- US military tests ballistic missile interceptor off Hawaii Updated: Aug-03-15 6:40 pm
HONOLULU - The U.S. military said Monday it successfully tested an interceptor that can shoot down ballistic missiles as well as airplanes.
- US-China nuclear agreement passes congressional review Updated: Aug-03-15 4:33 pm
WASHINGTON - An agreement allowing American involvement in China's civilian atomic industry is set to be renewed for 30 years despite some stiff criticism from lawmakers over the Asian nation's record on nuclear proliferation.
- For North Korea, Iran-style nuclear deal not an option Updated: Jul-30-15 7:01 am
PYONGYANG, North Korea - If any hopes have been raised that the progress between the United States and Iran to halt Tehran's development of nuclear weapons could bring change in Pyongyang, North Korea has gone out of its way to thwart them.
- Carter: Successful Iran nuclear deal better than strike Updated: Jul-29-15 7:45 pm
WASHINGTON - Defense Secretary Ash Carter said Wednesday that the U.S. armed forces stand ready to confront Iran, but told lawmakers that a successful implementation of the nuclear agreement with Tehran is preferable to a military strike.
- Iran, France talk of 'new era' in ties after nuclear deal Updated: Jul-29-15 10:33 am
TEHRAN, Iran - France sought Wednesday to relaunch diplomatic ties with Iran in the hope of boosting business in the country, following a key nuclear deal between Tehran and world powers reached earlier this month.
- House intelligence chairman calls for new Iran assessment Updated: Jul-28-15 5:34 pm
WASHINGTON - House intelligence chairman Devin Nunes is asking for additional intelligence assessments related to the nuclear agreement with Iran.
- North Korea official says not interested in Iran-style deal Updated: Jul-28-15 12:29 am
BEIJING - The North Korean ambassador to China said Tuesday that his country has no interest in an Iran-style nuclear disarmament deal because North Korea is a "nuclear weapons state."
- Analysis: Like Iran, pacts with USSR ignored foe's behavior Updated: Jul-24-15 3:26 am
WASHINGTON - Critics of the Iran nuclear deal claim it is flawed, among many reasons, because it does not demand that Tehran also change its behavior at home and abroad. That complaint ignores the United States' long history of striking arms control agreements with the Soviet Union, a far more dangerous enemy.
- France set to back reducing reliance on nuclear power Updated: Jul-22-15 10:26 am
PARIS - French lawmakers are set to approve a bill aimed at reducing the country's reliance on nuclear power and boost the usage of renewable energy instead.
- Democrat, Republicans differ on Iran nuclear deal Updated: Jul-21-15 6:44 pm
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama's nuclear deal with Iran drew support from a member of the Senate Democratic leadership and sharp criticism from a senior Republican on Tuesday, ahead of private briefings from Cabinet officials who negotiated the accord.
- N. Korea: No interest in something like Iranian nuclear deal Updated: Jul-21-15 5:20 am
SEOUL, South Korea - North Korea said Tuesday that it's not interested in an Iran-type nuclear disarmament deal, saying it won't abandon its atomic weapons as long as the United States maintains hostile policies toward the country.
- Senator: Compensate residents near site of atomic bomb test Updated: Jul-16-15 6:17 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - People who lived near the site of the first atomic bomb test in the New Mexico desert and later developed cancer and other health problems need to be compensated, a U.S. senator said Thursday.
- White House seeks support at home and abroad for Iran deal Updated: Jul-16-15 5:57 pm
WASHINGTON - At home and abroad, the White House courted support for a landmark nuclear deal with Iran on Thursday as congressional leaders in both parties pointed toward a politically charged showdown this fall over Republican attempts to scuttle the agreement.
- The Latest: Obama: Unlikely that deal benefits militants Updated: Jul-15-15 2:55 pm
WASHINGTON - Here are the latest developments involving the agreement between the United States, Iran and world powers to limit the Islamic Republic's nuclear program (all times EDT):
- For US and Iran, nuke deal is a series of tough compromises Updated: Jul-15-15 3:10 am
WASHINGTON - The nuclear accord with Iran required a difficult series of compromises for world powers and Tehran.
- Oklahoma congressman, senator express concern on Iran deal Updated: Jul-14-15 2:58 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - Many members of Oklahoma's all-Republican congressional delegation are criticizing an agreement between Iran and world powers that's intended to curb Iran's nuclear program.
- From covert Iran nuke program to final deal - a timeline Updated: Jul-14-15 9:05 am
VIENNA - Tuesday's nuclear agreement between world powers and Iran culminates more than a decade of diplomatic efforts to ensure that Tehran cannot develop nuclear weapons.