Wisconsin - A small Wisconsin town said goodbye on Saturday to a Marine killed in the recent attack on a Navy-Marine reserve center in Chattanooga, Tennessee.
- NAACP plans protest against NC Confederate memorials bill Updated: Jul-25-15 4:05 am
RALEIGH, North Carolina - The North Carolina NAACP has scheduled a Moral Monday protest against passage of legislation that provides protection for Confederate memorials.
- Hundreds line road as Marine laid to rest in Chattanooga Updated: Jul-24-15 7:40 pm
CHATTANOOGA, Tennessee - Hundreds of people filled a church in Chattanooga to remember a Marine killed in the attack on a Navy-Marine reserve center.
- Prosecutors file murder charges in police sergeant's death Updated: Jul-24-15 4:32 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Prosecutors have filed murder charges against a San Francisco Bay Area man accused of callously shooting a police sergeant in the head during a traffic stop earlier this week, a move that has rattled a the suburban city where the officer served and the law enforcement community throughout Northern California.
- In shift, Turkish jets strike Islamic State targets in Syria Updated: Jul-24-15 2:52 pm
ANKARA, Turkey - In a major tactical shift, Turkish warplanes struck Islamic State group targets across the border in Syria on Friday, a day after IS militants fired at a Turkish military outpost. A Syrian rights group said the airstrikes killed nine IS fighters.
- Walker cancels campaigning to attend funeral Updated: Jul-24-15 11:17 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - Gov. Scott Walker has canceled presidential campaign stops in North Carolina and New Hampshire so he can attend the funeral of a Wisconsin native who was one of four Marines killed in last week's shootings in Chattanooga, Tennessee.
- Chattanooga mayor issues order to protect shooting sites Updated: Jul-24-15 4:05 am
CHATTANOOGA, Tennessee - Chattanooga Mayor Andy Berke has issued an order to keep protesters away from the sites of last week's shootings as well as funeral processions and funeral services.
- Expanded memorial for 9/11 crash in Pennsylvania to open Updated: Jul-23-15 7:20 pm
SHANKSVILLE, Pennsylvania - The National Park Service says a new visitor center at the Flight 93 National Memorial in western Pennsylvania will open Sept. 10.
- Navy has memorial in Virginia for Tennessee shooting victim Updated: Jul-23-15 7:03 pm
NORFOLK, Virginia - The Navy held a memorial service aboard a warship on Thursday for a sailor who was killed during a shooting in Tennessee that also claimed the lives of four Marines.