- Obama, first lady review library design proposals Updated: May-01-16 2:08 pm
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama is reviewing design proposals for his future presidential library from the seven architectural firms chosen as finalists.
- New Jersey schools aid new school halfway around the world Updated: May-01-16 11:10 am
WILLINGBORO, New Jersey - The old desks, metal chairs and other office furniture were bound for the trash here in Burlington County, but a world away, those ready-to-be-tossed items were able to help transform a school.
- Vermont company to donate to NC gender law repeal Updated: May-01-16 10:15 am
WILLISTON, Vermont - AllEarth Renewables, a Vermont-based solar tracker manufacturer, has announced the company will donate a portion of every tracker sale in North Carolina to the repeal effort of state law HB 2, which it calls discriminatory.
- Rhode Island Foundation awards community-building grants Updated: Apr-30-16 1:48 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The Rhode Island Foundation has awarded $500,000 in grants for local community-building projects.
- Ex-Rendell aide pleading guilty in FBI campaign cash sting Updated: Apr-29-16 8:22 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - A onetime chief of staff to ex-Gov. Ed Rendell agreed in a court document filed Friday to plead guilty to wire fraud for pocketing thousands of dollars in supposed campaign contributions from a fake company set up by the FBI to investigate public corruption in the state.
- Anonymous gift revitalizes Montreat College Updated: Apr-29-16 1:33 pm
MONTREAT, North Carolina - An anonymous gift has revitalized Montreat College, according to the president of the school in western North Carolina.
- Teacher to run 5K race 6 months after double lung transplant Updated: Apr-29-16 12:20 pm
BOSTON - Six months to the day after undergoing a life-saving double lung transplant, a Boston school teacher who was born with a disease that robs him of lung capacity is running a 5K charity road race this weekend.
- Will Smith, Jada Pinkett Smith join Obama youth initiative Updated: Apr-29-16 8:12 am
LOS ANGELES - Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith are adding their star power to President Barack Obama's initiative to boost opportunities for vulnerable young Americans.
- Marshall ceramics event raises $17K for food pantry Updated: Apr-29-16 4:51 am
HUNTINGTON, West Virginia - Marshall University ceramics students have raised $17,000 for a food pantry.
- Famous paleontologist celebrated at Museum of the Rockies Updated: Apr-29-16 1:20 am
BOZEMAN, Montana - A $3 million endowment has been set up at the Museum of the Rockies in honor of renowned paleontologist Jack Horner, who is retiring after 34 years as the museum's curator of paleontology.
- Maine small business grants going to brewer, other companies Updated: Apr-29-16 12:24 am
AUGUSTA, Maine - A Lubec brewing company, a Greenville candle maker and a Sangerville cleaning service are among the businesses that will receive nearly $700,000 in Maine community development money.
- Student gets custom trombone, peers get music knowledge Updated: Apr-28-16 9:50 pm
NEW ORLEANS - Troy "Trombone Shorty" Andrews is no stranger to New Orleans' music scene, having grown up inside it.
- Arizona Republicans want funding for Koch-backed schools Updated: Apr-28-16 6:18 pm
PHOENIX - Arizona's Republican leaders have proposed earmarking millions of dollars for programs at the state's public universities that are backed by billionaire Republican donor Charles Koch.
- Ex-CSU student gives $13 million for scholarships, buildings Updated: Apr-28-16 4:15 pm
FORT COLLINS, Colorado - Colorado State University says an energy company CEO who attended the school is donating $13 million for scholarships and construction projects.
- MTSU names veterans' center for Charlie and Hazel Daniels Updated: Apr-28-16 2:20 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Middle Tennessee State University has named a new support center for military veterans who are students there in honor of country music singer Charlie Daniels and his wife, Hazel.
- New Jersey taxpayers could get charity deductions under bill Updated: Apr-28-16 1:37 pm
MOUNT LAUREL, New Jersey - New Jersey residents could make deductions for charitable donations on their state income tax returns under legislation getting new attention.
- John Brown University gets $3 million challenge grant Updated: Apr-28-16 12:39 pm
SILOAM SPRINGS, Arkansas - The Windgate Foundation is giving a $3 million lead challenge grant to John Brown University for the school's renovation project for a women's residence hall.
- Michigan first lady christens Detroit pink elevator project Updated: Apr-28-16 11:44 am
DETROIT - Michigan first lady Sue Snyder has christened a campaign involving a pink elevator in Detroit to raise funds benefiting the Susan G. Komen organization for breast cancer research.
- LACMA receives record-breaking $75 million donations Updated: Apr-28-16 8:44 am
LOS ANGELES - The Los Angeles County Museum of Art has received two donations totaling $75 million toward its new modernist building.
- 'Virtual Crim' offers participation from afar in Flint races Updated: Apr-28-16 6:54 am
FLINT, Michigan - Organizers of an annual series of summer running races in Flint say people don't need to be in the city to be a part of this year's event.
- NBA's Shaun Livingston donates $1 million to Illinois school Updated: Apr-28-16 6:51 am
PEORIA, Illinois - A central Illinois school has received a big fundraising boost from former student and professional basketball player Shaun Livingston.
- 3 schools get grants to help combat urban heat island Updated: Apr-28-16 3:44 am
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Louisville Mayor Greg Fischer says three schools have been awarded grants for projects to help combat urban heat island.
- Retired Gen. Petraeus to speak at law enforcement gathering Updated: Apr-27-16 9:49 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - Retired Gen. David Petraeus has been tapped as the keynote speaker for an annual gathering of law enforcement officials in South Dakota.
- Purdue-Arizona State and Florida-Duke in Jimmy V Classic Updated: Apr-27-16 7:00 pm
NEW YORK - Purdue will face Arizona State and Florida will meet Duke in the 2016 Jimmy V Classic.
- At Harvard's newest center, researchers look for happiness Updated: Apr-27-16 4:06 pm
BOSTON - For those mired in the eternal quest for health and happiness, there's some good news. Harvard is on the case.