- North Carolina school system moves to restrict skinny jeans Updated: May-24-16 7:59 pm
WILMINGTON, North Carolina - A North Carolina school system's proposal to ban skinny jeans and other tight pants has drawn a flood of opposition from students and parents.
- Girl barred from prom for wearing suit has her prom night Updated: May-22-16 5:26 pm
YORK, Pennsylvania - A central Pennsylvania high school student barred from attending prom at her Catholic high school because she wore a suit rather than a dress has had her prom night - at a different school.
- Sunglasses, wide-brim hats approved for Mormon missionaries Updated: May-20-16 5:49 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Mormon leaders are giving their young missionaries some help for those long walks beneath the blazing sun by granting them permission to wear sunglasses and wide-brimmed hats.
- Official: School bus driver fired for texting while driving Updated: May-17-16 6:52 am
DES MOINES, Iowa - The Des Moines school district has fired a school bus driver who'd been recorded texting and driving while on her route.
- Vermont school apologizes for girls-only dress code assembly Updated: May-12-16 4:03 pm
WOODSTOCK, Vermont - School administrators in Vermont have apologized for holding a girls-only assembly in which female teachers addressed dress code violations.
- The Latest: School says prom dress code sent out months ago Updated: May-07-16 9:41 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - The Latest on a Pennsylvania high school student who was barred from attending her prom because she wore a suit rather than a dress (all times local):
- Sitka Assembly approves ban on texting while driving Updated: Apr-29-16 10:03 am
SITKA, Alaska - Sitka officials have approved an ordinance that prohibits drivers from using their cellphones while driving.
- Undercover squad may mean more covering up for Tehran women Updated: Apr-27-16 10:29 am
TEHRAN, Iran - Tehran resident Sousan Heidari has stopped letting her headscarf slip casually down over her neck and shoulders while driving in the Iranian capital. These days, the 22-year-old with a taste for bold makeup makes sure to pull it tightly over her dark hair, fearful of running afoul of a newly established undercover division of the morality police.