- $350K 3-year grant for new diabetes prevention program Updated: Oct-06-15 3:47 pm
NEW ORLEANS - The Daughters of Charity Services of New Orleans is getting $350,000 over three years to set up a diabetes prevention program.
- The Latest: University of South Carolina avoids worst floods Updated: Oct-06-15 2:27 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - The latest on the rainstorm that pounded parts of the East Coast (all times local):
- Lumber company donates $6 million to OSU forestry complex Updated: Oct-06-15 9:54 am
CORVALLIS, Oregon - A California lumber company has donated $6 million to Oregon State University to help fund the school's forest science complex.
- Penn State THON organizers to review 'canning' safety Updated: Oct-06-15 9:21 am
STATE COLLEGE, Pennsylvania - Organizers of Penn State's student-run THON charitable campaign have suspended a "canning" weekend - when student collect donations in coffee cans - in the wake of a student's death in a car crash.
- Virginia Living Museum launches $5 million campaign Updated: Oct-06-15 7:22 am
NEWPORT NEWS, Virginia - The Virginia Living Museum has launched a campaign to raise $5 million over the next year.
- Arkansas State announces $1 million gift to business college Updated: Oct-05-15 3:48 pm
JONESBORO, Arkansas - Arkansas State University says it's received a $1 million gift for its new sales leadership center.
- Punahou School receives $10 million from anonymous donor Updated: Oct-05-15 1:06 pm
HONOLULU - The second-largest private school in Hawaii has received a $10 million gift from an anonymous donor and alumnus.
- Head of New Jersey cancer society killed by falling tree Updated: Oct-05-15 11:41 am
COLTS NECK TOWNSHIP, New Jersey - The executive director of New Jersey's chapter of the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society was killed Saturday afternoon when a tree fell on her vehicle during a storm.
- Princeton's endowment grows 12.7 percent, hits $22.7 billion Updated: Oct-05-15 11:03 am
PRINCETON, New Jersey - Princeton University says its endowment grew 12.7 percent in the past fiscal year, a rate of growth higher than Harvard's or Yale's during the same time period.
- University of Indianapolis announces $50M fundraising effort Updated: Oct-05-15 8:21 am
INDIANAPOLIS - The University of Indianapolis has announced a $50 million fundraising campaign along with a new poverty research institute.
- NYU engineering school receives $100M gift Updated: Oct-05-15 8:16 am
NEW YORK - New York University's School of Engineering has received a $100 million gift and will be renamed after its donors.
- Broncos' Latimer joins fight against cancer in honor of dad Updated: Oct-03-15 11:47 am
ENGLEWOOD, Colorado - When Denver Broncos receiver Cody Latimer was 11, his father was diagnosed with colon cancer.
- Money for school-funding issue traced to 3 big donors Updated: Oct-03-15 11:05 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - Two charities have poured $2.6 million into efforts to pass a ballot initiative that aims to guarantee public school funding in the state constitution. But where did that money come from?
- Lexington Hunger Walk raises awareness along with money Updated: Oct-03-15 8:26 am
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - Alice Rogers was getting her blood pressure checked at her doctor's office when the nurse's assistant asked her where she worked.
- UVM gets $20 million donation; renames business school Updated: Oct-02-15 4:36 pm
BURLINGTON, Vermont - The University of Vermont has received a $20 million donation - its largest individual gift ever - and renamed its business school after the donor.
- EXCHANGE: Tazewell County Museum has much and more to offer Updated: Oct-02-15 9:24 am
PEKIN, Illinois - Over the last weekend in August, Christal Dagit was making her last trip to move and downsize. But instead of unpacking dishes and towels, she was carefully unwrapping and finding spots for historic items.
- Governors in the Dakotas make friendly bet on football game Updated: Oct-01-15 12:46 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - North Dakota Gov. Jack Dalrymple and South Dakota Gov. Dennis Daugaard have made a friendly wager on the outcome of this weekend's football matchup between North Dakota State University and South Dakota State.
- University of Chicago gets $100M for global conflict center Updated: Sep-30-15 5:06 pm
CHICAGO - Citing a migration crisis that has displaced more people this year than at any time since World War II, entrepreneur brothers Thomas and Timothy Pearson said Wednesday their family foundation is giving $100 million to the University of Chicago for a research institute aimed at using big data to study and resolve global conflicts.
- Couple gives $45M to expand Drexel's impact on public health Updated: Sep-30-15 4:55 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Philadelphia's Drexel University received a $45 million gift to enhance its public health school's work in improving urban and global health.
- AP to use Knight grant to expand access to data journalism Updated: Sep-30-15 10:56 am
NEW YORK - The Associated Press has announced plans to expand its data-driven journalism with a $400,000 grant from the John S. and James L. Knight Foundation that will improve public access to critical information and provide increased distribution of localized data to thousands of news organizations.
- Prosecutor: woman faked daughter's cancer, took money Updated: Sep-30-15 5:00 am
CHESTERFIELD, Virginia - A Virginia woman has been convicted of defrauding co-workers out of more than $2,000 in cash and gifts by falsely claiming her young daughter had terminal cancer.
- National humanities agency marking 50th anniversary Updated: Sep-30-15 3:45 am
WASHINGTON - An independent federal agency that hands out grants to preserve American culture is celebrating its 50th anniversary.
- Katy Perry, Sting, Seinfeld to perform at benefit concert Updated: Sep-29-15 7:44 pm
NEW YORK - Katy Perry, Sting and Jerry Seinfeld will perform at a benefit concert of the David Lynch Foundation on Nov. 4.
- Tulsa foundation pledges $100,000 to Arkansas marshal museum Updated: Sep-29-15 1:39 pm
FORT SMITH, Arkansas - The Hille Foundation of Tulsa has pledged $100,000 toward the construction of the U.S. Marshals Museum in Fort Smith.
- MacArthur 'geniuses' finally get to talk about awards Updated: Sep-29-15 1:30 pm
CHICAGO - Michelle Dorrance didn't need to be a genius to figure out how to tell both her parents she'd won a $625,000 "genius grant" this year, despite a MacArthur Foundation request that she tell only one person before the official announcement.