- Derby winner Nyquist is sick and won't run in Belmont Updated: May-24-16 4:01 pm
NEW YORK - So much for a rematch in the Belmont Stakes.
- No exaggeration, NBC Preakness ratings up over last year Updated: May-24-16 2:29 pm
NEW YORK - Exaggerator's victory over Kentucky Derby winner Nyquist in the Preakness was watched on NBC by an average of more than 9.4 million people, a 6 percent increase over American Pharoah's victory last year in the second leg of the Triple Crown.
- Derby winner Nyquist's trip to Belmont delayed by fever Updated: May-23-16 4:43 pm
NEW YORK - Two days after the first loss of his career, Kentucky Derby winner Nyquist has developed a slight fever, leaving plans temporarily on hold for a rematch with Preakness winner Exaggerator in the Belmont Stakes.
- Preakness win behind them, Desormeauxs prepare for Belmont Updated: May-22-16 12:30 pm
BALTIMORE - Bonded by their prowess for getting the most out of race horses, siblings Keith and Kent Desormeaux have a relationship that can best be described as professional.
- No kidding: Exaggerator beats Nyquist in Preakness Updated: May-22-16 12:00 am
BALTIMORE - Despite the fog, the rain and an undefeated Kentucky Derby winner to contend with, Hall of Fame jockey Kent Desormeaux knew the best route to the Preakness winner's circle with Exaggerator - stay inside and wait.
- Owners of Barbaro suffer another loss on Preakness day Updated: May-21-16 7:39 pm
BALTIMORE - Ten years after Kentucky Derby winner Barbaro tragically broke down at the start of the Preakness, the owners of the popular colt watched another horse they bred die during a race on a rainy Saturday at Pimlico Race Course.
- The Latest: Exaggerator wins Preakness Updated: May-21-16 7:05 pm
BALTIMORE - The Latest on the 141st running of the Preakness Stakes at Pimlico Race Course (all times local):
- Trainer Bob Baffert wins 2 stakes on Preakness undercard Updated: May-21-16 6:46 pm
BALTIMORE - Hall of Fame trainer Bob Baffert won a pair of 3-year-old stakes on the Preakness undercard Saturday at rainy and foggy Pimlico.
- Rain, rain likely not going away for Preakness at Pimlico Updated: May-21-16 10:53 am
BALTIMORE - A steady rain soaked Pimlico Race Course on Saturday morning, and the forecast for the rest of the way was anything but sunny on Preakness Day.
- Preakness 2016: Everyone loves Nyquist, even his rivals Updated: May-20-16 8:20 am
BALTIMORE - Everyone loves Nyquist.
- All 12 slots taken for world's richest race at Gulfstream Updated: May-19-16 4:52 pm
BALTIMORE - All 12 spots have been sold for next year's inaugural $12 million Pegasus World Cup at Gulfstream Park - the world's richest horse race.
- Sizing up the field for the 141st running of Preakness Updated: May-19-16 2:19 pm
BALTIMORE - A look at the field for the 141st running of the Preakness Stakes at Pimlico Race Course on Saturday (horses listed by post position, with trainer, jockey, analysis, morning-line odds):
- Derby winner Nyquist draws No. 3 post as Preakness favorite Updated: May-18-16 6:56 pm
BALTIMORE - Doug O'Neill couldn't have done any better if he picked Nyquist's post position himself.
- Bob Baffert looks for Preakness upset with Collected Updated: May-18-16 1:33 pm
BALTIMORE - Hall of Fame trainer Bob Baffert hopes Collected will deliver more than another "opening act" in the Preakness on Saturday at Pimlico.
- Preakness 2016: How well do you know its history? Updated: May-17-16 2:30 am
BALTIMORE - How well do you know the history of the Preakness? Try this quiz:
- Back in Baltimore, O'Neill eyes Preakness rerun with Nyquist Updated: May-12-16 2:22 pm
BALTIMORE - The last time trainer Doug O'Neill brought a Kentucky Derby winner to Baltimore he did much more than merely prepare I'll Have Another for the Preakness.
- Memories of Barbaro, and a doctor's regret 10 years later Updated: May-09-16 9:41 am
BALTIMORE - The passage of time has trickled ever so slowly for trainer Michael Matz since Barbaro's final gallop at the Preakness.
- Derby winner Nyquist heads to Preakness; new rivals await Updated: May-08-16 5:38 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Kentucky Derby winner Nyquist heads to Baltimore on Monday to prepare for the Preakness, where the undefeated colt could face up to 13 rivals including nine new shooters seeking to derail his Triple Crown bid.
- Do you finish ahead of the field in Kentucky Derby trivia? Updated: May-02-16 12:08 pm
How well do you know the history of the Kentucky Derby? Try this quiz: