- EU imposes more airplane, shipping sanctions on North Korea Updated: May-27-16 11:37 am
BRUSSELS - The European Union has added several measures to its North Korea sanctions list because of the regime's continued nuclear and missile testing programs.
- Curry scores 31, defending champion Warriors reach Game 6 Updated: May-27-16 8:51 am
OAKLAND, California - "We ain't going home! We're not going home!" Stephen Curry screamed at the top of his lungs.
- South Korea leader seeks African support against North Korea Updated: May-27-16 7:30 am
ADDIS ABABA, Ethiopia - South Korea's president on Friday urged African leaders to support international efforts to denuclearize North Korea.
- Obama's every gesture will be scrutinized in Hiroshima visit Updated: May-26-16 9:22 pm
HIROSHIMA, Japan - Every gesture. Every word uttered or avoided. Every person Barack Obama speaks with, listens to and stands beside in Hiroshima. All of it will help determine the success of a trip with huge potential political and diplomatic pitfalls, both in America and Asia.
- Obama defends his nuclear record on eve of Hiroshima visit Updated: May-26-16 1:24 pm
SHIMA, Japan - In Japan, President Barack Obama is defending the vigor of his administration's efforts to rid the world of nuclear weapon. He says his visit to Hiroshima will underscore "the sense of urgency that we all should have" about disarmament.
- Nuclear-free aspirations of Obama, Abe conflict with reality Updated: May-26-16 6:52 am
TOBA, Japan - There is the soaring rhetoric. And then there's the messy reality.
- China top general visits Japan WWII chemical weapons site Updated: May-26-16 6:20 am
BEIJING - China's top general urged Japan to speed up the disposal of leftover World War II chemical weapons on Thursday, a day before President Barack Obama is to visit a Japanese city destroyed by a U.S. nuclear bomb.
- Rights group urges halt of arms deals to Egypt over abuses Updated: May-24-16 8:04 pm
- French police force open fuel depot amid protests, shortages Updated: May-24-16 1:18 pm
PARIS - French police used water cannons on Tuesday to disperse projectile-throwing protesters blocking a key fuel depot on the Mediterranean, as gasoline shortages spread around the country amid increasingly tense labor actions.
- North Korea's UK ambassador rejects Trump's offer of talks Updated: May-24-16 1:13 pm
LONDON - North Korea's ambassador to Britain said Tuesday that his country has no interest in presumptive Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump's offer to open nuclear talks with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un.
- North Korean diplomat who negotiated '94 deal with US dies Updated: May-21-16 12:08 am
SEOUL, South Korea - A top North Korean diplomat who negotiated a short-lived 1994 deal with the United States to freeze its nuclear programs in exchange for international aid has died of cancer, the country's state media said Saturday.
- Group that helped sell Iran nuke deal also funded media Updated: May-20-16 3:43 pm
WASHINGTON - A group the White House recently identified as a key surrogate in selling the Iran nuclear deal gave National Public Radio $100,000 last year to help it report on the pact and related issues, according to the group's annual report. It also funded reporters and partnerships with other news outlets.
- Sweden taps human rights, disarmament ambassadors Updated: May-20-16 6:46 am
STOCKHOLM - Sweden's foreign minister says the Scandinavian country is giving "greater focus" to human rights and disarmament by naming two veteran diplomats as ambassadors in charge of those issues.
- North Korea names ex-nuclear envoy as new foreign minister Updated: May-17-16 10:21 am
SEOUL, South Korea - North Korea has named a career diplomat and ex-nuclear envoy with broad experience in negotiating with rivals South Korea and the United States as its new foreign minister, according to a diplomatic letter from Pyongyang.
- The Latest: Mayor demands inquiry after security 'fiasco' Updated: May-15-16 7:11 pm
MANCHESTER, England - The Latest on the evacuation of Manchester United's stadium after a suspicious package was found (all times local):
- Police: Fake bomb at Man United left from training exercise Updated: May-15-16 6:45 pm
MANCHESTER, England - A fake bomb left behind during a security exercise led police to evacuate Manchester United's home stadium on Sunday, disrupting the final day of the English Premier League season and bringing embarrassment to one of the world's best-known sports teams.
- More air testing in store at Radford ammunition plant Updated: May-13-16 6:02 pm
CHRISTIANSBURG, Virginia - Details about upcoming air testing at the Radford Army Ammunition Plant were discussed Thursday during a community meeting about environmental issues at the facility.
- Missing gun a factor in firing of Junction City chief Updated: May-13-16 9:55 am
JUNCTION CITY, Oregon - Call it the mystery of the vanishing gun.
- Senate blocks measure to forbid buys of Iran 'heavy water' Updated: May-11-16 11:31 am
WASHINGTON - The Senate on Wednesday blocked a Republican effort aimed at undercutting last year's landmark international nuclear deal with Iran.
- Japanese welcome Obama visit to Hiroshima, apology or not Updated: May-11-16 10:50 am
TOKYO - After being taught that atomic bombs are inhumane and terrible, high school student Kaho Matsuki's first reaction when she heard U.S. President Barack Obama would visit the atomic-bombed city of Hiroshima was that he should apologize for America's use of the weapons.
- Mass rally in North Korea after congress bolsters leader Updated: May-10-16 12:19 am
PYONGYANG, North Korea - Hundreds of thousands of North Koreans celebrated the country's newly completed ruling-party congress Tuesday with a massive civilian parade featuring floats bearing patriotic slogans and marchers with flags and pompoms.
- Iran issues vague denial about reported missile test Updated: May-09-16 1:07 pm
TEHRAN, Iran - Iran's defense minister issued a vague denial after a media outlet close to the elite Revolutionary Guard said Monday that it had test-fired a ballistic missile with a range of 2,000 kilometers (1,250 miles) two weeks ago.
- Israel indicts nuclear whistleblower Mordechai Vanunu Updated: May-08-16 2:46 pm
JERUSALEM - Israel has indicted Israeli nuclear whistleblower Mordecai Vanunu for meeting with American citizens in Jerusalem and violating other court-ordered restrictions.
- Kazakhstan calls for nuclear free world by 2045 Updated: May-06-16 6:45 pm
UNITED NATIONS - Kazakhstan is seeking to encourage a wide ranging discussion of the role of religion in fighting extremism and terrorism and it is calling for a nuclear free world by 2045, the 100th anniversary of the United Nations, as the Central Asian nation makes its first bid for a seat on the Security Council.
- Michael Douglas promotes peace and disarmament through art Updated: May-04-16 2:56 am
UNITED NATIONS - Actor Michael Douglas says the winning posters in a global competition to commemorate the first U.N. General Assembly resolution 70 years ago calling for the abolition of nuclear weapons "instantly create a universal message of peace."